Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen this mentioned on boards also.

I have an 10 month prescription for tablets (the stomach hernia thing). When I go the chemist they always give me a 28 day pack and reduce the months remaining on the script by 1.
    I kinda assumed this was just normal pharmacy methodology, or would some pharmacists actually split a pack to give you 30/31?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I have an 10 month prescription for tablets (the stomach hernia thing). When I go the chemist they always give me a 28 day pack and reduce the months remaining on the script by 1.
      I kinda assumed this was just normal pharmacy methodology, or would some pharmacists actually split a pack to give you 30/31?
      I always get 30. Had assumed as well all prescriptions were only 6 months.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        I always get 30. Had assumed as well all prescriptions were only 6 months.
        Cheers, will mention it to them next time. Presumably 28 is handier for them so they don't have to cut open a new packet, lazy fucks.

Re the 10 month thing, I have a 4 month one from my GP originally, and then got another 6 month one from the doctor in the hospital when went back for post op checkup.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            those bastarding remoaners are having a lot of fun with Colin today. (need to click through all the pics)

HAD ENOUGH OF THREATS AND INTIMIDATION FROM SO-CALLED AUTHORITY NOW ITS TIME TO FIGHT BACK LAWFULLY OR JUST TELL THEM TO FU-K OFF

Comment

Deal Making Story.

I though this might give a few a laugh.

I was in new york for hols and we went to borgata for 3 days break in a nice hotel and a break from walking the city.

Anyway of course i couldn't resist and while my wife was in outlets i played a 200 f/o part of the spring poker open.

Anyway long story short, with 14 left i was in about 4th or 5th (around 1.3m) and went for a walk on a 15 min break.

I came back and the rest had a deal more or less sorted. This women (Alyson Parker) had arranged it all and they had agreement except for me of course. I sat down looked at 1-2 stakes that were no more then 2 bb's and said no way play on. They gave me some guilt trip. The payouts were stupidly flat until the top 3. The deal was 7k for The top 2 who had about 3m each, and an even 4250 each for the rest. We were currently at the $850 payout. She never gave up and eventually asked what would it take ( i worked out in my head what it would be maybe after The 2 very short stacks were gone and said 5k. (i should have said at least 6)). She actually got the guy with the short stack to pay me the extra. I then said wait now there are 2-3 players with more chips than me, they would have to agree (she went over and they agreed straight away). There would be about 1% chance of this deal being done in ireland.

I mean i couldn't turn it down then, but thats not all. She then found out the winner wanted to be anonymous and told him she would sign for 1st and sort him out with diff (they knew each other).

So for what she had about 6 bb's she got $4250, and is credited with then win on Hendon Mob (for 20k) etc. Its not like it was a field of sheep either, some of these have very decent results.

Her name is Alyson Parker, now you know who to contact if ever a deal needs to be made.
              sigpic
              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                So after Mia's Choir the other night , I think a panel pick a few kids from each school to play in The National Choir in Dublin the end of May , . Mia was called out of her class today to sing solo ( moon river , she is Soprano) . . So she should know this week if she made the cut . All excited Obv.

Who sings in the National Concert Hall?
                Each school may send10% of their Sopranos and 10% of their Altos. The National Organiser will notify each school of the number of allocated places before the end of April. NB Schools who have elected to teach only one part eg. Sopranos, will send 5% of that part. They may not send 10% of their choir. Children selected to sing in the National Concert Hall must have excellent singing voices, must know all the words and music and be prepared to sing every song. The Parents/Guardians of the children selected for the National Concert Hall will be required to sign a media release form on behalf of their children.

Dont BBV me now

http://www.nationalchildrenschoir.or...-concerts.html
                One proud mama here.

She made the cut.

She was more excited about M D Higgins is Gonna be there lol

I'm. Fucking delighted for her!

