Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denny, have you given consideration to the fact that this lady may in fact be a machine elf? The portal is open.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A girl I work with. Totally sound, sane and beautiful, she is also an accomplished athlete. I just wondering if I should stay the fk away from her. Every time I speak to her she listens to every word, smiles broadly and seems to be very kind.

I’m guessing I’ve stumbled upon a freak of nature and think I should steer well clear of her as wimmin like her are the most dangerous of all. Give me a Denny freak show psycho any day,.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        A girl I work with. Totally sound, sane and beautiful, she is also an accomplished athlete. I just wondering if I should stay the fk away from her. Every time I speak to her she listens to every word, smiles broadly and seems to be very kind.
        Probably should, the Forthcoming restraining order would make getting your morning coffee difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          Probably should, the Forthcoming restraining order would make getting your morning coffee difficult
          You see rounders . I opened up . Look ya see ya see.?

Comment

You see rounders . I opened up . Look ya see ya see.?

Comment

Denny you make human interaction sound like a competition.

.. run rings around...
              ... take her on...
              .. have a go at you....
              ...go up against...

Maybe if you didn't need to "win" or "dominate" while interacting with this lady, things might take on a different perspective. She could well be picking up on this and playing up to it.

Just an honest observation. Feel free to tell me to get fooked.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Why in the name of jaysis would you choose American Express as your corporate card provider for your European operation?

people laughing at me here when I optimistically produce it to pay for shit
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Why in the name of jaysis would you choose American Express as your corporate card provider for your European operation?

If your biggest shareholder also happened to be the biggest shareholder in AMEX that might just explain why
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Denny you make human interaction sound like a competition.

.. run rings around...
                    ... take her on...
                    .. have a go at you....
                    ...go up against...

Maybe if you didn't need to "win" or "dominate" while interacting with this lady, things might take on a different perspective. She could well be picking up on this and playing up to it.

Just an honest observation. Feel free to tell me to get fooked.
                    Think you're reading too much into the language I used. I was the passive participant in the interactions I had with her.

Comment

Such a nuisance, I curse that card on an almost daily basis. Spent the last couple of working days in Frankfurt and my hotel was the only place it was accepted.

Comment

Why is it not accepted? Higher fees or are they muscled out by the other two? Would have though AmEx customers would be more valuable?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Why is it not accepted? Higher fees or are they muscled out by the other two? Would have though AmEx customers would be more valuable?
                          They have evolved into a very Trumpian business, over relying on an absolutely bogus perception of bling and being somehow upmarket when in fact all they have is inferior products and technology.
                          It is very odd because despite the presence of people like Buffet they seem to have shrunk their international penetration over the last decades at a time that the duopoly who are cleaning up across most of the world is ripe for the taking and there is no one in the west better placed to expand the networks and make the required investment than them.

Comment

Checked my spam folder last night and found out I won tickets to the snake pit for metallica for slane (basically in the stage)

Metallica - Don't Tread On MeFull song from Snake Pit, good HD quality!Sonisphere Kalasatama Helsinki 4.6.2012 Setlist:1. Hit The Lights2. Master Of Puppets3...

One of the best.worst problems I've had a in a while, having to pick between my brother/one of my best mates/my gf. Just gonna have to draw straws.

Comment

oh leo.

I get international relations are hard but ffs...
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nice! Didn't even know there was a competition, looking forward to the gig now.
                                Although not been lsitening to them, mostly just Tool for a gig in July, must look up some setlists.

Knew I shouldn't have bought tickets before now, see gold tickets for like 80 and that will lower even more. Then again everybody I'm with is in regular so I'd prefer to be there.

I see there is no Zone A actually being set up, so regular standing got ripped off by a tenner.

Comment

Formula for the setlist is basically
                                  SPOILER

18 songs

3-5 Hardwired (hardwired, moth, atlas, now that we're dead, here comes)
                                  6-7 Classics (one, puppets, bells, death, seek, last two songs of encore are sandman and nothing else matters)
                                  1 of st anger/frantic
                                  Whiskey
                                  X amount of deeper cuts, e.g. memory remains, god that failed, a lot of tour debuts.
                                  1 encore from lord of summer, blackened, fight fire

Comment

Listening to some hardwired, doesn't seem half bad. Kinda wish they'd give up on thinking they make good stuff any more tho.

