Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it has been brought up before but 10k on loot boxes or whatever equivalent from your 8year old

Hello guys,i am looking for a bit of advise,a sister of mine has a son aged 8 and played alot of roblox,My sister didnt log in really much to her bank account until the other day,To her shock here son was using her bank card buying stuff of roblox,As you can guess she is furious:mad::mad:

Belgium among a few others have banned them plus the likes of Fifa now give probabilities of getting a card above x rating, obviously that will help given children's grasp of probabilities but companies must make ridiculous sums from "unauthorized" purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
      Pretty sure it has been brought up before but 10k on loot boxes or whatever equivalent from your 8year old

Hello guys,i am looking for a bit of advise,a sister of mine has a son aged 8 and played alot of roblox,My sister didnt log in really much to her bank account until the other day,To her shock here son was using her bank card buying stuff of roblox,As you can guess she is furious:mad::mad:

Belgium among a few others have banned them plus the likes of Fifa now give probabilities of getting a card above x rating, obviously that will help given children's grasp of probabilities but companies must make ridiculous sums from "unauthorized" purchases.
      Must be nice to be well off enough not to notice 10k going missing from your account

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        Hey all - I need to find someone/an agency to turn a fairly standard 45-second video (featuring online poker footage and software features) into a more professional and polished version. Basically to tighten up the editing, improve transitions, add 3D graphics if necessary, just more bells and whistles.

Does anyone have any contacts or could make any recommendations? Thanks!
        I've asked somebody about this for you, to see if their editor wants more work. Will PM if they do.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-07-19, 16:30.

Comment

Hey all - I need to find someone/an agency to turn a fairly standard 45-second video (featuring online poker footage and software features) into a more professional and polished version. Basically to tighten up the editing, improve transitions, add 3D graphics if necessary, just more bells and whistles.

Does anyone have any contacts or could make any recommendations? Thanks!
              You could contact vlogger Christin Maschmann. Now recently out on her own. Her background is video editing.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                NI gets same sex marriage through the back door. Must hurt those Arlene Foster type cunts.
                The list of no voters is not a surprise, the ones you know to be cunts are on there, the ones you don't know look like cunts

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-07-19, 18:50. Reason: A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-07-19, 18:34.

Comment

Should I send it?
                      Why the panic, he literally hasn't looked at his WhatsApp since 08.36 according to the green line at the top. Probably has it on mute like (I assume) all sensible people do.

Comment

Fuck it I sent it.

Edit : and deleted it
                        Given you already said to him you felt like he was sulking, it probably wasn't that much of stretch to call him a sulking baby.

That said, it's probably best to leave it no matter how much of a laugh you're getting out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Why the panic, he literally hasn't looked at his WhatsApp since 08.36 according to the green line at the top. Probably has it on mute like (I assume) all sensible people do.
                          The amount of people still in this day and age who don’t mute WhatsApp or notifications from Instagram etc is nuts. Not as nuts as the absolute loopers who double down by getting said notifications to their fucking smart watches though.
                          Also Apple watches look bad and people who wear them should feel bad about their life decisions

Comment

Fuck it I sent it.

Edit : and deleted it
                            This post is missing context , saw the texts who is it and why should we care?
                            And if it’s the guy you shafted start digging up

Comment

Comment

Went to get Botox done today new doctor, snobby fucker, making me fill out load forms etc. Going on about the product bla bla like it was my first time.

Questions
                                Have you has Botox before, ya 10 yrs I'm getting it done ✅

Do you have fillers, yeah face full of em ✅

Can you full out form...

Got to my DOB, I go 20/06?? Cmon for the crack I said what age you think I am 44 he said smugly, nah 50 next year I said

We just didn't click at all. Maybe he had so much botox he couldnt smile. Anyway he obv knew I knew my stuff so 19 needle pricks later, I was very happy
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Security is surprisingly lax in Toontown

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Stranger things 3 worth the effort?

