This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    I had thought the Voodoo was banned as well turns out they aren't and I think its just their stance that don't want to post any more and maybe the posters who did frequently post who worked for Voodoo might of been told not to do so any more.

Plus I think you might of missed this post of mine the other day BK
    wow danny I didnt see that can I get cliffs on what that was about please?

Comment

Plus I think you might of missed this post of mine the other day BK
      funny, I played in the Vegas Nights monthly game last sunday. when were they turfed out?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        funny, I played in the Vegas Nights monthly game last sunday. when were they turfed out?
        Cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          wow danny I didnt see that can I get cliffs on what that was about please?
          Basically what was said above, the pics I just posted are of the new venture that he is involved in obviously the monthly game is Nicks idea and was helped run it by The Voodoo Card Club and it was a success but obviously it wouldnt make sense for the game to stay there while Nick is involved in a new place.

So that seemed to breed some bad blood from the managements point of view towards Nick and eruptions ensued!
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

- when people went to the meeting it turned out to be an affiliate harvest
            What is that?

Comment

The game went ahead but Nick was thrown out of the club.

Comment

Who told u this?
                ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                  What is that?
                  If you get people to sign up to a certain site they get x amount and you get x amount of €€€

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                    Who told u this?
                    Why?

Comment

What is that?
                      its where you get your friends to sign up to a new poker site using a code and you get a % of their rake. its great for the site but poor enough for you and isnt much of a job

Comment

Love when people get owned i'm the fish

PokerStars Game #50045722840: Tournament #313975978, $55.00+$2.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level I (20/40) - 2010/09/23 14:23:12 WET [2010/09/23 9:23:12 ET]
                        Table '313975978 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
                        Seat 1: DrJFF (2960 in chips)
                        Seat 2: mandza17 (3040 in chips)
                        DrJFF: posts small blind 20
                        mandza17: posts big blind 40
                        *** HOLE CARDS ***
                        Dealt to DrJFF [4s 4d]
                        DrJFF: raises 40 to 80
                        mandza17: raises 160 to 240
                        DrJFF: calls 160
                        *** FLOP *** [Js 2h 6h]
                        mandza17: bets 160
                        DrJFF: calls 160
                        *** TURN *** [Js 2h 6h] [7c]
                        mandza17: bets 440
                        DrJFF: calls 440
                        *** RIVER *** [Js 2h 6h 7c] [2c]
                        mandza17: bets 920
                        DrJFF: calls 920
                        *** SHOW DOWN ***
                        mandza17: shows [Ad 3s] (a pair of Deuces)
                        DrJFF: shows [4s 4d] (two pair, Fours and Deuces)
                        DrJFF collected 3520 from pot
                        *** SUMMARY ***
                        Total pot 3520 | Rake 0
                        Board [Js 2h 6h 7c 2c]
                        Seat 1: DrJFF (button) (small blind) showed [4s 4d] and won (3520) with two pair, Fours and Deuces
                        Seat 2: mandza17 (big blind) showed [Ad 3s] and lost with a pair of Deuces
                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's pretty bad form. Nick runs a good game of the pokers. I wasn't aware he wasn't involved in the monthly game no more.

Comment

Why?
                            Just wanted to know, seems very strange like.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                              That's pretty bad form. Nick runs a good game of the pokers. I wasn't aware he wasn't involved in the monthly game no more.
                              He will be involved in the monthly game I reckon as it will be run in the new club he has a part in I reckon.

Just wanted to know, seems very strange like.
                              Yeah I couldnt believe it when I first heard it but I heard it from 2 people who I would totally believe about it.

Comment

where is the best place to buy one?

no im pretty sure it is 100% gimped to be fair. it was falling apart

price range 500-700

Comment

Yeah I couldnt believe it when I first heard it but I heard it from 2 people who I would totally believe about it.
                                  Thats a strange one, Nick runs good game nice bloke 2.

