This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
    Do we want the IMF in? how can they make it worse?
    long-term they won't\can't make it any worse - in fact, given that they are unelected, they have the ability to force through necessary changes more than elected representatives

short-term, they will inflict an awful lot of PAIN (think Mr T voice there)

think:
    - SW benefits slashed dramatically (i.e. dole of less than €100 p/w)
    - another drastic round of cuts in PS salaries
    - huge restructuring of tax system (pretty much all reliefs will go)

etc etc
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

No truth' in market rumour, says Finance Dept
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hee Hee I uploaded that to one of my photo albums today, was near in tears laughing when I 1st saw it

Comment

well that's all right then

Comment

While I was looking at that, I came across this:

Just how much Uranium is there in them thar hills? I'm thinking Ireland's mining industry could do with a boost.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

[
              Originally posted by sligboi View Post
              Woman on Joe Duffy show now complaining that she gave her son the middle name Arthur when he was born on Arthurs Day last year and now they've changed it to a different day
              We are truly in the golden age of Irish stupidity and Joe is our leader.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                [
                We are truly in the golden age of Irish stupidity and Joe is our leader.
                only one thing for it imo

Comment

this is going to be the most loltastic request, but here goes, im heading over to the united and liverpool game and the guy who was supposed to have my ticket for me has let me down, anyone here know anybody with a spare ticket ??

Comment

An expensive garden...

Find Sites for Sale in Douglas, Cork. Search 5 Sites for sale on Daft.ie now.
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Hey all. Thanks again for the kind words. Glad the week is over, and have the ideal pick me up now - a week in Lanzerote. Got emailed this one this morning, probly already been put up here but how and ever

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                        An expensive garden...

www.daft.ie/1515588
                        0.05 Acre Site
                        €125,000

LOL
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          0.05 Acre Site
                          €125,000

LOL
                          Unless I'm mistaken that wouldn't be tiny for a city site, working out at something like 180^2M
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Unless I'm mistaken that wouldn't be tiny for a city site, working out at something like 180^2M
                            Douglas is not in Cork City
                            Scale wise its a suburb in a Lucan related to Grafton st sort of way imo

*the cork lads might say im wrong but i remember it being a decent hike from the city
                            Last edited by Guest; 17-09-10, 16:00. Reason: *

Comment

Edit #2

Sorted. Thanks
                              Last edited by sligoboi; 17-09-10, 16:50.
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

[QUOTE=KevIRL;153248]Hey all. Thanks again for the kind words. Glad the week is over, and have the ideal pick me up now - a week in Lanzerote. Got emailed this one this morning, probly already been put up here but how and ever

ahem!!! lanzarote

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

When I'm in the library, if I spend half as much time studying as I do wasting time on Facebook/IPB/other random shite, there is no doubt I'd be top of the class

I must have the worst work ethic of anyone I know! Talk about procrastinating!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                    Douglas is not in Cork City
                                    Scale wise its a suburb in a Lucan related to Grafton st sort of way imo

*the cork lads might say im wrong but i remember it being a decent hike from the city
                                    Id say you would walk to Douglas in under a half hour easily from the city
                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                      When I'm in the library, if I spend half as much time studying as I do wasting time on Facebook/IPB/other random shite, there is no doubt I'd be top of the class

Hi, I'm Sligboi. I only decided to go back to college yesterday and the term started on Monday. Starting this Monday
                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Shamrock lawn is about 2 1/2 miles from the city centre.

Comment

Hi, I'm Sligboi. I only decided to go back to college yesterday and the term started on Monday. Starting this Monday
                                          This is true:

Last year, I got an email from the college about a course in Helping to Stop Procrastinating. Said to myself 'I must go to that'.

