X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
    BBV advice needed:

Pulled by the guards this evening, checks tax, insurance, nct. everything fine. asks for my licence and i dont have it in the car, He takes my name, number, address and tells me i have to produce it in 10 days.
    Problem is im a provisional driver and i was in the car on my own with no l plates. Guarda never asked me anything about my licence and wasnt local.
    Whats my play from here?
    Tell them you know this guy!

Comment

When it rains it pours with the hospital visits!

My lads were out playing on the green with a couple of their friends earlier this evening.

My 8 year old takes a swing at a ball coming in with a hurley and squares it right into his 5 year old brothers forehead.

Cue panic from mum and dad but only a brief crying spell from Leo(my 5 year old). There's some blood and a bump the size of a golf ball on his forehead,but he doesn't really freak out until he gets into the hallway and catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror!

I ring our GP and he says just go straight to the hospital, five hours later and after all the usual worry, it's all good thankfully. Just concussion and a day off school tomorrow.

It's no wonder i'm going grey.

On the plus side I might have two county hurlers on my hands!
      Last edited by dannydiamond; 15-09-10, 23:50.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Guy I know that's head of FG is getting Enda and a bunch of others in for Clubs and Socs day; think they're having another leadership contest. I can't imagine that it's a good idea, if you're impressed by that you're the type that would sign up anyway. Also what does it say about them that they've nothing better than to hang around with students for day?

I'm going for a much more cynical campaign. Students are much more interested in a chance of a free iphone and sex and booze imo. Particularly as everyone is pretty polarized anyway and it's the undecideds you want. Checked around to see if there were any hot FFers but couldn't find any, but I do think I've the theme for the campaign.

SPOILER

Whether it's at the office:

Or having the craic

Who would you rather have?

Might even try and claim this one as ours, no one's gonna know and I doubt the other lads would try and dispute it!
        Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-09-10, 23:40.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
          ya, just produce it and if they ask anything about driving on my own, l plates etc do i just tell the truth?
          You have absolutely zero wiggle room here.

Produce your licence, tell the truth and hope for the best.
          Keep the licence in the car in future btw, you're much more likely to get away with a warning.

Your only other option as far as I can see is not bothering to turn up to the barracks, and explain yourself to a district court judge. Pretty easy choice I would have thought.

Edit: I just noticed someone suggesting you lie and bring in the guy that was supposedly with you. I guess it's a matter of opinion but personally I wouldn't fancy that at all.

If them cnuts catch you at that you're bolloxed.

I don't think you're getting any way near the pot odds for that tbh.
          Last edited by dannydiamond; 15-09-10, 23:56.

Comment

You're looking at doing about a year inside shano

Comment

some donks really leave me scratching my head!

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                They really shouldn't be tickling you. Bad form.

Comment

Goodnight lads.

I'll leave you with this, seems kinda appropriate for me at the moment.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPC8QJF6sI&ob=av3e[/ame]

Comment

So donks are nits?

Comment

Sorry if it's been posted but...

...What a goal tbf
                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

If they leave you scratching other parts then you really need to worry

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                          Sorry if it's been posted but...

...What a goal tbf
                          Meh!
                          If he was any good he would have used his left foot

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            You're looking at doing about a year inside shano
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mfXGemJryo"]Them big cons gonna be lovin Shano?[/ame]

Comment

Quick one before bed.

Mods/admins, regarding that lad gilligan black/richie and all the other various names he's had here and in the other place.

He has probably the best resource available to him in this forum for the jobs he's 'advertising' and unlikely to find the skillsets required by trawling through CVs.

This forum should be the equivalent to striking the jackpot to him, but he's an absolute idiot/is a fkin brutal recruitment agent/and or 'this is easy i'll start my own business' bloke.

I presume you guys are investigating him. He seems genuine in the sense that he is actually looking to recruit people but he doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

I'm only saying as I'd hate to see anyone here lead on.

Personally, even if I was in a position to take up on his 'opportunities' i'd be giving him a wide berth tbh.

He prob works directly for pocket kings, but the obvious deceit from him should be an obvious warning for anyone.

I'm just saying is all. That's the way it looks to me.
                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 16-09-10, 01:56.

Comment

jebus jebus jebus, horrible bastards!

Comment

At least they tried.
                                  Letters: The premise of Polly Toynbee's endless tirades against religion is that religious belief is, always and everywhere, invalidated by instances of abuse and sectional interest

Comment

So the Pope arrives in London, the paparazzi are everywhere and he has to make a quick dash to his hotel via the Pope-mobile, and speeds off to the his hotel, paparazzi in hot pursuit. When he finally gets there he is stressed and tells his aide he wants to relax and be with his prayers for the resto of the night.
                                    So, once alone, the pontiff does what all men do to relax, he has a papal wank. He lies on the bed and gets down to the one handed prayer, just as he releases the holy spirit he sees a flash!!! Peeping in the balcony window is one of the more eager photographers, who is now dancing around the place in joy, his timing was perfect, mini-popes in mid air.
                                    Pope:"My child, I have to ask you as a christian to delete that photo, my iamge and that of the church would be ruined"
                                    Photographer:"not a chance Popey, i'm on easy street the papers will pay thousands for this"
                                    Pope:"the vatican has lots of money my son, i'll buy the photo from you. hows 1 million euro sound"

