Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else going to see Limmy on Thursday

Feel i owe this guy the price of a ticket.

Comment

...Happy with these changes...Always felt that November was too long a wait to have final table...Will be interesting to see how good the coverage is since they are showing from day 1... plus seems to be coverage of other events too, yay...

Comment

...Off to see take that with herself for Christmas...she doesn't know I have a secret crush on Gary Barlow...I know probably 3 of their songs so could be a long night...hopefully the vodka is strong enough to help me😂...

Comment

Lavezzi pulled off this pose during his photoshoot for his new club in China. He must have missed that episode of Father Ted!

Comment

Is Lavezzi on something like a million a week? Doubt he gives a bollox what people think of him

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  A question:

Friends just had a baby, and daughter was going to draw a pic to include with the prezzie we're sending. Them holding the baby happily, standard kid crap. Given he's black, I presume he should be coloured in black in the pic? She gave one go of it, and I'll be honest it looked kinda weird to have a see-through mummy and baby and a pure black daddy. Hmm should the baby be black too?
                  Big affro hair maybe suffice?
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Kids passport came back this morning, exactly 4 weeks to the day, not bad I guess.

Btw it's a lovely book with very nice Irish illustrations on the pages, Cliffs of Moher, Celtic designs, gaa, fokelore, that sort of thing. etc.

It's 10 days for passport express, current live stats are on their website: https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/ so your postmaster/mistress is fos and is probably remembering one case where the person fcked up their application. They're really efficient these days. One of the few gov departments that took the crisis to heart and improved how they do things.

Edit: Also Brit applications have been put in a separate process, so aren't really affecting the Irish applications.
                    Originally posted by Blip View Post
                    Yep I was thinking he was exaggerating, but I wouldn't believe those figures on the site, I got a passport done a couple of years ago and it was weeks not days before it came back. Anyway we have a live example and let's see how it gets on.

Comment

Comment

A question:

Friends just had a baby, and daughter was going to draw a pic to include with the prezzie we're sending. Them holding the baby happily, standard kid crap. Given he's black, I presume he should be coloured in black in the pic? She gave one go of it, and I'll be honest it looked kinda weird to have a see-through mummy and baby and a pure black daddy. Hmm should the baby be black too?

Comment

A question:

Show the kid a photo of them all and leave it up to her. That way it's totally her work and not contrived. Kids are more smart than us!

Comment

A question:

All of the kids at the creche have pictures hanging up in the stair well. One of them drew a picture of himself and with a speech bubble coming out of his mouth saying 'My name is **** and I have brown skin'. Bit bizarre for him to draw it, and them to hang it up!

Comment

Put 50 quid worth of petrol into my diesel car today. A further €190 to have it removed. That fool proof system where the nozzle won't fit hasn't met a fool like me yet.

Comment

Comment

Maybe I'll ask her to aim towards something like this

I would just let the child do it themself. No prompting. If they have seen picture of both parent and baby she will work it out in her mind. No need to fill in the colours for her. I am sure the family will appreciate the effort no matter what she comes up with.

Comment

Comment

My wife gets 229.4 hours of leave per year. I get 26 days.

That, I feel, sums up the difference between the publuc and private sectors.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Put 50 quid worth of petrol into my diesel car today. A further €190 to have it removed. That fool proof system where the nozzle won't fit hasn't met a fool like me yet.

It is a fool proof system, if you drive a petrol car

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                          Anyone else going to see Limmy on Thursday

Feel i owe this guy the price of a ticket.
                                          Goin on 5th June. Can't wait
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Foolproof but not idiot proof.

In fairness to it it works the other way around which is much more important in that you can just drain most of the petrol out and run the deisel engine but you will banjax the petrol with a small drop of diesel.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

WTF does that mean?
                                              If you nip out to the bookies for an hour is that a lump of yer holliers gone?

Comment

By that reckoning my missus must get about 600 hours per year ... or was getting as and from next year that will be more than doubled as she'll take early retirement and just work the number of days needed to make up the difference.
                                                Shocking

Comment

Was speaking to a pal back in Dublin who's moved up from the West to a posh part of town. He was saying his kid was expelled from the crèche within a few months of arriving. A bit of pushing other kids that the kid passed through a stage of, then the final straw was him pouring a bucket of blocks (plastic ones) over another kids head. The crèche worker diagnosed him with some childhood disorder on the way out the door and suggest he get treatment.

