Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
    World cup questions again!!

So we have Denmark, Croatia, Italy and Switzerland as our options, fixtures set for the 9th/10th/11th and 2nd legs 12th/13th/14th. Now, do we play our home leg or away leg first? Can we know which of the 3 dates we will be playing?
    I want to open up tabs to all 4 countries at the time and book a flight the second it is confirmed
    Last time they had a further random draw for who had the first leg at home, it wasn't predetermined by the seeding.
    Which doesn't help narrow it down for you I guess.
    You could have an Italy venue issue as well, not sure if they have to decide a ground in advance of the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
      Also gambling industry ..pays fuck all tax.
      Have you any information to back that point up, or is it just a random, ignorant throwaway comment?

Comment

I will block every motherfcuker. Arguing is only going to give frown lines.
        Oh, so you want to be able to throw out your opinions without ever having them critiqued? I see.

SPOILER
        blocked
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Last time they had a further random draw for who had the first leg at home, it wasn't predetermined by the seeding.
          You could have an Italy venue issue as well, not sure if they have to decide a ground in advance of the draw.
          Yeah had noticed that with Italy and changing their venue every game, would just book a flight to Rome and drive to the other place for a couple of days though to be honest.
          The 1st/2nd leg thing is a bollox though, if flights are dirt cheap I'll just book both and waste one.

Also, will be looking for 1 ticket for home and away games if anyone knows of any going
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            Yeah had noticed that with Italy and changing their venue every game, would just book a flight to Rome and drive to the other place for a couple of days though to be honest.
            The 1st/2nd leg thing is a bollox though, if flights are dirt cheap I'll just book both and waste one.

Also, will be looking for 1 ticket for home and away games if anyone knows of any going
            If you are happy to travel after flying, 1 flight with onward plans would cover Italy, Croatia, Switzerland. Bologna, Milan or Venice to cover a few bases, so to speak.

Be a bit of craic anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              I think the italy game is a choice between san siro in milan and the new stadium from Udinese. Milan is the favourite I believe.

Comment

Shout out to ONE TIME (Fergus) as his little girl got her first call up to the full International squad for the World Cup Qualifier against Slovakia. She signed for Shelbourne during the summer and played all 3 recent U17 European Championship qualifiers (Won all 3 and she got on the scoresheet in 1). Proud (er) daddy moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Shout out to ONE TIME (Fergus) as his little girl got her first call up to the full International squad for the World Cup Qualifier against Slovakia. She signed for Shelbourne during the summer and played all 3 recent U17 European Championship qualifiers (Won all 3 and she got on the scoresheet in 1). Proud (er) daddy moment!

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/match/39/2...53?tab=preview
                  I would be immediately withdrawing her based on the haircut of the coach:

SPOILER

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Only 10 years working and you are 40? (possibly 39, but close enough).

Bloody academics!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Ten years working since beginning of September and first time I've ever been involved in a screaming match in a meeting. That clearly reflects on the other person. Although I have been a bit irritable recently.
                        STFU

Comment

Comment

Gooch Cooper says over 50% of proceeds will go to charity. It's more than I expected but I assume the backlash has forced his hand

Comment

Ten years working since beginning of September and first time I've ever been involved in a screaming match in a meeting. That clearly reflects on the other person. Although I have been a bit irritable recently.
                              Hanging up on your colleagues, screaming matches at meetings, this academic world has a bit more bite to it then I thought. Ive never had a screaming match in my 17 years working. Never any upside imo and so many better ways to achieve your goals.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                Have you any information to back that point up, or is it just a random, ignorant throwaway comment?
                                B nice if we all got blocked and we won't have to read one report over 20 quotes

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  Hanging up on your colleagues, screaming matches at meetings, this academic world has a bit more bite to it then I thought. Ive never had a screaming match in my 17 years working. Never any upside imo and so many better ways to achieve your goals.
                                  Blocked

Comment

6:25am flight to Milan on the 12th for €28... not far from basel, udinese, croatia(well....). I've taken worse punts!!
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Eminem's not really a fan of Trump...

Comment

Just left an hour and 10 minute meeting that should have been a 3 line email so that we could have all agreed that she can waste her own time doing busy work but there is zero chance anyone else is spending days writing process docs that will never be read.

I was screaming on the inside before pretending I have a call to go on, can still see the glazed looks on peoples faces in the aptly named board room.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          If I wanted to open a Degiro account how would I go about it?

Don't have an Irish account anymore which probably makes it a bit more difficult.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance.
                                          Anyone?
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                            Anyone?
                                            Can you not just open a Vanguard account?

Comment

just watched cardboard gangsters. Not a bad little flick and pretty enjoyable. Feels like a spin off of love/hate to a certain extent but that's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                Can you not just open a Vanguard account?
                                                I have a Questrade account here for ETFs but buying international stocks is ridiculously expensive.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This may seem a stupid question, kinda getting mixed up even on Google

Filling out secondary school application

Ethnicity?= Irish? Caucasian? Catholic?
                                                  Im not 100% but thinking Irish? My manager is convinced it's Caucasian
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

White Irish imo.

Comment

Ethnic fluid imo, let her be what she wants to be.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Culchie imo .

