Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another swimming medal?

Comment

Moreno filling the now traditional useless fuck Spanish fullback who never plays going fucking mental

Fair fucks to him

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Go on the young Irish lad
        Kelleher. Cork lad. Looked to really enjoy himself before and after trophy presentation. Great to see

Comment

You would think they would tire just a tiny bit of singing YNWA though

Comment

What's the ETA of the Katie Taylor fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              What's the ETA of the Katie Taylor fight?
              Bout 1.30 they reckon

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                FUCKING YES!!!!
                That's the TripAdvisor review gone for a Burton

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Nice one AJ Dom, opr, DP, Rigger, JamieCarra n'all !! Delighted for yiz.
                  FMP

Didn't forget anyone
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Good Omens is the bank holiday treat you've been waiting for. Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman into a TV series. It's amazing.
                    I'm sure its great but it will have to be special to beat Deadwood as the bank holiday TV treat. I'm only half way through and its excellent. David Milch
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I see Trump has endorsed BoJo.

Not sure Boris will be thanking his buddy for this. Quite likely that the Conservative membership recoils in horror at the vulgarity of The Donald.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool
                          Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool
                          Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool
                          Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Deserved it though
                          Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool
                          Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool

Fuck Spurs

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            I'm sure its great but it will have to be special to beat Deadwood as the bank holiday TV treat. I'm only half way through and its excellent. David Milch
                            I know you read it but if you haven't seen it you'll enjoy this; https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...lchs-third-act
                            Read it yesterday, the Q&A with him is fantastic, profound even in his current state.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              Congrats to our Liverpool fans.
                              -200 citizen points and zero access to fresh drinking water.

Comment

Nice one Dom, opr, DP, Rigger, JamieCarra n'all !! Delighted for yiz.
                                points allocation limit reached , report to back of local centra at dawn for processing

Comment

Self indulgent rant ahead. Cliffs dont work in sport

won a semi final 57-3 today, going to into final next week for first final since 1957 vs team who will be at home for the game.

it's been a hectic 3 weeks, we qualified for knockout rounds with 3 games to spare, lost the last game of season to end up with second seed vs possibility of first.

the monday after this a few weeks go called into a meeting, was told I was fired because I was being replaced by a a proven winner, a guy who won 6 championships as a player, as a coach he he has won 3 games in 2 years and was relegated this year. My director announced it to the team joyfully9i havent picked his son in 5 games) and the team revolted, refused to accept new coach and said they only go forward with me. Boss calls me back in and says the team (well 98% of them) support you and I support you, i flipped out and turned into old needling poker self and really was unprofessional going to town criticising him as a person.

regardless of what happens next week i'm fired,(similar to carlo ancelotti at madrid I guess) we carved up today, all the supporters were over the moon and I still cannot even get spoken to a board membersor director. they ignore my wife now, and the funny thing is she is worth more than all of them combined.

I must say though there is a sense of liberation thoguh where I can pick a team and regardless of the result know that all that matters is the performance. it's pure sport without any politics

Comment

Comment

Will I get the fight on Mobdro? If so, what channel?

Comment

Anyone got a stream?

Comment

Anyone got a stream?
                                          Some here:

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Deserved it though
                                            Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool Fuck Liverpool

Fuck Spurs
                                            I whole hearthly endorse this statement and/or product

Comment

Hotspur

Felt corny to say this sober so ...hanging out me arse

Yer no longer spursie; arsie or something is the new club

St fucking arsenal the gowls day!!!

...and yes I may have briefly held an arsenal pub when in London

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                You would think they would tire just a tiny bit of singing YNWA though

insufferable

Liverpool players and fans join together in harmony and belt out a spine tingling rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone after beating Tottenham in the Champio...

Comment

Absolute thievery. Boxing is so bent.

Comment

Goooonn the fat lad

Comment

I think the commentators are wrong, fat lad need to push

Comment

Joshua was out on his arse, never mind his feet

Eyes were swinging like a kid's toy

He was always there to be had, other 2 big names must be pissed to have hung out for the money

Am I the only one watching this?

