Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's foot and mouth disease

Comment

Nothing better than working from home when there is a game of music king on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        It's foot and mouth disease
        Mellor sent me a PM with his reason for this answer....he is so close

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          Mellor sent me a PM with his reason for this answer....he is so close
          if he's that close, it's got to be Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            No

Comment

That was my first line of thought

For decades, a rare disease crawled across Papua New Guinea. When scientists realized what was behind kuru, it caught everyone by surprise. But similar diseases can still be transmitted through food.

Comment

so at a guess he gets it from a blood transfusion? possibly in Florence?

Comment

Mellor nailed it by PM - Lymes Disease. Im impressed he got it. He can explain how. You may have 50% of my bullet next month but just remember 50% of 0 = 0

Comment

Is it this?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Silence of the Lymes

wasn't the greatest sequel of all time tbf
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mellor nailed it by PM - Lymes Disease. Im impressed he got it. He can explain how. You may have 50% of my bullet next month but just remember 50% of 0 = 0
                        actually looked at lymes disease (ended up there via quantico)- ruled it out

Comment

A young lad I know has been struggling with that for a few years now. Absolute bitch of a dose, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

When Clarice is trying to get Hannibal to help in the hunt for Buffalo Bill. They promise him access to books, a transfer to a prison with a view, and one week a year, he can leave the prison and go to plum island.
                            He replies by referencing the Animal Disease Research Centre on the Island.
                            It's the only place in America where they study foot and mouth. Because it's an island.
                            Hence my guess above.

Dice posted it was very close. Then I figured his friend couldn't have foot and mouth, as it only affects cows. The human hand foot and mouth is a different virus entirely. So I went back to the Plum lsland Animal Disease Research Centre and see it's been allegedly connected with Lymes Disease outbreaks. Which obviously can be picked up by humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                              When Clarice is trying to get Hannibal to help in the hunt for Buffalo Bill. They promise him access to books, a transfer to a prison with a view, and one week a year, he can leave the prison and go to plum island.
                              He replies by referencing the Animal Disease Research Centre on the Island.
                              It's the only place in America where they study foot and mouth. Because it's an island.
                              Hence my guess above.

Dice posted it was very close. Then I figured his friend couldn't have foot and mouth, as it only affects cows. The human hand foot and mouth is a different virus entirely. So I went back to the Plum lsland Animal Disease Research Centre and see it's been allegedly connected with Lymes Disease outbreaks. Which obviously can be picked up by humans.
                              Yeah, if you google map Lyme (hence the disease name) in Conneticut you'll see Plum Island just off the coast. People reckon the Yanks were testing different diseases there for potential warfare use back in the day. Or something like that.

Comment

I think it's been confirmed that they were testing biological weapons there during the Coke war.

First a win a case of wine. They 50 bullet. Thanks man. I'm running good, so you will probably ship it.

Comment

Yeah, if you google map Lyme (hence the disease name) in Conneticut you'll see Plum Island just off the coast. People reckon the Yanks were testing different diseases there for potential warfare use back in the day. Or something like that.
                                  How the fuck did you come up with that as a question? Are you an obsessive fan of Silence of the Lambs or animal disease research or what?

Comment

By the way I don't suppose anyone from here is doing the Ring of Kerry tomorrow?

Comment

When a load of music king posts appear on a friday afternoon....
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        By the way I don't suppose anyone from here is doing the Ring of Kerry tomorrow?
                                        Any time I see an email from the goodreads group, its filled with Keane and his cycling books.
                                        Have you caught the cycling bug now?

I was down at the Ironman in Youghal the other week but wasnt willing to stay around with the weather.
                                        People sent off in time trial format as the weather was too treacherous with swim cancelled as expected.

Comment

I've done it twice and both times swore I'd never do it again - I'm sticking to the second one!

I had no problem with the distance etc. but really think having that many inexperienced cycling together is irresponsible, both times I saw some nasty crashes. Eejits thinking they are in the tour de france....