By the time I got round to registering, the deadline was passed.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                            Id say you would walk to Douglas in under a half hour easily from the city
                                            Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                            Shamrock lawn is about 2 1/2 miles from the city centre.
                                            ya...well...ya...with Cork City centre being only a few streets wide
                                            30 mins walk is a fair stretch for them to have Cork City anywhere near the advert for the plot of land

Suburb me hole

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                              Just shipped the $5, 2 rebuys, 1 add on 25k guaranteed on stars for $5.4k.

I didn't win a tournie for an age, nice for it to be a decent score after the wait, nine hours well spent!

Fair play to eagle eye for staying up for the rail.

Last hand.

PokerStars Game #49735814027: Tournament #331010674, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XLVI (150000/300000) - 2010/09/17 6:17:03 WET [2010/09/17 1:17:03 ET]
                                              Table '331010674 26' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
                                              Seat 1: robbind57 (4028220 in chips)
                                              Seat 9: Diamondgeeza (13084280 in chips)
                                              robbind57: posts the ante 37500
                                              Diamondgeeza: posts the ante 37500
                                              robbind57: posts small blind 150000
                                              Diamondgeeza: posts big blind 300000
                                              *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                              Dealt to Diamondgeeza [6h 6s]
                                              robbind57: raises 3690720 to 3990720 and is all-in
                                              Diamondgeeza: calls 3690720
                                              *** FLOP *** [Qs 8c 8h]
                                              *** TURN *** [Qs 8c 8h] [7d]
                                              *** RIVER *** [Qs 8c 8h 7d] [6d]
                                              *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                              Diamondgeeza: shows [6h 6s] (a full house, Sixes full of Eights)
                                              robbind57: shows [3h Ad] (a pair of Eights)
                                              Diamondgeeza collected 8056440 from pot
                                              robbind57 finished the tournament in 2nd place and received $3935.87.
                                              Diamondgeeza wins the tournament and receives $5408.92 - congratulations!
                                              Nice one Danny. XLVI Level 46 ftw!

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                              Jaysus. I hope he's okay.
                                              Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              That's not good. I hope everything is ok. Let us know if everything's alright if you do get through, and pass on our best.
                                              He got home this afternoon. Turns out it was his kidneys and he has stints in them so taking it easy and in agony

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Nice one Danny. XLVI Level 46 ftw!
                                                Cheers Tony, it felt pretty good sitting with 10 million chips!
                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Cheers Tony, it felt pretty good sitting with 10 million chips!
                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

LOL, seen an add on TV3 for the new series of the Irish Apprentice. Bill Cullen was giving out to Flipper in the boardroom. Odds on he's first out IMO
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Oh go fuck yourself

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t5060)
                                                        BB (t4990)
                                                        Hero (UTG) (t5185)
                                                        UTG+1 (t4892.50)
                                                        MP1 (t5032)
                                                        MP2 (t4547.50)
                                                        MP3 (t5223)
                                                        CO (t5100)
                                                        Button (t4970)

Hero's M: 172.83

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, 9
                                                        Hero bets t80, UTG+1 raises t140, 7 folds, Hero calls t60

Flop: (t310) A, 2, 9 (2 players)
                                                        Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t310, Hero raises t677, UTG+1 raises t2031, Hero raises t4368 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t2411.50 (All-In)

Turn: (t9815) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t9815) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t9815

Results:
                                                        Hero had 9, 9 (three of a kind, nines).
                                                        UTG+1 had A, A (three of a kind, Aces).
                                                        Outcome: UTG+1 won t9815

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t5050)
                                                        Button (t4960)
                                                        Hero (SB) (t272.50)
                                                        BB (t9845)
                                                        UTG (t5032)
                                                        UTG+1 (t4547.50)
                                                        MP1 (t5223)
                                                        MP2 (t5100)
                                                        MP3 (t4970)

Hero's M: 6.06

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J
                                                        1 fold, UTG+1 bets t90, 1 fold, MP2 calls t90, 3 folds, Hero raises t257.50 (All-In), 1 fold, UTG+1 raises t4457.50 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t665) 4, J, 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t665) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t665) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t665

