Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
    Aphex Twin live streaming his London show at Printworks about to start...

b.
    Good? Assume the set will be available somewhere
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Paging Kayroo, paging Kayroo...

Can’t see the tweet...
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        Can’t see the tweet...
        Brett Kavanaugh should start suing people for liable, or the Justice Department should come to his rescue. The lies being told about him are unbelievable. False Accusations without recrimination. When does it stop? They are trying to influence his opinions. Can’t let that happen!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Good? Assume the set will be available somewhere
          Only caught the first hour. It was good but not a big divergence, both visually or in track selection, from other recent sets available online.

0:00:00-0:02:31 sounds, intro0:02:32-0:07:10 Red Bull Music Festival 2019 - London trk1 ("unreleased afx”)0:06:23-0:10:01 Leo Anibaldi - Muta B20:07:23-0:12:...
          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 15-09-19, 14:59.

Comment

Went to a Quaker meeting this morning in Rathfarnham. Quite the strange set up to me anyway. There is no service or structure. Everyone just sits in the same room and prays in silence, or reads the bible. If anyone wants to stand up and share their thoughts, they just go ahead and do it in their own time. Only one person did in the entire hour.
            I just read some of John's Gospel. Still think Jesus' miracles were a cheap parlour trick, not worthy of anyone even claiming to be divine. The new testament ain't no Bhagavad Gita.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Fairytale stuff in the ladies golf. Compelling viewing.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Dug up the rest of the spuds during the week. Averaged 360g per Maris piper plant, and 580g on the king Edwards. Also sharpened my hoe for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  We are WAY past the point of taking him even remotely seriously when he starts into that surely?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    Dug up the rest of the spuds during the week. Averaged 360g per Maris piper plant, and 580g on the king Edwards. Also sharpened my hoe for the first time.
                    Can't be talking about your hoes man.

Disrespectful.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Can't be talking about your hoes man.

Disrespectful.
                      I didn't even know it was a Dutch hoe. Makes it (or them?) much sexier

Comment

I didn't even know it was a Dutch hoe. Makes it (or them?) much sexier
                        Tall hoes in Holland. I'm there a lot at present.

Apparently the reason they have tall hoes is because they were the first people to embrace a dairy-rich diet.

Tall hoes need tall people to handle them.

Comment

Went to a Quaker meeting this morning in Rathfarnham. Quite the strange set up to me anyway. There is no service or structure. Everyone just sits in the same room and prays in silence, or reads the bible. If anyone wants to stand up and share their thoughts, they just go ahead and do it in their own time. Only one person did in the entire hour.
                          I just read some of John's Gospel. Still think Jesus' miracles were a cheap parlour trick, not worthy of anyone even claiming to be divine. The new testament ain't no Bhagavad Gita.

Quaker funerals are interesting. A period of quiet reflection and then people are invited to share their thoughts about the deceased.

Leading to the classic joke:

"Can't anyone say something good about the dead man?"

<long silence>

"His brother was worse!"

Comment

Paging Kayroo.

What way will the SC swing in the UK this week? (And, in the political context, does it matter?)

Comment

I was fairly content not having any TV shows (as all the ones I like seem to involve violence), but then this month I realised Peaky Blinders is back, Knightfall had season 2, Top Boy has an unexpected season 3, Mr Inbetween season 2 has started, and there is a Netflix series of The Dark Crystal (love the Skeksis).

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                I was fairly content not having any TV shows (as all the ones I like seem to involve violence), but then this month I realised Peaky Blinders is back, Knightfall had season 2, Top Boy has an unexpected season 3, Mr Inbetween season 2 has started, and there is a Netflix series of The Dark Crystal (love the Skeksis).
                                Top Boy is decent but not as good as the first 2 seasons a few years ago. Same actors tho.

The Spy was good I thought and worth a spin at only 6 episodes

Comment

Quakers need to stick their hand up more and discuss otherwise we might have avoided Ice Cream Wars in Waterford.

