Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    We've paid for the bridesmaids dresses and hire of the groomsmens suits.

No way I would have expected (or even allowed) them to pay for them themselves.

We're asking them to be a big part of our day so think it is very unreasonable to have them pick up the costs.
    I was best man for a wedding back in the early 90s. The Groom went shopping with me where I bought the suit although it had to be one that he picked not me. I wore it the once and threw it out (It was pretty shit) . The birdesmaid got hers bought for her. I didn’t really mind but yer man was a mean ol bastard with the cash in general. I got my revenge in the speeches , some of the stories were legendary of his tightness with the cash. At his reception he was playing the thin whistle really badly and asked me to accompany him on stage, what followed was the most fucked up musical performance in history. I thank all the gods there was no video footage of it, it would have gone viral. That whole wedding was like a comedy show.

Comment

What's he meant to do with the constant aggression from NATO? He's surrounded and isolated.

JOHN SIMPSON, BBC QUESTION: Western countries almost universally now believe that there’s a new Cold War and that you, frankly, have decided to create that. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        This song is pretty catchy...good lyrics too. I've listened to a lot of new music this week and this would be in the top 25%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6Chwr7UAl_4
        If that's in the top 25% I dread to think how awful the bottom 25% is.

Comment

Kamala Harris made a decent move last night, she made the latest Biden gaffe pretty evident.

Her and Booker have such an edge in debate, apparently Pete came out quite well too.

Comment

What kinda music do you listen 6Star? Or do you listen to anything? Is it just requests for "come out ye black and tans"?

Comment

I'm not sure if I got the link from here or 2p2 but I remember there was a site with a quiz with a second part to each question that asked you to judge how sure you were of your answer. Anyone remember it? It essentially was judging you not on your actual score, but your ability to judge your own ability. Would be 5+ years ago.

Comment

I'm with 6Star; not a fan of that song at all. I know nothing of the singer but am pretty certain I hate her now!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  What's he meant to do with the constant aggression from NATO? He's surrounded and isolated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq721qGFZxk&
                  yeah, poor guy. I mean he can hardly even invade a neighbouring country these days without pesky liberals moaning about it and imposing sanctions. Or murder people on NATO soil. Or shoot down civilian airliners. Or suppress all domestic opposition ruthlessly.

What bastards eh, what is the world coming to!
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                    I'm with 6Star; not a fan of that song at all. I know nothing of the singer but am pretty certain I hate her now!
                    "Bip, the saucy chip with the dip..."

it's catchy, I like it.

Comment

Warm water port in an area that's been historically Russian, after Europe interfered in elections. Totally understandable. You've been watching too much BBC World Service.

It's not like he's flying around the world abducting people.

Comment

Warm water port in an area that's been historically Russian, after Europe interfered in elections. Totally understandable. You've been watching too much BBC World Service.

Is there not cases of Russian ex-pats, known to be unsupportive of the Kremlin, disappearing?

Or do they just get poisoned/murdered?
                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

He's also placed a nice chunk of resources into Svalbard which is Norwegian island perfectly positioned in the Arctic ocean, with an aim in mind to capitalise on the melting polar ice sheets.

Someone has to claim to all those resources under the Arctic when the sheets melt, I suspect the continental shelf of that island to astronomically wide reaching.

Place a nice Russian Oligarch in place when the time comes

Comment

Comment

Found an old copy of Barricada. Masthead seems a bit ott now. The 5000 cordoba price is quite the reminder of hyperinflation. Pretty sure it was once at parity with the dollar, at this time a dollar bought you 48k cordobas

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 28-06-19, 10:39.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Seems, just looking at a map, that nearly all the artic should belong to Greenland and Russia. Not sure exactly how the US claims some rights to it. Norway maybe.
                                    Claims pertaining to the continental shelf could be a factor not only for exclusive economic zones but if Russia was to take to control of that island they not only EEZ over the underwater bed but also sovereign rights for 200 nautical miles which would give them quite a grip over a large part of that area.

