Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    What are you having for dinner?
    MnMs because I had ravioli at 7.30pm for a late lunch.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This time last week three oysters were making themselves comfortable in my gut. Little did they know security were gonna violently fuck them out a few hours later.

Comment

Am definitely getting one of those pizza ovens.

Leaving aside the food prep, how does it work step by step Zuut? Site says 10 mins heating and 60 seconds cooking, that right?

Comment

Pretty much...Still haven't mastered getting it lit that fast but have been using pretty shitty lighters. The Orchard in Celbridge has the wood pellets. Handy to have an IR thermometer to make sure that stone is at 450+ before sticking a pizza in (prob €30, I took one from work). That's what makes them really good.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
            Swap wife for sky on weekend
            Swap wife for sky forever in my experience...maybe I just picked the wrong wife !!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Pretty much...Still haven't mastered getting it lit that fast but have been using pretty shitty lighters. The Orchard in Celbridge has the wood pellets. Handy to have an IR thermometer to make sure that stone is at 450+ before sticking a pizza in (prob €30, I took one from work). That's what makes them really good.
              Is there a way to vent and control the tempo. Or is it just a case of getting it as hot s possible

Comment

Boat fairly bouncing around so throttled back the breakfast order to exclude beans.

Imagine the lads who were horsing pints while the boat was safely docked last night are feeling it now.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Would have to say this trip is causing my kids to reconsider their previous preferred career path of piracy.

Comment

Bledisloe cup about to start. NZ keeping with Barrett at 15. O'connor back in the aus team at 13. should be a cracker. NZ have looked vulnerable all through the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Would have to say this trip is causing my kids to reconsider their previous preferred career path of piracy.
                      How long to go? Mouth of the Bristol Channel looks the worst of it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        Bledisloe cup about to start. NZ keeping with Barrett at 15. O'connor back in the aus team at 13. should be a cracker. NZ have looked vulnerable all through the championship.
                        What a start

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          What a start
                          The pace of the game is unreal!

Comment

Things like that almost make me want to learn how to drive.
                            I learned pretty late in life and it was a game changer. If I lived and worked in City I would dodge car ownership and rent a car for a week exploring here and there.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Yeah definitely don't buy a car if you can avoid but learning to drive is a total no brainer.

Comment

...NZ in big trouble now, red card was a little harsh...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                  ...NZ in big trouble now, red card was a little harsh...
                                  Either you're protecting the head or you're not. He deliberately hit the head with a shoulder barge, with force, when his opponent was prone and couldn't protect himself.

How on earth is that not a red card?
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Going to be a looong 2nd half for the all blacks with only 14 men. Great 1st half

Comment

100% a red and anything less would be a joke given directives and messaging.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Can any kind soul point me toward a good stream for the city v west ham game?
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

This is what an international should look like. Doubtful we'll get as good this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            Just pm psv. He should sort you out.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              You will find streams here:
                                              Experience live football streaming and soccer streams on FootyBite. Watch your favorite matches, join passionate football fans, and enjoy high-quality streams of your beloved sport

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                I learned pretty late in life and it was a game changer. If I lived and worked in City I would dodge car ownership and rent a car for a week exploring here and there.
                                                Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                Yeah definitely don't buy a car if you can avoid but learning to drive is a total no brainer.
                                                Yeah the likes of Go Car make it more appealing. Would have no use for ownership. I dunno, there still is a bit of time and effort in learning, ah but it's probably worth it.

Comment

Kurtley Beale is a savage

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    Kurtley Beale is a savage
                                                    That was a superb Aussie back line. Wow that was amazing.

They obviously had way too much for nz, but the all blacks played some great rugby with only 14 men

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      Beautiful, perfect quality thanks
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

So many VAR moments in the city game. Kinda annoying.

Comment

Four Irish starters in the Sheffield Utd side. That's as relegated as you get.

Actually the whole lineup is either British or Irish, like something from the 80's
                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 10-08-19, 14:01.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Epstein dead. “Suicide”.

Shocker.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Movies, books, puking.

If previous journeys are anything to go by. I'm the only one who doesn't puke.
                                                              Looking at the weather maps from the last few hours I'd make it 1/3 RDIII is no longer the only one that doesn't puke, miserable weather for a ferry.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                Epstein dead. “Suicide”.

Shocker.
                                                                while on suicide watch.
                                                                just read an article this morning naming loads in latest indictment.
                                                                I see tinfoil hats in my future
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  while on suicide watch.
                                                                  just read an article this morning naming loads in latest indictment.
                                                                  and apparently got to hospital in cardiac arrest.
                                                                  Attorney General William Barr said he was 'appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead' and that his death 'raises serious questions that must be answered.'

I see tinfoil hats in my future
                                                                  Me too.

Comment

Interesting article about Sport and its meaning: https://stingingfly.org/2019/07/18/f...ents-in-sport/

Comment

Donie Vaughan starting for Mayo is fantastic news for Dublin. Too hot headed in these types of games and a good bet for either a red or black card.

Comment

Things like that almost make me want to learn how to drive.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          How long to go? Mouth of the Bristol Channel looks the worst of it.
                                                                          We're just getting into Cork Harbour now.