Comment

I was disappointed at the lack of chocolate treats.

Comment

I was disappointed at the lack of chocolate treats.
                                      Prods (especially Northern ones) for the baking CC!

Comment

Prods (especially Northern ones) for the baking CC!
                                        Just that Cadbury, Rowntree, and Fry's were all Quakers. Meh prefer my chocolate extremely black. (insert cock pun!)

Comment

Academy Award nominee Eddie Murphy portrays real-life legend Rudy Ray Moore, a comedy and rap pioneer who proved naysayers wrong when his hilarious, obscene,...

Comment

on topic (unashamed pun)

but big revelation (unashamed pun ), Snickers are going back to being Marathon (not on july 19th Doughal) ,

Comment

Any chance Twix will go back to being Raider?

Comment

Paging Kayroo.

What way will the SC swing in the UK this week? (And, in the political context, does it matter?)
                                                Be surprised if they don’t follow the English High Court but there’s one issue that sticks out to me: it appears the Government lied to the Scottish Court of Sessions. Which is likely why the Scottish court drew inferences that they also lied to the Queen. Not sure that came out in the Welsh, English and Northern Irish Courts.

That being said, I would still say the most likely outcome is they say the issue is non-justiciable and therefore the court has no role to make a judgment.

As to the second part of your question - it is the nightmare scenario for a democracy when the Executive ignores the judiciary. That pretty much brings an end to the rule of law.

Comment

This is new vg

Also season 2 elite is out, Spanish same few, actors, that were in money heist also excellent if you haven't seen
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

sharpened my hoe for the first time.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

There's also Warrior (a western adventure from a concept by Bruce Lee). Think Banshee with cowboys and Asians.
                                                      Also, watch the fuck out of Banshee if you already haven't
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Dermot Bannon is giving a home event talk in work this week for an hour or so, I'm considering going now after Joe & Mary's appearance on Room to Improve last night.

It was quite funny, it felt like a throwback

Comment

so just got a phenomenal upgrade deal but can't choose between the huawei p30 pro and the google pixel 3 xl.

i currently have the pixel 2 xl and absolutely love it but seems like a no brainer to upgrade seeing as it'll cost me a lot less than what i'm paying now

any opinions on either?

Comment

Other end of of the spectrum

Any opinions on Cubot phones?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              Be surprised if they don’t follow the English High Court but there’s one issue that sticks out to me: it appears the Government lied to the Scottish Court of Sessions. Which is likely why the Scottish court drew inferences that they also lied to the Queen. Not sure that came out in the Welsh, English and Northern Irish Courts.

That being said, I would still say the most likely outcome is they say the issue is non-justiciable and therefore the court has no role to make a judgment.

As to the second part of your question - it is the nightmare scenario for a democracy when the Executive ignores the judiciary. That pretty much brings an end to the rule of law.

Quite a weekend...

Infantile comparisons to superheros

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution has been accused of diverting donations to give burkinis to Muslim women in Africa while laying off staff in the UK.The charity’s spending on lifesaving schemes overseas is rising by more than 10 per cent this year. It said this week that it was preparing to c

The Time fires up the dogwhistle
                                                              the gammon answer (tread read)

Two official documents this week reveal that our Government feels no legal responsibility for securing our food supplies in an emergency – neither fire, flood, disease epidemic, conflict, supply chain disruption, nor no-deal Brexit.

Government states it has no duty to secure food in event of crisis

The flaw in the Benn Act

Labour and Lib Dems continue to eat each other
                                                              assorted twitter handbags
                                                              (LD in bed with Tories in Scotland,
                                                              Labour anti semites,
                                                              40% Lib Dem MPs werent elected LibDem MPs,
                                                              Labor advisor found to have committed gender-based harassment of a female colleague, a judge has ruled.)
                                                              etc etc
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                so just got a phenomenal upgrade deal but can't choose between the huawei p30 pro and the google pixel 3 xl.

i currently have the pixel 2 xl and absolutely love it but seems like a no brainer to upgrade seeing as it'll cost me a lot less than what i'm paying now

any opinions on either?
                                                                Pixel 4 is due shortly with improved low light photography and new technology which allows the phone to recognise hand gestures and execute commands without you touching it.

