X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Had to stop reading MCWilliams when he said
    'as safe as Carthage houses' when he obviously meant Carthaginian phawww.

Mary Robinson and its not even close ... well maybe John Hume is close but he's dead in the water by virtue of the association with the dire baby doll Miriam.
    LOL @ all the kids who don't realise that living in Ireland before 1988 was the same as living in Iran.
    lol at exaggerations

Comment

Little Johnny walks into his parents bedroom to find his Dad giving his Mum one. His Dad smirks and throws a pillow at the door saying, "Get outta here, you little shit!"

A couple of hours later Dad hears a whole lot of commotion coming from little Johnny's bedroom. He goes up to find little Johnny giving his Grandma a right royal seeing to.

Little Johnny smiles, "It's not so fucking funny when it's YOUR mum, is it?"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I can't access PPP, can someone tell me what Dustin Johnson is for the Tour Chanpionship

*I know the machine is the place to bet but I'm looking for a guide from wacker powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
            I can't access PPP, can someone tell me what Dustin Johnson is for the Tour Chanpionship

*I know the machine is the place to bet but I'm looking for a guide from wacker powers.
            9's

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Think i'd be taking a bit of a risk there, as think the market is being ridiculous but no guarantee that it will stop being ridiculous. Think the ease up of ridiculousness is more likely in the 4yr. But I'd risk €50 (don't want to blow all my unemployment gains!) on the 10year bond being lower than 6.29 as long as we can say that the end date is December 10th instead of the end of the year to avoid the light trading in the Christmas / New Year period. Would you be interested?
                Ha, no way Jose!

surely you must view 6.29 as an irrational spike?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can you access Odds checker?

If not he's 10/1 best price with VC and Ladbrokes. (same price as Betfair).

Comment

Comment

What part do you disagree with? Surely you must view 6.29 as an irrational low point given the coming economic doom and bust?
                      I'm not taking the bet as it stands, I'd be taking the worst of it

you'd have to adjust downwards to pre-spike

Comment

The same list as Ronnie Drew, oh to have lived to see this day. Ya left out Spiral btw
                        And Bang Bang. Not enough genuine nutcases on the go at these days.
                        This fella used to have my Da's heart scalded on the busses.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          9's
                          10's in Laddies

Edit : as pointed out by AJ

Comment

I'm kind of serious about the comparison between Ireland Pre Garret Fitzgerald and Mary Robinson as being very similar to the way life has been in Iran under the Theocracy.
                            The role of the church in public life is a lot more explicit there obviously but having experienced both I do think they are very similar.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                  that is brilliant
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6o7G4gPB8M[/ame]

Comment

I'm kind of serious about the comparison between Ireland Pre Garret Fitzgerald and Mary Robinson as being very similar to the way life has been in Iran under the Theocracy.
                                      The role of the church in public life is a lot more explicit there obviously but having experienced both I do think they are very similar.
                                      Ok so this thought popped into my head, Say Marty did get off with his mother and all that, and say they had sex and he impregnated her.

Rewriting history ftw

Comment

Had to stop reading MCWilliams when he said
                                        'as safe as Carthage houses' when he obviously meant Carthaginian phawww.

Mary Robinson and its not even close ... well maybe John Hume is close but he's dead in the water by virtue of the association with the dire baby doll Miriam.
                                        LOL @ all the kids who don't realise that living in Ireland before 1988 was the same as living in Iran.
                                        it could not have been that bad man.i mean pre 1988 Iran was really a bad place to live in,we didn't even have bananas there ...can you imagine?

Comment

lol, your posts yesterday were all about how the 6.29 rate or thereabouts was a sign of economic collapse and IMF intervention, and now today when there is a bit of cash involved you are calling that rate a spike that will be reversed. If you think the current rate is irrationally high and not a fair reflection on the state of the economy, what was all that posting about yesterday?!!!

I'll leave my offer as it stands at the rate on Dec 10th being lower than the current rate of 6.29.
                                          sorry, no bet (with me anyway, you might find someone else to take it though)

you might want to re-read yesterday's posts by the way; they were an explanation of what was happening on the bond market in relation to yesterday's issue. And yes, if you look at the graph, the current rate is a spike. I've gotten an edge on prop bets often enough myself not to want give one up!
                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 22-09-10, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                            it could not have been that bad man.i mean pre 1988 Iran was really a bad place to live in,we didn't even have bananas there ...can you imagine?
                                            Sur all we had was penny apples

Comment

can you expand on that?