It was the worst I've ever seen on a ferry so solid decision to delay last night if that was worse. Kids just lay in bunks for 16hrs, puked themselves dry although now all fully recovered once in the calm water.

Just the drive home now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Looking at the weather maps from the last few hours I'd make it 1/3 RDIII is no longer the only one that doesn't puke, miserable weather for a ferry.
                                                                            Not a bother on me, had three solid meals, watched two movies and read a book.

For some reason have never been susceptible to sea sickness. Heights are my bete noir.

Comment

We're just getting into Cork Harbour now.

It was the worst I've ever seen on a ferry so solid decision to delay last night if that was worse. Kids just lay in bunks for 16hrs, puked themselves dry although now all fully recovered once in the calm water.

Just the drive home now.
                                                                              You sail often with family, is it that because someone in the troupe is afraid of flying?. Hate flying myself.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                You sail often with family, is it that because someone in the troupe is afraid of flying?. Hate flying myself.
                                                                                Flying with kids is a massive pain in the hole. Also, car allows me to indulge my oenophiliac tendencies.

Cobh looking well from the water.

Comment

Flying with kids is a massive pain in the hole. Also, car allows me to indulge my oenophiliac tendencies.

thoughts of a 3ish hours drive though....
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

thoughts of a 3ish hours drive though....
                                                                                    Stopping in Cahir for grub.

I see they are not immune to the Dublin disease of 'I need the table back by 9'.

None of that in France.

Comment

Proper restaurant dinner after all that? I'd want home ASAP. McDonalds in Cashel at best.

Comment

Added Dubrovnik and surrounds to my list of favourite places today. It’s a cracking part of the world. Stunningly beautiful town.

Off to hvar tomorrow for a spot of scuba diving and jet skis tomorrow til Wed.

Comment

That’s not good news, We fly a bit with our now 11 month old and I was really hoping it got easier.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            Were you able to fit in on your high horse? Did he get the same spiel that you go on with here?
                                                                                            No , I kept quiet and then made my excuses at half time and left. I was a bit shocked as he is a friend I’ve known for years and I had no idea he was into illegal streaming, thought everything was going to be kosher. wondering what other dodgy shit he’s onto now, will probably take steps to disassociate myself from him.
                                                                                            Will pray for his soul though

Comment

Time to just install Dublin as champions for life and just scrap the All Ireland football championship. It’s a farce, even dub fans here seem to be getting a bit embarrassed.

Comment

Why the French love to say no

I wasn't aware there were only approximately 70K words in the French language compared to 500K in English making it a morass of ambiguity, both accidental and intended.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  No , I kept quiet and then made my excuses at half time and left. I was a bit shocked as he is a friend I’ve known for years and I had no idea he was into illegal streaming, thought everything was going to be kosher. wondering what other dodgy shit he’s onto now, will probably take steps to disassociate myself from him.
                                                                                                  Will pray for his soul though
                                                                                                  Good stuff, had you pegged as an online troll so nice to confirm it.

Comment

Any grown man who hasn't learned to drive yet needs to have a good look at themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                      Time to just install Dublin as champions for life and just scrap the All Ireland football championship. It’s a farce, even dub fans here seem to be getting a bit embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                        Any grown man who hasn't learned to drive yet needs to have a good look at themselves.
                                                                                                        Not as much as the folk I see daily on the M50

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                          That’s not good news, We fly a bit with our now 11 month old and I was really hoping it got easier.
                                                                                                          Stick to the one and it wont be a bother.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Stopping in Cahir for grub.

I see they are not immune to the Dublin disease of 'I need the table back by 9'.

None of that in France.
                                                                                                            Pub or a restaurant?

Band or a party booking is my guess

Yet right though, the French would tell you the table is booked at about 5 and to fuck off if you said anything
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 10-08-19, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                              Have learned to drive but don’t get behind the wheel, not great looking but still enjoy looking in the mirror beep beep
                                                                                                              Enjoy walking and getting the bus
                                                                                                              Leave the car to the better half for her to use

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                Stick to the one and it wont be a bother.
                                                                                                                Yeah this.

Flying with one was a bit of a pain in the hole.

Flying with two was a fucking monumental nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                                  Why the French love to say no

I wasn't aware there were only approximately 70K words in the French language compared to 500K in English making it a morass of ambiguity, both accidental and intended.
                                                                                                                  That's cool. Have had a lot of dealings with rules and authorities in France on account of owning a French reg plane and it seems to stack up. All of the documents look authoritarian and strict but the enforcement is more 'well, let's see...'.

Comment

Here's the bounty anyway, a reasonable plundering this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                      Pub or a restaurant?

Band or a party booking is my guess

Yet right though, the French would tell you the table is booked at about 5 and to fuck off if you said anything
                                                                                                                      Galileo Cafe in Cahir. 'twas grand, bowl of pasta and a coffee, in and out in 40 mins.

Slightly odd though that it was BYOB, first Italian in Ireland I've ever encountered of that ilk. Which might have explained all the good Tipp women getting hammered on white wine.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        One kid: OK
                                                                                                                        Two kids+: not OK.

In fairness to ours, they are just about coming out of the feral state so we're working in the odd flight now.

Comment

Here's the bounty anyway, a reasonable plundering this year.

Fucking hell. How big is your car?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X