Given that the camera is possibly the Pixels greatest asset it might be worth waiting a month to see how good it is.

Comment

5 TIMES

#DublinSupremacy
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                    Pixel 4 is due shortly with improved low light photography and new technology which allows the phone to recognise hand gestures and execute commands without you touching it.

Given that the camera is possibly the Pixels greatest asset it might be worth waiting a month to see how good it is.
                                                                    A friend has the pixel 3 and low light photography is already pretty amazing on it,and Can't say that hand signs would sway me.

The problem with waiting for the pixel 4 is the fact my contract will then cost more not less!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      Other end of of the spectrum

Any opinions on Cubot phones?
                                                                      I've had 2, yes I'm an extreme cheapskate when it comes to phones. Didn't have any problems with them, though I've never had a high end phone so have nothing to compare them to. Not having NFC is the only reason I probably won't get one again.

Comment

As mush as I dislike them, I gots to applaud the times and the mail for their excellent fundraising drive for the RNLI this morning

Comment

I've had 2, yes I'm an extreme cheapskate when it comes to phones. Didn't have any problems with them, though I've never had a high end phone so have nothing to compare them to. Not having NFC is the only reason I probably won't get one again.
                                                                          They seem to be upping their game over last year or so thats why im asking

Cheapskate myself, brand is just brand, software the same, hardware is hardware!

Comment

A friend has the pixel 3 and low light photography is already pretty amazing on it,and Can't say that hand signs would sway me.

The problem with waiting for the pixel 4 is the fact my contract will then cost more not less!!!
                                                                            The P20 is flawless, if the P30 is another step up it must be amazing altogether!
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              The P20 is flawless, if the P30 is another step up it must be amazing altogether!
                                                                              don't matter how good it is until political opinion stops seeing Huawei as a danger and risks not having updates for it available via the Google Play store.
                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I have the mate 20 Pro. Best phone I ever had. Battery life amazing. Super charge also amazing. Camera unbelievable!
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

As mush as I dislike them, I gots to applaud the times and the mail for their excellent fundraising drive for the RNLI this morning
                                                                                  LOL, just donated to them again myself a while back, much grá for the RNLI - I'm guessing they've raised more in the last 24 hours than on any day previously!

Comment

I see The Shelbourne is closer to removing their revolving doors. Clock is ticking if you want to take your tumble and get some loots

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      don't matter how good it is until political opinion stops seeing Huawei as a danger and risks not having updates for it available via the Google Play store.
                                                                                      This is definitely playing on my mind, another thing is I love the Google phones as they are pure android. No bloatwear, day one updates etc.. Camera wise, they both have pros and cons, and are both amazing. Really struggling to make up my mind.

Comment

Comment

Taking Back Control.

Luxemburgers seem to make great politicians. BoJo comprehensively humiliated.

Comment

Another ill advised presser

?s=20

Comment

Ordered the note 10+ this morning,got £400 trade in and cashback on top for it so decided to pull the trigger.
                                                                                              For work the Note9 has been a phenomenal device,there is a great workflow to using the S Pen, can jot down notes/jobs/ideas as they come, take a pic of something and mark it up, scan in a document and comment then its in a Onenote Section on my Surface as well when I need to do some typing.
                                                                                              Everyone above Manager level in work we have shifted onto same platform, it makes things flow really smoothly.
                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

IPB appearing in a very weird format on my phone (Chrome). Big black border and things like the thanks button in a new format.

What have I done and how do I undo it?

Comment

IPB appearing in a very weird format on my phone (Chrome). Big black border and things like the thanks button in a new format.

