Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a handy free one for kodi as well
    (dont expect the free ones to last)
    I'll post the guide in the main thread
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Are you thinking a national theatre is the equivalent of a dogtrack that no-one attended? Maybe the speckled greyhound in Trap 5 could be the equiv of Yeats to really get the analogy sparkling.
      Its a what, 400/500 seat theatre - and I wonder what the average occupancy is?
      And no-one really questions a €7M a year subsidy for nice middle/upper class people to see a few plays, but 100/200 cloth capped working class folk and drunken office workers going to a dog track is something that definitely can't run at a loss so we must close it and sell the land?
      Jim Hacker saw the flaws with this in a few episodes of YM/YPM, though unsurprisingly he didn't win the day.
      (I'm an occasional theatre goer myself so don't actually want to see the Abbey shut)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        the bold bit is the important thing to take from that post .
        Dont start me on ex vodafone customers

note the bolded bit
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
          52 year old cousin hung herself yesterday. What kind of torture must a mind be in to do something like that leaving a 12 and 7 year old behind? Her sister found her and performed CPR on her to no avail, cant get that image out of my head.
          My godmothers 21 year old son hung himself 2 months back. It was one of those nobody saw it coming type of deals. Similar situation as well. She found him, ran out of the house screaming he is gone and his dad and granddad/my uncle cut him down but by then he was well gone.
          I wasn't in the country so missed the funeral and general aftermath but from what I hear it was awful and it's ripped through that part of the family. She has barely left the house since and I know I haven't seen her since I got back.

You just wish they could understand the reverberations of their actions as no way they would go through with it if they did. Such a bloody waste.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            Dont start me on ex vodafone customers

note the bolded bit
            Like I give a fuck
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Like I give a fuck
              snap
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

This is Fox news, reports also of GOP congressmen getting serious abuse, including physical at town halls. He's doomed surely.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Its a what, 400/500 seat theatre - and I wonder what the average occupancy is?
                  And no-one really questions a €7M a year subsidy for nice middle/upper class people to see a few plays, but 100/200 cloth capped working class folk and drunken office workers going to a dog track is something that definitely can't run at a loss so we must close it and sell the land?
                  Jim Hacker saw the flaws with this in a few episodes of YM/YPM, though unsurprisingly he didn't win the day.
                  (I'm an occasional theatre goer myself so don't actually want to see the Abbey shut)
                  A bit of a false dichotomy there AJ, plenty of working class people attend the theater, and also despise gambling plus vice versa.

Comment

the bold bit is the important thing to take from that post .
                    Meh, with Netflix and Sky everything is no more than four clicks away and perfect, peace of mind quality.

Kodi is a rigmarole of bolloxology to get set up, then a further rigmarole of clicks and selections before you find what you want. I'm too old and lazy now for all that shit. Just pay for it imo.

Comment

So Comey is saying Trump asked him to end the Flynn probe.

Is this the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        A bit of a false dichotomy there AJ, plenty of working class people attend the theater, and also despise gambling plus vice versa.
                        Oh without doubt, I've a weak argument here.
                        Just get annoyed about how easily sporting venues (HaroldsX, Glenmalure Pk, Phoenix Park racecourse) get given up on because they aren't seen as paying their way - not to mention the relative ease with which planning permission can be given for a quick buck to be turned.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Meh, with Netflix and Sky everything is no more than four clicks away and perfect, peace of mind quality.

Kodi is a rigmarole of bolloxology to get set up, then a further rigmarole of clicks and selections before you find what you want. I'm too old and lazy now for all that shit. Just pay for it imo.
                          Having spent ten minutes navigating it, I agree with this wholeheartedly. The zgemma box was fine as it was basically the same as sky (i.e. my parents could use it). Kodi isn't, from what I can gather at least.

Comment

Comey Memo.

That lads will be the phrase that will be remembered long after we're gone.

Comment

Comey Memo.

That lads will be the phrase that will be remembered long after we're gone.

Scandal exhaustion on action

Comment

And again fox reporting as only fox can

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                    Site called Smoothstreams.

It was invite only and got Sharp on it. He can vouch for it. I think it's sold out at the moment so you may have to wait to join.
                                    Fantastic product. Love it, and the kodi add on is great.

Comment

Comment

Reading Pillars of the Earth at the moment - a fantasy by Ken Follet. 1000 fcking pages, but it's excellent. Just noticed now it's part of trilogy, so presumably another 2k pages left after finishing the first one. That's a big reading committment!
                                        A Song of Ice and Fire is currently 4,250 over 15 years
                                        Will be 6,500 when if it's ever finished -but who knows if that will happen

Currently reading the series. There's a chronological version of the last two books combined. Comes in at about 1800 pages - can't bring myself to start yet
                                        Last edited by Mellor; 17-05-17, 07:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Currently reading the series. There's a chronological version of the last two books combined. Comes in at about 1800 pages - can't bring myself to start yet
                                          I had downloaded the prequel books from ASOIAF and hadn't noticed that there was one I hadn't read. After reading the Rogue Prince I realised I should have read them in the opposite order as I read The Princess and the Queen first.

