This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlop View Post
    How can such a notionally laid back race be so uptight?
    Forty years of Fascism.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lady Ga Ga is an actual genius and she is completely not who you think she is Danny.

Comment

Probably a throw-back to Franco

Comment

What does 'redic' mean? I'm at a complete loss. Seems like a lot of people are saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
            I only listen to her because she writes great pop tunes!
            I have to strongly disagree with you there

Comment

Strewelpeter is an excellent poster imo

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Lady Ga Ga is an actual genius and she is completely not who you think she is Danny.
                I would like to hear this.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Is it not just a team of PR people, image consultants and media whores that pull all the strings there?

I know Avril Lavigne was initially signed as a classical singer but the record company went 'rock her up plz'. All that skater boy shite was just branding.
                  I know a few people from her home town that might not 100% agree with you there.
                  Although she wasnt the punk rock kid she portrayed she did hang out with a load of skaters
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                    What does 'redic' mean? I'm at a complete loss. Seems like a lot of people are saying it.
                    Ridiculous.

Comment

Forty years of Fascism.
                      Probably a throw-back to Franco
                      Good shout, especially as I'm in Madrid.

Comment

Right I'm into my Zombie stuff and bored waiting for the next episode of Walking Dead.

Is World War Z worth a read?
                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

She is shit by choice because she is aiming at the shit end of the scale

one of the few singers who puts her voice through a Vocoder to make it sound worse

Proper Jazz singer when the mood takes her
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5jmbPvPwU[/ame]

Her music is still shit though
                          Last edited by Guest; 14-09-10, 16:08.

Comment

The very fact that people here are talking about Lady Ga Ga means she is "working" as a brand , dunno who's responsible for it and I don't like it but it definitely makes munzos.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              I know a few people from her home town that might not 100% agree with you there.
                              Although she wasnt the punk rock kid she portrayed she did hang out with a load of skaters
                              Yeah I went hunting around after I posted that. May have been something of an urban legend. Still, I was never one to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                Off to Shanghai on Thursday for a weekend's madness, possibly featuring Ian Mc. On to Tokyo then on Tuesday morning, where I don't know anyone. Had a look at the map of the subway system there and got scared pretty quickly. I can barely locate where I need to go, never mind how to get there. Should be a fun trip anyhow.
                                Enjoy Shanghai - it is a cool place to visit, a city of truly epic proportions (the Maglev from the airport to the city is the fastest train in the world!), and somewhere that makes little concession to those who only speak English, so have your Chinese phrasebook handy. The most important phrase by far you need while there: 'Bu Yao!', which means 'Don't want', as you'll be harassed from sun-up to sun-down by locals trying to make their day's wages by selling you some counterfit rubbish.

Comment

The very fact that people here are talking about Lady Ga Ga means she is "working" as a brand . I don't know who's responsible for it and I pretty much despise her but it definitely makes munzos.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                    The very fact that people here are talking about Lady Ga Ga means she is "working" as a brand , dunno who's responsible for it and I don't like it but it definitely makes munzos.
                                    Yeah i dont think anyone is disputing this, she must be raking it in. Looking like a transvestite and making bad music seems to be the way forward in the music biz

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Double post with corrections. How cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                          I have to strongly disagree with you there
                                          You might not be a fan but I don't think there's much disputing it tbf!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDx3H_hvI8[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9A2OTZr0o[/ame]

Ga ga's best performance imo.

Comment

The very fact that people here are talking about Lady Ga Ga means she is "working" as a brand . I don't know who's responsible for it and I pretty much despise her but it definitely makes munzos.
                                                OOOOOOHHHHH I only ever talk about her to point out she is more Westlife than Boyzone

SPOILER
                                                Shit by choice rather than by mere fact of existing

Comment

You might not be a fan but I don't think there's much disputing it tbf!
                                                  I'm disputing it

I have a major problem with stuff that Lady Gaga or say Black Eyed Peas produce over the last couple of years. I don't think they make songs at all, they make some sort of musical noise and put in lyrics that are generally rubbish. I have more of a problem with BEP really as they used to be a really good group back yonder. Not that they'll mind counting their millions.

I think i shall stop harping on about this as i am not making much sense

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

Her music is still shit though
                                                    I agree and I think most people are missing the point about her, what she is doing is not very much about music, I don't think she is really driven by it except as a way to allow her do her Fashion as Art thing.

Comment

Her she is before the big transformation to what she is now looking like your average American girl.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RwIDdfwebc[/ame]

Comment

I agree and I think most people are missing the point about her, what she is doing is not very much about music, I don't think she is really driven by it except as a way to allow her do her Fashion as Art thing.
                                                        Aah ya, music is merely an instrument to be used to get into the media and pay the bills

much like 80% of current big name American Comedians are only using comedy to get into Hollywood/TV

well much like the comedians except even further up her own arse than they are

Comment

I would get the "fashion is art" if your Damien Hirst but not some pop star.