Comment

well if you think about it as far as the Voodoo is concerned Nick has served his purpose. Like the Monthly game has become fairly popular and I dont think it will massively suffer as a result of Nick being removed i.e. they can just call it the Voodoo monthly game.

I dont think enough people will stay away on principal to hurt the Voodoo?

Comment

New dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip vid.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un5w_Lt2EV8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                      Last edited by MegaSin; 23-09-10, 13:49.

Comment

well if you think about it as far as the Voodoo is concerned Nick has served his purpose. Like the Monthly game has become fairly popular and I dont think it will massively suffer as a result of Nick being removed i.e. they can just call it the Voodoo monthly game.

possibly not. both voodoo and the new club could run the same structure tournament and provided they're on different days could bring a large field to both. Problem is the Vegas Nights operation brings a lot of pub players to the game who wouldn't play in the voodoo normally.

Comment

Vegas numbers have went down greatly have they not?

I remember those days in the whitehoue

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

Monthly games bringing in 70+ runners regularly, last sunday was the first one that went below that.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

From the 1st day there was about 115

To now they are 79. Could be wrong.
                                                Last edited by MegaSin; 23-09-10, 14:03.

Comment

Originally posted by tonc76 View Post
                                                  1: Under no circumstances may two men share an umbrella.

2: It is OK for a man to cry ONLY under the following circumstances:

(a) When a heroic dog dies to save its master.
                                                  (b) The moment Angelina Jolie starts unbuttoning her Blouse.
                                                  (c) After wrecking your boss's car.
                                                  (d) When she is using her teeth.

3: Any man who brings a camera to a stag night may be legally killed and eaten by his friends.

4: If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his sister is off limits forever unless you actually marry her.

5: Moaning about the brand of free beer in a mate's fridge is forbidden.
                                                  However complain at will if the temperature is unsuitable.

6: No man shall ever be required to buy a birthday present for another man.
                                                  In fact, even remembering your mate's birthday is strictly optional. At that point, you must celebrate at a strip bar of the birthday boy's choice.

7: In the mini-bus, the strongest bladder determines pit stops, not the weakest.

8: When stumbling upon other blokes watching a sporting event, you may ask the score of the game in progress, but you may never ask who isplaying.

9: You may fart in front of a woman only after you have brought her to climax. If you trap her head under the covers for the purpose of flatulent entertainment (commonly known as a Dutch oven), she's officially your girlfriend.

10: It is permissible to drink a fruity alcohol drink only when you're sunning on a tropical beach ... and it's delivered by a topless model and only when it's free.

11: Only in situations of moral and/or physical peril are you allowed to kick another guy in the nuts.

12: Unless you're in prison, never fight naked.

13: Friends don't let friends wear Speedos. Ever. Issue closed.

14: If a man's fly is down, that's his problem, you didn't see anything.

15: Women who claim they 'love to watch sports' must be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge of the game and the ability to drink as much as the other sports watchers.

16: A man in the company of a hot, suggestively dressed woman must remain sober enough to fight.

17: Never hesitate to reach for the last beer or the last slice of pizza, but not both, that's just greedy.

18: If you compliment a guy on his six-pack, you'd better be talking about his choice of beer.

19: Never join your girlfriend or wife in discussing a friend of yours, except if she's withholding sex pending your response.

20: Never talk to a man in a bathroom unless you are on equal footing i.e., both urinating, both waiting in line, etc. For all other situations, an almost imperceptible nod is all the conversation you need.

21: Never allow a telephone conversation with a woman to go on longer than you are able to have sex with her. Keep a stopwatch by the phone. Hang up if necessary.

22: The morning after you and a girl who was formerly 'just a friend' have carnal, drunken monkey sex. The fact that you're feeling weird and guilty is no reason for you not to nail each other again before the discussion occurs about what a big mistake it was.

23: It is acceptable for you to drive her car. It is not acceptable for her to drive yours.

24: Thou shall not buy a car in the colours of brown, pink, lime, green, orange or sky blue.

