Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better team won today.
    They matched our strategy of one pass rugby by meeting us at the gain line and winning those collisions.
    Samoa is now a must win game.

Comment

Be very interesting to see can Japan back it up against Scotland.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Schmidt having a pop at the ref. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
            Better team won today.
            They matched our strategy of one pass rugby by meeting us at the gain line and winning those collisions.
            Samoa is now a must win game.
            It was always a must-win game?

Scotland can't finish ahead of us anyway so QF is assured. I suspect Scotland beat Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Im due for a hair cut tomorrow actually.
              Any interest in meeting up for a haircut and a couple of pints? Always wanted to try Lloyds on Amiens st, but find the area a bit intimidating.

Comment

Rounders, highlights of Aus-France 1987 on Eir!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  I'm not an egg ball man but I thought the referee missed a lot of blatant offside from Japan..I have Japan in a sweep. Does this mean Ireland play NZ now or will they still top the group?
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

He was borderline corrupt

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                      I'm not an egg ball man but I thought the referee missed a lot of blatant offside from Japan..I have Japan in a sweep. Does this mean Ireland play NZ now or will they still top the group?
                      If Japan win out (Samoa and Scotland) they top the pool and we play NZ.
                      So we need to win out and hope Japan drop something.

Comment

Ref had a few bob on Japan all right.

Comment

It was always a must-win game?
                          Not really, the unspoken plan was that we'd go into that final pool game on 15 points with next best on just 9 points, so we'd have had the pool won with a game to spare.

Comment

Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1BIn his editorial New Rule, Bill asks white liberals to stop hating on themselves and proposes a "Ho...

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                              You can't really blame him, he just about ignored that there is such a thing as an offside line as long as we were trying to get through the line.
                              There were also a couple of clear knocks / forward passes that you don't normally see missed at this level. Would probably put it down to an inclination to give the host nation a bit of a leg up as underdogs and TBF they didn't play like they needed it but that's no reason for him to ignore it.

Had been hoping that the shock of the tournament would be a turn up in the SA Italy game now it would be fairly sick if that happened and we didn't profit from it!
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mark English's 800m heat at 15:15 and Barr's 400m hurdles semi at 16:05 on BBC for anyone interested.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Japan beating number 1 ranked team in the world. now there's a headline!!

that group is still wide open though. Ireland could still comfortably finish first if Scotland actually show upin their game vs Japan

Comment

Seemed a very bad strategy from English.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Mark English's 800m heat at 15:15 and Barr's 400m hurdles semi at 16:05 on BBC for anyone interested.
                                      Are these times right? Flicked on at 15.15, no sign of Mark English. Watching now again and no sign of Thomas barr

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Are these times right? Flicked on at 15.15, no sign of Mark English. Watching now again and no sign of Thomas barr
                                        Seems bang-on, first semi-final (of 3) just completed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Seems bang-on, first semi-final (of 3) just completed.
                                          Ah. I thought they were the actual race times. Was watching the snooker so when I didnt see the Irish lads I just flicked back to the snooker.

Comment

Ah. I thought they were the actual race times. Was watching the snooker so when I didnt see the Irish lads I just flicked back to the snooker.
                                            Cheers, didn't know the snooker was on, good to know.
                                            Shaun Murphy must have some record for weight fluctuation, was very thin a few months ago and now seems to be heading back to his Augustus Gloop days.

Comment

Shaun Murphy must have some record for weight fluctuation, was very thin a few months ago and now seems to be heading back to his Augustus Gloop days.
                                              Just missed one of the weirdest frames I've ever seen to make it 4-3. Handy enough for Murphy in the end. Final v William's tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah it was the beginning of the event.

V unlucky from Barr, needed 48.66. Some athlete though.

Comment

I was hoping it was the black guy in green shirt as he did well!. After Steve Cram it was all over for the white lads.

Comment

Quality bit of advertising

Comment

Liking this new race that has been added, a mixed-sex 4 x 400.
                                                      One of those ideas where you wonder why it wasn't there all along.

Comment

Are there designated legs for each team for each sex to run, i.e. men legs 2 and 3 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                          Are there designated legs for each team for each sex to run, i.e. men legs 2 and 3 or something?
                                                          Not actually sure, it's new to me as well. Was thinking the same questions as you.