Stay safe!
                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

How the fuck did you come up with that as a question? Are you an obsessive fan of Silence of the Lambs or animal disease research or what?
                                            you can work backwards in random leaps for impossible questions

my friend has a disease
                                            Clue : Location scene in Inception

Comment

Irish poker isn't really the best at nicknames.

Comment

This is just brilliant
                                                Fella lost a bet about wrestlemania 35 and now has to say you love it 100k times

Every $1 Donated = 1 Extra "You Love It" - Donate at http://www.streamlabs.com/cultaholicFinally, Adam Pacitti completes his WWE WrestleMania 35 punishment a...

he wants to die
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Couple of mamils I know. Would love to.but off to holliers tomorrow.

You doing it? 112 miles ?

Comment

Trying to think of more things to do in a blind taste test.

Coke v Pepsi
                                                    White v Red (I'd give up if I couldn't get this one)
                                                    Club v Schweppes/Fever tree
                                                    Club v Fanta
                                                    Gins
                                                    Vodkas
                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-07-19, 17:26.

Comment

Kellogg's cornflakes Vs Aldi version?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        Trying to think of more things to do in a blind taste test.

Coke v Pepsi
                                                        White v Red (I'd give up if I couldn't get this one)
                                                        Club v Schweppes/Fever tree
                                                        Club v Fanta
                                                        Gins
                                                        Vodkas
                                                        i'd do schweppes vs fever tree (although that one is so easy)

ketchup vs any supermarket brand
                                                        champagne vs prosecco (very easy but probably more challenging than red vs white)
                                                        g&t vs v&t with fever tree as the T could be interesting
                                                        chardonnay vs sauvignon

i'm sure we could find loads more!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Kellogg's cornflakes Vs Aldi version?
                                                          let's get pissed and eat cornflakes?

Comment

I think the red v white one is pointless. Serving up dyed wine is totally different to asking someone which is which in a blind taste taste.

Comment

let's get pissed and eat cornflakes?
                                                              Irish tradition! ��

Well expensive vodka Vs cheapo one is good if it is a night time pay thing, deck all people will actually tell if there is a difference.

Comment

Irish tradition! ��

Well expensive vodka Vs cheapo one is good if it is a night time pay thing, deck all people will actually tell if there is a difference.
                                                                most of the new wave expensive vodkas (grey goose and co) is the same alcohol. ie they don't make it themselves, they just add a couple of aromats before bottling. it's a massive scam

Comment

What about normal vs fat free, like Hellman's mayo vs light or Coke vs diet, similar products bit different twists on them.

Comment

For anyone out and about in Dublin this evening with a thirst, I'm meeting AndyTheFatCunt in Nealons at about 8.17pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                      What about normal vs fat free, like Hellman's mayo vs light or Coke vs diet, similar products bit different twists on them.
                                                                      walkers vs taytos

Comment

Stranger Things new seasons plot seems to be a rip off of the film Us.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          Stranger Things new seasons plot seems to be a rip off of the film Us.
                                                                          is the film worth watching?

Comment

That Gauff young wan just won the second set in a tie break.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Err horror generally wouldnt be my favourite genre but it was decent enough if I remember, bit overly slick at times but worth the watch.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Irish tradition! ��

Put both in the freezer, sorted!

+ Grants and Huzzar vodka smell weird!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Err horror generally wouldnt be my favourite genre but it was decent enough if I remember, bit overly slick at times but worth the watch.
                                                                                  neither with me but get out was pretty decent and so us popped up on my radar a few times, and i thought about watching it.

i'll still be watching stranger things, just wondered if it's based on anything decent rather than a pile of shite

Comment

walkers vs taytos
                                                                                    Pretty much all crisps in UK made in same factory except Walkers

So any other crisps in UK v's each other

Walkers are made for Protestants, Tayto are made fur de Catholics so more biggly flavour

Walkers V's NI Taytos would be a fairer comparison

Comment

I'm into my second month of gardening leave and second week by myself since my wife is in USA. I've watched a lot of movies and recently and haven't seen one that really captured me.

