Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing the Palestine flags deffo wasnt gay

Comment

Fucking paddy's paying top 4. I thought it was top 5 fml
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        It was the delivery though.
        No one will ever care or remember that performance
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Game 1 seems to be CHDad by a nose from GAB, RD3 and bohsman.
            RD3 had the golden UK ticket but his Dansh wingman let him down.

Comment

Depends on how you define gay people!

And people think other peoples is better at internets than me

Comment

Game 2 seems to be Solks in a photo from Dimoxinil and Dice who both got scores which would have won the other game.
                UK again let down by their partner.

Comment

Trip report : jbravado
                  Good news the lad is fine. We met up on Friday in the Gin Palace and had a good chat for an hour and a half . He's going to bink the wsop in Vegas before heading down to the Buddhist centre in west cork in August to chill his head out. It's set up and there's a gig down there whenever he wants it. I know some of you were concerned and just wanted to reassure you with some good news for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Its probably a bit insensitive of me to make any comment at all but IMO if you climb Everest and don't survive the descent that is well within the scope of things that can be expected to happen when you climb Everest.

I know many people pay the entire cost of their trip and tack on a fundraising effort on top and that is great but there is a striking contrast between the gofundme page his family have opened to recover his body and the one set up to fund the trip and raise money for Barretstown
                    Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    I saw that post and had similar thoughts. I actually thought that not only is it really stupid, but it's pretty offensive to send Sherpas off on a wild goose chase to find someone's frozen body. The guy would have known the risks before he went. 10% of people who attempt to get to the summit die in the attempt.
                    Think I remember posting that stat, not being believed and it was even worse than I said at the time. Why do it with a family, feel for them. Four people dead in the last few days. Now they'll risk lives to go get him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Game 2 seems to be Solks in a photo from Dimoxinil and Dice who both got scores which would have won the other game.
                      UK again let down by their partner.
                      thanks for organising AJ , best competition ever, no work involved . Ive found my niche,
                      being a jammy bastard

Comment

Well done CH
                        Another good nights viewing
                        Please send on bank details and I will send the winnings
                        Thanks for organizing AJ

Comment

Would have been epic if they had won
                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 19-05-19, 09:24.

Comment

Goddamn Danes. The best mid-table points snafflers in the world. Probably.

WP Chad, send through deets for shippage plz
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Have a few hours to kill on Friday evening in Dublin and was thinking of playing cash. I assume the Fitz would have a couple of tables going. If not the Fitz any other recommendations? Parking nearby would be handy.

Comment

If anyone comes across 2 tickets for Ireland vs Japan in the RWC please keep me in mind!

Friends are going to Japan for the RWC and their honeymoon, and those are the only tickets they are missing so would be a perfect wedding gift.

Cheers
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  Poor Sweden though

Sweden need 253 points'
                                  'They need 253 points'
                                  'A reminder Sweden need 253 points'
                                  *pause*
                                  'Who will win Eurovision, Netherlands or Sweden who need 253 points'
                                  '253 points remember'
                                  'And now the number of votes for Sweden, who need 253 points'
                                  *pause*
                                  'And the votes for Sweden - who need 253 are....
                                  90-something'
                                  This and the way the market was swinging during the last few votes got me looking again at the voting system.

With two left there was a significant amount traded between 1.8 and 1.2 until after North Macedonia's vote was called and then it took nearly a minute for all the money to get sucked up before they were freely available at 1.08 right until the final whistle blew.

If my calculations are correct NL needed 235 of the remaining 412 votes (which they were probably 1.05 to get but that's a totally different matter ), when they got 261 they could not have been caught even if one of the other two got all the remaining 151 !

Will look at it more closely for next year and maybe build a simulator to look at previous years patterns - maybe it was just the way things fell last night but it seems to me there was a lot of free money sloshing around late in the voting.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Yeah I'm no believer in EMH. But that Tesla forum is a great lesson in human psychology. It's a forum of enthusiasts who are pumping money into it. They like the car so ergo it must be a great investment. Elon is some sort of demigod to them.

A solid year long decline in the stock while everything else is going up doesn't phase them, it's all a conspiracy or the analysts "don't get it". There's no dissenting opinion. It's a good illustration of why you should talk to people who disagree with you.
                                    Yes especially when it comes to investing. There is always something you’ve missed so listening to others is usually productive, even in the case of that forum it might just increase your conviction in your opinion (that Tesla is screwed!)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      This and the way the market was swinging during the last few votes got me looking again at the voting system.

With two left there was a significant amount traded between 1.8 and 1.2 until after North Macedonia's vote was called and then it took nearly a minute for all the money to get sucked up before they were freely available at 1.08 right until the final whistle blew.

If my calculations are correct NL needed 235 of the remaining 412 votes (which they were probably 1.05 to get but that's a totally different matter ), when they got 261 they could not have been caught even if one of the other two got all the remaining 151 !

