Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So fun

Comment

Malta, I know someone here lives there and a few have been. When i look at a break after xmas this year, Malta seem the best option . Good flights, some spectacular hotels.

Looks like the kind of place ill be wonder how i left it this long.

Anyway 5 nights after 26th dec, seems the right combination of cost , class hotel, and weather maybe.
      sigpic
      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
        Malta, I know someone here lives there and a few have been. When i look at a break after xmas this year, Malta seem the best option . Good flights, some spectacular hotels.

Anyway 5 nights after 26th dec, seems the right combination of cost , class hotel, and weather maybe.
        Its like Ballymun in the sun. Ask the FDs they'll tell ya and what not. It is what it is. Enjoy . So fun.

Comment

Weather is hit and miss, should be nice enough right through to mid/late December but there are always a few storms that last a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            Not a sniff thus far but I have some leads that I’m hoping work out. You?
            We're normally sorted out through the club in one way or another. My old man is a bit jittery about it because he hasn't done anything around tickets for the last few finals and is a bit out of the loop but I'd say it should be ok.

We were absolutely adamant on the way up to Navan that no way were we going to the final (unless Mayo beat Dublin). My father had even booked flights to Spain for the Friday before the match. By Tuesday afternoon we had cracked and he's had cancelled the holiday. I'm trying to see it as a growth opportunity to add 'gracious loser' to my long list of characteristics. Also gradually convincing myself that we're definitely going win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              The red card decision/discussion is just a distraction away from the fact that it was the worst refereeing performance in the recent history of senior inter county gaa.
              What was so bad about it? As a non-expert, I found it a boring enough game that was effectively over with 25 mins to play - but how did the ref contribute negatively to that?
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                We're normally sorted out through the club in one way or another. My old man is a bit jittery about it because he hasn't done anything around tickets for the last few finals and is a bit out of the loop but I'd say it should be ok.

We were absolutely adamant on the way up to Navan that no way were we going to the final (unless Mayo beat Dublin). My father had even booked flights to Spain for the Friday before the match. By Tuesday afternoon we had cracked and he's had cancelled the holiday. I'm trying to see it as a growth opportunity to add 'gracious loser' to my long list of characteristics. Also gradually convincing myself that we're definitely going win.
                The Yerra has been kicked into an all-time high for this game. Thought Peter Keane’s line about getting Kelly 3 pairs of boots because they’d be worn out kicking the ball out to Dublin was funny.

I always get more and more convinced we are going to lose the closer the game gets. A deeply ingrained pessimism from the experiences of the entire 2000s. Your forwards are the stuff of dreams, but so are ours. If anything I think our forwards are under-rated (Howard and Scully in particular).

Midfield is a HUGE battle. To win I think Kerry need to absolutely monster Fenton. The ultimate hammer the hammer job. But I don’t know if it’s possible to do that to Fenton. He’s current footballer of the year and he’s definitely better this year than last.

I’d be surprised if you defended the same way against us that you did against Tyrone. If you do, well it’ll be one hell of a shootout if you do. My head knows we are favorites but the pessimism is strong. It’s the biggest game this Dublin team have ever played. They are the most prohibitive favorites going into an All Ireland final ever. But they are prone to slow starts in a final. Even Tyrone last year raced into a 0-6 to 0-1 lead. That really concerns me.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Don't worry Kayroo sure the refs in our pocket or haven't you heard. Great cute hoorism to get in the refs head. We might be down a player by half time too. Dublin by 8 and only Kerry will give them credit and maybe Joe Duffy Brolly. ( edit. and Gab)

Comment

Kerry wont keep it kicked out to Dublin. The Kerry full back line are in for the most torturous 70 minutes of their life. Fenton is 100% beast mode and talk of subduing him is skin to talk of me hooking up with Kate Moss - neither will happen.
                    This is what I think on a rational level. Particularly about the Kerry full back line. Rock, Mannion and O’Callaghan can eat them alive. Fenton is basically playing the game with cheat codes at this stage. His catch over both O’Shea brothers in the semi was outrageous.