Comment

Seamus Coleman wont be happy with his team mate taking that goal off him. Cracking chip by Coleman, going over the line and yer man heads it in right on the line.

Comment

Seems to be working for him. 3 finals in a row.

Comment

I was at the Morton games last month when they introduced it for the first time. Was entertaining to watch but a little weird. On one leg a guy was up against two girls, girls got about 80m start on him and he romped by them with almost 200 to go.

There was a balance on the teams that night but I'm not sure of the exact rules.

Comment

Seamus Coleman wont be happy with his team mate taking that goal off him. Cracking chip by Coleman, going over the line and yer man heads it in right on the line.
                                                                  +I thought he was slightly offside when Coleman hit it

Comment

Not actually sure, it's new to me as well. Was thinking the same questions as you.
                                                                    They do it in the swim relays as well, and they're so entertaining. They choose their own strategy.

Comment

Wimmin showing their bare legs in Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                        Wimmin showing their bare legs in Qatar.
                                                                        Why wouldn't they?
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some uplifters for you cunce..

"Just One Look" - Doris Troy (1963)"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as c...

His best known song. (1962)THE USE OF ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS USED UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF "FAIR USE" IN TITLE 17 & 107 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE.SUCH MA...

Comment

Booked chapter one 3 months ago for tomorrow night and I've come down with the worst dose I've ever had, 3 days off this week and no sign of getting better. Back to the doctors today. For fuck sake. The mother in law will be happy with a nice night out with her daughter
                                                                            Top class by all accounts and she felt it was fantastic value at €108. The pics she sent looked amazing too so we will definitely be booking it again

Comment

Dom and AJ might even like this one, has a footbally bit in it..

VULFPECK /// Mr. Finish Linebuy on bandcamp → http://vulfpeck.bandcamp.comJack Stratton — drums, composer, mixingTheo Katzman — guitar, vocals, composerWoody...

Comment

Just noticed they've put 6 seasons of Southpark on Netflix. Sweet.

Comment

Omg what a film. Prob the longest I stayed off social media for ages, didn't refill my glass in an hour and was gripped to seat. Holy jaysus, didn't realise was a true story too.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Dom and AJ might even like this one, has a footbally bit in it..
                                                                                    No.

Comment

Billy Bragg playing "Between The Wars" on ToTP. Notice he's playing live, as opposed to miming to a backing track.

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott on the opening night of their Wisdom, Laughter and Lines UK Tour to promote the follow up album to last years highly successful...

An excerpt from the question and answer session from Noam Chomsky lecture MANUFACTURING CONSENT: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF THE MASS MEDIA, delivered on March ...

Comment

Yes.

Comment

This is a poker forum yeah??

Go our Dicey

Gl gl gl
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Had a strange interaction last night.

Had a few people over to mine before we went out. One of the girls, a close friend of my girlfriend, wanted to get ready in mine and landed up with a suitcase. I gave her a wine glass, she sneered the glass, said she was picky (it's a fucking riedel glass). Demanded to put on her spotify playlist (that really grind my gears) She went into my room while I was in the living room. Then took over it. She barged in while I was having a shave and didn't even let me get dressed in peace. In a taxi she started giving me condescending advice for an interview I've next week. Told me I'm really bad at first impressions. When out for dinner, she borrowed money to pay the bill and told me I wasn't getting it back (?). After the night out I had people back, her taxi got in first, and she was outside the apt shouting at me to open the door. Got in, went into my room, and her stuff was strewn everywhere. I blew a gasket, spent several minutes picking it up and dumped it in my hall. Had to air the room to clear her perfume.

I've never had such rude interactions with someone. Can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of how you could act like that. Yet she's great friend to her friends, really thoughtful and reliable. Just complete unawareness and consideration I guess. (she obv dislikes me at the very least at an unconscious level) She was actually mystified (and annoyed!) about why I moved her stuff. It actually wasn't intended malice (despite what it reads like) .I actually find it so baffling.
                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-09-19, 02:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Never thought of you as someone with a girlfriend (not that there's anything wrong with it)

Comment

"hanging in with 18 left"
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Reminded of a few years ago, when AJ (I think) posted about being on a trip away with some single female friends, and him realising why they were still single.