25: The girl who replies to the question 'What do you want for Christmas?'
                                                  with 'If you loved me, you'd know what I want!' gets an Xbox 360 End of story.

26: There is no reason for guys to watch Ice Skating or Men's Gymnastics.
                                                  Ever.

27: We've all heard about people having guts or balls. But do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to keep you informed, the definition of each is listed below:

* 'GUTS' is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say, 'are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?'

* 'BALLS' is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife square on the ass and having the balls to say, 'You're next fatty!'

I hope this clears up any confusion, The International Council of Man Laws
                                                  i think no.28 should be: it is ok to eat all of your mates jaffa cakes even if he only offers you one and is nieve enough to pass the whole packet to you while saying "do you want one"

this one just came to me during lunch break today

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

In fairness i like the club and staff, i don't know the full story( If any) but i certainly wouldn't be trying to ''Hurt'' the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                      i think no.28 should be: it is ok to eat all of your mates jaffa cakes even if he only offers you one and is nieve enough to pass the whole packet to you while saying "do you want one"

this one just came to me during lunch break today
                                                      no.29 A cat is not a pet. It's something to kick against the wall when you get a bad beat

Comment

Monthly games bringing in 70+ runners regularly, last sunday was the first one that went below that.
                                                        Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                        From the 1st day there was about 115

To now they are 79. Could be wrong.
                                                        these are the monthly games?

that game doesn't run in the whitehouse anymore does it?

Comment

Uh oh, where Chinese food failed to screw up my constitution, I think Japanese food has begun to win the war...

Comment

It could effect it, think about the players that Nick would of brought in and if word gets around of what happened it could have a big impact on it imo. I suppose the big ones is if they run it again and see what kind of numbers it gets.

In fairness i like the club and staff, i don't know the full story( If any) but i certainly wouldn't be trying to ''Hurt'' the club.
                                                            Ive always thought the club was very good and the staff in general but after the whole jobs fiasco and the lack of respect in their response and now the thing with Nick it would probably be a long time if I ever darken their doors again.

Comment

61 at the last monthly game - one over the guarantee. I'd say that guarantee mightn't last much longer. Pity as it's a class game, maybe schools being back might boost it a little (or adding tickets to it when regular tournie prizepool hits €600 or so). Can understand them not wanting Nick there with them looking to keep the players and him opening a new place and obv would like his regulars to follow. But he was a big help to them before and played their nightly games fairly often too, the least he should get is a thank you and then explain why they'd prefer he didn't come to the monthly game. Will have to find out for sure what happened exactly before settling on an opion.

I'm a reg in Voodoo but seem to not be there when the shit hits the fan with stories coming out. You hear so many stories in the poker world that it's hard to seperate the bullshit from the truth at times and I don't like forming opinons of people or places over something I didn't see myself. I've heard both sides of the (old) story and there's bad form both ways, but I prefer to just not get involved, not really my problem. Can see what IPB members had a problem with and can see what Voodoo had a problem with. The story about Nick is the one I really want to find out (and will), as my first days in poker were in his pub game in Clonee and have known him since. Top bloke.

Personally I think how Barry's does will have a big effect on Voodoo. Location-wise the D1 is much closer but I think all of the regs from Voodoo have some links to the lads running the new place. Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Comment

Anyone know where I can hire a decent comedian from?

Comment

I'm rarely in there on weekends, what happened with the VIP lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                    I'm available most nights.

Hilarity guaranteed

Comment

I'm rarely in there on weekends, what happened with the VIP lounge?
                                                                      wasn't getting the business - not that I didn't contribute! few nights in there buying whiskey rounds for the table. might as well bring them down to my level!

Comment

i recommend this guy

went to college with him, great Stand-up.

Comment

i recommend this guy

went to college with him, great Stand-up.
                                                                          Can you Pm me contact details if you have them please.