1/3 of way thru EP 3 and not feeling it, feels like an annoying kids show

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Last couple of episodes are great but they definitely faffed about to get to a conclusion this season

Comment

Just finished jury duty, which was a wholly unsatisfying experience in general. I won't go into specifics, but broadly, the details were:

- Only 2 witnesses, 1 for each side, despite lots of people being present during the alleged incident.
                                        - No physical evidence
                                        - Guards did absolutely nothing. Tried to talk to one person who was there, who declined, didn't attempt to talk to anyone else.
                                        - There were multiple charges, and I (and most) found the complainant's evidence compelling and the other evidence unreliable, yet one person couldn't decide, so the defendant got off on all counts, despite it being 11-1 in favour of guilty on most charges. It felt very wrong to have the verdict delivered as it was.
                                        - So much waiting around. In 3 days of the case we saw about 4 hours of court time (plus 90 mins in deliberations) but about 8 hours of sitting waiting. I know that's the reality, but it doesn't make it less annoying.
                                        - The defence barrister seemed to barely familiar with the case. The questioning of both witnesses was weird and contradictory. There was one thing in particular that the defence witness said that seemed very important potentially but wasn't picked up on at all.
                                        - The state barrister was little better. There were a few points of contention that it seemed like it could have been easily solved if a bit of legwork was put in, but wasn't there.
                                        - This one is for Lazare. For swearing in, the court employee stated first that you have to "swear on the testament", as she put it. The judge then mentioned, before the jury was chosen, that you could affirm or swear. Yet when people were chosen the only option given was the bible one with the almighty god statement. It should have been clearer how you could choose to affirm without seeming like a contrarian. I just went with the flow, while thinking how annoyed Lazare would have been at the whole situtaion, and how much Rounders would have played the multiple scenarios out in his head.

Overall, as I said, the whole process left a sour taste for the above reasons, and didn't fill me with loads of confidence in our legal system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                          Last couple of episodes are great but they definitely faffed about to get to a conclusion this season
                                          Worth skipping ahead or would I miss too much?

Comment

So the lesson is "don't waste your cash on Kayroo's fees and instead just focus on bribing\intimidating one single juror".

pro justice tip 6star!
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Came home and realised I'd left the gas cooker on all day. Kinda lucky I'd used an iron skillet otherwise the place coulda been Gonzo.

Comment

Worth skipping ahead or would I miss too much?
                                                Think they need watching, they're not terrible or anything, just a bit bloated

Comment

Like of Duty finale

SPOILER

We all knew that was coming!

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                    ...yet one person couldn't decide, so the defendant got off on all counts, despite it being 11-1 in favour of guilty on most charges. It felt very wrong to have the verdict delivered as it was.
                                                    That sounds very odd. I thought a 10-2 majority is required. And if it's not reached it goes back to the DPP? Didn't think they got off.
                                                    But maybe there's case specifics you can't go into.

The affirmation vrs swearing on the bible cane up during my citizenship ceremony. It's basically the exact same process. You simple say affirm rather than "swear by almighty god", and don't involve a bible or whatever. Although we were given the words on a card, one set in either side. Sounds like the courts could do with the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                      Went to get Botox done today new doctor, snobby fucker, making me fill out load forms etc. Going on about the product bla bla like it was my first time.

Questions
                                                      Have you has Botox before, ya 10 yrs I'm getting it done ✅

Do you have fillers, yeah face full of em ✅

Can you full out form...

Got to my DOB, I go 20/06?? Cmon for the crack I said what age you think I am 44 he said smugly, nah 50 next year I said

We just didn't click at all. Maybe he had so much botox he couldnt smile. Anyway he obv knew I knew my stuff so 19 needle pricks later, I was very happy
                                                      He's not doing it to check if you know your stuff. He's doing it to cover for insurance. It's not beyond someone to go to multiple doctors and lie about previous treatment in order to get extra work done. Not suggesting you would of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        Came home and realised I'd left the gas cooker on all day. Kinda lucky I'd used an iron skillet otherwise the place coulda been Gonzo.
                                                        I'm staying in a friend's house atm while she's away and am not used to using gas. I left a ring on overnight from dinner time, the flame had gone out at the time I was using it. Next morning I lit a ring next to it. I survived. Some time later I was trying to find the source of the funny smell and discovered it.