Comment

Comey has to have a tape to back up that memo.

Such a great move, forces Trump to either admit there are no tapes, which will look like a lie, or release an edited one.

This is great craic altogether.

Comment

your version of everything and mine are very different

I may do a vid of my set up at some stage.
                                              It's a world away from what you think kodi is

Comment

The only reason I have Kodi is because there's a lot of shows I want to watch missing from Netflix.
                                                I still have basic Fox/Sky. See no need for sport channels or movies added on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  I love myself a good bluegrass cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=forqmom3YuY
                                                  it's a slippery slope
                                                  lyricsHigh on the mountain, wind blowing free wondering about the days that used to be.High on the mountain, standing all alone, wondering where the years of...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    I had downloaded the prequel books from ASOIAF and hadn't noticed that there was one I hadn't read. After reading the Rogue Prince I realised I should have read them in the opposite order as I read The Princess and the Queen first.
                                                    There's a third book in the Princess and the Queen/Rogue Prince series coming out in October.
                                                    I'll probably wait for them to be published in a single volume (Like Dunk & Egg was) before I pick them up.

Comment

your version of everything and mine are very different

I may do a vid of my set up at some stage.
                                                      It's a world away from what you think kodi is
                                                      plesae do. I sat down a few times to set it up but gave up.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Nothing he does matters, nothing at all... And that will go on as long as the pseudo apprentice masters of the universe carry on with their moronic cargo cult thinking pretending he has something to do with keeping their indices ticking upwards and making their Apple shares worth more than the cash they hold.
                                                      Think you'd enjoy this, can skip to 10mins in

Comment

Reading Pillars of the Earth at the moment - a fantasy by Ken Follet. 1000 fcking pages, but it's excellent. Just noticed now it's part of trilogy, so presumably another 2k pages left after finishing the first one. That's a big reading committment!
                                                        Just watch the TV version. Ian McShane is very good in it.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          Just watch the TV version. Ian McShane is very good in it.
                                                          downloaded that just as something to watch while making dinner as it was the number 1 torrent on the site, didn't know anything about it. Thought I'd luckboxed things when McShane appeared, turned out though to not be my thing at all, but I did really enjoy the dmt-esque scene at the end!
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-05-17, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            downloaded that just as something to watch while making dinner as it was the number 1 torrent on the site, didn't know anything about it. Thought I'd luckboxed things when McShane appeared, turned out though to not be my thing at all, but I did really enjoy the dmt-esque scene at the end!
                                                            Its not exactly fast paced.

I think SP recommended it at the time, thats where he served his apprenticeship

Just watched that clip, dont know much about the dude, but Dilbert has been good to him. pretty sweet home in the hills.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

16,559 pages into the Malazan series and side books, no regrets. Must be coming up on
                                                              5,000,000 words and looking forward to the next books. Kindle has done wonders for not having to carry around stupid sized books.

Trying to read non-fiction now but they take longer as you have to think about stuff.

Comment

Comment

read this

Also this.

Would recommend. He plagiarizes a lot of philosophy texts though and steals from Aristotle and Plato. It kind of makes the book seem a lot smarter than it is.

Comment

A thread of someone celebrating their 1000 days free of heroin (am personally 39 years free of heroin but don't feel the need to brag about it)

I only post this, as I think she is going for the 'don't I look fab now' feedback from adoring redditors, which is indeed what those sad saps did indeed do. But actually heroin really suited her. She has ruined herself by giving up smack.
                                                                    Well done hero. And you should brag about it.

And no ..she looks way better now.

Comment

Congrats Hitch. Keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

Ah Tar what have you done. I just googled Malazan. Sounds interesting, I don't want to be interested in another epic fantasy series right now.
                                                                        Better purge that for now

Comment

Ah Tar what have you done. I just googled Malazan. Sounds interesting, I don't want to be interested in another epic fantasy series right now.
                                                                          I started but gave up after 100 or so pages a few years back. It's very heavy going at the start but gets easier after the first half book apparently. I intend to give it a proper go at some point but haven't got around to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            I started but gave up after 100 or so pages a few years back. It's very heavy going at the start but gets easier after the first half book apparently. I intend to give it a proper go at some point but haven't got around to it yet.
                                                                            I tried three times, but just couldnt get past that... it just doesnt do anything for me personally.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Better purge it until you can commit, there is a lot going on. It's my favourite series and has produced a couple of my favourite characters ever such as "Tehol".
                                                                              Could use an editor that's for sure.

Yeah the first book is the worst imo, plus the added burden of not knowing who the fuck anybody is.