29th may

The National Concert Hall is a national cultural institution and the designated home of music in Ireland.
                Last edited by SatNav; 08-05-17, 14:39.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post

Her name is Alyson Parker, now you know who to contact if ever a deal needs to be made.
                  She's good but not even close to the lad who one night in the Fitz, I think it was a < 100 runner €50 tourney and I seem to remember that the proximity of Christmas being an oft cited reason for making the deal. Me and my <4 BB's got included in a 14 way chop where the huge chipleader got absolutely fckd over and the rest chopped evenly.
                  Still can't quite believe that really happened
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

It is the normal way to do it.
                    The vast majority of prescriptions are written in terms of weeks, 4 weeks / 28 days so there are 13 4 week months in a year

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      It is the normal way to do it.
                      The vast majority of prescriptions are written in terms of weeks, 4 weeks / 28 days so there are 13 4 week months in a year
                      What's the 13th month called?

Comment

Smarch.

Comment

She's good but not even close to the lad who one night in the Fitz, I think it was a < 100 runner €50 tourney and I seem to remember that the proximity of Christmas being an oft cited reason for making the deal. Me and my <4 BB's got included in a 14 way chop where the huge chipleader got absolutely fckd over and the rest chopped evenly.
                          Still can't quite believe that really happened
                          When was that? I was also involved in a crazy chop in the Fitz one night, defo 10 years ago, think it was a 9-handed chop and I also felt sorry for the chip leader who was a novice I guess, didn't fight his corner enough!

The chops you hear about in the States are crazy, never been involved in them but would like to hear more stories from those who have.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Smarch.
                            Nocvember
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Mia got her Hoverboard today , ah Jaysus its a fucking nightmare. I have a pain in my back from holding her hands and walking back and forth .

To me its fucking an impossible gadget to master, she could do it on her own for like 10 seconds and decides to bend on her knees like a stunt woman obv got busted !

Why didnt someone say no Michelle dont do it!!

Currently looking for handlebars online to fit on it ffs

Deffo gonna be fucked in a corner in a few weeks no doubt
                              One proud mama here.

She made the cut.

She was more excited about M D Higgins is Gonna be there lol

I'm. Fucking delighted for her!

29th may

https://www.nch.ie/Online/National-C...ns-Choir-May17
                              Rightly so. I've met the man. I'll put in a word.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                What's the 13th month called?
                                Festivus

Comment

Back in the day when I used to do TV rentals the percentage of my life I spent explaining to people that 2.50 a week was actually 10.87 per month was soul destroying.

Comment

Comment

Winter starting late December? Summer starting late June? What madness is this?

Comment

Wouldn't even call what we got a winter. This global warming shit might benefit us.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7gPL6VD6g

Comment

Well Denny, tired of winning yet?

This is what the jackboot looks like when worn by an insecure manchild

The tweet in itself must amount to an impeachable crime

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Winter starting late December? Summer starting late June? What madness is this?
                                              reality

Comment

Back in the day when I used to do TV rentals the percentage of my life I spent explaining to people that 2.50 a week was actually 10.87 per month was soul destroying.
                                                I suppose you also had an onion tied to your belt as well
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Well Denny, tired of winning yet?

This is what the jackboot looks like when worn by an insecure manchild

The tweet in itself must amount to an impeachable crime

In a second Twitter message, Mr. Trump added: “Ask Sally Yates, under oath, if she knows how classified information got into the newspapers soon after she explained it to W.H. Counsel.” An early version of the message misspelled “counsel.”
                                                  Former President Barack Obama warned Donald J. Trump in their conversation in the Oval Office two days after the election.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Can anyone identify this cuntish cable?

Got one a while ago that was too big.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                      Wouldn't even call what we got a winter. This global warming shit might benefit us.
                                                      Ive basically no heating, it was cold enough for long enough
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

reality
                                                        Well if reality is at play, I think May-August should be summer, Nov-Feb winter, and give spring and autumn 2 months each.

Comment

You'll think I'm taking the piss but the old Nokia chargers charge them perfectly.

Comment

For small electronic device which use 3.5mm barrel jack for a power cable. Cable Length:65cm. Normally we will reply you within 24 hours.

Comment

Think that's the one he already has.
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                Deal Making Story.