The doubt comes from an irrational place. We were big favorites in 2009 also and got beaten by 17 points. It won’t happen again, or rather shouldn’t happen again, but the thought remains stuck in my mind

Comment

Someone told me that Dublin have beaten the spread in their last 17 championship matches. That can't be true can it
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Someone told me that Dublin have beaten the spread in their last 17 championship matches. That can't be true can it
                        No it’s not true. They’ve beaten it in every game this year but last year they matched the spread twice anyway, and I think failed to beat it once.

Comment

The Yerra has been kicked into an all-time high for this game. Thought Peter Keane’s line about getting Kelly 3 pairs of boots because they’d be worn out kicking the ball out to Dublin was funny.
                          Yera, Kelly wont start. Itll be Shane Ryan, just as he has started every game so far. Also thought that line was a good one. Peter Keane is a good man for the interviews, straight forward and doesn't take himself too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Yera, Kelly wont start. Itll be Shane Ryan, just as he has started every game so far. Also thought that line was a good one. Peter Keane is a good man for the interviews, straight forward and doesn't take himself too seriously
                            Of course Ryan starts, sorry my error

Comment

referee post snip .
                              This is 100% right. He was awful as a referee and the focus on the red card is saving him. I wonder how much of it was down to the RTE producers having access to their mics? The only significant decision he got right was the red card and for that he had time to discuss with his linesman. James Owens is a fantastic referee and I honestly think the thought of his decisions being criticized in real time affected him.

Comment

Kerry wont keep it kicked out to Dublin. The Kerry full back line are in for the most torturous 70 minutes of their life. Fenton is 100% beast mode and talk of subduing him is skin to talk of me hooking up with Kate Moss - neither will happen.
                                She's too old for you GAB, need to update your references.

Comment

45 years old begob.

Strewel will tell us she'll be coming into her prime about 2036.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    45 years old begob.

Strewel will tell us she'll be coming into her prime about 2036.
                                    She'd be a lot finer if she'd left the blow alone.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                      That’s frustrating but well it is what it is
                                      Not a sniff thus far but I have some leads that I’m hoping work out. You?
                                      Got offered €750 for a pair of Hogan stand tix earlier in the week which I kept for a relation but shows how much demand remains out there. I found in 2012 the 2-3days before are your best bet as big money out of the market by then.

Comment

Yeah, those days (with no bouncer restrictions) were actually silly in retrospect though.

Although of that golden generation of WI quicks, Malcolm Marshall was the purest and best of them by far. A comparitively small man too.
                                        What’s a bouncer restriction?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          Its like Ballymun in the sun. Ask the FDs they'll tell ya and what not. It is what it is. Enjoy . So fun.

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                          Weather is hit and miss, should be nice enough right through to mid/late December but there are always a few storms that last a couple of days.
                                          Most Decembers i'm wrapped up in warm clothes dodging the rain

Will be warmer outside than in the majority of houses in December though, but i wouldn't be expecting to go swimming or get a sun tan Aidan! There's different areas to stay depending on what you want, but they always lead to the partylife in Paceville. Everywhere is in a stone's throw of each other though. There's not a lot of hotels that are spectacular tbh. 5 star in Malta isn't really 5 star anywhere else! Give me a shout if you want to opinions on any hotels or areas.

MrsF will probably be along soon to plug her hotel It is a pretty cool place to stay with an amazing pool and places to eat though!

Liberate the senses, stimulate the mind. If it's time to immerse yourself in relaxation, the Salini Resort awaits.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                            Got offered €750 for a pair of Hogan stand tix earlier in the week which I kept for a relation but shows how much demand remains out there. I found in 2012 the 2-3days before are your best bet as big money out of the market by then.
                                            Either I’ll pick one up by connections in the next week or I’ll wait until the few days beforehand when a lot of loose tickets usually work their way into the open. Kerry in particular, lads bring the 4th ticket with them even though the lad they had for it couldn’t make it. So there’s usually a decent trade in tickets on the day.