Results:
                                                        Hero had A, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                                                        UTG+1 had Q, K (straight, King high).
                                                        Outcome: UTG+1 won t665
                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                          LOL, seen an add on TV3 for the new series of the Irish Apprentice. Bill Cullen was giving out to Flipper in the boardroom. Odds on he's first out IMO
                                                          Watched the same ad and Flipper didn't appear it in once

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            Watched the same ad and Flipper didn't appear it in once
                                                            Maybe you saw a different one, was it directly after Corination street? He was talking directly to him and even addressed him by his name so pretty sure! And yes I watch Corination street!
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

You were in a library in September? You may not have done anything, but that's still pretty ghey.

Here is a self-help programme for help with procrastinating:
                                                              Self-help resources for procrastination, written by clinical psychologists at the Centre for Clinical Interventions in Perth, Western Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                Maybe you saw a different one, was it directly after Corination street? He was talking directly to him and even addressed him by his name so pretty sure! And yes I watch Corination street!
                                                                Corination? Cori nation? Cori-nation? Chlorination? Ahh, Coronation
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  You were in a library in September? You may not have done anything, but that's still pretty ghey.

Here is a self-help programme for help with procrastinating:
                                                                  http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/reso...cfm?Info_ID=50
                                                                  Is there a programme if you have trouble procrastinating the self help programme?
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

@hotspur, one of your recommendations [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-Yourself-Smoking-Kristina-Ivings/dp/1856266575/[/ame] arrived in the post this morning. If I read it over the next 2 days, might I be good to quit by Monday? Or should I just try stopping in the morning and read it over a few days?

I've taken the week off work to experiment with giving up the drink, at least for a while. It's been about 4 years since I last went without alcohol for 24 hours, and about 20 years since I've spent a few weeks off it. (Btw the drug Hitchhiker is trying would be a definite no-no for me)
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Was a bit windy apparently when the Pope visited Edinburgh

Comment

Jesus Christ , the cnuts that created that ipoker software must be some sadistic bastards.
                                                                        On the bubble of a 30 man s'n'g and im the btn with JcQd , its folded to me and i raise x3 and both blinds call .
                                                                        Flop comes 9dTdJd both blinds chk , i bet 1/2 pot and both call , the turn is a Q and the sb min bets then the bb min raises then i ship and both snap call .
                                                                        The sb has JsKd and the bb has JhAd, and the river brings the 2d.

Im getting really pissed off of this fkn shite.

Comment

Off to Sunderland in the morning for 1 night. No accommodation and no (reasonably priced) accommodation available. Probably going to be sleeping in Newcastle airport unless we can find somewhere when we get over there, Should be fun.

Also, There is rooms available in the travel lodge in Sunderland and it wont seem to accept any sort of credit card. Rang them up and they wont book it over the phone or hold the room so we can pay when we get there tomorrow morning. What a shower of cunts!!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                            Jesus Christ , the cnuts that created that ipoker software must be some sadistic bastards........
                                                                            Die ipoker must.

Comment

Jesus Christ , the cnuts that created that ipoker software must be some sadistic bastards.
                                                                              On the bubble of a 30 man s'n'g and im the btn with JcQd , its folded to me and i raise x3 and both blinds call .
                                                                              Flop comes 9dTdJd both blinds chk , i bet 1/2 pot and both call , the turn is a Q and the sb min bets then the bb min raises then i ship and both snap call .

Why did you ship?
                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

you were behind all the way

Comment

Why did you ship?
                                                                                  I think that kerry air is getting to ya .

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Die ipoker must.
                                                                                    nice touch
                                                                                    avoiding the copyright

or you could have used must i poker die, or i must die poker

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                      you were behind all the way
                                                                                      Hands up anyone thats folding top 2 and an OESFD

Comment

Dont think he said he was folding but calling is prob better. When u ship will be up against at least a K at worst.