I can't remember how many hours it would have been, but a lot.

I totally should have died lighting that other ring the next morning and am now adding gas explosions to UFO's and Big Foot.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          I'm staying in a friend's house atm while she's away and am not used to using gas. I left a ring on overnight from dinner time, the flame had gone out at the time I was using it. Next morning I lit a ring next to it. I survived. Some time later I was trying to find the source of the funny smell and discovered it.

I totally should have died lighting that other ring the next morning and am now adding gas explosions to UFO's and Big Foot.
                                                          Experiences you survived but should not have ??
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Unless that's a really old cooker they should get it checked out. The last gas cooker I bought (2015) the gas shuts off after about 10 seconds if it isn't ignited. A quick google suggests that all cookers sold since 2005 should do the same.

Comment

Yeah similar experience to 5 star when I was on jury duty too.
                                                              Bit I disliked the most (and something that’s quite common judging by court reports) was the Judges lame wisecracks. After being sent in and out so solicitors could argue Judge would crack “its a bit like Lanigans ball, ye are stepping in and out again!!” . He said this multiple times throughout the 5 day trial, had to beg him to stop in the end as my sides were splitting. Almost made me feel sorry for the barristers as they had to fake laughter every time he made a lame zinger, that’s what they are getting paid the big bucks for.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                Yeah similar experience to 5 star when I was on jury duty too.
                                                                Bit I disliked the most (and something that’s quite common judging by court reports) was the Judges lame wisecracks. After being sent in and out so solicitors could argue Judge would crack “its a bit like Lanigans ball, ye are stepping in and out again!!” . He said this multiple times throughout the 5 day trial, had to beg him to stop in the end as my sides were splitting. Almost made me feel sorry for the barristers as they had to fake laughter every time he made a lame zinger, that’s what they are getting paid the big bucks for.
                                                                Very different for me. did it 15 years ago in London and really enjoyed it, and would love to be called up again.

Comment

Re 6Star's jury story, a friend of mine was on a jury in Dublin a few years ago and came away equally disappointed and frustrated in the system. From his account, it was clear to many on the jury that the defendant (up for assaulting someone with a golf club) did it, but one or two on the jury just wanted to get out of there ASAP and basically said 'let's not sit around discussing this, we don't care about this trial, so we're voting not guilty and have no interest in examining any facts or going through the statements, let's save everyone's time and wrap this up'. And that was basically that, the majority just had to accept that the one or two of the jury who didn't have any interest in participating meant that the guy would get off.

Pretty shitty if that's how it went down, and I've no reason to think otherwise.

Comment

Felt much the same about the barristers, there was a lack of interest/drive there.
                                                                    They seemed to believe in the concept of examining the witnesses, outlining the evidence and letting the jury decide, whereas I expected more of a 'my client is innocent, clearly innocent I tell you, a disgrace he is being subjected to this' TV style shouty thing.

Or at the very least some vague indication that they were committed to their side of the argument. But it was all very monotone and disinterested. (I do understand that they could easily have been on the opposite side if the 'draw' fell differently).

We were told 12-0 was essential, but after an hour we were told 11-1 would be fine and then that 10-2 would be acceptable, so surprised you weren't given the same leeway.
                                                                    We were deadlocked 7-5 though so gave up.
                                                                    Few days off work and a bit of tucker, not the worst.

Comment

Re 6Star's jury story, a friend of mine was on a jury in Dublin a few years ago and came away equally disappointed and frustrated in the system. From his account, it was clear to many on the jury that the defendant (up for assaulting someone with a golf club) did it, but one or two on the jury just wanted to get out of there ASAP and basically said 'let's not sit around discussing this, we don't care about this trial, so we're voting not guilty and have no interest in examining any facts or going through the statements, let's save everyone's time and wrap this up'. And that was basically that, the majority just had to accept that the one or two of the jury who didn't have any interest in participating meant that the guy would get off.