Comment

Shibuya crossing is absolute madness...thousands crossing the junction at a time! I also got the subway at rush hour. Its ridic. They all queue up at designated locations where the doors of the train will be, then sardine it up inside the train. I pity the fools around me, who were all at armpit level after I'd been walking around all avo in 35C heat!

Nice Japanese dinner afterwards, washed down with a bucket of Sake!

Comment

I love C&H so much
                                                  Here is one just right for this forum

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Found a great site for film recommendations.

Login, rate some films / tv programmes, and it will recommend other films in that genre. I was looking for something like this for ages, a last.fm/Pandora for films.

The Audience filter "Boys' Night" has so many superb films to watch. I think I've covered the first 3 pages in their entirety already.
                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 22-09-10, 13:09.

Comment

You we probably accused of being a mullah in Iran so thought feck it I might as well be working in Dublin.
                                                      Not the same thing Tony.
                                                      Last edited by Solskjaer; 22-09-10, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        can you expand on that?
                                                        Well, I'm thinking in social rather than political terms.
                                                        The hand of the church was in every crevice of mainstream life and peoples decisions were limited to what fell within their norms. Undoubtedly there was a continuum of change from Lemass on that saw some liberalisation, I'm not saying a switch was flicked when Mary Robinson got the Aras but her being such a figurehead of the social agenda having her validated and recognised was was a huge moment. In the mid to late Eighties we were still very much in thrall to the pervy fuckers in frocks, the Anne Lovett, Joanne Hayes and Eileen Flynn cases are all testament to how deep the malign influence of our moral guardians was. But it ran through everyones lives, we all knew the people who 'had' to get married, the girls who never wanted to but 'had' to give their babies up for adoption. I remember a teacher friend being de facto fired because she was 'living in sin'. My experience of Iran is that it is a country that is still living out that same kind of moral oppression in public.

Comment

Comment

Found a great site for film recommendations.

Login, rate some films / tv programmes, and it will recommend other films in that genre. I was looking for something like this for ages, a last.fm/Pandora for films.

The Audience filter "Boys' Night" has so many superb films to watch. I think I've covered the first 3 pages in their entirety already.
                                                            Wrong link surely

Comment

Well, I'm thinking in social rather than political terms.
                                                              The hand of the church was in every crevice of mainstream life and peoples decisions were limited to what fell within their norms. Undoubtedly there was a continuum of change from Lemass on that saw some liberalisation, I'm not saying a switch was flicked when Mary Robinson got the Aras but her being such a figurehead of the social agenda having her validated and recognised was was a huge moment. In the mid to late Eighties we were still very much in thrall to the pervy fuckers in frocks, the Anne Lovett, Joanne Hayes and Eileen Flynn cases are all testament to how deep the malign influence of our moral guardians was. But it ran through everyones lives, we all knew the people who 'had' to get married, the girls who never wanted to but 'had' to give their babies up for adoption. I remember a teacher friend being de facto fired because she was 'living in sin'. My experience of Iran is that it is a country that is still living out that same kind of moral oppression in public.
                                                              There was still a million times more freedom than there was\is in Iran. I understand your point but feel the comparison is overblown.

Now try to think of a democracy with populist, clientelist politics, highly conservative social mores and a largely peasant population and you'll have a better analogy. Maybe Southern Italy?

Comment

ah yeah, was just trying to goad* you into taking the bet
                                                                my reads are good

Comment

Wrong link surely

no e.. My bad!

Fixed now

Comment

fucking vending machine

Comment

There was still a million times more freedom than there was\is in Iran. I understand your point but feel the comparison is overblown.

Now try to think of a democracy with populist, clientelist politics, highly conservative social mores and a largely peasant population and you'll have a better analogy. Maybe Southern Italy?
                                                                      Yea I'm not trying to compare the political situations at all. Really it is just a feeling that socially everyone is on the same page and are living out their public roles to a formula that allows them to keep out of trouble.
                                                                      You would be surprised at the amount of freedom people have in their private lives there, it is all very much about public appearances.
                                                                      I was in Iran during Ramadan once and having come from Egypt where they are all holier than thou and go about hugely ostentatious displays of piety all the time I was surprised to see a good half of the people in the place I was working sneaking out to eat food they brought in with them every time the manager disappeared to pray.
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 22-09-10, 13:19.

Comment

What's the current price for a trip to casualty to get an x-ray?

Possible broken big toe after football last night.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                            fucking vending machine
                                                                            condoms or chocys?

