Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    FF do a super drawn every year.

IS he not lying though? Do elected indos not get a ton of money?
    Once you get x amount of votes your expenses are covered i think.

Comment

Ticket Number 464 is the one shown.

At €25 a ticket and with €2K in the pot, he is making money by ticket sale 81 (plus maybe another one or two for printing costs).

Nice margin.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

At €25 a ticket and with €2K in the pot, he is making money by ticket sale 81 (plus maybe another one or two for printing costs).

Nice margin.
        I can promise you the printing won't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          I can promise you the printing won't be cheap.
          0% chance that you're getting paid for that, it will be assumed by MRH to be campaign contribution in lieu, Cute Kerry Hoors
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            0% chance that you're getting paid for that, it will be assumed by MRH to be campaign contribution in lieu, Cute Kerry Hoors
            He'll probably be looking for a few spare ballot papers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Speaking of old photos. Check out this one of Dominics shops in Old Bawn in the 80s.

Sweet jaysis. Looks like the Israelis are about to lash a rocket at them.

Great shop
              Sold everything except ur sole

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                Netflix really do true crime amazingly. New Aaron Hernandez documentary is captivating viewing.
                Very true. It was a great watch.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  In the US recently at an NBA game, in a very red state. They play the national anthem at the start of the game and all stand, most with chest out and hand on heart, while some guest young wan stood in center court and belted it out like it was the happiest day of her life. Looked at the wife an kids and we begrudgingly stand up, mostly out of fear of being accosted by some jar head. Young fella whispers to me "shall we take a knee".

Half time comes around and we are enjoying the shenanigans with the cheerleaders high kicking and mascot firing off the tee-shirt cannon. Then the big screens focus on this one in full desert compact gear. "Can you all rise and show you appreciation for of service person of the day, Staff Sargent Jane Bloggs". Dafuq was I standing or clapping for that shit.
                  Sporting events are recruitment for the US military, they pay to have the national anthem played etc.

They actually spend millions a year on "paid patriotism".

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Nice margin.
                    that's probably his personal bank account number on there also!!!

Comment

Surprised how weak Fianna Gael are trading since Leo announced the election. Surely their analysts would have advised this prompt election for a reason?

Have they upset their core base of voters too much? Will lose a proportion of their younger vote but presumably not to FF so limited damage there.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        Sporting events are recruitment for the US military, they pay to have the national anthem played etc.

They actually spend millions a year on "paid patriotism".
                        I watch dozens of NBA games every year and tbf I think they appear to be the most inoculated of the major US sports from overt displays of patriotism. It seems to me to be the most liberal of the Major US sports and given it's the most global of the major American sports it tends to pay homage regularly to Latin America, Asia, Africa and European fans/players.

Kapernick got all the plaudits for kneeling given he was standing up to the whitest patriarchy of all but the NBA has been driving player empowerment for a long time, both via the players independently and the NBA itself. LeBron and a number of others won an espy award in 2016 prior to Kapernick kneeling for his and others efforts to raise awareness of gun violence.

The big name players are given far more free reign as they are the most profitable commodities in US sport given the merchandise and have slowly become relatively influential over time. LeBron will join Jordan as a billionaire in the not too distance future.

It's a model all the US sports should be following but it's never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Surprised how weak Fianna Gael are trading since Leo announced the election. Surely their analysts would have advised this prompt election for a reason?

Have they upset their core base of voters too much? Will lose a proportion of their younger vote but presumably not to FF so limited damage there.
                          Election will probably boil down to hinging on a tweet someone sent 9 years ago slagging someones granny's homemade rhubarb tart.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Jaysis. A poster of Eoghan Murphy was put up on a pole yesterday at the exact spot where the JCB injured that homeless fella.

Fuck me the optics of that.
                            You'd think FG were driving the tractor in a kill the poor purge the way social media is treating this.

By pure noise alone, you'd think that FG are about to be absolutely decimated.

Pretty spectacular misstep by RTE only having the FF/FG in the leaders debate.
                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 16-01-20, 17:21.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              You'd think FG were driving the tractor in a kill the poor purge the way social media is treating this.

By pure noise alone, you'd think that FG are about to be absolutely decimated.

Pretty spectacular misstep by RTE only having the FF/FG in the leaders debate.
                              Social media a poor judge though. Those creating the noise were not fg voters to begin with.
                              airport, lol

Comment

The reason it's taken off is because Varadkar tried to be clever and drag the mayor of Dublin into it, Fiach Kelly from the Irish Times then correctly accused him trying to make political capital out of it to help Noel Rock who is one of his mates. At least, that's all I've been hearing about it today.