Pretty shitty if that's how it went down, and I've no reason to think otherwise.
                                                                      Why didn't they just get themselves excused? As a piece worker I couldn't miss work, wouldn't mind doing it in the future though.

Comment

Posted about it before but my one and only bit of jury duty was similarly frustrating.

Two people on trial with both getting off. The first one was reasonable as there was only a blurry cctv image to go on.

The second one managed to drop their phone with their mother's phone number in it and a couple of CSI addicted jurors were wondering when the DNA evidence was going to be presented.....

Comment

Why didn't they just get themselves excused? As a piece worker I couldn't miss work, wouldn't mind doing it in the future though.
                                                                          I've been called a few times and never made jury, never even got to jury selection.
                                                                          Just two days of sitting around then sent home.
                                                                          Tried the contractor line once and was excused, another time was told tough shit.
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Did it about 10 years ago, probably just before this place started up. Week long serious assault trial. Playing a poker tournament about a year later and the Defence Barrister is sitting beside me. Turns out he is a member here too.

Found most of the jurors quite weak. Basically myself and one other kinda had to lead everything. When we went back in with the verdict one of the blokes on the Jury asked me would i swap seats with him because he was nearest the friends & family.

Edit - yikes just googled it and see the victim in the case was shot after the case concluded. Maybe yer man who got me to swap places had the right idea lol.
                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 10-07-19, 10:03.

Comment

No idea about that, it's been a good few years since my friend told me about his experience, but it remember distinctly how disappointed and frustrated he felt, and he said that most of the rest of the jury were in the same boat, compared to the handful who just wanted out and were happy to ignore their duties (obligations?) as a result.

Comment

India keeping the cricket exciting - Sharma and Kohli gone in the first 3 overs.

Edit. Quickly followed by Rahul. 5/3.

Comment

Was thinking very similar myself "this is boring as shite" season 1 was a cracker but the hype for season 2 didn't live up the first & pretty much the same with this current season, I've just watched the first three episodes.

Felt much the same about the barristers, there was a lack of interest/drive there.
                                                                                  They seemed to believe in the concept of examining the witnesses, outlining the evidence and letting the jury decide, whereas I expected more of a 'my client is innocent, clearly innocent I tell you, a disgrace he is being subjected to this' TV style shouty thing.

Or at the very least some vague indication that they were committed to their side of the argument. But it was all very monotone and disinterested. (I do understand that they could easily have been on the opposite side if the 'draw' fell differently).

We were told 12-0 was essential, but after an hour we were told 11-1 would be fine and then that 10-2 would be acceptable, so surprised you weren't given the same leeway.
                                                                                  We were deadlocked 7-5 though so gave up.
                                                                                  Few days off work and a bit of tucker, not the worst.
                                                                                  An excuse to post this...

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

My sole experience of jury duty was a letdown also. I was the only one who wore a shirt so naturally was voted foreman. We listened to 4 days of evidence, the standard of argument and probing was as lacklustre as described by AJ. Sat down to start reviewing the evidence when one of the jurors mentioned that he knew a witness personally. I thought I better mention it to the judge and he declared a mistrial. Nobody asked us at any stage whether we knew anybody involved in the case.

Comment

Was similarly dubious of the whole system when I did it about a decade ago. Needed at 10-2 majority, were stuck at 9-3, getting late with a second day of deliberations looking likely when some retired old lad stated he was getting tired and hungry so completely uturned his views, contradicting everything he was fighting for earlier to give a majority and lead to the biggest libel payout in state history at the time. All a bit farcical.
                                                                                      Last edited by The Situation; 10-07-19, 11:37.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

India keeping the cricket exciting - Sharma and Kohli gone in the first 3 overs.

Edit. Quickly followed by Rahul. 5/3.
                                                                                        Amazing stuff.

And apparently the first time ever that Nos 1,2 & 3 have all scored precisely 1 run in an ODI.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          That sounds very odd. I thought a 10-2 majority is required. And if it's not reached it goes back to the DPP? Didn't think they got off.
                                                                                          But maybe there's case specifics you can't go into.