]

Comment

Possibly getting a bit old at this stage but I still loled.

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

condoms or chocys?
                                                                                choccy condoms imo

Comment

I paid 85 euro in the Charlemont Clinic for an X Ray last week, in and out in 10 minutes

Comment

Too much!
                                                                                    I wouldn't bother if I was you

Sur by the time the Arthritis kicks in the anti-inflammatories and the likes will be dirt cheap

Comment

chocys. that will put me in bad form for the day. I didnt even get a sweat by the machine turning it just swallowd my money.

of course refund button doesnt work

Comment

Yea I'm not trying to compare the political situations at all. Really it is just a feeling that socially everyone is on the same page and are living out their public roles to a formula that allows them to keep out of trouble.
                                                                                        I don't know about this, there's never been absolute conformity or anything like it in Ireland since the foundation of the state (imo). Urban\rural divide, middle class vs working class, the remaining Prods, Blueshirted fascists, Opus Dei, socialist lefties...there's always been room for a fairly wide society.

You would be surprised at the amount of freedom people have in their private lives there, it is all very much about public appearances.
                                                                                        I was in Iran during Ramadan once and having come from Egypt where they are all holier than thou and go about hugely ostentatious displays of piety all the time I was surprised to see a good half of the people in the place I was working sneaking out to eat food they brought in with them every time the manager disappeared to pray.
                                                                                        having met Gholimoli, I wouldn't be surprised at all

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                          Sur by the time the Arthritis kicks in the anti-inflammatories and the likes will be dirt cheap
                                                                                          20 euro for a week's worth and after all that, the doctor tells me I don't have a broken finger, I don't have arthritis and he hasn't a clue why my left index finger doesn't work

thanks Doc, I presume you'll waive your fee now?

Comment

I love watching vending machine tilt, it turns some people into animals for a few minutes in a attempt to get their 80c bar that the machine didn't give out for some reason!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Vending machines are here to test us my son. Let's all kneel like they did in pre 1988 Ireland and say a rosary for bubbleking.
                                                                                              Remember don't get yer condoms from a vending machine that also sells sweeties. You could end up with a Jelly baby.

Comment

I don't know about this, there's never been absolute conformity or anything like it in Ireland since the foundation of the state (imo). Urban\rural divide, middle class vs working class, the remaining Prods, Blueshirted fascists, Opus Dei, socialist lefties...there's always been room for a fairly wide society.
                                                                                                I suppose its true that growing up in a midlands town in the 60's and 70's was a lot different from Swinging Proddy Dublin in the '80's

Comment

I suppose its true that growing up in a midlands town in the 60's and 70's was a lot different from Swinging Proddy Dublin in the '80's
                                                                                                  I get ya now. Midlands Ireland in the 60s. Not unlike outer Mongolia I would guess.

There was me thinking by pre1988 you meant 1987 or something. (The Iran years)

Comment

lol, probably not much! The claustrophobic nature of small town life probably magnifies the perception of sterility and conformity though.

so basically what you're saying is you were the only hippie in the midlands?

Comment

And so the roll continues I have $175 due in rakeback aswell. The eventual downfall will be sore.

Attached Files
                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

EV line please Enda

Comment

WW13 kicking off soon, sign up http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...d=1#post156179

Comment

I was at a wedding in Spain at the weekend. The ceremony took place in a small convent church, and there was an archway high behind the altar. You could see through the arch, but there were solid walls either side and a much higher floor level than the church. A couple of times, the photographer crept into the archway to take photographers and it reminded me striaght away of pedobear. Obviously I should have kept that to myself, but I did say it to a couple of people I thought might get it, but all I got was weird looks. Protestations of "it's funnier than it sounds" didn't help my case much.

Comment

50 billionth hand will be dealt on Stars in the next 10 minutes

Comment

...

Comment

what would be the best day 1 to play at the IPO? Day 1 or 2?

Comment

Bah had post done and deleted it - playing Sat anyway so dont have to take leave from work. I imagine foreign fish playing Fri and local fish playing Sat but could be way off there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                                      50 billionth hand will be dealt on Stars in the next 10 minutes
                                                                                                                      intresting to see if this will turn out anything like the ipoker fiasco

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

in your case......when your there on your own, its your best chance of progressing

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                          in your case......when your there on your own, its your best chance of progressing
                                                                                                                          id still spew chips to one of the dead stacks and then berrate them relentlessly

Ciaran you that has an idea which day has the worst players reg'd so far?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X