Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharacteristically bad from Root, amazing what pressure does.

Still plenty of depth in batting lineup to get home comfortably but someone needs to grab it by the scruff of the neck.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-07-19, 15:56.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Unreal fielding catch there!

Comment

World of trouble now.

Butler only knows swinging for the stands. Hard to see him lasting the time he needs to for England.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
            For anyone interested, explosions in the sky tickets just gone on sale for 20th anniversary tour next Feb in vicar st.
            Cheers for the heads up.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Even forgot about the Fed Express. About to make it 2 sets all!

Comment

RD gone very quiet
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  RD gone very quiet
                  He doesnt like it up em

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Based on some recent research success, I'll definitely be moving to a top uni soon. Like top of the tops. So I'll be molding the minds of the top of the tops - in which case they will believe me and anything I say will become established fact. Those views will help mold the world due to the status of those students and what they will do.

* when I say top of the tops - I may have to take a position in a centre uni in Dublin. But hopefully not.
                    I'll warn the Gingerman

Comment

Comment

Comment

Shame you can't have him sent to a gulag

Comment

World of trouble now.

Butler only knows swinging for the stands. Hard to see him lasting the time he needs to for England.
                            Or he could hit a quick 50+ and turn the whole game
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hard not to root for Fed here.

Life went to crap when your Taoiseach is younger than you so cmon the oldies!

Comment

You can now buy the prototype of this icecream in the US:

It's actual dairy icecream made in a lab, no cow involved. They grew casein, whey etc. Uses way less resources as you can imagine. Already sold out for now.
                                I guess it's different in that they won't add cholesterol etc.
                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-07-19, 17:47.

Comment

Im hoping the reason nobody is posting is because of this tennis. Awesome stuff.

Comment

Comment

So much happening.

Comment

RD gone very quiet
                                        BBQ'ing.

Back now. Any sport on?

SPOILER
                                        If there's any justice in the world, NZ win this.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Poor Stokes felt sick after that. Glad it didnt settle the game.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

NZ ripped off

Comment

Sport wow.

GFYL

Comment

Think Jeffrey Archer is bowling for the brits
                                                Great writer crap bowler

Some day of sport

Comment

Amazing. NZ so unfortunate

Comment

What a cracking game

Comment

CRICKET motherfuckers.

Comment

Greatest final of any sport ever.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

That was absolutely exhausting...
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Engerland win on penalties finally .

Some luck

Comment

Seems I flicked over to the cricket at the right time. Had it on at 11am this morning. Watched 2 hurling games, 1 football games, walked the dogs, had bbq, watched the tennis and I still missed nothing in the cricket. Takes far too long to have any interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                MODERN CRICKET motherfuckers.
                                                                Fyp. Was never like that.

Comment

How is the play allowed were england got 6 runs??? Did the batsman not dive and hit the ball for 4 so hit it twice??? So confused

Comment

Greatest final of any sport ever.
                                                                    Not even top 10

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                      Not even top 10
                                                                      Not a cricket fan per say, but that was incredible drama.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                        Not a cricket fan per say, but that was incredible drama.
                                                                        It was. That's sport innit.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                          How is the play allowed were england got 6 runs??? Did the batsman not dive and hit the ball for 4 so hit it twice??? So confused
                                                                          As I understand it it's ok because it was purely accidental.
                                                                          Its only an offence if he did it deliberately.

Comment

VLOG Day 46 - Today is a BIG ONE as we're at the Final Table of the $100k High Roller, looking for the bracelet and $2.7 Million.Check out my MasterClass: ht...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              As I understand it it's ok because it was purely accidental.
                                                                              Its only an offence if he did it deliberately.
                                                                              The etiquette is this:

If the fielder has a shy at the stumps and hits the batsman (any part of him including the bat), if the ball ricochets off into the outfield then the batsmen will decline to run e.g. they will actually turn down the chance to add to their score because the run wasn't 'earned'.

In the instance today however, the ball hit Stokes bat and went all the way to the boundary. Therefore they didn't have the chance to decline to run and the umpire had no choice but to award them four extra runs.

Totally freaky incident, I had never seen that happen before today. Literally a 10,000/1 shot and then it happens at the end of a WC final. Sport.

Comment

The etiquette is this:

If the fielder has a shy at the stumps and hits the batsman (any part of him including the bat), if the ball ricochets off into the outfield then the batsmen will decline to run e.g. they will actually turn down the chance to add to their score because the run wasn't 'earned'.
                                                                                And if a batsman did it deliberately to stop the ball hitting the wicket (an Aussie batsman most likely) would he be out?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Americans send 1 in 6 black men to prison. Is it because they're innately bad people because they are black or because Americans are incredibly racist and have invented a new system to enslave black men through targeted crimes? That is WAY (just so many more) more people than Uighers (or gulags, which don't exist anymore).

Now I'm not saying you are wrong because of this. But watch the new Aziz Ansari documentary - you are a typical example of someone who is too woke to understand why people like you are enraged and miss the whole reason you are angry. It's disappointing when someone smart like you misses the big picture.