Comment

Joshua was out on his arse, never mind his feet

Eyes were swinging like a kid's toy

He was always there to be had, other 2 big names must be pissed to have hung out for the money

Am I the only one watching this?
                                                          Watched it. Joshua was stiff as a board and thought he just had to turn up.
                                                          He won't be back to the states. Callum Smith on the other hand looked the real deal.

Delighted for Katie but that was some pretty generous judging
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Heading to Forbidden Fruit 2moro, was gonna pub crawl my way to Kilmainham from Southside. Are there any pubs within an asses roar of that route with good quality jukeboxes?
                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              Can you reset your AIB pin online or over the phone? Or will it take 3 days to send the pin to you? Landed in Ireland an hour ago and left my bank card in Malta

Have my Irish card but don't know the pin. Won't be doing much this week otherwise!
                                                              Probably late here but you can get the pin over the phone with phone banking

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  Watched it. Joshua was stiff as a board and thought he just had to turn up.
                                                                  He won't be back to the states. Callum Smith on the other hand looked the real deal.

Delighted for Katie but that was some pretty generous judging
                                                                  I think he was seriously concussed after round 3,and never got his mind back straight. When he got knocked down again in round 6 or7, his brain/body just shut down.

Wasn't down to lack of preparation

Comment

He got sloppy going for the KO after he got the knockdown and left himself open and never recovered. One of the judges had him ahead on the scorecard. Probably not too surprising considering the Katie Taylor result.

Comment

I would heartily endorse Hang Dai on Camden Street. Went there yesterday evening after an afternoon watching the Epsom derby. First time there but for those who have been, it was impressed upon us it was a brand new menu.

Comment

KEXP YouTube channel is good value for the live music fan.

Comment

Where's Eamo? Haven't seen him post in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            Just an update on the old ticker. I had the halter done and the report sent. I am now on Atenolol which is a beta blocker as I have been diagnosed with Long QT syndrome, just like my eldest. I had been told by the HSE I was fine as was the other two kids, but apparently not! I have to get the kids retested and seen by an Electrophysisist here.

After the halter, I was asked to come for a repeat ECG and the cardio expected to tell me all was ok. It didn't go the way either of us planned! apparently, halter tests can give an inaccurate QTc level and they hand correct an ECG instead. It is also why so many heart arrhythmias are missed as they don't know how to hand correct an ECG for something like long QT.

I was then sent early January for my echo, which showed that the aneurysms are in a good place for me, if they burst, they will disperse into my heart. Which was a HUGE relief for me. They are not worried about my missing artery too much, they will find out what happened there at the Mri, which they are expediting.

On the 12th of April, I get a "king of hearts" monitor fitted for the Long QT, it is an event monitor instead of a halter monitor. Have that on for a week!

My heart rate is now nice and low, the beta blocker keeps it down and even if I exert myself a little, it doesn't hit 145-150 like it used to.

Just getting stuck into my new job, which I am enjoying. Keeps the mind off my health a good bit.

Just hoping the other kids are not affected by the heart thing as it destroys their activities as you can't do sports and also there are 8 pages of meds you can't take.
                                                                            Got my King of Hearts results after getting the test done twice. Got a call a week or so after the 7 day test to say the machine was faulty and had to get it on again.

Had my follow up cardiologist app while I still had the first monitor on and got told that one side of me heart is enlarged but they think it is due to the aneurysm and nothing sinister.

Got the results of the 7 day test to confirm I do 100% have Long QT syndrome and they getting me put on a different beta blocker. She said she thought I was going to be a borderline case if def confirmed. Unfortunately, I am not and it was worse that we all thought.

It was a consultant cardiologist that told me initially about LQT, but it was the EP that confirmed it.

She is wanting a "loop recorder" put into my eldests heart. It may happen to me as well, but just need to wait till I get called to discuss my results.