Comment

The reason it's taken off is because Varadkar tried to be clever and drag the mayor of Dublin into it, Fiach Kelly from the Irish Times then correctly accused him trying to make political capital out of it to help Noel Rock who is one of his mates. At least, that's all I've been hearing about it today.
                                  I don't think I agree with that. Sure, almost instantly yesterday it was a being used as a stick to beat FG with by all comers. It's a DCC/Irish Waterways issue.

What rankles me most is even if there was no-one in it, bulldozing a lot of homeless peoples tents is a cunts trick
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Got sent the pics and video of what is apparently that young lads body. Didnt realise what it was when I opened it but tis fucking grim stuff.

It got deleted obvs before some sick cunt asks for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      Got sent the pics and video of what is apparently that young lads body. Didnt realise what it was when I opened it but tis fucking grim stuff.

It is not of him as per RTE.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        Any tickets going for Michael Healy Raes raffle dobby?
                                        ]
                                        Probably one or 2 knocking around at home that I could probably get before the parents chuck them in the bin if you want.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              I don't think I agree with that. Sure, almost instantly yesterday it was a being used as a stick to beat FG with by all comers. It's a DCC/Irish Waterways issue.

What rankles me most is even if there was no-one in it, bulldozing a lot of homeless peoples tents is a cunts trick
                                              Waterford Whispers called it

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                It is not of him as per RTE.
                                                Still grim as fuck to see that shite

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Apparently that Parnas fixer has got audio of Giuliani....and Trump.

And has handed them over to Schiff.

Might have to use up my one time for a smoking gun here. Although the way things are, the GOP Senators will just shrug.
                                                  He's all over the media now, implicates everyone - Giuliani, Pence, Barr and the big boy himself.

Surprise, surprise no response from GOP Senators.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                    I watch dozens of NBA games every year and tbf I think they appear to be the most inoculated of the major US sports from overt displays of patriotism. It seems to me to be the most liberal of the Major US sports and given it's the most global of the major American sports it tends to pay homage regularly to Latin America, Asia, Africa and European fans/players.

Kapernick got all the plaudits for kneeling given he was standing up to the whitest patriarchy of all but the NBA has been driving player empowerment for a long time, both via the players independently and the NBA itself. LeBron and a number of others won an espy award in 2016 prior to Kapernick kneeling for his and others efforts to raise awareness of gun violence.

The big name players are given far more free reign as they are the most profitable commodities in US sport given the merchandise and have slowly become relatively influential over time. LeBron will join Jordan as a billionaire in the not too distance future.

It's a model all the US sports should be following but it's never going to happen.
                                                    Surely because its primarily played by black athletes? The audience isn't really the good ol' boys who watch football, or baseball.

Comment

Surely because its primarily played by black athletes? The audience isn't really the good ol' boys who watch football, or baseball.
                                                      I'd guess both NBA and NFL are close when it comes to black players being the majority, but as you pointed out football has a very large following from the southern states/white people so they're slightly more liberal towards black people but just don't mention China! The NBA is just as liberal as all other major sports. If it affects viewership or income, don't even think about. It doesn't, have at it.
                                                      Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 16-01-20, 20:02.

Comment

I can see myself spending the afternoon reading arguments about whether or not Pearse was a paedophile now.

Anyone have any recommendations for good books about that period in Ireland actually? I don't have much better than a table quiz level knowledge of the facts and dates and things.
                                                        I'm reading this at the moment - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fatal-Path-.../dp/0571297404

Can't really stick to it, but that's due to life as opposed to the book. But my Da rated it massively. Dealing with the political circumstances that ultimately left an "Irish Free State" an inevitability.

Comment

Cum-ex – this is the name German media have given to this scam. Internationally the different variants of these trades are known as dividend arbitrage.

Cum-ex and its variant cum-cum were highly complex share deals with no economic purpose other than to receive tax ‘reimbursements’ from the state – but for tax that had never in fact been paid.

38 journalists have followed the traces that cum-ex, cum-cum and similar trades have left across Europe.
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-01-20, 20:42.