This year though... could be beyond even my ability!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                              What’s a bouncer restriction?
                                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncer_(cricket)

So you can only bowl a max of two bouncers per over in Test cricket. As opposed to trying to hit the batsman in the head every ball, which you could do pre 1994.

Comment

There were arguably up to 3 frees not given in the melee before Hogan got the red. As a result Hogan gets riled up and gets himself a red. (The red itself was fine imo)

In the first half he gave Tipp a 20 yard free and when doing so signalled it for an arm around the neck. The arm only went around the neck a yard inside the box in which case the foul for which he signalled should have resulted in a Tipp penalty.

In the last 20 minutes KK should have been in receipt of at least 3 - 4 frees inside their attacking 45 but in each case he just let them roll.

Plenty more but thats what sticks in my mind. Penalty a total disgrace. Had Tipp lost by 1 point it would be the only thing people would focus on but instead now its not getting a mention.
                                                I can't quite recall any particularly poor missed free in the lead up to the Hogan incident but it seemed a blatant yellow card when Hogan was caught, that seemed to be the catalyst for his frustration.

Totally agree with the missed penalty decision, I can understand how it's missed as the defender usually gets the benefit of the attacker being fouled outside but momentum takes them inside.

The question that remains now is whether Dublin can beat Kerry by an equally big margin.

Comment

I was at a hotel with the little one from the 27th of Dec for a few days. There were people by the pool! when you live here, you find it cold, but it is warm for folks that don't.

As Bohsman says, you can get storms, but that seems to be more Jan/Feb time and not as much at Christmas.

What area are you staying in? if you tell me the hotel you are looking at I can give you an honest opinion as we hear lots about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                    The question that remains now is whether Dublin can beat Kerry by an equally big margin.
                                                    Obviously I want Kerry to win. But in the highly likely event of Dublin winning. I just hope it's in single digits. 9 points would be bearable to me since Dublin seem to win most games by more than 10 points. Jesus if it's a whitewash we will never hear the end of it.

Comment

Obviously I want Kerry to win. But in the highly likely event of Dublin winning. I just hope it's in single digits. 9 points would be bearable to me since Dublin seem to win most games by more than 10 points. Jesus if it's a whitewash we will never hear the end of it.
                                                      Zod will even resurface for that.

Comment

Zod will even resurface for that.
                                                        He might. Didnt take him long to get bored with his supremacy shtick tho.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          I was at a hotel with the little one from the 27th of Dec for a few days. There were people by the pool! when you live here, you find it cold, but it is warm for folks that don't.

As Bohsman says, you can get storms, but that seems to be more Jan/Feb time and not as much at Christmas.

What area are you staying in? if you tell me the hotel you are looking at I can give you an honest opinion as we hear lots about them.
                                                          I know Flushdraw isnt the tallest but dont rub it in

Comment

Didnt think I’d live to see the day...

via Imgflip Meme Generator
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 19-08-19, 17:41.

Comment

Pep subs out David Silva and brings in Gabriel Jesus.
                                                              Peter Drury: Silva for Jesus, a move Judas Iscariot would have be proud of.🤩

Comment

I want Kerry to win the game but for the bigger picture and my overall theory that if remained unchecked Dublin might have perpetual dominance, I hope Dublin hammer Kerry and continue to dominate until some changes are made.

Comment

Moving in a couple of weeks and need broadband. Considering paying to bundle TV with it for hassle-free HD sports. What's my best option?

And do I need to order now or is the turnaround for installation quick?

Comment

Pretty incredible story, that's some Fckme valuation on the company, 47Bn!

Comment

Its a terribad article that displays absolutely no knowledge or research beyond C&P'ing tired cliches from other dismal think pieces
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-08-19, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                        Moving in a couple of weeks and need broadband. Considering paying to bundle TV with it for hassle-free HD sports. What's my best option?

And do I need to order now or is the turnaround for installation quick?
                                                                        Sent you pm.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Its a terribad article that displays absolutely no knowledge or research beyond C&P'ing tired cliches from other dismal think pieces
                                                                          Pointing out that WeWork is overvalued is insightful cutting edge journalism imo. She hates anything tech related, her ideal economy would revolve around comely maidens dancing at the crossroads spoken word poets in squats.

