Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took apart and cleaned my coffee grinder for the first time ever (had it at least 10 years).

Think I found out why my coffee doesn't taste like Coffee Angel.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Lipstick on a pig, White Trash is as White Trash does.
      It's a racial slur.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

These Steve Coogan\Rob Brydon road trips are good craic. The Spain one is making me wonder why we have no Spanish restaurants in Dublin?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          These Steve Coogan\Rob Brydon road trips are good craic. The Spain one is making me wonder why we have no Spanish restaurants in Dublin?
          Other than Tapas places you mean?

Comment

PS Number one son won Ireland Basketball Final with school team yesterday.

PPS Still reading Iago's post to find the part of the day where he get the BJ or is that where it all went wrong?
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Other than Tapas places you mean?
              Now that you mention it, I may have been somewhat hasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

PPS Still reading Iago's post to find the part of the day where he get the BJ or is that where it all went wrong?
                Congrats to the son, loved playing basketball underage.

Westbrook is phenomenonal 2nd person to ever average a triple double in the regular season and will probably be the first guy since 1983 to win MVP without his team getting 50 wins.

I have Harden MVP which looked good 2 or 3 weeks before the season ended but you couldn't argue with Westbrook winning. Votes were cast before OKC lost to the Rockets unfortunately.

Comment

This is the way i feel right now!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                    fuck off with yourself , thats my daughter and I am proud . change your name to I am a cunt!

I added another to annoy you further!
                    Well done to her Sat. You should be proud. Don't mind mr cunt...

Well done to your son Wombat.

Comment

Does anyone on here know anything about the publishing industry???

Comment

Comment

Jools
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

That Jain is fucking awesome

Comment

A few years ago I listened to this wonderful music in the car's radio. When I got home I went to search about this music on the internet and found out there ...
                              airport, lol

Comment

Did you leave facebook eamo?

Comment

so...

I spent most of the last 18 hours or so listening to:

Tracklisting:Brownsville Turnaround on the Tex-Mex BorderPulling out of Ricardo and the Dusk is Falling FastSix Hours to Louisiana, Black Coffee Going ColdDr...

with brief interludes of:

Too much noise out there nowadays, let's take the world apart and turn back in time for a moment with Something different from Nick Warren.Very good moments ...

so now... I guess... I am officially... an old bastard...

Comment

I actually enjoyed that Elshambles listened to 10 mins of each track only though.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Scum on scum crime in fairness,no taxpayers were hurt
                                      This country is not a jungle. Or it's not meant to be. That is ...shocking ....still human

The took his phone in a raid after the regency attack.

Michael O'Higgins, for Jonathan, said that a psychological report would be prepared on behalf of his client.
                                      He is a psycho. There i did it ..

Why on earth would ANYONE support SF?
                                      Last edited by Guest; 29-04-17, 02:46.

Comment

Why did Donnacha O'Dea support the IRA? I saw a doc about his mom's life where Gerry Adams thanked him for supporting IRA prisoners.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                          Why did Donnacha O'Dea support the IRA? I saw a doc about his mom's life where Gerry Adams thanked him for supporting IRA prisoners.
                                          SPOILER
                                          Please don't dead me

I can delete it if you want.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

A large number of Irish people would have supported the IRA during the seventies and early eighties, for good reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

etc.

It was a very different time with a very different IRA. My grandfather was involved in small capacity with the IRA in Dublin, my granny told me she found a gun in the attic one day contacted the police. They came and took it away but never prosecuted anyone over it. I would imagine many Irish families have similar stories.

Comment

Why do you like talking about the O'Dea's so much? That's at least the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned them with no context.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Spending the next few days in a park whose main attraction is that they have a butterfly greenhouse: http://www.terrabotanica.fr/en/

The things we do for kids!
                                                  That looks cool tbf, there's a similar one in Vannes if you're ever down that way (not far from you).

Comment

Tv show recommendations?
                                                    Any genre. Last two shows I watch were the OJ Simpson series, and the latest season of Broadchurch.

Comment

The last ever U21 football final on at 5pm in Tullamore (on TG4). Galway slight favs with the bookies looks about right. Dublin are strong up front but lack mobility around midfield.