Comment

Looks like Slane could be a washout.

I'm going to them in Estonia in July. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        Listening to some hardwired, doesn't seem half bad. Kinda wish they'd give up on thinking they make good stuff any more tho.
                                        Why ? Don't get that mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          pretty sure i read somewhere they charge businesses more than twice as much as visa/mastercard re transactions, which is why a lot of places don't accept them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            I listened to the collab with Lou Reed the other day for the first time. While not exactly good it was nowhere near as bad as I'd expected (or the vast majority of reviews at the time made out).

Pretty bizarre mind you but I applaud them both for trying I suppose.

Comment

Am going to Slane also, should be good craic - spending two nights with my two bros and a few others in a caravan one of them just bought, will be *interesting* to say the least! Heading there the minute I leave work tomorrow...

Comment

Has anyone seen The Streets live recently? There is a festival on just down the road from me next weekend and they are a headline act. Will also take suggestions to check out other acts

KIRCHNER HOCHTIEF
                                                15:20 - 16:00 ANGER
                                                16:00 - 16:40 LES BIG BYRD
                                                16:40 - 17:25 MAVI PHOENIX
                                                17:25 - 18:10 CARI CARI
                                                18:10 - 19:00 DE STATE
                                                19:00 - 19:55 KATE TEMPEST
                                                19:55 - 20:50 THE TWILIGHT SAD
                                                20:50 - 22:00 FROM WAY LISBETH
                                                22:00 - 23:00 BALTHAZAR
                                                23:00 - 12:20 THE STREETS
                                                12:50 - 02:00 MONOLINK
                                                * POWERED BY CALLIES & SCHEWE

15:10 - 15:40 JONAS NOACK
                                                16:00 - 17:00 SURPRISE SLOT
                                                17:00 - 19:30 MUSCLE HORSE TRESSURE *
                                                17:25 - 18:10 Tascosa
                                                19:00 - 19:50 SPIRAL DRIVE
                                                19:40 - 20:30 SCHRENG SCHRENG & LA LA
                                                20:50 - 21:40 Tomberlin
                                                21:00 - 21:50 YASSIN
                                                22:00 - 23:00 ALELA DIANE
                                                23:00 - 23:50 CAPTAIN PLANET
                                                23:15 - 12:30 TBA
                                                12:20 - 01:10 RAKETKANON
                                                02:00 - 03:00 PLANET WOLF

Comment

Why ? Don't get that mentality.
                                                  Think people have been telling them to stick to the old stuff since Ride the Lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                    Has anyone seen The Streets live recently? There is a festival on just down the road from me next weekend and they are a headline act. Will also take suggestions to check out other acts
                                                    My other half saw them in the Olympia a few months back and said they were great.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

KIRCHNER HOCHTIEF
                                                      15:20 - 16:00 ANGER
                                                      16:00 - 16:40 LES BIG BYRD
                                                      16:40 - 17:25 MAVI PHOENIX
                                                      17:25 - 18:10 CARI CARI
                                                      18:10 - 19:00 DE STATE
                                                      19:00 - 19:55 KATE TEMPEST
                                                      19:55 - 20:50 THE TWILIGHT SAD
                                                      20:50 - 22:00 FROM WAY LISBETH
                                                      22:00 - 23:00 BALTHAZAR
                                                      23:00 - 12:20 THE STREETS
                                                      12:50 - 02:00 MONOLINK
                                                      * POWERED BY CALLIES & SCHEWE