The photographer agrees and the pope gets the camera. In the morning, the popes aide returns and sees the pope with his new camera.
                                    Aide:"That's a very nice camera holy father, how much did it cost"
                                    Not wishing to commit a sin by lying, the pope replies, "I bought it from a photographer for 1 million euro"
                                    Aide:"1 million!!!!! Jesus, he must of seen you coming"

Comment

Ughhh I'm after doing a Brian Cowen. Just starting at the screen for the past 30mins. Thankfully the boss is off, but I might have to do a presentation to his boss.
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Phantom Lord = Josef Goebbels for the 21st century

imo
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone else get Halo Reach and think it is a bit meh.

I mean it's still great just doesn't really improve on Halo3 enough. I like the addition of the loadout menu with the jet pack's, sheild's etc. It add's a new dynamic to it which will take some getting used to. Although the removel of the BR and replacing it with the DMR( I think it's called that) is a bit shity.

So, what do people think who got it?

Comment

Off to China, so long suckers!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              Off to China, so long suckers!
                                              dueh lo moh, chow-hi

useful phrase imo

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                dueh lo moh, chow-hi

useful phrase imo
                                                add a "wo bu dong" and you've got it sussed to be honest

Comment

dueh lo moh, chow-hi

useful phrase imo
                                                  Yep, eating while high is a very important thing to remember in China.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Yep, eating while high is a very important thing to remember in China.
                                                    one does tend to lead to the other

Comment

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                        Link for that please if you have it.

Stupid eyesight letting me down.
                                                        Last edited by MegaSin; 16-09-10, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                          Link for that please if you have it.

Stupid eyesight letting me down.
                                                          http://current.com/news/92602924_man...go-to-jail.htm
                                                          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

This is a member of the Tea Party a ultra-conservative section of the Republican party who have been gaining nominations in recent weeks in the US.

Interview:
                                                            Tea Party's newest star welcomes comparisons to Sarah Palin and claims she can secure 10-point lead over the Democrats

NSFW!!
                                                            SPOILER

Quote:
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA[/ame]
                                                            Last edited by Fuzzy Logic; 16-09-10, 10:51.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They can take my money, dignity, home and hope. But there will be blood if the every try to take away my right to wank.

Wankers Unite!
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Up the wankers!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                  This is a member of the Tea Party a ultra-conservative section of the Republican party who have been gaining nominations in recent weeks in the US.
                                                                  It's pretty good for the Democrats that these are getting votes atm. It's also a SFW clip.
                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

is it a sin if someone else does it for you?

Comment

They tuk our purrrrrrn

Comment

Only if a weapon is involved !
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post

Interview:
                                                                          Tea Party's newest star welcomes comparisons to Sarah Palin and claims she can secure 10-point lead over the Democrats

NSFW!!
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Total nutjobs in that tea party thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                            It's pretty good for the Democrats that these are getting votes atm. It's also a SFW clip.
                                                                            No Sinful Flagitious Wanking
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                              While it is a SFW clip, the fact that the word masturbation is in fairly big letters on the clip before you play it means that putting it is tags is fair enough imo.

Comment

Just laziness imo

Outsourcing is killing this wonderful little country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                  Just laziness imo

Outsourcing is killing this wonderful little country.
                                                                                  it creates employment

Comment

it creates employment
                                                                                    WWW.Wewankforyou.com .
                                                                                    We cum on demand.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj6fX9tTJuo&feature=fvst"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj6fX9tTJuo&feature=fvst[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                        WWW.Wewankforyou.com .
                                                                                        We cum on demand.
                                                                                        Damo that link isn't working.
                                                                                        Can you get it sorted?

SPOILER
                                                                                        AND BLOODY HURRY UP ABOUT IT!!!

Comment

What do our resident Physicists (at least those not on their way to China and Japan at the taxpayers expense) think of the idea of Thorium fission reactors for cheap clean energy.
                                                                                          I've been reading http://energyfromthorium.com/ and looking at this Google tech talk and it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHs2Ugxo7-8[/ame]
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                            Damo that link isn't working.
                                                                                            Can you get it sorted?

SPOILER
                                                                                            AND BLOODY HURRY UP ABOUT IT!!!
                                                                                            SRY im busy wanking

Comment

They have some neck in the Dept of Finance. Talk about pot calling the kettle black!

From Rte.ie:
                                                                                              The Department of Finance appears to have got some formal retaliation in against a scathing editorial carried by the Financial Times earlier in the week.

The newspaper had claimed that the Government was trying to bring Anglo Irish Bank 'Lazarus-like', back to life. It also claimed that some of the cost of Anglo should fall on the unsecured creditors and not the Irish taxpayer.

This morning the newspaper carries a short letter from Eoin Dorgan of the Department of Finance press office.