I though this might give a few a laugh.

I was in new york for hols and we went to borgata for 3 days break in a nice hotel and a break from walking the city.

Anyway of course i couldn't resist and while my wife was in outlets i played a 200 f/o part of the spring poker open.

Anyway long story short, with 14 left i was in about 4th or 5th (around 1.3m) and went for a walk on a 15 min break.

I came back and the rest had a deal more or less sorted. This women (Alyson Parker) had arranged it all and they had agreement except for me of course. I sat down looked at 1-2 stakes that were no more then 2 bb's and said no way play on. They gave me some guilt trip. The payouts were stupidly flat until the top 3. The deal was 7k for The top 2 who had about 3m each, and an even 4250 each for the rest. We were currently at the $850 payout. She never gave up and eventually asked what would it take ( i worked out in my head what it would be maybe after The 2 very short stacks were gone and said 5k. (i should have said at least 6)). She actually got the guy with the short stack to pay me the extra. I then said wait now there are 2-3 players with more chips than me, they would have to agree (she went over and they agreed straight away). There would be about 1% chance of this deal being done in ireland.

I mean i couldn't turn it down then, but thats not all. She then found out the winner wanted to be anonymous and told him she would sign for 1st and sort him out with diff (they knew each other).

So for what she had about 6 bb's she got $4250, and is credited with then win on Hendon Mob (for 20k) etc. Its not like it was a field of sheep either, some of these have very decent results.

Watching some guy streaming the FT of the $1k SCOOP now and he gets to HU.

Prizes are:

$137k
                                                                $98k

Chips are:

4.343m
                                                                3.157m

Blinds 25k/50k

Chippie is a fish, but he's the guy streaming it.

The other guy says he'll only deal if they chop the money. Split is $111k and leave $12k for the winner. Fish chippie beats him into the pot with 'I agree'

I was actually funking for the shorter stack to look for more money!

Comment

Poker pro Dan Smith did the incredible in this week’s PokerStars Sunday Million. He cashed for more than first place was scheduled to receive. Thanks to a massive chip lead when play was five-handed, Smith took a sweet deal. When the clock was paused to figure out a split, Smith had about 45 percent of the chips in play, and his four opponents agreed to give him just under $200,000. The ammount was only about $11,000 less than what first would have taken if they finished without a deal. According to PokersStars Blog, after some discussion the agreement was as follows: Dan ‘Danny98765’ Smith: $199,504.25 (33,086,642 in chips, 61.1 BB) tulipaner: $115,841.91 (13,648,882 in chips, 27.3 BB) Karger222: $102,993.24 (10,663,672 in chips, 21.3 BB) AMELPADRINO: $89,991.04 (7,457,758 in chips, 14.9 BB) yurabond: $85,000.00 (5,743,046 in chips, 11.5 BB) The deal left $20,000 for the winner, and it was Smith who was the last player standing. His final score was for $219,504.25 — more cash than what anyone in the starting field of 7,060 could have hoped for once the payouts ...

Comment

14 hours drinking Guinness around Galway and negotiated this deal as we sat down for the FT...

1st was originally €2900 so couldn't pull a Dan Smith

Comment

I remember in the Fitz once watching the last bit of the final table of the end of month game. There were 5 left, and one massive chip leader (Teddy Hickson for those who know him). Someone at the table suggested they give Teddy first place money and the rest chop evenly. I was amazed when everyone agreed, and Teddy was probably even more amazed. He probably had 2/3 of the chips in play, but still, given the nature of that game it was ridiculous.

Comment

Was involved in 10 way deal and then a 6 way chop in silks one night with mickste and some other Ipb'r. Was shameful

Comment

Stealthmunk is such an infuriating prick too. I enjoyed his WSOP bustout

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The deals at the old Celtic Poker games in Toughers were great. The allure of a CPT trophy always factored in to the deal with the person willing to sacrifice it always getting the Lions share.