Will look at it more closely for next year and maybe build a simulator to look at previous years patterns - maybe it was just the way things fell last night but it seems to me there was a lot of free money sloshing around late in the voting.
                                      It was the first year they had done the votes this way so it took the betting market by surprise, I remember thinking at the time that mathematics would
                                      tell you exactly how many votes Sweden were going to receive.

It was a different method to previous years as follows.
                                      Last year Sweden would have been awarded it's 90 votes at an earlier stage as they sorted by Points Awarded, Ascending. So it would have started with Germany 0, then England 3 etc. Sweden would have been awarded their 90 points and been eliminated from the reckoning quite soon after.

This year they awarded points by reverse position in the table, with currently last place being the next to be awarded.

Comment

Arguing with Grammarly at the moment. I think I'm right and it's wrong.

I write.
                                        New Zealand are improving and will hope to qualify from the group.
                                        Brazil have been the flag-bearer for South America in this event.

Grammarly wants me to change to.
                                        New Zealand is improving and will hope to qualify from the group.
                                        Brazil has been the flag-bearer for South America in this event.

I'm writing the way you'd expect for international sports yeah?

Comment

I write.

The team is doing well or the team are doing well? That’s your answer.

Comment

It was the first year they had done the votes this way so it took the betting market by surprise, I remember thinking at the time that mathematics would

Last year Sweden would have been awarded it's 90 votes at an earlier stage as they sorted by Points Awarded, Ascending. So it would have started with Germany 0, then England 3 etc. Sweden would have been awarded their 90 points and been eliminated from the reckoning quite soon after.

This year they awarded points by reverse position in the table, with currently last place being the next to be awarded.
                                            There's a fixed number of votes available right? So anyone with a calculator could have seen NL were a dead cert as soon as they got their public votes?
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I write.

Yes. Grammarly is using the American way in this case.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Btw North or not, as a fan of Alexander the Great he was no bloody Slav and a force should be raised in Sparta for a crusade against North Macedonia imo.

Also, randomly, how cute is this?

Anneke Van Giersbergen interprète Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper cover) lors de son concert solo acoustic à la Scène Bastille de Parisle 13/12/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                  The team is doing well or the team are doing well? That’s your answer.
                                                  Not really.
                                                  "The team" is a singular noun. Regardless of how many people are on the team.
                                                  But it's a group of people, so we use plural pronouns.

The team won last week. We/They are doing well.

So the answer to AJ's dilemma to is whether New Zealand (in reference to the team) uses single or plural pronouns.

New Zealand won last week. They are improving.
                                                  New Zealand won last week. It is improving.

I think clearly shows that "...are improving" is correct in that case. But when referring to the country not the team it's singular.

New Zealand is beautiful. It is nice in spring.
                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 19-05-19, 14:04.

Comment

In US grammar its quite common to use 'is' a lot when referring to teams that represent places. eg 'Chicago is playing great basketball at the moment'

Comment

Yes it's US grammar. I had this when writing for Ars Technica. I said something like "Intel have produced a new Pentium" and got absolutely piled on by Yanks in the comments.

Comment

Yanks are simpletons.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yeah, the only difference from the last few years is in the presentation of the points and last years format was probably easier to work out therefore the market shut down earlier than it did last night. It would seem that there was no one on betfair with a big enough balance who was awake to the potential for free money.
                                                          Unlikely to happen again next year, and also some humans know the result long before it is announced so thats where the real potential for free money lies
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-05-19, 15:17.

Comment

Going through an old playlist, raging I didn't think of this for Music King...

Fucking love French vocals so much...

Chooon
                                                            Provided to YouTube by Warp RecordsLo Boob Oscillator · StereolabLo Boob Oscillator℗ Duophonic UHF DisksReleased on: 2018-08-14Auto-generated by YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Going through an old playlist, raging I didn't think of this for Music King...

Fucking love French vocals so much...

Chooon
                                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_-dkn7bYw
                                                              They're playing Vicar Street on June 25.

Comment

Ta ta.

Gona treat myself to a jigsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                  They're playing Vicar Street on June 25.
                                                                  Ah great stuff. Cheers Benny. Won't wear brogues. Promise.

Comment

Why don't Limerick have any sponsor on their jersey?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Why don't Limerick have any sponsor on their jersey?
                                                                      McManus said he didnt want anything on.

Official reason is here

punditarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, punditarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                                                                      Last edited by dobby; 19-05-19, 16:27.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Official reason is here

https://punditarena.com/gaa/kennedym...ersey-sponsor/
                                                                        Enough of branding on the rest of their kit.

The team were boarding the bus this afternoon at the Woodlands hotel, looked good...pity about their hurling so far.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Official reason is here

https://punditarena.com/gaa/kennedym...ersey-sponsor/
                                                                          Fair enough. I wouldn't have known he was their sponsor before.

Comment

I bet those hungry savages wanted a sponsor advert on in addition to McManus sponsorship!

