Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    terrible cohort of IPB types out that neck of the woods!

I think commute depends on time, mode, destination. Hugely variable. In the summer Id be parked in Sandyford in 20 minutes, in winter an hour.
    Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
    As someone who does 1000km or so a week, don't do a 3hr commute to yourself unless you need to would be my default position.

If I was asked 2 years ago, my opinion would have been quite different but having experienced walking to work/college for a year and then returning to a long commute, there is no comparison. I would never recommend the latter again.

My only caveat would be that I think public transport is far more advantageous than driving, the latter is more mentally draining even if it's more comfortable.

To me it's very much a case that you don't realise the value until it's gone as well as how much do you value your time. Just my opinion of having done both.

Just spotted GAB, plenty of variables but if 3hr+ is the average, it's a no brainer
    Originally posted by ghostface View Post
    Just lost out on a house beside where i live and have limited our search to Rathcoole as furthest place down the road where would move and still cycle to work. Newcastle would be a stretch too far for commute to town IMO

All appreciated
    As I'm working around merrion sq my current location is perfect.
    Trying to get to hazelhatch-heuston or the one bus that seems to service the area daily seems like it's more hassle than the place is worth.

Having said all that, the wife loves and so I fully expect to post "so, I've moved to Newcastle" in a few months
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

football trivia question.

Who is the only player to finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd at a world cup

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        is this a big a pain in the arse commute wise as I think?

Missus likes it but I dont think I could do a 3+ hour commute every day
        My default would now be - if it says its leafy, discard. Non-leafy, snap it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

SPOILER
          Buffon?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

Had to be a Milan player coming from you Baresi
            Profit before people.

Comment

I am the Oleras

Loots in the Sky with DiamondDanny
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Let It B(p_me)?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                  I don’t
                  Unrelated (ahem) fact. The judge who made the decision is appealed more often than any other judge on the High Court and his decisions are upheld less than any other judge.
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Are we meeting on the high seas for our customary beverages this year?
                    Alas I've already been on hols this year. When are you sailing?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Alas I've already been on hols this year. When are you sailing?
                      Saturday

Comment

I wanna hold your Pokerhand

Comment

Denny Lane

Comment

Eleanor Rigger

Comment

Strewelberry Fields Forever (Let it Bee)

Comment

I can do this all day

Comment

While my Tar_A gently weeps
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Day Trippie

Comment

Danny Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Comment

The Strewel on the Hill

Comment

The Hitchy Hitchy Shake

Comment

March of the Keanies

Comment

Mean Mr Pat Mustard

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  On a random sidenote, noticed a name in the papers today.
                                                  Me too.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Me too.
                                                      go on

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        go on
                                                        About a lucky man who made the grade

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          On a random sidenote, noticed a name in the papers today.
                                                          Don’t believe everything you read in the papers...

The article doesn’t really capture what happened today at all

Comment

Saturday
                                                            Jealous I am

Comment

Jealous I am
                                                              Only for 3 weeks.

Comment

Gonna take shraaaaap's advice and attend this:

They also have once a year a market for poultries. it is actually fun. go in the morning. It is called FOIRE AUX PICOTS and it is usually on a Saturday, beginning of August

Comment

I'm Just a Jealous guy
                                                                  FYP GFY KevIRL

Comment

Comment

Anyone seen the rigger ? Guy still good?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        I visit him in the retirement home from time to time.

He watches reruns of telly bingo and plays battleship every night with rasta.

Comment

PAGING KAYROO:

Am I right in thinking that you can't really patent a recipe in Europe, there has to be a step that is novel and that is very unlikely to be something one could do in a kitchen. Thinking particularly of a stew.
                                                                          Last edited by Hectorjelly; 18-07-19, 02:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            PAGING KAYROO:

Am I right in thinking that you can't really patent a recipe in Europe, there has to be a step that is novel and that is very unlikely to be something one could do in a kitchen. Thinking particularly of a stew.
                                                                            Hesten Blumenthal has some ongoing issue about this I think. I’m not a patent expert but what I do know of it would make patenting a recipe very difficult for precisely the reason you say.

More likely you can copyright the recipe for having written it down and published it, but that only prevents the reproduction of the recipe not the dish itself.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              Still alive. Busy man these days

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                Still alive. Busy man these days
                                                                                give him a kiss from me next time ya see him
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Quick question . I’m currently selling my house and buying nearer town . The new house is a big refurb job . I know what the extension I’m doing will look like etc , and the layout of the few changes to existing .