She didn't even mention the best bit about WeWork

In January 2019, the company decided to change the legal name of WeWork to We Company and according to the August 2019 Form S-1 filing, the firm paid $6 million to license the name from an entity called We Holdings owned by Adam Neumann and additional WeWork founders.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Pointing out that WeWork is overvalued is insightful cutting edge journalism imo. She hates anything tech related, her ideal economy would revolve around comely maidens dancing at the crossroads spoken word poets in squats.

She didn't even mention the best bit about WeWork
                                                                            I like that a critique of the power of word salad has it in spades throughout its body

from experience shared workspaces are great for mixers and free beer but add very little in actual value. The blurb of shared environments sparking innovation if amazing bullshit. Most people want to work and get through the day, if anything creating an environment that is one step up from working in your jocks on the couch is a drain on productivity if you are alone and an utterly pointless endevour if you are in a larger team
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

this is doing my head in.
                                                                              tip of the tongue stuff.
                                                                              what is the song on the current Budweiser ad running on sky
                                                                              its an emd song from early 2000's I think
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Read some of the comments. Jesus. Obviously loads are Russian bots (I hope!) but even so, some of these people who are now screaming 'you can't just dump the backstop Boris, you must dump the entire WA... or you are a TRAITOR!' must be real life UK citizens?!

If there isn't a No Deal to satisfy these people, surely their anger will result in some kind of internal revolution? And No Deal will also result in internal revolution a year or two down the line, after the impact is felt?

The UK is so, so, so fucked. And we won't be able to avoid being contaminated somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                  Jesus Christ.

Read some of the comments. Jesus. Obviously loads are Russian bots (I hope!) but even so, some of these people who are now screaming 'you can't just dump the backstop Boris, you must dump the entire WA... or you are a TRAITOR!' must be real life UK citizens?!

If there isn't a No Deal to satisfy these people, surely their anger will result in some kind of internal revolution? And No Deal will also result in internal revolution a year or two down the line, after the impact is felt?

The UK is so, so, so fucked. And we won't be able to avoid being contaminated somehow.
                                                                                  I can kind of sorta see the thinking behind it

The UK has basically no leverage except to do nothing at the Irish border and let the EU build a border if they want one. I know there are issues with that at the WTO but there will be a bit of time to let events play out.

If the EU/Ireland put up a border then they own it. If they don't put up a border then the backstop is proved to be a hoax all along. If it starts to look to Varadkar that this will be his 2 options in a no-deal scanario (and Johnson can demonstrate a route to no-deal without parliament stopping him) then he might have to move.

Any movement by varadker is political suicide and would cast FG onto the ash heap for "taking the soup".

The problem with this idea is that assumes Tusk will allow his legacy to be pissed on byBoris and that the WTO won't slap the UK down for ignoring a border

from tusk
                                                                                  The backstop is an insurance to avoid a hard border on the island of Ireland unless and until an alternative is found. Those against the backstop and not proposing realistic alternatives in fact support reestablishing a border. Even if they do not admit it
                                                                                  I would wager Bojos tactic is not to negotiate at all but rather to throw shit at the wall on his whistle stop tour of Europe then blame the big bad EU when he gets home not not believing in Brexit enough.

Comment

Scenes at the Palio on Saturday as a riderless horse wins, and supporters of the first mounted horse to finish didn't realise. Their City/VAR moment.