Comment

Comment

Comment

Isn't Caucasian on the census form?
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah we're 100% back and if anyone is ever looking for P&F seems like a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                  http://m.independent.ie/life/ireland...-36203776.html

Yeah we're 100% back and if anyone is ever looking for P&F seems like a good place to start.
                                                                  Haven't been this disappointed by a pussy stroking Lounge since I didn't spot the L in Glee club.

Comment

Still waiting for Mellor to whisk me off to some fancy Sydney eaterie....no doubt he'll be here soon.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                      See RichieM, not one bit fake and a real genuine nice guy. Arguing is good for you! just don't frown when doing it
                                                                      Botox wears off though and it's annoying.
                                                                      @satnav
                                                                      Caucasion + nationality... Irish.

So it's Caca milis obv.

Comment

Caucasian is only used in America, so maybe your manager is watching too many yankie detective shows.

Big fan of black people in europe being randomly called African-American. Surprisingly common, maybe for the same reason as Caucasian is. What is the right term now? Black, I think?
                                                                        I was saying to Mia I was putting down Chinese , told her she was adopted and I had to tell her truth now as I had to submit her birth cert. For a flash of second she kinda looked worried , was funny lol
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

oh and why does it really matter what your parents do for a living , really cant get my head around that , nosy fuckers!
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                oh and why does it really matter what your parents do for a living , really cant get my head around that , nosy fuckers!
                                                                                Put something mad.

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-10-17, 20:36.

Comment

Just put Sales agent.

Comment

...

Comment

Friend just rang she is vaping 5 years, in her job today (clerical in a hospital) they had a health and wellness day yolk. They all got tested for Diabetes, BMI, other stuff etc .

All the smokers were pulled aside to blow into the machine thing.Her friend a smoker hit 12 on the machine. my friend came up as a non smoker 1-6 is rated as non smoker she was a 2. Thats fantastic to hear. Shame its not out there in the media more.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

One hates to use the words 'mindblowing' needlessly, but this is mindblowingly inane. Kids not doing religion have to sit in the religion class and can't do homework or other practice on subjects during that time as it might mean they get ahead academically of the kids doing religion.

This isn't some weird interpretation of a policy, this is the actual written policy.

The written policy is from the Diocesan advisor, not the state he says 2 schools took him up on it. I doubt it's true on the ground. ETBI tallaght definitely don't make you...you do need written permission from guardians though and for them to meet with the school. I was just looking at ETB dun laoighre to see if i could find out on their fb page ..but i can't ...it's mad though..http://www.ddletb.ie/Second-Level.aspx?search=1&view=0

Dublin and Dún Laoghaire ETB, Tallaght. 2,553 likes · 43 talking about this. Education provider in Co. Dublin & Dún Laoghaoire. Primary, Secondary, Further & Adult Education.

It's barmy if it's true though.

Comment

We all knew about Harvey and did fuck all right?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Actually if it's true ..it's bitter.

Comment

The one thing that has continuously struck me since I got here is that, in the 14 years since I was last here, Australia has become a very rich country indeed.

Populated by people with very little fashion sense.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  He has done a polanski now.

Comment

Anyone dipped into Suburra on Netflix? Worth a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceNfXrccbQ
                                                                                                      Louis CK must be sweating now,apparently another fan of impromptu handjobs in front of an unwilling audience. Hollywood publicists must be racking up the OT this week

Comment

Caucasian is only used in America, so maybe your manager is watching too many yankie detective shows.

Big fan of black people in europe being randomly called African-American. Surprisingly common, maybe for the same reason as Caucasian is. What is the right term now? Black, I think?
                                                                                                        Irish African American for me

Comment

This might be of interest to people

Emma: Let’s Talk About Race and Identity in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            Louis CK must be sweating now,apparently another fan of impromptu handjobs in front of an unwilling audience. Hollywood publicists must be racking up the OT this week
                                                                                                            Ben affleck now. https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...burton-in-2003

He apologized now though.

Comment

Sky monthly newsletter :

How fast did that 2 yrs go! seems like last week I was crying my eyes out over the nasty newspaper gig

Love my job, all happened for a reason

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

what's your best sales tip @sat ?

You could prob give a course. Esp going door to door. Requires balls that.

Comment

Build up banter instant! ( based on profile of person obv, you gotta do a quick read)They are buying you not product at that point

force the lot . I am a very aggressive rep. I do not do pipeline , I nail on the day . The offer I have will not be there tomorrow ( course it will , they dont know that )

sales is all white lies!
                                                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 11-10-17, 23:19.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

based on your question , and further to a past post of yours. Did i make you feel comfortable and relaxed when you met me in citywest,I think it was?
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Build up banter instant! ( based on profile of person obv, you gotta do a quick read)They are buying you not product at that point

force the lot . I am a very aggressive rep. I do not do pipeline , I nail on the day . The offer I have will not be there tomorrow ( course it will , they dont know that )

sales is all white lies!
                                                                                                                      I'm impressed and you've intrigued me.....

Comment

based on your question , and further to a past post of yours. Did i make you feel comfortable and relaxed when you met me in citywest,I think it was?

Not at first. I was surprised at first stiff and lost but you came across as fresh and natural...even though you said you were hungover. I didn't feel so awkward when you said you were hungover actually..less pressure..so the way i ended up 'remembering' it was different. It became more comfortable in memory. And I thought it was a nice thing to do...

Comment

All I remember meeting eoghan 101 is i had food on my tray ....so happy days!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X