Comment

you're like a low-rent Hitch today

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                        Is there not cases of Russian ex-pats, known to be unsupportive of the Kremlin, disappearing?

Or do they just get poisoned/murdered?
                                        Seems to be that 'the more public, the better' is the Putin policy for murdering Russians abroad

pour encourager les autres as it were. Plus it says 'fuck you' to the countries where the murdering occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          The sequel to probably the greatest hip hop album of last ten years (Pinata) is out Friday. Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Bandana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8R7fmLYgi4
                                          I think theyve out done themselves. Amazing album
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            "Bip, the saucy chip with the dip..."

it's catchy, I like it.
                                            It’s no scatman John
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Given the direction of UK, US, and Italy, he might indeed be sadly correct. Although someone was noting the other day that the Green grouping in the EU parliament is now larger than the far right grouping, so there is some hope.

The problem seems to be old people.
                                              In all three of those, if making bad and regressive choices (which they have all done - with not a little help from Vlad) can be demonstrably proven to have been a Dumb Thing, might they not swing back towards sensible politics.

TBC anyway. I feel it's like with children. No point saying 'if you do that, you'll hurt yourself". Let them feel the pain, then they might learn a lesson.

Comment

Comment

Comment

In all three of those, if making bad and regressive choices (which they have all done - with not a little help from Vlad) can be demonstrably proven to have been a Dumb Thing, might they not swing back towards sensible politics.

TBC anyway. I feel it's like with children. No point saying 'if you do that, you'll hurt yourself". Let them feel the pain, then they might learn a lesson.
                                                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Leaving aside the 15km jokes, we got the kid new trainers at the weekend. He's got it in his head that these shoes make him run 'super-fast' and is racing everywhere like Usain Bolt. Any time he leaves the house its about putting on the shoes to go super-fast. He talks about them at night before sleeping, breakfast is a conversation about the super-fastness that will be done that day. It's a very very cute age (3yo) - just the absolute innocence and excitement over the most mundane things. We talk days in advance about an upcoming haircut and he just can't wait. There's a treehouse stay next week where the major event for a month now has been that they give you helmets with torches on them as there's no electricity in a treehouse. The excitement there is absolutely off the roof. Other big events this year have included jumping super-high and playing Super Mario super-good. Super-fucking-everything.
                                                      This is class.
                                                      My little one is turning 11 months, current favour part of her life is "row row row your boat", she can't wait for the "if you see a crocodile don't forget to..." part so that she can scream.
                                                      Also have to lower the base of the crib this weekend, in the middle of the night I went into her as she was giving out (wanting a feed), she was standing up in the crib trying to pull herself over the railings....
                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Leaving aside the 15km jokes, we got the kid new trainers at the weekend. He's got it in his head that these shoes make him run 'super-fast' and is racing everywhere like Usain Bolt. Any time he leaves the house its about putting on the shoes to go super-fast. He talks about them at night before sleeping, breakfast is a conversation about the super-fastness that will be done that day. It's a very very cute age (3yo) - just the absolute innocence and excitement over the most mundane things. We talk days in advance about an upcoming haircut and he just can't wait. There's a treehouse stay next week where the major event for a month now has been that they give you helmets with torches on them as there's no electricity in a treehouse. The excitement there is absolutely off the roof. Other big events this year have included jumping super-high and playing Super Mario super-good. Super-fucking-everything.
                                                        We’re at that stage as well. It’s a shame it won’t last but I’m trying to make the absolute most of it. Off to the beach in a little while with a picnic and gas cooker. Paddling pool refreshed for later and bringing her to her first local GAA training session tmrw. Then a party in a forest on Sunday. Great times.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Comment

My two are that age too. They seem to spend most of their time whispering and plotting tbh

Comment

@ Hitch, do you do any actual work or just spend your days picking fights and arguing with everyone on twitter?

Not having a go BTW, just surprises me every time i look at my feed, you're there, poking the bear.

Can I suggest you start on Gemma O'D? She's a mad wan

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                  @ Hitch, do you do any actual work or just spend your days picking fights and arguing with everyone on twitter?