Palio con forti emozioni fino all'ultimo e un cavallo straordinario!Sono sicuro che a Siena i cavalli vengono trattati come divinità, non vi sono maltrattame...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Scenes at the Palio on Saturday as a riderless horse wins, and supporters of the first mounted horse to finish didn't realise. Their City/VAR moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2AcQrkzSqA
                                                                                      Judging by the colours it's obviously another blatant Kerry bias. Bet you the stewards were from Pisa or local anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        Anyone any idea what Leeds is like as a city? Thinking about heading over for a gig in November. Will be at the gig for a few hours at night but just wondering if there is anything worth doing during the day or what the night life in general is like?
                                                                                        I go over 2-3 times a year for soccer but the places I'd drink for that wouldn't be ones to recommend. I always look up nice places for the evening/night and they don't pan out as the scheduled. Bowers Tap on Briggate is decent. Craft beers, pizza etc. Stayed near it in Cosmopolitan Hotel. Good, reasonably priced central hotel with a very nice cafe next door (Moments) for breakfast. The Ship Inn further up Briggate is a cozy little boozer. Archies Kitchen in Granary Wharf is a great spot during the day for food and drink and is very close to train/bus to airport for a final pit-stop before leaving. Have been to tonnes of other places around Headrow/The Calls/Greek St but none that stand out too much. The Stone Roses late-night venue has been on my hit-list (always optimistic that I'll last until 6am) and so has Bundobust and Indian street-food place. Haven't made either yet but going over on Sept 21st so if I find anywhere new I'll let you know. Can always pass on the other recommended pubs if you decided to catch a match during your stay!!!!!

Comment

For those of you who were interested in Lord Sumption’s Reith Lecture Series, below is a link to a very interesting refutation of that series. It doesn’t pull many punches either.

In the 2019 Reith Lectures Lord Sumption argues that law is taking over the space once occupied by politics. Is it really the time and the place for reduced accountability to the law?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                            Judging by the colours it's obviously another blatant Kerry bias. Bet you the stewards were from Pisa or local anyway.
                                                                                            These jokes are getting VERY Mayo-esque...

Comment

For those of you who were interested in Lord Sumption’s Reith Lecture Series, below is a link to a very interesting refutation of that series. It doesn’t pull many punches either.

https://www.counselmagazine.co.uk/ar...se-to-sumption
                                                                                              Certain elements of the lectures seemed quite logical to me at the time but definitely craters of knowledge gaps for me to critique. However, one thing resonated at the time as very dubious and it was addreased in the above:

He justifies a ‘class of professional political intermediaries’ and the ‘elitist view’ that they contribute‘a more reflective approach, a broader outlook and a lot more information than their electors’: ‘… all political systems are aristocracies of knowledge’.

Comment

Might well have made the post the last time I was at Michael's but the duck and mushroom arancini there are ridiculous
                                                                                                Last edited by Ed; 20-08-19, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                  Certain elements of the lectures seemed quite logical to me at the time but definitely craters of knowledge gaps for me to critique. However, one thing resonated at the time as very dubious and it was addreased in the above:

He justifies a ‘class of professional political intermediaries’ and the ‘elitist view’ that they contribute‘a more reflective approach, a broader outlook and a lot more information than their electors’: ‘… all political systems are aristocracies of knowledge’.
                                                                                                  Same as it ever was.

Comment

Anyone signing up to Stadia Founder's Edition?

I plan to as soon as I sell my Sony shares.
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone signing up to Stadia Founder's Edition?

I plan to as soon as I sell my Sony shares.
                                                                                                      Do you see it as a changer ? You would need decent BB speeds, I assume everything is off the cloud, so offline gaming would not be possible ?

Considering the last game i played was bomberman on the NES, im a bit out of the loop...
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Just when you think you'd seen and heard it all...

Comment

Probably posted already . Genius

Comment

Starting to think Trump might actually have been serious about buying Greenland.

Thrown a strop now because Denmark won't discuss it.

Comment

Food based highlight of the trip was easily the Misunderstood Heron in Leenaun, if anyone is down near Clifden, well worth a visit:
                                                                                                              SPOILER

Comment

Starting to think Trump might actually have been serious about buying Greenland.

Its probably the most sensible idea he's had since 2007.

Comment

According to Tom Newton Dunn, pol corr for the Sun, Boris's big idea to replace the backstop is that we should join a special area of regulatory divergence form the EU along with UK and NI.

That means he's going to Europe today to tell them he doesn't give a fuck, he has parliament by the balls, opposition are too disorganised tio stop no deal in parliament. No deal is now policy.