The affirmation vrs swearing on the bible cane up during my citizenship ceremony. It's basically the exact same process. You simple say affirm rather than "swear by almighty god", and don't involve a bible or whatever. Although we were given the words on a card, one set in either side. Sounds like the courts could do with the same.
                                                                                          It’s probably been posted before but The Secret Barrister is worth a read for people who are put out by the justice system, to understand what those who try to uphold the law and process go through and how unreliable the whole system is. It’s based in the UK, which was structural differences, but it would keep you up at night if you weere relying on it for imminent justice/liberty.

Comment

As funny as it is to see this India collapse it all feels a little crapshooty after it took an age to get the worlds top 4 ODI teams into the semis to just have one match. Should be best of 3 at least imo. Shorter group stage format and longer late stage would be far more conducive to finding the actual best team.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              As funny as it is to see this India collapse it all feels a little crapshooty after it took an age to get the worlds top 4 ODI teams into the semis to just have one match. Should be best of 3 at least imo. Shorter group stage format and longer late stage would be far more conducive to finding the actual best team.
                                                                                              Tell it to the soccer world cup, rugby world cup, Champions League...they all have knockout SFs?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                Tell it to the soccer world cup, rugby world cup, Champions League...they all have knockout SFs?
                                                                                                It's more about whats feasible for the particular sport within the allotted time-frame of the world cup. So like with rugby it would be impossible as recovery time considerations limits what you can do.

But this has been a 6 week tournament with a rubbish drawn out 5 week group stage to lead to a rushed 1 week semi and final.

Best format imo would have been a 1 month group stage with two groups of 5. Top two from each group progress to semi's.

Fifth week- best of 3 semi finals

Sixth week - best of 3 final.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

It's more about whats feasible for the particular sport within the allotted time-frame of the world cup. So like with rugby it would be impossible as recovery time considerations limits what you can do.

But this has been a 6 week tournament with a rubbish drawn out 5 week group stage to lead to a rushed 1 week semi and final.

Best format imo would have been a 1 month group stage with two groups of 5. Top two from each group progress to semi's.

Fifth week- best of 3 semi finals

Sixth week - best of 3 final.
                                                                                                  Sounds shite! The group stages bit is a good idea but I would go for 2 groups of 6 (which would probably qualify Ireland).

Comment

India still have a squeak here anyway. Going to the wire.

Comment

Getting exciting, Trent Boult will do them in the death though I reckon.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Getting exciting, Trent Boult will do them in the death though I reckon.
                                                                                                        Dhoni just giving Jadeja the strike if he has any sense.

One wicket would change it all...

Comment

Two sports well known for series.

Comment

Any streams for the cricket?
                                                                                                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Dhoni just giving Jadeja the strike if he has any sense.
                                                                                                              way too late for that every ball matters

Great game. NZ strangling them by offering up soft singles
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ah...was great while it lasted

Farewell MS Dhoni

I have absolutely no doubt he'd have whacked away another thirty there
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  way too late for that every ball matters

Great game. NZ strangling them by offering up soft singles
                                                                                                                  WP New Zealand.

Proof that a dodgy pitch is actually a better spectacle than a good one!

Comment

RIP Rip

Nobody else has uploaded an HD version of this scene, so here it is. Because we really needed it.

Rip Torn's hilarious performance as an increasingly intoxicated Artie.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      Was thinking very similar myself "this is boring as shite" season 1 was a cracker but the hype for season 2 didn't live up the first & pretty much the same with this current season, I've just watched the first three episodes.
                                                                                                                      The series is called Stranger Things as it was originally meant to be an anthology of stories, but the kids were a hit and so as with all things American tv these days, they had to come up with the rest and blew off the original plan

So ya, the ending of the first series that felt very tacked on... was

Comment

should have sent RDIII and Denny crane down to Kildare street today as roving reporters, could have turned ugly if they let their true feelings about their Rural compatriots show

Comment

That is some top class unhinged ranting

Last edited by Guest; 10-07-19, 17:41.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X