He writes that the editorial was not in accordance with the facts. He also points out that the Government intends to work out the Anglo loan book over time and that the Financial Times got its figures wrong when reporting on the balance sheet of the six domestically owned Irish banks.
                                                                                              You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

A distressing video to some.
                                                                                                Jeff Rann saved my life on a walking safari in Zambia in 1978 when an elephant charged.
                                                                                                He didn't shoot it, he hit it with a aluminium garden chair. Which was nice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m23rM2WYl8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m23rM2WYl8[/ame]

Comment

After the bang he got last night, my little fella looks like he's gone twelve rounds in the ring. Bruising all across his forehead and two black eyes.

I had him in tescos with me this morning, you should have seen the looks I was getting!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                    After the bang he got last night, my little fella looks like he's gone twelve rounds in the ring. Bruising all across his forehead and two black eyes.

I had him in tescos with me this morning, you should have seen the looks I was getting!
                                                                                                    Extra pocket money or he threatens to phone Childline seems to was to go if he has any sense.

Comment

If anyone has the link for the LCD Soundsystem pre-sale ticket page could they stick up the link or PM it please ? Thanks

Opr

Comment

Michael O Muircheartaigh is set to retire after the International Rules Series.

A sad sad day.
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          If anyone has the link for the LCD Soundsystem pre-sale ticket page could they stick up the link or PM it please ? Thanks

Opr
                                                                                                          PM too please.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                            Just concussion and a day off school tomorrow.

It's no wonder i'm going grey.

On the plus side I might have two county hurlers on my hands!
                                                                                                            That's just how he rolls.
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              Michael O Muircheartaigh is set to retire after the International Rules Series.

A sad sad day.
                                                                                                              By all accounts Cowen does a good impersonation of Michael and he could be out of a job by then.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                By all accounts Cowen does a good impersonation of Michael and he could be out of a job by then.
                                                                                                                can't smoke in Croker though

Comment

Downgraded my UPC broadband last week and am getting twice the speed at the moment.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

A few gems

Ó Muircheartaigh has become legendary in Ireland for his unique turns of phrase in the heat of the moment while commentating.

"1-5 to 0-8...well from Lapland to the Antarctic, that's level scores in any man's language".

"Pat Fox has it on his hurl and is motoring well now ... but here comes Joe Rabbitte hot on his tail ...... I've seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park!"

"He grabs the sliotar, he's on the 50......he's on the 40......he's on the 30....... he's on the ground."

"Seán Óg Ó hAilpín.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither one of them a hurling stronghold."

"Teddy McCarthy to John McCarthy, no relation, John McCarthy back to Teddy McCarthy, still no relation."

"Colin Corkery on the 45 lets go with the right boot. It's over the bar. This man shouldn't be playing football. He's made an almost Lazarus-like recovery from a heart condition. Lazarus was a great man but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery."

"In the first half they played with the wind. In the second half they played with the ball."

"Setanta Ó hAilpín....the original Setanta from the old Gaelic stories was ten foot tall, had ten fingers on each hand and ten toes on each foot but even he couldn't be playing better hurling than his namesake here today."

"... and Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, I'll tell ye a little story. I was in Times Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said 'I suppose you wouldn't have the Kerryman would you?' To which the Egyptian man behind the counter replied 'do you want the North Kerry edition or the South Kerry edition?'. He had both, so I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet..."

"Anthony Lynch, the Cork corner-back, would be the last person to let you down - his people are undertakers"

"Teddy looks at the ball, the ball looks at Teddy."

" Dublin have scored two points, one from the hand and one from the land."

"Pat Fox out to the forty and grabs the sliothar. I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal. The dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick. Fox to the 21 fires a shot, it goes to the left and wide… And the dog lost as well."

"I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them, the priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! 40 yards out on the Hogan Stand side of the field Ciarán Whelan goes on a rampage, it's a goal. So much for religion."

Comment

Pearl Brasserie

good or bad?

Need a pacifier for tonight
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        What do our resident Physicists (at least those not on their way to China and Japan at the taxpayers expense) think of the idea of Thorium fission reactors for cheap clean energy.
                                                                                                                        I've been reading http://energyfromthorium.com/ and looking at this Google tech talk and it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHs2Ugxo7-8
                                                                                                                        There's a comprehensive wiki article about them here:

Basically, it's slightly better than Uranium, but harder to engineer.

Pebble reactors seem to be the best bet at the moment for 100% safe and relatively clean nuclear energy. They're building one in China at the moment:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

One of the locals from "The Farm" (Monkstown for those not local) called into my office just before lunch. He explains to me that he's just come from Dun Laoghaire District Court, the judge having told him he needs to see a solicitor.

I politely enquire why he was in Court.

"Fer stealing a car", he says. "But it's a fi' up by the guards".

I ask what happened.

"I wuz in a public phone box in Watson's estate [Killiney] when I saw da motor sartin' to roll down da hill. 'Cause there was no-one init I was concern'd, like, that it would ram into sumwon. So I tells me mate on da blower to hol' on an' I ran real quick, managed to break da winda on da drivurs side 'n jump in. Jus den the pigs arrived n' lifted me. Der tryin' ta do me for knickin it. Can ya sort it for me?"

And where were you when they lifted you I asked.

"Tallaght".

True story!
                                                                                                                          One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X