Next few months are gonna be some ride

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A wise man once said ‘there are only two certainties in life: death and taxes.’ The wise man was only half right – neither death nor taxes ever reckoned with the Leinster Senior Cup.

A wise man once said ‘there are only two certainties in life: death and taxes.’ The wise man was only half right – neither death nor taxes ever reckoned with the Leinster Senior Cup.

Were either to do so, they’d be caught out for their codology: as a largely amateur endeavour, the Leinster Senior Cup reckons not with taxes; and, as we’ll learn, it never dies.

The Leinster Senior Cup is unique in world football in that it never stops – there is never a time, imagined or real, when the Leinster Senior Cup is not happening.

It’s the only football competition that starts before it starts and ends after it ends – it exists on a continuum of time blissfully unaware of, and uncaring of, men nor women.

The Champions League may come close – just 24 days passed between the final between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur on June 1st and the first preliminary rounds.

England’s FA Cup is even stricter still – a full three months passed between Manchester City’s trouncing of Watford in the final and the beginning of the next season’s competition.

Both UEFA and the English FA are prisoners to rules – those jobsworths have no appreciation of the anarchism and lack of structure that makes a true cup competition.

Six months have passed since holders Dundalk were eliminated by Athlone Town in the first game of the fourth round.

Dundalk aren’t actually the holders – they haven’t won it since they beat Shamrock Rovers in 2015 after the 2016 competition had already begun – but you didn’t know that, and that’s the point.

Next year’s competition is due to start in the coming weeks and yet the fourth round of last year’s competition is still ongoing.

No date has been set for the tie between North End United and Longford Town, and the fourth round of this year’s cup may yet outlast the early rounds of next year’s.

League of Ireland clubs have long been excused the first three rounds of the cup and, added to a calendar-year season in the league, scheduling has long ceased to make any sense.

The Leinster Senior Cup occupies a plain of existence no other cup competition in world football can reach – or even contemplate – so bound are they by arbitrary concepts like time.

I’ve been roundly ridiculed for my everlasting love of the Leinster Senior Cup – or maybe not, I haven’t done any research – but there’s a reason it’s the oldest senior cup competition in Ireland.

Killester Donnycarney knocked Shamrock Rovers out of the fourth round of the 2018-19 Leinster Senior Cup.

The club came only into existence last July following a merger between Killester United and Donnycarney, two months before the 2017-18 final between Shelbourne and St Patrick’s Athletic.

When this season’s cup kicked off, they didn’t exist for the purposes of the competition they were playing in. Confused? You should be. Nobody cares. It’s the Leinster Senior Cup.

Sheriff YC play Drogheda United in the fourth round of the Leinster Senior Cup on Wednesday. When they started, they were an AUL club; they play this round as a Leinster Senior League member.

In the third round, they knocked out Sacred Heart Firhouse Clover – who began the competition as Firhouse Clover before the two Tallaght clubs merged. None of this matters.

This season’s final could well be contested by a club that existed when the cup started and finished but not when it finished and a club that got there by beating a club that existed when it ended but not when it started.

So if any wise man tells you there are only two certainties in life, feel free to correct him. There are but two certainties in life: death, taxes and the Leinster Senior Cup.

Comment

According to Tom Newton Dunn, pol corr for the Sun, Boris's big idea to replace the backstop is that we should join a special area of regulatory divergence form the EU along with UK and NI.

That means he's going to Europe today to tell them he doesn't give a fuck, he has parliament by the balls, opposition are too disorganised tio stop no deal in parliament. No deal is now policy.

Next few months are gonna be some ride
                                                                                                                        Fuck them. It's going to be horrendous but they deserve it. Hopefully the UK becomes the European political cautionary tale that, say, Argentina is in LATAM.

"Now son, this is what happens when you choose populist nonsense peddled by chancers over long-term, evidence based policy"

"What happened next Daddy?"

"Trump bought the country son. Then the real fun started."

Comment

Musk out tweeting about Mars to distract from the news that he caused fires in 7 Walmart shops. Wonder how long he keeps the fraud running.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X