15:10 - 15:40 JONAS NOACK
                                                      16:00 - 17:00 SURPRISE SLOT
                                                      17:00 - 19:30 MUSCLE HORSE TRESSURE *
                                                      17:25 - 18:10 Tascosa
                                                      19:00 - 19:50 SPIRAL DRIVE
                                                      19:40 - 20:30 SCHRENG SCHRENG & LA LA
                                                      20:50 - 21:40 Tomberlin
                                                      21:00 - 21:50 YASSIN
                                                      22:00 - 23:00 ALELA DIANE
                                                      23:00 - 23:50 CAPTAIN PLANET
                                                      23:15 - 12:30 TBA
                                                      12:20 - 01:10 RAKETKANON
                                                      02:00 - 03:00 PLANET WOLF
                                                      Im putting the Dom line at 1 for this

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        Im putting the Dom line at 1 for this
                                                        He defo heard of The Streets and TBA

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Am going to Slane also, should be good craic - spending two nights with my two bros and a few others in a caravan one of them just bought, will be *interesting* to say the least! Heading there the minute I leave work tomorrow...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                By the way, and this is a mixture of heresy and tragedy, but I'm not sure the new Black Mirrors are actually any good
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                Ep1 was the best of the 3
                                                                Ep2 was a bit meh
                                                                Ep3 was ok, but pretty much all over the place
                                                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 06-06-19, 13:24.

Comment

SPOILERS!!

I hate even hearing if people like it or not.

Comment

I told the boss I wasn't going to a meeting tomorrow due to 'losing my voice'. He said you are going to that meeting even if being silent.

What medicine can I say I took to get my voice back?

And yep I am a 41 year old grown adult trying to fake a sick cert.

A vague memory tells me that maybe steroids are what they give you when you lose your voice.
                                                                    Manuka honey obv
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I think she might have a chance tbh

not a bad bet @ 20/1

Comment

What a catch in the cricket.

Comment

Just go on the sauce tonight hitch?

Comment

Our company did the same, makes for an interesting standoff when we are bring a big set of clients out for the night near payday. Everyone looking at each other to figure out who wants to expense the night.

If you find anywhere that takes it and is halfway decent let me know.

Comment

Enjoying "Huge in France" on Netflix. Some marvellously fucked up characters.
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Fuck, left this morning without my headphones.
                                                                                Been meaning to pick up a pair of bluetooth ones.
                                                                                Any brick and mortar recommendations around Baggot St?
                                                                                Or pick up a fiver pair of buds in spar and order online?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                  He defo heard of The Streets and TBA
                                                                                  Correct, as long as TBA means "To Be Announced" and is not the actual name of a band.

The rest is totally alien to me obviously.

Comment

...

Comment

Ye guys are useless on medical advice btw. Not criticising just pointing out your limitations
                                                                                      Maybe just put something on your balls to make them grow?

Comment

.

What medicine can I say I took to get my voice back?
                                                                                        You are doing it wrong, your voice is not fixed just fake a croak and whisper when you absolutely have to speak

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                          What a catch in the cricket.
                                                                                          pics or gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            pics or gtfo
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              I think she might have a chance tbh

not a bad bet @ 20/1
                                                                                              I wanted to get a sense of her and found she was on same thing as Rory Stewart, Conversations with History in 2007. I learnt some things I didn't know from her interview at the linked time point:

Comment

I have all my bills going through Amex, my paypal linked to it and my Google pay. Use it pretty regularly to build up the points.
                                                                                                Up until last year was able to pay my tax bill with it which was v satisfying to game some points out of. I have had plenty of use out of the airport lounge access, well over and above the fee. It wouldn't be attractive to me at all as a normal day to day card if i hadnt been able to offset the fee must admit tho.
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                  SPOILERS!!

I hate even hearing if people like it or not.
                                                                                                  You're in a very bad mood today.