Comment

Damo it's never a push on that board to the action.Unfortunate, but it is

Comment

againest a bet and a raise im folding as there s 4 to a straight there also you have one diamond so your draws probaly crushed too its not even a bad beat
                                                                                            what has the software got to do with questionable play?

Comment

just back from sitting my entry to medicine exams in London - Im shattered. need to use my yearly supply of one times on this one

Comment

I think that kerry air is getting to ya .
                                                                                                Haven't gone back yet

When you get called on the flop and the turn brings 4 to a straight as well as flopped flush possibilities we are never good here when the action goes bet - min raise. We are basically drawing to 2 queens, 2 jacks, 1 Kd and 1 8d. I don't think I'm ever drawing to a 6 outer with 1 card to come on the bubble of a sng.

Although depending on stack sizes I really don't like the play by the AJ
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

If there is significant betting on the turn I fold. Clearly beaten and likely drawing very thin. Sorry to disagree Damo.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Taken from here

Comment

Irish lassies about to kick off against Japan in the U17 quarter final.
                                                                                                      Eurosport2 and rte.ie.
                                                                                                      11/4 underdogs, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        @hotspur, one of your recommendations http://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-Yoursel...dp/1856266575/ arrived in the post this morning. If I read it over the next 2 days, might I be good to quit by Monday? Or should I just try stopping in the morning and read it over a few days?

I've taken the week off work to experiment with giving up the drink, at least for a while. It's been about 4 years since I last went without alcohol for 24 hours, and about 20 years since I've spent a few weeks off it. (Btw the drug Hitchhiker is trying would be a definite no-no for me)
                                                                                                        Hey, first off don't quit smoking and alcohol at the same time. Either is tough enough. Choose whichever you regard as most beneficial to give up atm. the drink might be a good idea, as if you quit smoking first and then go off the drink in a few weeks it might cause you to start smoking again. There's a reason why drug treatment places don't try to get their clients to quit smoking.

There is no doubt you could go through the book in a weekend. I would advise going through it carefully and doing the worksheets and sitting back and thinking about the material seriously in pieces rather than just reading through it. Especially the stuff on thinking errors.

I suggest waiting until you have finished the book before setting your quit date, or waiting until you get to chapter 12 anyway. No point in having waited this long only to jeopardise such a wonderful long-term change for the sake of a few hours.

And before you have your quit date make sure you can answer the questions:

Why am I really quitting - what is important to me in my life that smoking harms?

Do I know that I have the motivation, skills, and know-how to quit?

How will I avoid or cope with triggers which will remind me of smoking (e.g. are you going to sit in the same chair with the same mug of coffee in the morning which you used to smoke with or are you going to change your routine to break the associations)?

How will I respond to my specific thoughts if cravings come?

How will I respond to physical cravings if they come?

What techniques have I learnt and can use to relax and deal with anxiety where before I used cigarettes?

How will I respond to a lapse?

How can I avoid or well deal with high risk situations (internal or external) to prevent lapse and relapse?

Feel free whenever you decide to quit to pm me if you want advice about anything related to it or come answers to any of those questions. Arm yourself with skills and tools and the best of luck to you with it.

Comment

Ireland v Japan girls under 17 soccer on RTE website TV now.

Comment

Ireland 0-1 Japan (penalty) 33 mins

Comment

1-1 get in.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                When you get a 5000 word essay in the second week of college, what can you do??

Comment

Why are you watching girls play football lads.
                                                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Because they are representing Ireland in an international competition. Why wouldn't we support them on?

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                      Because they are representing Ireland in an international competition. Why wouldn't we support them on?

Danny wouldn't know anything about that.............

Comment

Irish right full O'Brien (Tramore) brutal for that 2nd Japan goal, never got goal side of her opponent

Comment

Im just very bored and am checking if any of them have potential to be hot.
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X