Probably the best thing I have watched was the episode of "ugly delicious" about fried chicken which deals with the racist past and social stereotype of it and black Americans.

Loved the episode on shrimp and crawfish but that's because they spend most of the time eating prawns, langostines and crawfish with chilli and butter

The Bob dylan rolling thunder documentary was great, I loved that era of dylan though so I'm biased.

Comment

Veuve Clicquot V's Cristal

Comment

Tap water vs bottled
                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Freshly ground vs instant coffee

Brands of tea Lyons, Barry's etc

Comment

This documentary about The Amazing Johnathan is well worth a watch. Seemed like a Spinal Tapesque thingy, though the story checks out.

Always Amazing is the story of The Amazing Johnathan's storied career as a comedian/magician, the unlikely friendship that was cemented after meeting a 12-ye...
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                That Gauff young wan just won the second set in a tie break.
                                                                                                She showed some balls to win that match. The hype train has left the station, if she was to get past Halep she'll go fav for the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  I think the red v white one is pointless. Serving up dyed wine is totally different to asking someone which is which in a blind taste taste.
                                                                                                  Doing a blind tasting menu with paired wines soon and am told that it's quite normal for people to not know what colour wine they are drinking. That said, who knows what kind of people are doing it. Worth a go just to see anyway.

Comment

What a legend

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      Doing a blind tasting menu with paired wines soon and am told that it's quite normal for people to not know what colour wine they are drinking. That said, who knows what kind of people are doing it. Worth a go just to see anyway.
                                                                                                      My wife couldn't tell the difference for certain whites compared to red. She just knows she likes the taste of a few varieties and outside of that all the same.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Trippie; 05-07-19, 20:18.

Comment

The white ones are cold m8s.

Comment

Was thinking about tv and movies and what I've watched this year or seasons. Ended up watching a lot more tv than ever before.

GoT
                                                                                                          Barry s2
                                                                                                          Brockmire s3
                                                                                                          Our planet
                                                                                                          What we do in the shadows
                                                                                                          True dectective s3
                                                                                                          The good place s4
                                                                                                          Killing Eve s2
                                                                                                          Fleabag s2
                                                                                                          Legion s3 at the moment

Then pretty much every chef or cooking show on Netflix. It really is a great time for TV. Always sunny will be back shortly too

Comment

Knock Knock

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Knock Knock
                                                                                                              Who's there

Comment

Who's there
                                                                                                                Ah

Comment

Ah
                                                                                                                  Ah who

Comment

Ah who
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

Comment

i'd do schweppes vs fever tree (although that one is so easy)

ketchup vs any supermarket brand
                                                                                                                      champagne vs prosecco (very easy but probably more challenging than red vs white)
                                                                                                                      g&t vs v&t with fever tree as the T could be interesting
                                                                                                                      chardonnay vs sauvignon

i'm sure we could find loads more!
                                                                                                                      Was finishing the night off last weekend with a tanqueray and tonic, i use a jigger and would always pour a double and lots of tonic.

This just didnt taste alcoholic though, doubted myself and threw another double in...still tasted watery.

Had a few more but didnt feel right.

Woke up next morning with a severe dry mouth and took a swig from the tonic bottle, Schweppes, yeah...soda water...
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm into my second month of gardening leave and second week by myself since my wife is in USA. I've watched a lot of movies and recently and haven't seen one that really captured me.

Probably the best thing I have watched was the episode of "ugly delicious" about fried chicken which deals with the racist past and social stereotype of it and black Americans.

Loved the episode on shrimp and crawfish but that's because they spend most of the time eating prawns, langostines and crawfish with chilli and butter

The Bob dylan rolling thunder documentary was great, I loved that era of dylan though so I'm biased.
                                                                                                                        Love ugly delecious !

Rolling thunder review.

While watching it something just didnt sit right.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Turns out its all pretty much make believe, the interviews, Sharon stone etc, just him having fun with us !
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

She showed some balls to win that match. The hype train has left the station, if she was to get past Halep she'll go fav for the tournament.
                                                                                                                          There you go, drugs obvs.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X