Over 2.5 goals @ evens and Aaron Byrne over 2.5 PTS @ 11/10 for an interest while watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        Tv show recommendations?
                                                        Any genre. Last two shows I watch were the OJ Simpson series, and the latest season of Broadchurch.
                                                        Sneaky Pete

Comment

Tv show recommendations?
                                                          the leftovers
                                                          if you like foreign ones: le bureau des legendes is great (season 1 is very good, season 2 is awesome)
                                                          homeland season 6 is very good

Comment

Leftovers sounds interesting, and very similar to other shows I've liked.
                                                            But I'm hesitant to get emotionally invested in anything from Damien Lideloff

Comment

It's great

Comment

My two bets for the day.
                                                                Bournemouth/Stoke double. Guts of 7/2.
                                                                Joshua in rounds 1-4. Enhanced to 5/1 on Skybet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                  Did you leave facebook eamo?
                                                                  Yes mate. Its gone well too far. Zuckerberg needs to be taken out
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                    My two bets for the day.
                                                                    Bournemouth/Stoke double. Guts of 7/2.
                                                                    Joshua in rounds 1-4. Enhanced to 5/1 on Skybet.
                                                                    Palace, Stoke and Saints 7-1
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tv show recommendations?
                                                                      The Expanse is pretty fucking great sci fis o far
                                                                      AoS, designated survivor is ticking along nicely, Elementary (sherlock knock off, surprisingly good), Colony, izombie
                                                                      plus the usual ones included above
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

It has been known for a while that the current airing season is going to be the last so hopefully it has a plan of where the whole thing is going to finish up this season. That said the whole show is wft so I am not expecting the ending to make much sense. Personally I have never really cared too much that Lost was such a let down in that regard as the shows journey was awesome and that still makes great TV imo.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            the leftovers
                                                                            if you like foreign ones: le bureau des legendes is great (season 1 is very good, season 2 is awesome)
                                                                            homeland season 6 is very good
                                                                            Tell us more about le bureau please

Comment

I'd like to rent some office space in the City Centre for two weeks. Does anyone have any experience/contacts for doing something like that? I need space for two people and not looking to spend a fortune.

EDIT to add I would need 24 hour access, I found this place which looked pretty good but only has limited access: http://www.broombridgebusinesscentre...ork-space.html
                                                                              Last edited by Hectorjelly; 29-04-17, 14:09.

Comment

My first lazy day in a long long time and I get 4 x 0-0's coming up to half time. Fuck this shit
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Leftovers worth it for the soundtrack alone. Follow the playlist on Spotify.
                                                                                  LOL at the idea that it could possibly be neatly wrapped up to make any sort of sense.

+1 for the Expanse, despite being rather wonderful about tech it is very accessible to non SciFi types.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Nice one, I still have my bronze medal from the same thing as a kid, he'll love that. I fondly remember being coached by my alcoholic Dylan Moranesque maths teacher

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      I'd like to rent some office space in the City Centre for two weeks. Does anyone have any experience/contacts for doing something like that? I need space for two people and not looking to spend a fortune.

EDIT to add I would need 24 hour access, I found this place which looked pretty good but only has limited access: http://www.broombridgebusinesscentre...ork-space.html
                                                                                      I know people who use this place from time to time and 24 hour access is available.

Dogpatch Labs is a startup hub, located in the historic chq Building and in the heart of Dublin’s Digital Docklands. Our mission is to accelerate the development of Ireland’s startup ecosystem by providing a valuable community from where you can grow, share knowledge and form connections.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Tell us more about le bureau please
                                                                                        very good French series inside a government intelligence bureau. The "Legende" is the cover story spies have when abroad, and when a certain spy comes home, in this case mathieu kassovitz (more famously known for directing la haine, but also a very good actor), he struggles to let go of his fake identity, and everything starts unravelling. Series 2 is even better.

the series is being hailed in France as one of the best French series ever (not much competition there but still), and season 3 is expected to start shortly

Comment

@Strewelpeter Did you finish S-Town? What did you think?

I am not sure why but it is one of those things that has stayed with me since listening which doesn't happen too much. I often find my mind wandering to think about since hearing it.

Opr

Comment

Was listening to Sonny Rollins 'Way Out West' there, and for first time realised the whole LP is just drums bass and sax.

March 7 1957 - Way out West.Sonny Rollins-ts, Ray Brown-b, Shelly Manne-d
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                              The last ever U21 football final on at 5pm in Tullamore (on TG4). Galway slight favs with the bookies looks about right. Dublin are strong up front but lack mobility around midfield.