Comment

trying to get hold of them CC, will pm them to you when I have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              no.29 A cat is not a pet. It's something to kick against the wall when you get a bad beat
                                                                              Or punch a penguin. Preferably a baby one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  yay, we have passed out Pakistan and are now....drumroll.....No. 4 in the world!

oh wait, this isn't a league you want to be top of

i was hoping it was cricket. how come we're still doing better than greece?

Comment

What is CPD%?

Comment

What is CPD%?
                                                                                      Cumulative Probability of Default
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What is CPD%?
                                                                                        Its french, loose translation is
                                                                                        "Measure of Fuckedness"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          yay, we have passed out Pakistan and are now....drumroll.....No. 4 in the world!

oh wait, this isn't a league you want to be top of

Why is UAE/Dubai so high? Dont they print $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                            'coz dey is broke loike
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                              Is there anything other I have to do apart from buy a vodafone sim and sticking it in with credit? It would be handy for browsing when going to footy matches.
                                                                                              You just have to go to Settings>Wireless and Networks> Mobile Networks>Access Point Names> and then in there you should be able to see vodafone live or similar. It is pretty straightforward, and that should only need to be checked the first time you use your vodafone card.

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                              A lot of the voodoo heads are probably a bit disilliusioned with the Voodoo site ban. Personally I think its ridiculous too
                                                                                              They are not banned. Both voodoo accounts are able to post. It was requested that they provide some sort of decent answer to the members on a site where they promoted something that turned out to be false promise, but their answers were wishy-washy at best. The last we heard was a PM from one of the people there saying that the person who could provide a better reply was away for a few days, and would respond when he returns. That was months ago. If anyone is 'boycotting' here due to voodoo being banned, then they are misguided. If an individual/club wants to still not post here in light of that, then that is their perogative. However, no account was banned over it, although we did convey our annoyance and request a clarifying answer that has not been forthcoming.

To put it in context. If a club offered a 20k guaranteed tourney, got loads of runners, but then the punters found out it was 20k guaranteed over 10 online tourneys, then people would be rightly pissed off. It is not exactly the same obviously, but there are parallels.

Comment

The new line of iPods have been released over 2 weeks ago now and ive only seen one place in Dublin have them Smyths in Blanchardstown and very little at that, its a little ridiculous, was in the Apple authorised seller CompuB at Trinity college the other day and they said "probably the end of the month"

Get the finger out you pricks!

Comment

Your a funny cnut

Comment

The new line of iPods have been released over 2 weeks ago now and ive only seen one place in Dublin have them Smyths in Blanchardstown and very little at that, its a little ridiculous, was in the Apple authorised seller CompuB at Trinity college the other day and they said "probably the end of the month"

Get the finger out you pricks!
                                                                                                    With my excuses to CHD

'Apple Must Die'

Comment

With my excuses to CHD

'Apple Must Die'
                                                                                                      No worries, they are right up there with iPoker, the directors of Cyrus and Jeremy Clarkson.

Comment

With my excuses to CHD

'Apple Must Die'
                                                                                                        Welcome to the war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                          No just practicing for an aptitude next week to get onto the next stage of the Fire Service recruitment.
                                                                                                          I wouldn't worry about numerical questions of the level you posted. In fact if you get one like that and answer it correctly I'm pretty sure you'll be disqualified from further consideration.

Comment

nah they went pretty much bankrupt.

Comment

any one know how much tickets for the Odeon cost 2nite?

is any one heading there?heard snowpatrol are playing?

Comment

Comment

You ever see that episode of Beavis and Butthead where they pass the same $1 note back and forth between them to buy chocolate bars from each other that they're selling for charity? And they both end up with all their chocolate sold and only $1 to show for it?

That's what happened to the UAE.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dice you should have said " Eye see your getting wiser with age"

Comment

Up later?

Comment

Can't make it unfortunatly Ciaran, have other things to attend to.

Poking myself in the eye with a sharp stick

Comment

Baaaaa - Marthas day, pub poker gonna be fun 2nite

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X