What have I done and how do I undo it?
                                                                                                  Bottom left of the page is a drop down menu. You can change your style in there, you should find the one you were on.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Bottom left of the page is a drop down menu. You can change your style in there, you should find the one you were on.
                                                                                                    Awesome, fixed.

'Imagination Dark Blue' not recommended.

Comment

Italian pundits trying to find new tactical ways to stop attackers....

The show was debating Lukaku’s impact for Inter so far since joining Manchester United in the summer and Passirani said: “Lukaku is one of the best signings that Inter could have made. I don’t see another player like him on any other team in Italy. He is one of the strongest, I like him a lot because he has that strength: he is the twin of (Duvan) Zapata at Atalanta.”

He then added: “They have something extra that the rest don’t have, and then they score the goals and drag your team forward. This guy kills you in the one-on-ones, if you try to challenge him you wind up on the floor. Either you have 10 bananas to eat, that you give to him, or . . .”

Comment

Hitch taking a break from twitter too. Hope it works out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Italian pundits trying to find new tactical ways to stop attackers....

The show was debating Lukaku’s impact for Inter so far since joining Manchester United in the summer and Passirani said: “Lukaku is one of the best signings that Inter could have made. I don’t see another player like him on any other team in Italy. He is one of the strongest, I like him a lot because he has that strength: he is the twin of (Duvan) Zapata at Atalanta.”

He then added: “They have something extra that the rest don’t have, and then they score the goals and drag your team forward. This guy kills you in the one-on-ones, if you try to challenge him you wind up on the floor. Either you have 10 bananas to eat, that you give to him, or . . .”
                                                                                                          Sure the Inter "fans" released a statement saying monkey chants are part of the game in Italy and he will have to deal with it. Sick cunts

Comment

Ireland in the 80's without the butter vouchers

Away from the drama in London, what's actually going on in Brexit Britain?Subscribe to The Guardian on YouTube ► http://bit.ly/subscribegdnIn Wigan, Bury, Ma...

Comment

Awesome, fixed.

'Imagination Dark Blue' not recommended.
                                                                                                              I think that's the best one. It's the one I use, and the default if not logged in I believe.

Comment

I'm a bingo man personally, easily the cleanest looking.

Imagination dark blue is an abomination when logged in.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

This is definitely playing on my mind, another thing is I love the Google phones as they are pure android. No bloatwear, day one updates etc.. Camera wise, they both have pros and cons, and are both amazing. Really struggling to make up my mind.
                                                                                                                  Spent quite a while debating this for both myself and wife recently. Camera was the main thing for her and having seen both went for p30. Was before the talk of removal from play store but so far so good and both delighted with the phone. Camera is incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Funkymonk View Post
                                                                                                                    Spent quite a while debating this for both myself and wife recently. Camera was the main thing for her and having seen both went for p30. Was before the talk of removal from play store but so far so good and both delighted with the phone. Camera is incredible
                                                                                                                    Camera is always the biggest draw for me also. Got rid of my DSLR years ago, and just use my phone now for photos. Checked in depth reviews of both. p30 takes it for night time shots but pixel 3 takes it for day time shots. P30 doesn't seem to handle strong/harsh lighting and contrast very well.
                                                                                                                    If it wasn't for the google and play store issue, i would've probably gone for the p30, just to change it up and try something new, but it's too big an issue to ignore if you intend to have your phone for a few years. The pixel 2 is an awesome phone, and am still perfectly happy with it, and they say the pixel 3 is even better, so i went with the safer option of the pixel 3 XL.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      I think that's the best one. It's the one I use, and the default if not logged in I believe.
                                                                                                                      Me too.

Comment

Ireland in the 80's without the butter vouchers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL40hxp8Iqg
                                                                                                                        Feck! that is grim.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          Me too.
                                                                                                                          Change is scary for old people such as myself

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X