Over 2.5 goals @ evens and Aaron Byrne over 2.5 PTS @ 11/10 for an interest while watching.
                                                                                              Lovely jubbly

Comment

very good French series inside a government intelligence bureau. The "Legende" is the cover story spies have when abroad, and when a certain spy comes home, in this case mathieu kassovitz (more famously known for directing la haine, but also a very good actor), he struggles to let go of his fake identity, and everything starts unravelling. Series 2 is even better.

the series is being hailed in France as one of the best French series ever (not much competition there but still), and season 3 is expected to start shortly
                                                                                                Sold! Well, if subtitled version available.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                  A large number of Irish people would have supported the IRA during the seventies and early eighties, for good reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

etc.

It was a very different time with a very different IRA. My grandfather was involved in small capacity with the IRA in Dublin, my granny told me she found a gun in the attic one day contacted the police. They came and took it away but never prosecuted anyone over it. I would imagine many Irish families have similar stories.
                                                                                                  No this was the 90's he was supporting them in the 90's

This is what YOU SHOULD think of the IRA and Sinn Féin.

I am afraid of them. I am afraid to criticize them. ....other politicians fear them and cannot criticize them fully.

People with mental health issues are treated worse in mental institutions than the IRA convicted prisoners wish to be treated. That is the truth.

And the victims of the Troubles will often spent their lives in and out of hospital for physical and emotional issues. They lives are destroyed. And families lose loved ones for good.

Whatever you think of how the Irish in NI are /were treated. There was another option. There are non affiliated parties the SDLP.

And if you are going to swallow SF ..swallow their communist manifesto too. And don't forget Terrorists are not an army ..they don't screen ..they take ANYONE. And they fund through crime.

And they want to be treated in prison better than the mentally ill....and people call the mentally crazy. NOPE

We had to let them partake in politics ...for the peace process ....they were instrumental in ending violence because they were the ones shooting. And after the gained ground and came to the south ..and gained ground much like trump after economic disaster...

And they are worse than trump.

In fact Gerry Adams met Trump ..years ago.

And yes ...the British at ONE point took a side in NI....but they are still a professional army bound by law...and they really did behave neutrally way before a peace was brokered.

The victims of the troubles are forgotten....In fact the biggest Whining voice of the troubles ..has been the terrorists. And now they lecture us ...they are not pro choice ..their president of the party uses the N word publicly...

SO THAT is what you should think of Sinn Fein and the IRA .And I am not crazy.

And don't go talking about strip searches ...sure wouldn't carl pilkington do that for bet?

Up the MRA up THE IRA ..cop on
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 29-04-17, 17:54.

Comment

Who are you talking to P&F? You seem to be conducting a one person argument.

Comment

For more appropriate weekend postage, check this out from last night's Jools...

See more at http://www.bbc.co.uk/laterJain performs Makeba on Later… with Jools Holland (25 April 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        For more appropriate weekend postage, check this out from last night's Jools...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt2QKsxk0DE
                                                                                                        it's a great tune but watch her video, it's such a cool clip

Official Video for "The Fool" by Jain - https://JAIN.lnk.to/THEFOOLMERCH“The fool, this tightrope walker who walks towards his future. With each of his steps...

Comment

was going to post it here actually a few months ago, but just got sidetracked

Comment

Boxing tonight. Klitschko £8 on round 3 win @ 40/1 with £10 fight lasting under 8.5 rounds @ 4/5 = good chance of no lose night with possible happy days return ?

All I need is to get a good stream ......

Comment

reddit.com/r/boxingstreams later tonight....

Comment

it's a great tune but watch her video, it's such a cool clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Q_lhgGANc
                                                                                                                Ah what a cracking video.

She blew me away last night, such a fresh talent, pretty sure this was her first tune, it's not available on YouTube, another awesome video though...

Official Video for "The Fool" by Jain - https://JAIN.lnk.to/THEFOOLMERCH“The fool, this tightrope walker who walks towards his future. With each of his steps...

Comment

Katie Taylor world champ.
                                                                                                                  On stupidly early in the card. Place was empty

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Katie Taylor world champ.
                                                                                                                    On stupidly early in the card. Place was empty
                                                                                                                    Intercontinental champ. World fight in Oct.

Comment

Where does Karl Pilkington come into it?

Comment

Took a while to get a stable/free stream, found this http://sportival.net/anthony-joshua-...e-live-stream/

admin delete if against rules to post

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                                          Where does Karl Pilkington come into it?
                                                                                                                          He's not as stupid as he looks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X