Comment

Indeed he will, after defending china right? Gonna get that space jam 2 money in 2021.
                                                            /r/nba went to town on him a few months ago

Re the military, they probably just spend where they know it will do the most impact all right, which may not be NBA. Although they still are paid for things like the anthem and so on I imagine. Just wouldn't perhaps have that paid vet spot that wombat saw.
                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-01-20, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              Indeed he will, after defending china right? Gonna get that space jam 2 money in 2021.
                                                              /r/nba went to town on him a few months ago

Re the military, they probably just spend where they know it will do the most impact all right, which may not be NBA. Although they still are paid for things like the anthem and so on I imagine. Just wouldn't perhaps have that paid vet spot that wombat saw.
                                                              He certainly knows where there is money to be made.
                                                              LeBron and I'm guessing Blake Griffin will be involved in Space Jam 2. Griffin does stand up and he has lots of acting experience so I'd say he'll get the nod plus he fits the profile as a high flying athlete. LeBron purely made the move to LA because it's the market to grow his brand further irrespective of winning. Jordan is a billionaire as a result of his ownership of the Charlotte Hornets, LeBron might be one from everything else.

I was surprised with Morey making the comments LeBron was referring to because the Rockets have a massive fanbase in China after Yao Ming spent his career there.
                                                              He was comfortably the biggest -pun intended- sports star in China for almost a decade. Morey is an excellent GM, innovator on the analytics front with plenty of involvement in the Sloan conference but I think in light of the lost revenue in that market, the owner could have been forgiven for firing him.

Comment

7 day old grandniece having a bit of brain surgery in the morning. Inserting a shunt to drain fluid from the brain. Hopefully the staff in Temple St are in better condition than the building One time, and all that.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Why are your friends sharing that on facebook or whatever platform you are getting that on?

If I was getting that kind of crap, I would unsubscribe... No interest in getting that kind of material, and if someone wanted to share that, I would tell him to fuck off with that shite.
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                    Why are your friends sharing that on facebook or whatever platform you are getting that on?

If I was getting that kind of crap, I would unsubscribe... No interest in getting that kind of material, and if someone wanted to share that, I would tell him to fuck off with that shite.
                                                                    Was a donkey in work. Not a friend, hes in his 40s ffs . Always seems to be aul lads sending that stuff. It was on WhatsApp I've no interest in it myself obviously. He thought it was gas

Comment

I am sure it’s in a few of my lesser checked and perm muted WhatsApp groups.

Really don’t get why people share this sort of stuff.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            I kinda get the guy here. Its the type of ever-so-slightly well-meaning racism that comes from ignorance (not least the bizarre lack of knowledge that a kid also as a grandparent through their mother's side!). As in its all completely and utterly wrong but I kinda feel it started in his head as something acceptable - just the way he is saying it - before coming out the way it did.
                                                                            I could be totally wrong here but I've always been of the opinion that the Michael Collins that I've read about and been thought about would have long since put Leo and his cohorts up against a wall and riddled them with bullets (and I know he wasn't supposed to have been a big fan of riddling).

Comment

I seen it earlier, gruesome stuff. We had 40 years of conflict in this country and 800 years of terror and oppression before that and its doubtful that anyone has met such a terrifying end. However this evening when I was eating my dinner I was also listening to a podcast of the morning phone-in show on LMFM where the presenter went on a rant and described some of the other footage that he had seen and I genuinely threw up. I think every kid of a certain age should be asked to listen to exerts from that show to illustrate to them how fucking futile that path in life is.

Comment

I kinda get the guy here. Its the type of ever-so-slightly well-meaning racism that comes from ignorance (not least the bizarre lack of knowledge that a kid also as a grandparent through their mother's side!). As in its all completely and utterly wrong but I kinda feel it started in his head as something acceptable - just the way he is saying it - before coming out the way it did.

I think you should express this opinion on twitter Hitch, im sure it would go down well

Comment

I'd be pretty confident in believing that Varadker has a better grasp of the nuances of Irish history than Holohan and his da.

Complete and utter tripe, he has apologised but I'm sure it unfortunately hasn't hurt his chances of gaining a seat.

Comment

I'd be pretty confident in believing that Varadker has a better grasp of the nuances of Irish history than Holohan and his da.

Complete and utter tripe, he has apologised but I'm sure it unfortunately hasn't hurt his chances of gaining a seat.
                                                                                    He didnt apologise he said everyone took him wrong.

Id say its closer to increasing his chances of a seat
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Was a donkey in work. Not a friend, hes in his 40s ffs . Always seems to be aul lads sending that stuff. It was on WhatsApp I've no interest in it myself obviously. He thought it was gas
                                                                                      Less of the 'aul lad' stuff ffs!

Comment

He didnt apologise he said everyone took him wrong.

I just saw the tweet and "Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald, meanwhile, told reporters this afternoon: “These were Paddy’s remarks and he has apologised.” She said the party had insisted on an apology."

That seems like an apology to me albeit a forced one. I agree though, it won't hurt his chances.