Comment

I remember in the Fitz once watching the last bit of the final table of the end of month game. There were 5 left, and one massive chip leader (Teddy Hickson for those who know him). Someone at the table suggested they give Teddy first place money and the rest chop evenly. I was amazed when everyone agreed, and Teddy was probably even more amazed. He probably had 2/3 of the chips in play, but still, given the nature of that game it was ridiculous.
                                                                              I've seen that happen a few times as a dealer, so hard to keep my mouth shut.

Comment

compulsive viewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7UkhLLEwrs
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I did a deal for the cash league tournie in the Aquarium once where I got first place money.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                    Was involved in 10 way deal and then a 6 way chop in silks one night with mickste and some other Ipb'r. Was shameful
                                                                                    That rings a bell

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

So many lucky fkers. I tried to pull the 'Give me 1st place' gig in a tournament with 10k up top a few weeks back. I had half the chips in play and some were happy to give it, a couple of others not. Ended up busting 4th

Comment

How long before people start posting hand histories again?

Comment

Must be 5 years since I played a hand of poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                I shall be making my maiden voyage to The Abbey on Wednesday evening. Looking forward to it.
                                                                                                Enjoy listening to the Luas on constant replay.

Comment

Cousin in Ballybunion best mate jumped off Blarney Castle. So soon after the darkness into light walks. An epidemic in this country .

Get help folks , no stigma these days, people want to help ya. Nobody needs to feel alone or helpless . Anyone needs a chat a pm and ya can have my number . ( I know worst case scenario but genuine offer)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Billions ended well!

Love that show, although seem to remember some criticism of it here.
                                                                                                    Watched season 1 of Billions without having seen Homeland, mid way through season 2 of Homeland now and I can't even remember him as Axel.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Must be 5 years since I played a hand of poker.
                                                                                                      CLOCK

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Think that's the one he already has.
                                                                                                        Aye, its way too big. Seems there are about five sizes between 2mm and 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                                                          Cousin in Ballybunion best mate jumped off Blarney Castle. So soon after the darkness into light walks. An epidemic in this country .

Get help folks , no stigma these days, people want to help ya. Nobody needs to feel alone or helpless . Anyone needs a chat a pm and ya can have my number . ( I know worst case scenario but genuine offer)
                                                                                                          Saw that earlier on Facebook.I have a fair idea I know your cousin fairly well too. Is his name Noel?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                            Saw that earlier on Facebook.I have a fair idea I know your cousin fairly well too. Is his name Noel?
                                                                                                            Yep tis him . . Lovely lad . You know the other guy ? So many young lads it's horrific

Comment

It's unreal my parents neighbour killer himself two years ago he was a great neighbour younger than me chatty friendly 3 young kids. So much to live for. Just last week a girl I was good mates as a teenager her son killer himself was in university good at sports loads of friends it's horrible. Friends and family will be guilt ridden for life even if they have no clue it was coming.

Comment

Yep tis him . . Lovely lad . You know the other guy ? So many young lads it's horrific
                                                                                                                Yeah I remember the other lad from years ago. Iirc he started playing golf at about seventeen and was playing off scratch in about 18 months round the old course in Ballybunnion.
                                                                                                                I know all your cousin's down there for the last twenty years or more.

Comment

Is that your grandchild with you SatNav?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah I remember the other lad from years ago. Iirc he started playing golf at about seventeen and was playing off scratch in about 18 months round the old course in Ballybunnion.
                                                                                                                    I know all your cousin's down there for the last twenty years or more.
                                                                                                                    Thats Gas small world, Great spot to live. Didn't know the poor chap but heard so many sad stories lately unreal the amount of lads finding themselves with zero option but to end it all. It's like they are trapped in their own turmoil and nobody can free them.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                      yeah why ? and it'll be the last time those cunts sell me stale bread ?,
                                                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 08-05-17, 22:37.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        You'll think I'm taking the piss but the old Nokia chargers charge them perfectly.
                                                                                                                        Ta m8 but that's too big. You piss taker.

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                        'The should have called the police instead of them shouting happier happier all time' youtube.

Comment

McGregor has a lot to answer for

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X