Comment

Black Eyed Peas were cool once upon a time

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYcRVE4WSA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                              By far and away the worst thing about moving to Spain is the bureaucracy.

From what I can gather, to get a job you need an insurance number, which you can only get if you have a job. Throw in a few obligatory visits to various police stations to get random things stamped and it is a real pain in the balls.

How can such a notionally laid back race be so uptight?
                                                              Get yourself to a "Abogado" (solicitor) and ask them about it. When me and my brother were thinking about buying a Pub in Costa Del Sol a few years ago we had massive problems trying to get one of those insurance numbers, we asked our Abogado about it and he sent one of his employees down with us and we had it in a couple of hours. As with all things in Spain there's ways around the red tape. I think we just had to say we were buying a house or something, (they obv. never check anything, the country is so corrupt it's unnatural!!)

Comment

Black Eyed Peas were cool once upon a time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYcRVE4WSA
                                                                Quite a good hip hop group back in the day. Prior to Fergie joining. Fairly revoloutionary kind of feel to their music/lyrics. Must check HD when i get home for some old school BEP.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                  I would get the "fashion is art" if your Damien Hirst but not some pop star.
                                                                  IMO she is a far superior artist to that fraud Hirst.
                                                                  But then that applies to most fashion designers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    meh, it's not like it's a real ministry. It's just a makey-uppy junior ministry that Bertie invented to give jobs to the boys.

anyway, anything that underlines the cretinous nature of our leaders is all good in my book imo
                                                                    OUR LEADERS

Brian Cowan - Solicitor
                                                                    Mary Coughlan - Social Worker
                                                                    Brian Lenihan- Lawyer / Senior Counsel
                                                                    Mary Harney - Teacher, Secondary School
                                                                    Noel Dempsey - Teacher, Careers Guidance
                                                                    Dermot Ahern - Solicitor
                                                                    Micheal Marton - Teacher, Secondary School
                                                                    Martin Cullen - Sales Manager, Wine Company
                                                                    Eamon O Cuiv - Gaeltacht Co-op Manager
                                                                    Mary Hanafin - Teacher, Secondary School
                                                                    John Gormley - European Language Academy
                                                                    Eamonn Ryan - Tour Operator, cycling safaris
                                                                    Brendan Smith - Special Advisor to Tanaiste
                                                                    Barr O’Keeffe - Southern Health Board Chairman

One of these was in my Leaving Cert class.

Comment

Please explain, as I said awhile back you might of missed it, I would like to hear your opinions on it.

Comment

Lol Devilfish just bust out of WSOPE Event #1 wit 77 v ak. Flop: J75(All the money goes in.) Turn: Q Riverrumroll Please............ Ten Ball!! He has to be the most unlucky player on earth.
                                                                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Her she is before the big transformation to what she is now looking like your average American girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RwIDdfwebc
                                                                          what would you expect her to look like before she got famous?

Comment

On SKY News

Lincolnshire council express concern that family allows seven year old daughter to walk 20 yards to bus stop, and also she was not wearing a sweater.

WTF

I think the mother should buy a SUV for that dangerous journey.

Comment

Ah no, she is nearly as big a clown as him imo
                                                                              She is part of the same circus

All fashion is selling crap to those who lack confidence while wearing a simple black suit yourself

all high fashion is aimed at 30-50 spoilt rather ugly wives of bored millionaires

but im not the target of her music or her "artistic" displays so...meh

Comment

what would you expect her to look like before she got famous?
                                                                                The whole put together weird dress sense is contrived and she tries to make out like she has always been that way.

Comment

The whole put together weird dress sense is contrived and she tries to make out like she has always been that way.

I don't ever remember her claiming she had a meat uniform for school.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                    On SKY News

Lincolnshire council express concern that family allows seven year old daughter to walk 20 yards to bus stop, and also she was not wearing a sweater.

WTF

I think the mother should buy a SUV for that dangerous journey.
                                                                                    some safety officer

I remember reading that it has been shown through studies that people who got dropped off at school are twice as likely to be knocked down during their lifetime than people who walked to school
                                                                                    To do with learning smart habits early

neither is that likely btw

20 yards, to a bus without a sweater?
                                                                                    shocking!!!

England is fucked
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 14-09-10, 17:07. Reason: blah blah blah :)

Comment

Lady Gaga is fuckin class IMO.

People just like to think they're too cool to listen to her.

Comment

Proposition A: Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations are not real jobs.

Proposition B: Lady Gaga is a talented artist who produces interesting music.