Has anyone any horror stories of not bothering with architect , or visa versa. Renovation will cost about 140, so don’t feel like shelling out 12k if I don’t have to.
                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Did Anyone else watch the Amazon TV show The Patriot?

Its a few years old and I'd expect it would appeal to a lot of people here so I'm surprised I never noticed it being mentioned.
                                                                                    It's a sort of Coenesque black comedy, I thought S01 was great there is a second I haven't seen yet.
                                                                                    On a related TV note I've had the tv version of Animal Kingdom on the backburner for ages has anybody here got into it? Good/Bad??? Don't give me those Stranger Things season 3 lies Also same question for a show called Snowfall?

Danny Maxwell's Silver Hammer
                                                                                    Straight shout out thanks
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

We've seen this before but I'm not allowed to mention where or when because that would be irrational

Which side are you on?

1984 movie clips: http://j.mp/1yN1BxBBUY THE MOVIE: http://j.mp/1zIjHvWDon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP DESCRIPTION:During the ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        Maybe lab ground meat and process driven recipes. But can’t imagine you’d get it across the line for a particular set and ratio of ingredients in a pot.

Coronel Sanders has probably tried.
                                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 18-07-19, 12:32.

Comment

Still lolling at Loots in the Sky with DannyDiamond
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            I was quite proud of that one tbf

Comment

Went to see The Matrix in The Lighthouse last night (can't remember where I originally seen it) and it was excellent catching it on the big screen. Was thinking some of the backgrounds looked familiar and Googled there to see where it was filmed and it turns out some of it was shot in Sydney.

Was there back in December and just looking up Google Maps and turns out I've been to some of the spots (hence why they looked familiar) and walked past others, I'm heading there again on Tuesday and I've a little time off so going to do some sightseeing to specifically look for the places with added information.
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

We've seen this before but I'm not allowed to mention where or when because that would be irrational
                                                                                                I wasn’t trying to have a go at you specifically SP. it’s a widespread phenomenon, I just notice certain posters doing it more than others.

Trump brings out very different discussion around here.
                                                                                                I guess we’ve always been bombarded with POTUS in the media. Seem to be treat more like celebrities than politicians.

Comment

Which side are you on?

In the year 2018, that's a pretty chilling chant. Not quite Nuremberg though.

Comment

Trump must be the first ever pro-Israel Nazi

Comment

Rory with a quadruple bogey on the 1st. What a way to start, 4/9 to miss the cut now.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                        Can someone refresh me on this ?

Comment

IPB Golf Classic date set for Friday August 9th in the CityWest.

For those not interested in playing, they're obviously welcome to pop out for dinner/drinks

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                            Rory with a quadruple bogey on the 1st. What a way to start, 4/9 to miss the cut now.
                                                                                                            David Duval setting the standard with a 13 on the 7th. Be tough for Rory to match that.

Comment

Trying to figure out a easy legal stream subscription service that will allow me to watch all the Man City premier League games for the upcoming season. Sky/BT is useless as only have some of the games. Was looking at something like DAZN but they are not available in Ireland.

Anyone has any ideas? Just tired of hunting for streams on the day of the game and some of those can be very hit and miss.
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                Trying to figure out a easy legal stream subscription service that will allow me to watch all the Man City premier League games for the upcoming season. Sky/BT is useless as only have some of the games. Was looking at something like DAZN but they are not available in Ireland.

Anyone has any ideas? Just tired of hunting for streams on the day of the game and some of those can be very hit and miss.
                                                                                                                Doesn't exist yet.

Comment

legally?
                                                                                                                  There isn't a market that offers club packages available in Ireland/UK

if you were to say, have a VPN that put your in the states? There are options

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                                    Doesn't exist yet.
                                                                                                                    Was afraid that would be the case. Just thought I ask in case there was something new in the market that I haven't heard about.

Think it will be tough to get any streams now because of that court thing that came out a couple of weeks ago.
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      legally?
                                                                                                                      There isn't a market that offers club packages available in Ireland/UK

if you were to say, have a VPN that put your in the states? There are options
                                                                                                                      Heard DAZN would be an option if one went down that route as they have the rights to all the games in Canada and also have it on demand. Not sure how to link in though.

Comment

I think its a good time to re-assess do you really want to spend a large part of your free time passively soaking up one particular sport.

Comment

Heard DAZN would be an option if one went down that route as they have the rights to all the games in Canada and also have it on demand. Not sure how to link in though.
                                                                                                                          DAZN is currently available in Brazil, Germany, Spain, Austria, Italy, USA, Switzerland, Canada and Japan.
                                                                                                                          German VPN shouldnt be hard to set up

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X