Comment

Yanks are is simpletons.
                                                                              FYP

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                Ta ta.

Shippage done. Was worth it to discover you have such a posh name.

I'll remember that next time you call me a cunt.

Comment

Ta ta.

Bank deets please

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Shippage done. Was worth it to discover you have such a posh name.

I'll remember that next time you call me a cunt.
                                                                                    My name isn't a secret, unfortunately.

Proper land robbin' proddy name tbf.

Comment

My name isn't a secret, unfortunately.

Proper land robbin' proddy name tbf.
                                                                                      It really is! I reckon you are probably the Earl of Kilcoole.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        It really is! I reckon you are probably the Earl of Kilcoole.
                                                                                        Have you copped yet that CHD are his initials?

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Have you copped yet that CHD are his initials?
                                                                                            No

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              Wonder if its cultural, and we use 'have' because we recognise the team effort involved, while US is more individualistic and assigns it to singular.
                                                                                              The Americans got it from us.

Irish <> team players.

Comment

Would love to see brooks just give the finger with both hands to the crowd after tapping in and just walking off the green.

Comment

Ta ta.

Revolut, bank, PayPal, whatever details please.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    Nah what CC is saying the science fiction definition of AI is what he uses to define any AI.
                                                                                                    This. I had no idea that all machine learning is called AI. Makes sense that it is when you think about it at all.

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                    AI generated voice? Everything you hear in the clip is the result of a deep learning algorithm developed called RealTalk from a company called Dessa, which converts any text typed into the model to his voice.

Opr
                                                                                                    I'm not going to believe they have that working, based on one clip and a few other samples. I'd suspect that they used a human listener to filter out the less believable sentences from what they've made public.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                      I'm not going to believe they have that working, based on one clip and a few other samples. I'd suspect that they used a human listener to filter out the less believable sentences from what they've made public.
                                                                                                      But the Hunan only has to filter it once and the machine learns to not say the ridiculous sounding bullshit again.

Comment

The Night is dark and full of spoilers...
                                                                                                        SPOILER

I havent watched it yet

Comment

Wow, they were in purgatory on the island all along.

Comment

I remember Joey Ingram saying he wouldn't appear on anyone else's podcast, but he gave it and signed up for the Chip Race. Great episode with Jungleman making a second appearance in 2 episodes, and KevMath rounding it off. Guests are just going from strength to strength!

On the week of Unibet Open London, Dara and David have a great show in store with Pot Limit Omaha pro and podcast legend Joey Ingram in the house. They will also be catching back up with the Jungleman

Comment

I see everybody is joining in my Huawei misery at having to give up my p20, since they are effectively banned outside china now for everybody. Such good phones too, best I've had. Mine will now be a camera.
                                                                                                              I just learned to pronounce it too, what a waste.

Comment

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alphabet Inc’s Google has suspended business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware and software products except those covered by open source licenses, a source close to the matter told Reuters on Sunday, in a blow to the Chinese technology company that the U.S. government has sought to blacklist around the world.

Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app.

Details of the specific services were still being discussed internally at Google, according to the source. Huawei attorneys are also studying the impact of the U.S. Commerce Department’s actions, a Huawei spokesman said on Friday. Huawei was not immediately reachable for further comment.

Representatives of the U.S. Commerce Department did not immediately have comment.

Huawei will continue to have access to the version of the Android operating system available through the open source license that is freely open to anyone who wishes to use it.

But Google will stop providing any technical support and collaboration for Android and Google services to Huawei going forward, the source said.

On Thursday the Trump administration officially added Huawei to a trade blacklist, immediately enacting restrictions that will make it extremely difficult for the technology giant to do business with U.S. companies.
                                                                                                                Bit in bold is the main point. Hopefully it gets sorted but maybe not the go to BBV phone recommendation anymore

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1SP0NB

Bit in bold is the main point. Hopefully it gets sorted but maybe not the go to BBV phone recommendation anymore
                                                                                                                  Just got a fcuking P30 Pro last week.

Surely Huawei get this sorted.

Admire the play from Google.

Will OnePlus and others get the same treatment soon?

Comment

It's doesn't effect current users . Won't be able to update software though. But apps will work as normal. As far as I've read
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      It's doesn't effect current users . Won't be able to update software though. But apps will work as normal. As far as I've read
                                                                                                                      you'll lose access to play store and google services
                                                                                                                      meaning OS, gmail, maps etc etc wont be updated and if a vulnerability is found, wont be patched.
                                                                                                                      It's a huge blow

Comment

you'll lose access to play store and google services
                                                                                                                        meaning OS, gmail, maps etc etc wont be updated and if a vulnerability is found, wont be patched.
                                                                                                                        It's a huge blow
                                                                                                                        So you can't phone someone who cares ?

Comment

So you can't phone someone who cares ?
                                                                                                                          you can if you speak chinese

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X