Comment

Hopefully this is not the pinnacle of his acting career?

Robbed for what's app groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                  Yeah the first book is the worst imo, plus the added burden of not knowing who the fuck anybody is.
                                                                                  One think I like about starting ASOIAF was GRRM's appendix in the back of the book detailing who everyone was.

Comment

The first Malazan book is dynamite on re-read IMO. A peerless fantasy series. Also questioned whether I would ever get into it up until about 100 pages to go in the first one.

Comment

...

Comment

President will give ‘direct speech’ on how to combat extremism
                                                                                        Ironic from the album “Jagged Little Pill” Jagged Little Pill (25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) out now & includes the live acoustic performance from O2 Shep...

Only the Trump may be extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          What streaming services do ye use for sports?
                                                                                          Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          Site called Smoothstreams.

It was invite only and got Sharp on it. He can vouch for it. I think it's sold out at the moment so you may have to wait to join.

Right now Smoothstreams is open temporarily for invites from current members

SPOILER
                                                                                          €29 for 3 months or €54 for 6 months. Paypal option
                                                                                          Has all the main sports and ppv's in 720p Some ppv's in 1080p. Has a Kodi plugin mobile app, Roku and NowTv app and is chromecast enabled. 3 simultaneous different IP's allowed so you can share a sub as long as someone isnt taking the p!ss. You can also set record from Kodi onto your device like android box, laptop and phone although this is a new breakthrough but works good for me. Using it for years and the best thing since slice bread.
                                                                                          PM for invite if anyone wants it but don't ask for acquaintances or friends of friends etc as if someone fcuks up its on me. If your not familiar with installing addons on kodi, sideloading onto NowTv or installing non playstore apps on phone its probably not your thing unless you just want it streaming on a laptop
                                                                                          Last edited by rounders123; 17-05-17, 13:00.

Comment

hmm doesn't show the quoted tweet:

If ever a sentence needed some extra formatting:

...a speech on "Islam in Saudi Arabia"
                                                                                            Or
                                                                                            ...a speech on "Islam", in Saudi Arabia

One sounds like a ridiculous laugh, the other a guaranteed terrorist attack

Comment

BBV must be pricing Trump at odds on to go at this stage

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  Right now Smoothstreams is open temporarily for invites from current members

SPOILER
                                                                                                  €29 for 3 months or €54 for 6 months. Paypal option
                                                                                                  Has all the main sports and ppv's in 720p Some ppv's in 1080p. Has a Kodi plugin mobile app, Roku and NowTv app and is chromecast enabled. 3 simultaneous different IP's allowed so you can share a sub as long as someone isnt taking the p!ss. You can also set record from Kodi onto your device like android box, laptop and phone although this is a new breakthrough but works good for me. Using it for years and the best thing since slice bread.
                                                                                                  PM for invite if anyone wants it but don't ask for acquaintances or friends of friends etc as if someone fcuks up its on me. If your not familiar with installing addons on kodi, sideloading onto NowTv or installing non playstore apps on phone its probably not your thing unless you just want it streaming on a laptop
                                                                                                  Just a heads up, NowTv's ability to side load apps or enter Dev mode has been bricked by sky.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      BBV must be pricing Trump at odds on to go at this stage
                                                                                                      well, you still haven't priced him up yet!

Awaiting some super-juicy odds
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

Hopefully this is not the pinnacle of his acting career?

He can tell her God was watching
                                                                                                          So Leftovers
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Udemy courses are all $15 until May 26th if anyone had their eye on one but didn't want to spend hundreds!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                              Udemy courses are all $15 until May 26th if anyone had their eye on one but didn't want to spend hundreds!
                                                                                                              I get them for free in work and still haven't done one....hard to improve on perfection imo
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

ExtraTorrent bites the dust.

Opr

Comment

Spoilered for hugeness

Comments on reddit are worthwhile

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-05-17, 16:37.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    ExtraTorrent bites the dust.

Opr
                                                                                                                    Damn. Will a new domain emerge again like last time?

Edit: I see it's gone for good. Double damn.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by 6starpool; 17-05-17, 16:51.

Comment

UEFA has announced from next weeks Europa final on they are having the trophy presentation on the pitch again.
                                                                                                                      That is so much better than in the stands imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn. Will a new domain emerge again like last time.
                                                                                                                        Looks like a serious shutdown. I mostly use a private tracker so it isn't a huge deal for me but they were always the backup for stuff I couldn't find.

Stumbled across this recently. Great streaming site - http://www.tvzion.pro/

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                          UEFA has announced from next weeks Europa final on they are having the trophy presentation on the pitch again.
                                                                                                                          That is so much better than in the stands imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                          Picked a good week as a United fan to go on holidays to an island off Donegal in a thatched cottage with no TV or internet and a 6 mile walk to the nearest boozer

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X