Not having a go BTW, just surprises me every time i look at my feed, you're there, poking the bear.

Can I suggest you start on Gemma O'D? She's a mad wan
                                                                  She was down this way investigating why Bill Clinton was here. Absolute looney toon.

Comment

Comment

Sri Lanka fairly collapsed. left the house after 10th over thinking they were looking good, not to be

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        Runway was permitted in 2007.

The noise regulator stuff has very little to do with Ross, had been ongoing for some time and should have actually been in a couple of years at this stage. The airport had to delay their plans until it was approved recently and it still won't be enacted until later in the year delaying things further. And can guarantee any permission will be judicially reviewed so the mess will continue
                                                                        The planning was running out in 2017 from memory, so they had to reapply however that planning didn’t allow sufficient flights during 2300-0600 so they’d to jump through hoops for that.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        Having opinions on matters he doesn't understand and being spectacularly wrong is basically Hitch's USP.

Literally every Twitter chat we have is me correcting him about why he's gotten something wrong. I will say this for him, the last one I pulled him up on he did correct and remove it.

Growth.
                                                                        I know your USP is smugness but I think one of the great things on this thread is debate/wide range of topics brought up. If we all had to stick to our specialist subjects it’s be boring enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                          I know your USP is smugness but I think one of the great things on this thread is debate/wide range of topics brought up. If we all had to stick to our specialist subjects it’s be boring enough.
                                                                          Let he without a deep sense of personal satisfaction cast the first stone GL2M.

Although you're right, I am smug. I'm actually just ribbing Hitch, I like that we don't see eye-to-eye. It's fun and he's good to debate with.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                            We’re at that stage as well. It’s a shame it won’t last but I’m trying to make the absolute most of it. Off to the beach in a little while with a picnic and gas cooker. Paddling pool refreshed for later and bringing her to her first local GAA training session tmrw. Then a party in a forest on Sunday. Great times.
                                                                            Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            My two are that age too. They seem to spend most of their time whispering and plotting tbh
                                                                            Next IPB outing will need to be in playzone or something.
                                                                            Mine's the same age, the current piece of news is the arrival of the 'big girl bed'
                                                                            saturday while she is out at her cousins birthday party.
                                                                            Having successfully plotted to get everyone out of the house so daddy can put it all together, I plan on tossing the lads delivering it a score and then spending the day in the pub
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                              The planning was running out in 2017 from memory, so they had to reapply however that planning didn’t allow sufficient flights during 2300-0600 so they’d to jump through hoops for that.
                                                                              Sort of ye, they had to extend the existing permission. The problem being with the permission is that there is currently no restrictions on operations at the airport but if they where to start operating the new runway the restrictions kick in re the night time operating hours which would screw up things. Prob try to sort it out later in the year when the new regulator is up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                Mine's the same age, the current piece of news is the arrival of the 'big girl bed'
                                                                                Having successfully plotted to get everyone out of the house so daddy can put it all together, I plan on tossing the lads delivering it a score and then spending the day in the pub
                                                                                My eldest finished up in primary school today.

Ironically she is also getting a new bed delivered tomorrow. Unrelated to educational status updates.

Comment

My eldest finished up in primary school today.

Ironically she is also getting a new bed delivered tomorrow. Unrelated to educational status updates.
                                                                                  got my first call up today to discuss the attitude of my youngest. apparently, he just doesn't get on with his maths teacher. his grades are fine but his attitude stinks in the last term.

Have to say it did rattle me a little, didn't enjoy it!!

Bring on the hols. one week to go before 2 months off (for them, not me)

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

45.9 degrees in one place in France today. Previous highest temperature on record was 44.1 degrees. That's some jump.

36/37 degrees in Rennes which is torture on the very few minutes spent outdoors.
                                                                                        Ah, the old 'fried brain excuse.

Have a jumper on here and pondering how best to bbq without getting frostbite.

Comment

Ah, the old 'fried brain excuse.