A few things:

1. This guy is the most sane realistic person in the world and I don't think he was being biased in saying the kid is just a bit energetic

2. The kid is apparently feeling awful about the whole thing, thinking he is wrong in some way (to the extent that a four year old can think such things)

3. What the fck is a crèche worker doing diagnosing kids of worried parents with medical disorders?

4. Since when did creches start expelling kids because they can't do their own job and look after then?

I full suspect it's due to the snowflake area he moved into. Some of the bullshit they called parenting in Howth was mad. Remember one parent saying how she wasn't letting her kid play contact sport until 8 or so, so he wouldn't grow up thinking that fighting was the way to win. Another parent had their daughter keep a diary for a year showing how she would take care of a puppy if she had one, in order to prove she was ready for a puppy. Just let kids be kids ffs.
                                                  That is an absolute disgrace. Wouldn't let that shit go if I was him.

Comment

Season 1 of Detectorists just started on BBC 2.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Lol good move by Denny in not putting his money where his mouth was with rd3 today

Although as the snl sketch says 'nothing he does matters, absolutely​ nothing'

Comment

Pretty much same calculation used, pay slips of people in the private sector who get paid by the hour will look more like hers than yours

Comment

Isn't it technically US soil though?
                                                          Nope. Only in Hollywood.To create a small US territory within Ireland would be very difficult.
                                                          The area is irish territory, and subject to Irish Laws. The american border officers at the airport have no real power. They can't arrest you, they can't search you, they've no weapons (ultimate symbol of power loss).

The US embassies isn't US soil either.

Meh, it stops fools with petrol engines filling filling up with diesel.
                                                          Fools with diesel are still running the risk.

Comment

All you had to do was pour in litre of oil into tank and fill to throat with diesel. Done a few times myself. Petrol into diesel car not anywhere as bad as diesel into petrol. Keep topping up for a few days and you wouldn't even notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              WTF does that mean?
                                                              If you nip out to the bookies for an hour is that a lump of yer holliers gone?
                                                              Only if you were stupid enough to put in a leave request for it.

By leave accrued 12.66 hours per month (156 hours per year/76 hours sick leave).
                                                              Normally itwas book at a rate of 7.6hours per day.
                                                              But if you wanted to book off a half, you could put in 3 hours and piss off at lunch.

but only people in payroll would be that anal, the rest of us would just work up the 3 hours (or say they did )

I must say, I'm finding retirement boring. I must return to the workforce soon

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                All you had to do was pour in litre of oil into tank and fill to throat with diesel. Done a few times myself. Petrol into diesel car not anywhere as bad as diesel into petrol. Keep topping up for a few days and you wouldn't even notice.
                                                                Yes, but he put too much petrol in it.

Comment

I wouldn't be taking this 'advice' even if it was offered by TheSoberOne at 3:40 in the afternoon.

A lot of modern diesel cars have fillers that won't accept a petrol nozzle.

Comment

Comment

Nothing the Donald does will sway me from my undying love for Ivanka.

Comment

Yea I think I'd rather pay the man than pour George's Marvellous Medicine into a machine worth 10k+!
                                                                        Most things I read said the petrol in a diesel was the worse combo.

@Morihei....my car has a little mechanism to stop the petrol nozzle but I assumed something was broken and manage to make it work!

Comment

Yea I think I'd rather pay the man than pour George's Marvellous Medicine into a machine worth 10k+!
                                                                          Most things I read said the petrol in a diesel was the worse combo.

@Morihei....my car has a little mechanism to stop the petrol nozzle but I assumed something was broken and manage to make it work!
                                                                          Okayyyy so you are now a pilot don't press the foooooking button.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Pretty much same calculation used, pay slips of people in the private sector who get paid by the hour will look more like hers than yours
                                                                            She gets paid by the month.

(I did hear a very upper class English toff once refer to the working class as 'the weekly waged')

Comment

Good job you don't fuel your own planes

Comment

Ah the whole 'that story is not technically exactly correct' denial
                                                                                i.e. "yeah Trump told Lavrov stuff he shouldn't have but used much smaller words than what you fake media said"

Denny, any sign of them odds?

Comment

New WW started.
                                                                                  Not playing will probably keep an eye in there for the expected car crash

Comment

i.e. "yeah Trump told Lavrov stuff he shouldn't have but used much smaller words than what you fake media said"

Denny, any sign of them odds?
                                                                                    “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,”

Comment

My old school m8 there?
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

U wot m8?