Irrespective of the veracity of Proposition B I think we have now established that Proposition A is false.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Proposition A: Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations are not real jobs.

Proposition B: Lady Gaga is a talented artist who produces interesting music.

Irrespective of the veracity of Proposition B I think we have now established that Proposition A is false.
                                                                                          Quality!

Btw change that profile pic
                                                                                          its affecting you

Comment

This premier's on Sunday night

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMk8_QwX0hE[/ame]

And this the following Sunday is back

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHSLZTCHUzY[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              because HR isn't a real job?

other examples of non-real jobs:
                                                                                              • Marketing
                                                                                              • PR
                                                                                              • Life coaching
                                                                                              • Health and safety
                                                                                              • FF Taoisigh
                                                                                              +1

Some more
                                                                                              Scientists(99% of them are a waste of space that dont discover shit. But it could be worth it for the 1%)
                                                                                              Historians
                                                                                              Archealogists

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                Right I'm into my Zombie stuff and bored waiting for the next episode of Walking Dead.

Is World War Z worth a read?
                                                                                                Yes.
                                                                                                However, it isnt really a novel, more a collection of survivor stories, there are some related threads throughout as well.
                                                                                                Zombie survial guide is good toilet reading too.

Day by Day by JL Bourne is a more traditional novel. Started out as a blog if I recall correctly
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  Historians
                                                                                                  Archealogists
                                                                                                  Aww, if I hadn't worked in Sales, Marketing and PR since college I'm fairly certain I'd be either of the two above! History is awesome, I did my masters safe in the knowledge it had no practical value in the cut-throat world of business.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                    Aww, if I hadn't worked in Sales, Marketing and PR since college I'm fairly certain I'd be either of the two above! History is awesome, I did my masters safe in the knowledge it had no practical value in the cut-throat world of business.
                                                                                                    Id take any of them in an instant for the same reasons!. Only problem is the tests, the bastards.

Comment

Lady gaga is the first popSTAR in about 10 years. Utterly magnificent, and incredibly talented. I have huge respect for her. she's the whole package
                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Who is in for the IPB Mixed game on Sat - thread here?
                                                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

No idea if this is actually true, but I just came across this. Irrelevant, but somewhat ironic if true.

================================================== ======

Imagine you have a little robot that holds a pencil. Set it down on a sheet of paper and give it these instructions:
                                                                                                          1. Move forward 3 units and turn right.
                                                                                                          2. Move forward 1 unit and turn right.
                                                                                                          3. Move forward 2 units and turn left.
                                                                                                          4. Move forward 1 unit and turn left.
                                                                                                          5. Move forward 2 units and turn right.
                                                                                                          6. Repeat.

If the robot makes its turns at 90° angles, it will produce this figure:

But, remarkably, if it turns at 120° it will draw this:

Comment

Meh Jay-Z's hustler drug dealing image is probably contrived too but that's not a big deal.

You might not approve of her methods but she's basically taken herself from the average girl in that video to an artist that has sold over 12m copies of her debut album and is talked about non-stop all of the back of her own talent and endeavor. I don't think that's the work of someone that's a retard!

Comment

Last silly post of the day. This made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                *

Comment

Meh Jay-Z's hustler drug dealing image is probably contrived too but that's not a big deal.

You might not approve of her methods but she's basically taken herself from the average girl in that video to an artist that has sold over 12m copies of her debut album and is talked about non-stop all of the back of her own talent and endeavor. I don't think that's the work of someone that's a retard!
                                                                                                                  I'm sure there are acts out there are totally contrived that I do like but I just don't like her.

There is no doubting what she has done and has a market and been successful, as I have said its all been imo, I just don't like it.

Comment

Some errors in that article. In the 1980s the company was called Irish Linen Services Ltd. It was bought by Initial Services in 1988 (?) who later sold it to Spring Grove.

Comment

Last chance for the CL prediction comp, kick off in half an hour!
                                                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Looking at booking a flight to the US - anyone any experience with these airlines, anyone particularly good/bad?

Delta
                                                                                                                        US Airways
                                                                                                                        Continental
                                                                                                                        United Airlines

Comment

I know Rangers are shite, but wtf, 10 changes from Saturday. No Vidic, Scholes, Van der Sar etcetcetecetceecetejttjctrtlyi nmn

Man Utd v Rangers line-ups
                                                                                                                          Man Utd: Kuszczak, Brown, Ferdinand, Smalling, Fabio Da Silva, Valencia, Fletcher, Gibson, Park, Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Van der Sar, Owen, Anderson, Giggs, O'Shea, Jonathan Evans, Macheda.
                                                                                                                          Rangers: McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Naismith, Miller. Subs: Alexander, Lafferty, Foster, Beattie, Weiss, Little, Hutton.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X