Have a jumper on here and pondering how best to bbq without getting frostbite.
                                                                                          Petrol!

Comment

What fucking genius decided to make the Friday of Derby festival an afternoon meeting.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              Can we get an IPB kids soccer match? Relive the glory days. Solks two finn imports to do some real damage I reckon.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

45.9 degrees in one place in France today. Previous highest temperature on record was 44.1 degrees. That's some jump.

36/37 degrees in Rennes which is torture on the very few minutes spent outdoors.
                                                                                                The folks own a place In Gallargues the town that recorded the temp. Nice little place

Comment

I was in France today. It was hotter here when I got home! Long, but productive day.

Last edited by Guest; 28-06-19, 19:38.

Comment

Lol the thanks is for the edit. Already went down the

route.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Got the mail from eir there confirming no more BT sports from August. They went with having all 48 rugby World Cup games as a way to soften blow. so maybe 12 competitive games?

Comment

Just because I know nothing about the mechanics of a plane that size or sky-level temperatures - would it not have been roasting in that plane?
                                                                                                          Today was actually very tricky. Normally the temperature drops about 2C per 1000 ft so you'd expect about 4C at the 8000 ft I cruised at today. In fact it was still 19C there which made engine cooling very tricky. I had to fly at quite a low power setting to avoiding cooking the cylinders.
                                                                                                          In terms of cabin comfort you can get a pretty good blast from the fan when you're doing 300 kmh that does enough to avoid being uncomfortable even with a high outside temp. Sitting on the ground without the engine running its like a greenhouse.
                                                                                                          It was also quite hazy today which dampened down the radiant heat.
                                                                                                          All that said, my iPad didn't enjoy sitting in the direct sunlight and decided it needed a break to cool down somewhere over the Bristol Channel.

Comment

Any experience with property auctions? Looking at apts,

How do they generally go? It's 285k the min here for example, what if it didn't reach that? Wonder how much more they'd go for etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              Got the mail from eir there confirming no more BT sports from August. They went with having all 48 rugby World Cup games as a way to soften blow. so maybe 12 competitive games?
                                                                                                              Tell them you don't consider minority sports a proper consolation for the loss of service!

When they try to debate Rugby's position as a minority sport, ask them what they consider a sport where the two best countries on the planet have populations of about 5 million and rugby is only 4th choice in one of those

Then ask for a discount on your bill!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Today was actually very tricky. Normally the temperature drops about 2C per 1000 ft so you'd expect about 4C at the 8000 ft I cruised at today. In fact it was still 19C there which made engine cooling very tricky. I had to fly at quite a low power setting to avoiding cooking the cylinders.
                                                                                                                    In terms of cabin comfort you can get a pretty good blast from the fan when you're doing 300 kmh that does enough to avoid being uncomfortable even with a high outside temp. Sitting on the ground without the engine running its like a greenhouse.
                                                                                                                    It was also quite hazy today which dampened down the radiant heat.
                                                                                                                    All that said, my iPad didn't enjoy sitting in the direct sunlight and decided it needed a break to cool down somewhere over the Bristol Channel.
                                                                                                                    Literally getting a nervous rumble in the tummy just thinking of being inside that tin can at that height. Balls of steel.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Mia has 3 weeks left to practice for audition for Lurgan.

She's, trying so hard. Needs new strings on guitar if any critics about.

She busting to get into the music part of Lurgan. Really hope she gets something. http://youtu.be/Bzpd4mQ10bs

Course A finished
                                                                                                                      Emily Daly, Síofra Ní Chúile, Brian Ó Curnáin, John Gray agus James Connolly Caipilín: Cois Fharraige BánInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/tg.lurgan/?...T...
                                                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 28-06-19, 22:42.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        What fucking genius decided to make the Friday of Derby festival an afternoon meeting.
                                                                                                                        Thought the exact same earlier. Always was a great night with music in kildare town after. They must know something we don't.

Comment

I think the idea was to try replicate the success of the 3.30pm start times at the Punchestown festival, to attract the 'take a sneaky half day from work' crew.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X