Comment

I just saw the tweet and "Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald, meanwhile, told reporters this afternoon: “These were Paddy’s remarks and he has apologised.” She said the party had insisted on an apology."

That seems like an apology to me albeit a forced one. I agree though, it won't hurt his chances.
                                                                                          Damn internet, i only saw the last two paragraphs cropped!
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

return train from Montpellier-Brussels has been cancelled by ze frogz on Monday

I hold shraaaaaaap personally accountable for this minor inconvenience (that was the awesome train that goes around Paris and requires 0 changes, now we're going to have to change through Paris which is a pain in the bollix at the best of times when these wankers aren't striking, which is rarely ).
                                                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 17-01-20, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                              I could be totally wrong here but I've always been of the opinion that the Michael Collins that I've read about and been thought about would have long since put Leo and his cohorts up against a wall and riddled them with bullets (and I know he wasn't supposed to have been a big fan of riddling).
                                                                                              why?

Comment

OK.

So 'not a racist, just a moron'.

Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  Less of the 'aul lad' stuff ffs!
                                                                                                  Lol. Fair enough. Poor wording on my part. Old enough to know better then

Comment

Is he intending on running? Haven't seen anything.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

@hitch

screeners galore out today

1917
                                                                                                      a hidden life
                                                                                                      richard jewell
                                                                                                      dark waters
                                                                                                      queen & slim

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

OK.

So 'not a racist, just a moron'.

Cool.
                                                                                                              Here is what he said:

"It bugs me to death that this person leads this country, he's separated not just from society now but so separated from the history of this country..."
                                                                                                              Insert obligatory I'm not a racist but ...
                                                                                                              "...Leo Varadkar's blood runs to India, his great grandfather is not part of the history of this country, OK Leo's a citizen of this country but his passion doesn't go back to the time that my passion goes back to..."

We know he's a moron that was already clear but that whatever way you mix it up is plain and simple everyday racism. There is no room whatsoever to mistake it for anything else.

Sinn Fein / IRA believe in their heart and souls that this should be an Irish country for Irish people, obviously they are a Nationalist party, but the truth is that for them only Irish people who didn't take the soup during the famine or didn't have a great great great granduncle in the RIC or DMP need apply.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Your last para is bollox and makes you look as much of a fool as Holohan

Comment

There was a reason I posted it here! More an inkling of a thought than a well-formed opinion - something which all 30k of my posts on twitter have been.
                                                                                                                  yes,probably wise, im not sure you would receive the balanced and measured response on the twitter that you get here.A good filtering system for you to gauge your ideas before unleashing them on the wider world.

Comment

sweet, thanks shraaaap. Never mind the bold raoul and his comments about your lovely trains. They'll go when they're damn well ready.
                                                                                                                    amazing trains...when they run

don't forget to watch also:

parasite
                                                                                                                    uncut gems
                                                                                                                    portrait of a lady on fire

Comment

I could actually buy him being thick and arrogant enough to think there was some deep and secret insight in what he was saying without the notion of being a racist ever crossing his mind. What comes across from his obnoxious statement is that he believes not seeing himself as a racist means it's not possible for him to be one. In fairness, this is the sort of gobdaw that would probably see 'blood and soil' written somewhere and think it was a class slogan.

As someone who doesn't have this visceral revulsion to Sinn Fein that others do I think they lose a huge amount of credibility for their pathetic response to this. It's not quite as mind-boggling as the Fine Gael and Verona Murphy tragedy (yet), but it's damn close and may end up worse.

EDIT: Just to be clear, he's 100% a racist whether he thinks he is or not, and a fucking fool along with it.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Keane; 17-01-20, 10:29.

Comment

A homophobe as well actually.

Comment

I could actually buy him being thick and arrogant enough to think there was some deep and secret insight in what he was saying without the notion of being a racist ever crossing his mind. What comes across from his obnoxious statement is that he believes not seeing himself as a racist means it's not possible for him to be one. In fairness, this is the sort of gobdaw that would probably see 'blood and soil' written somewhere and think it was a class slogan.

As someone who doesn't have this visceral revulsion to Sinn Fein that others do I think they lose a huge amount of credibility for their pathetic response to this. It's not quite as mind-boggling as the Fine Gael and Verona Murphy tragedy (yet), but it's damn close and may end up worse.

EDIT: Just to be clear, he's 100% a racist whether he thinks he is or not, and a fucking fool along with it.
                                                                                                                          I think it takes a certain level of education to even entertain the idea/difference between thinking you’re a fascist and being aware of unconscious bias. Plenty people who are actually racist have no idea that they are, because they’re friendly with one black mate or something similar.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X