Raoul said something before too about, people who wonder out loud about why they're single.

Comment

I love your slice of life baffled encounters. Not as good as the sociopath but quite enjoyable. If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                      Never thought of you as someone with a girlfriend (not that there's anything wrong with it)
                                                                                                      Ha. I did avoid that by choice for an extended period.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      I love your slice of life baffled encounters. Not as good as the sociopath but quite enjoyable. If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals etc.
                                                                                                      I was going to write that I don't only hang around with unhinged people.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-09-19, 22:51.

Comment

Lou Reed & John Cale - "Nobody But You" (Official Music Video) from the collaborative album 'Songs For Drella' (1990).

Comment

Had a few people over to mine before we went out. One of the girls, a close friend of my girlfriend, wanted to get ready in mine and landed up with a suitcase. I gave her a wine glass, she sneered the glass, said she was picky (it's a fucking riedel glass). Demanded to put on her spotify playlist (that really grind my gears) She went into my room while I was in the living room. Then took over it, I had to negotiate access to have a shower. Even then she barged in while I was having a shave and didn't even let me get dressed in peace. In a taxi she started giving me condescending advice for an interview I've next week. Told me I'm really bad at first impressions. When out for dinner, she borrowed money to pay the bill and told me I wasn't getting it back (?). After the night out I had people back, her taxi got in first, and she was outside the apt shouting at me to open the door. Got in, went into my room, and her stuff was strewn everywhere. I blew a gasket, spent several minutes picking it up and dumped it in my hall. Had to air the room to clear her perfume.

I've never had such rude interactions with someone. Can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of how you could act like that. Yet she's great friend to her friends, really thoughtful and reliable. Just complete unawareness and consideration I guess. (she obv dislikes me at least at an unconscious level) She was actually mystified (and annoyed!) about why I moved her stuff. It actually wasn't intended malice (despite what it reads like) .I actually find it so baffling.
                                                                                                          She fancies you...
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          or your girlfriend... not both though!

Comment

Make a playlist based on this the next time she is over

Maybe warn your missus in advance though

Comment

Less said about that the better

Was fun to watch and play against that lad who came 2nd in the WSOP Main last year at least.

Comment

Saw a play tonight where the only live character on the stage was a chicken.

That doesn't really do it justice. Fascinating play, Beckett's Room, with a stage set without characters. Dialogue was delivered via headphones, and the whole set was as if the characters were on stage: chairs would move, cups hover into the air, everything done on wires.

Even had a sex scene with the bed sheets going up and down.

Comment

Had a few people over to mine before we went out. One of the girls, a close friend of my girlfriend, wanted to get ready in mine and landed up with a suitcase. I gave her a wine glass, she sneered the glass, said she was picky (it's a fucking riedel glass). Demanded to put on her spotify playlist (that really grind my gears) She went into my room while I was in the living room. Then took over it. Even then she barged in while I was having a shave and didn't even let me get dressed in peace. In a taxi she started giving me condescending advice for an interview I've next week. Told me I'm really bad at first impressions. When out for dinner, she borrowed money to pay the bill and told me I wasn't getting it back (?). After the night out I had people back, her taxi got in first, and she was outside the apt shouting at me to open the door. Got in, went into my room, and her stuff was strewn everywhere. I blew a gasket, spent several minutes picking it up and dumped it in my hall. Had to air the room to clear her perfume.

I've never had such rude interactions with someone. Can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of how you could act like that. Yet she's great friend to her friends, really thoughtful and reliable. Just complete unawareness and consideration I guess. (she obv dislikes me at the very least at an unconscious level) She was actually mystified (and annoyed!) about why I moved her stuff. It actually wasn't intended malice (despite what it reads like) .I actually find it so baffling.
                                                                                                                  Best of luck with the interview, as for the rest your girlfriend has just the one mental friend - lucky you

Comment

'Birds' by Denny Crane

Comment

Denny what part of bitches be crazy do you not understand. Stuff is mild .

Comment

Dominant stuff by Wales so far. Very impressive.

Comment

This game delivers. Ferocious forward battle and brilliant back play all over the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X