Now be sure here - you aren't technically wrong - the Chinese (and the USSR from five decades ago as a bizarre point you also made) - these are very clearly not nice people. But the US is vastly worse.
                                                                                  What topic is this again? How does any of this have any relation to what we were talking about? I mean this sentance in particular is deranged! " you are a typical example of someone who is too woke to understand why people like you are enraged and miss the whole reason you are angry" I am so angry I don't even realise why I'm angry!

Comment

Good story here about the most high-profile Irish sportsman in the world right now.

(Not Conor McSkanger )
                                                                                    Posted that about 6 weeks ago, he's even more high-profile now. I'd say there'll be some celebrations out around Rush, Lusk and Man O' War this evening (that rare area in Ireland where cricket is the game of choice for the working man).

Some achievement for a kid who had the balls to plot his own course from a very early age.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      And if a batsman did it deliberately to stop the ball hitting the wicket (an Aussie batsman most likely) would he be out?
                                                                                      I think you mean a 'cheating scumbag bogan Aussie batsman'.

Yes. Although another rule where I have never seen someone given out under.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        What topic is this again? How does any of this have any relation to what we were talking about? I mean this sentance in particular is deranged! " you are a typical example of someone who is too woke to understand why people like you are enraged and miss the whole reason you are angry" I am so angry I don't even realise why I'm angry!
                                                                                        Hitch is just trolling, ignore him.

Comment

Fucking hell, irony.

Ben Stokes is one of the handful of international players ever to be given out for obstructing the field. vs Australia in a 2015 ODI.

Comment

You see the occasional out in IPL for obstructing the angle to hit the wicket by deviating your run. As long as the batsman runs straight between wickets he's fine.

NZ will bemoan their luck there but Boult was fairly clumsy a few mins early to not keep his feet in play after catching Stokes deep in the field, top class players are usually more spatially aware than that.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Carbonara's nearly done Dom. 'nother 3 mins.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Sure it's nearly bed time!

Mad man.

Comment

leaving for the airport in like 5 hours, whose great idea was this madness. On the upside, barcelona.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    leaving for the airport in like 5 hours, whose great idea was this madness. On the upside, barcelona.
                                                                                                    Sonar week, lucky you. I fly out Tuesday
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Sport wow.

GFYL
                                                                                                      you Kev

Comment

Finally managed to get a flying pic...

Comment

...

Comment

Seems early for you m8

Class pic there. What race is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                              Seems early for you m8

Class pic there. What race is that from?

A thing called 'Day of Irish PB's'

They had multiple paced 5k races throughout the afternoon. I ran in the 20 min one. Didn't break it this time unfort, 20:26.

First time racing on a track though, really enjoyed it. Different animal to the road, learned a lot.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 14-07-19, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                Would the highest level have the most extreme cuts?
                                                                                                                Generally the most extreme cites would be in the top tier professional organisations. UFC, Belator etc. But not necessarily in the top tier within those organisations.
                                                                                                                And as weigh-ins are regulated by the state athletic commissions. The rules would have to apply across the board.
                                                                                                                Although they could make it a blanket rule and police it better on upper tier promotions.

Comment

First time racing on a track though, really enjoyed it. Different animal to the road, learned a lot.
                                                                                                                  Is the track easier, harder, or just different?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    Is the track easier, harder, or just different?
                                                                                                                    It's easier physically, it's faster, has a bit of bounce and it's flat.

A bit tougher mentally though, an ever changing road can be a good distraction.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Lazare; 15-07-19, 07:08.

Comment

It's easier physically, it's faster, has a bit of bounce and it's flat.

A bit tougher mentally though, an ever changing road can be a good distraction.
                                                                                                                      Yeah, that’s kinda what I was thinking. I like running non the treadmill for pace reasons. But I find it mind numbing. I find a run around the park passes quicker but pace drifts.

Day 3 of my cardio program and I skipped the intervals. Not a good sign this early.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        Yeah, that’s kinda what I was thinking. I like running non the treadmill for pace reasons. But I find it mind numbing. I find a run around the park passes quicker but pace drifts.

Day 3 of my cardio program and I skipped the intervals. Not a good sign this early.
                                                                                                                        Are the intervals high intensity?

I'd be skipping them anyway if concentrating on cardio.

Embarking now on a cardio base build to get up to 45 mpw, won't be doing any intervals for about 7 or 8 weeks.

Comment

Are the intervals high intensity?

I'd be skipping them anyway if concentrating on cardio.

Embarking now on a cardio base build to get up to 45 mpw, won't be doing any intervals for about 7 or 8 weeks.
                                                                                                                          Probably high relative to your runs, but medium for me - in that it’s the middle of 3 weekly intensities.

4 minutes Work. 3 minutes Rest. Repeat
                                                                                                                          Target HR is 171, which was my anaerobic threshold estimate

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X