Comment

My word the last episode of the Virtues was heavy. Niamh Algar's performance was phenomenal. She's gonna be huge.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      My word the last episode of the Virtues was heavy. Niamh Algar's performance was phenomenal. She's gonna be huge.
                                                                                                      Did you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                        Did you like it?
                                                                                                        Yeah wasn't perfect, bit rushed in parts but overall very good.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Yeah wasn't perfect, bit rushed in parts but overall very good.
                                                                                                          At the risk of after timing, I tried to watch the first episode twice and couldn't get through it. Just found it all too slow moving. Might give it another spin then if its worth sticking with

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                            I have all my bills going through Amex, my paypal linked to it and my Google pay. Use it pretty regularly to build up the points.
                                                                                                            Up until last year was able to pay my tax bill with it which was v satisfying to game some points out of. I have had plenty of use out of the airport lounge access, well over and above the fee. It wouldn't be attractive to me at all as a normal day to day card if i hadnt been able to offset the fee must admit tho.
                                                                                                            I dont get why people are so against them.
                                                                                                            My annual fee is $450. I get $450 fight credit per year. It's never really cost me anything. After that the points, cash back, etc are all benefits.

The lack of acceptance I do get though. On both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              I dont get why people are so against them.
                                                                                                              My annual fee is $450. I get $450 fight credit per year. It's never really cost me anything. After that the points, cash back, etc are all benefits.

The lack of acceptance I do get though. On both sides.
                                                                                                              People aren't against Amex, its the merchants who have to pay an extra 2% and banks who incur costs that are close to impossible to recover and that drives business away from them that are against deploying it.
                                                                                                              The main thing we need to realise is that in reality it is the consumer who pay card fees not the merchant. But if you are a merchant setting your prices and 95% of your business costs 1.5% to collect and the rest costs 3.5% then the 2% difference is pure cost.

Its a different story in markets where they have significant penetration, and with merchants who pick up a lot of business expense trade like hotels and airport retailers.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-06-19, 22:26.

Comment

RIP the Doctor

Comment

WTF has gone wrong in the Fitz? Played the tournament tonight and it was one of the most disorganised games i've ever played. Some of the dealers were terrible too. One dealer took too much from a players stack to call an all-in, and another dealer counted stacks all-in wrong 3 times. Where's HJ when you need him!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    WTF has gone wrong in the Fitz? Played the tournament tonight and it was one of the most disorganised games i've ever played. Some of the dealers were terrible too. One dealer took too much from a players stack to call an all-in, and another dealer counted stacks all-in wrong 3 times. Where's HJ when you need him!
                                                                                                                    That's not a new thing in the Fitz, it was happening 10 years ago and was the reason I stopped playing there. The worst dealers I've ever seen. HJ is gone from there, he mentioned it a few weeks ago.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          That's not a new thing in the Fitz, it was happening 10 years ago and was the reason I stopped playing there. The worst dealers I've ever seen. HJ is gone from there, he mentioned it a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                                          I've played in the Fitz a lot, and you take the good with the bad. But there's usually some sort of structure for a tournament.

I arrived 10 mins late and paid and went upstairs. There was some oulwan that still hadn't been seated yet, so stood there for 2/3 mins. Then we were told to just take seats 1 and 2 at a table. She asked if she can have seat 1, so I jumped into seat 2. It took another few mins for our chips to arrive. Was meant to be a 10k stack, we were both given 9k.

An hour in, they asked for the next BB to be moved. The dealer sent the next 2 big blinds. We bust a couple of players and we're down to 6 players. I asked for another player was told there was only 7 mins left til the break and we should get another player then...

Lots of people had their chips and cards over the lines, are string betting and checking, but not checking. Folding out of turn, but no dealer said anything.

The first all-in was a guy for 31600. The dealer took 36600. He laid both stacks in a neat line so was easy to see. I pointed it out and it took a few mins of 'are you sure' and counting the chips. I felt like I did something wrong.

Another dealer, in the space of 15 mins counted all-in stacks wrong 3 times, and mis-dealt. I only called him on the first 2 because I was starting to feel like a prick. It's not fkin ticket science. As for knowing when to take full ante v half ante...

The fact I stone bubbled in 10th to a donkey AQ<A6 for heaps didn't help, but poor Fergus took the bad beat of the night. Guy opens to 17k at blinds 1500/3000. Fergus tanks and shoves 73k. He is almost beaten into the pot and your man proudly turns over the 106s and flops 2 pairs.

Maybe the standard of play has rubbed off on the staff, and there's still a ton of value in the games,. but they really need to get their act together.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X