Comment

Bing bong. Ladies and gentlemen I have put the wrong fuel in again. We will be making a small diversion. I hope the fk the N3 isn't too busy today. Arrrghhhhhhhhhh oh a spot of luck there we landed on Denny Cranes pension book. Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            Zuutroy - where can you fly to and how many people can you take? About time we organised a HHE evening at the races in some far flung destination like Goodwood or Killarney or somewhere like that.
                                                                                            Will you be divulging tonight's tip at some stage or would you prefer not to?
                                                                                            Cheers

Comment

She gets paid by the month.

(I did hear a very upper class English toff once refer to the working class as 'the weekly waged')
                                                                                              ya, but the payroll system will also be handling hourly contracts, so set it up to handle all

My holidays look like that & im not paid by hour, but everyone who works for me is, so my holidays look like hers not yours

Comment

52 year old cousin hung herself yesterday. What kind of torture must a mind be in to do something like that leaving a 12 and 7 year old behind? Her sister found her and performed CPR on her to no avail, cant get that image out of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                  52 year old cousin hung herself yesterday. What kind of torture must a mind be in to do something like that leaving a 12 and 7 year old behind? Her sister found her and performed CPR on her to no avail, cant get that image out of my head.
                                                                                                  Jesus that's horrendous. Sorry to hear that.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

That's just tragic.

Comment

I am very sorry Horatio. It's a strange complicated grief.

Her sister must be shattered. The whole family too.

Comment

Still funny but not .yikes
                                                                                                        If you’re known as someone who cannot keep a secret, the world’s secret-keepers are not going to tell you much.

So just how bad is the damage? On a scale of 1 to 10—and I’m just ball parking here—it’s about a billion. The story, which has since been confirmed by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Reuters, Buzzfeed, and CNN, notes that the president could have jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State. Not America’s source. Somebody else’s. Presumably from an allied intelligence service who now knows that the American president cannot be trusted with sensitive information.

The type of information Trump cavalierly shared fell under a classification known as “code word,” according to the Post. There are three basic levels of classified information. Confidential information is defined as anything that could reasonably be expected to “cause damage” to American national security if shared without authorization. Secret information is one step up, considered to have the potential to cause “serious damage” if revealed. Top Secret information is a higher classification level still, comprising anything that could reasonably be expected to cause “exceptionally grave damage” to U.S. national security if revealed.

Code word is beyond Top Secret. It limits access to classified information to a much narrower pool of people to provide an extra layer of security. Many secrets are super-secrets—Harry Truman, as vice president, didn’t know about the Manhattan project. He learned of it only after Franklin Delano Roosevelt died and Truman was sworn in as president. Code word classification is so far off the scale, even fake spies rarely refer to it in the movies. Technically, the president can "declassify" anything he wants, so he did not violate any laws. But as Lawfare notes, if the president tweeted out the nuclear codes, he also wouldn't violate the law—but he would rightly be considered unfit for office.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                          Zuutroy - where can you fly to and how many people can you take? About time we organised a HHE evening at the races in some far flung destination like Goodwood or Killarney or somewhere like that.
                                                                                                          Can only take 3 pax and within Ireland is the limit at the moment. Still on the club aircraft which limits things. If you wait until I buy my own I'll have more freedom.

This has space for 6 but running costs are a bit stiff, as is the purchase price:

http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=35893

Comment

So BetFreds 11/4 on the Trump Presidency ending this year is close to a lock, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              So BetFreds 11/4 on the Trump Presidency ending this year is close to a lock, yeah?
                                                                                                              Unless he turns on religion (the kind republicans like) or guns he'll be ok pretty much. Republicans are spineless and won't turn on him for nearly anything else.

Comment

2017 has only shortened from 6 ish to 4 on BF with '18 and '19 steady enough and 2020 or later still evens
                                                                                                                Solid enough market with 380K matched so far.
                                                                                                                I would have thought that impeachment would be more likely in 19 after mid term elections.
                                                                                                                He's still as likely to just die or just run away IMO

If this intel story sticks the insult to his ego will be a significant factor hard to imagine what he will do to salve it It will certainly make it hard for him to continue to disguise from the deluded idiots who support and enable him that he is nothing more a very dumb little bully boy.

Comment

Goodbye cardsharing. We had a good run

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    I can get an Outbound sales call done with a discount if ya like
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      come aboard the kodi express, we have lots of room
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Spotify Pre-Sale for The National in Vicars street currently ongoing. The Code is 'THESYSTEM'. Just managed to get two.

Opr

Comment

They have a very advanced system to ensure one thing alone cannot take trump down
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          .

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X