Comment

Mrs F has inadvertently reminded me of the phrase 'on the QT'.

Does anyone ever say that anymore? A loss to the language if not.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                I would heartily endorse Hang Dai on Camden Street. Went there yesterday evening after an afternoon watching the Epsom derby. First time there but for those who have been, it was impressed upon us it was a brand new menu.
                                                                                Went on work outing there while back amd pre ordered the whole duck, bout 6 courses usimg all the duck and a rake of sides. Was top notch

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Mrs F has inadvertently reminded me of the phrase 'on the QT'.

Does anyone ever say that anymore? A loss to the language if not.
                                                                                      I say it, not often but it's in the repertoire. Until this post I've never actually thought about what the letters stood for, seems glaringly obvious now.
                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-06-19, 22:32.

Comment

1 unpleasant side effect of Liverpools win was being reminded today that the club World Cup still exists and that it’s being expanded to 24 teams soon.Fk off FIFA

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            1 unpleasant side effect of Liverpools win was being reminded today that the club World Cup still exists and that it’s being expanded to 24 teams soon.Fk off FIFA
                                                                                            I can see the UEFA teams boycotting it.
                                                                                            Its effectively asking them to give up a) their summer break and b) their lucrative pre-season friendly tours.
                                                                                            I'd be surprised if FIFA can rustle up enough money in the first edition to make it worth the clubs bothering.

Comment

'When They See Us' on netflix is a worthy watch. Mind blowing... Based on a true story and only 4 episodes.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

That new Blackrock Chinese restaurant (Old Post Office) should be pretty good if they put €1.5m into just the restaurant decor. Anyone been there? Tasting menu looks mighty fine.
                                                                                                Got a dreadful review in the ST today

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  I heartily second that. fantastic food. Also, a little further up Camden st and across from the Bleeding Horse, Pickle is an Indian that is simply brilliant. A little hard to get a booking at the weekend, their lunchtime "Tiffin Boxes" are so good.

Comment

...

Comment

Tweet
                                                                                                      Only just catching up on all the clips doing the rounds in the last hour. My favourite so far.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

You'd go to battle and die for the Sense8 Icelandic girl.
                                                                                                        Tuppence Middleton. What a name.

Comment

More Wheeler Walker Jr. Mildly NSFW

Wheeler Walker Jr’s new record, Fuck You Bitch: All-Time Greatest Hits is available now. Stream or buy the record here: https://orcd.co/wwjr-greatesthitsGet ...

Wheeler's brand new album, WW III, featuring "All The Pussy You Will Slay" and "I Like Smoking Pot (A Lot)" is available now. Get WW III: https://ffm.to/wwii...

Wheeler Walker Jr. performs "I Sucked Another D*** Last Night" from his album WWIII available now!http://www.yourmomshousepodcast.com/https://merchmethod.com...
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ffs hitch

Comment

Too fecking sad

Comment

Zlatan doing what Zlatan does best.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                  Got a dreadful review in the ST today
                                                                                                                  Link?
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

I know the taste ship has already sailed but pretty shitty of whoever posted that clip on social media in the first place.
                                                                                                                      The guy that is in the video obviously posted it

This is how social media is this days. Nothing happens in the world without someone catching it on camera, and then it goes online. Memories and moments like this are never personal anymore; they're for the world to see.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                        Link?
                                                                                                                        If ever there was a case of Chinese whispers, this was it. The mutterings concerned the inception of a new and upmarket oriental restaurant in south Co Dublin, and they began reverberating around the cloisters of the hospitality industry last Christmas, causing much speculation. “The backers are ric

SPOILER

If ever there was a case of Chinese whispers, this was it. The mutterings concerned the inception of a new and upmarket oriental restaurant in south Co Dublin, and they began reverberating around the cloisters of the hospitality industry last Christmas, causing much speculation. “The backers are rich legal eagles, akin to those who got the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge up and running in days of yore” was one conjecture; “the Beijing government” another. The food: would it be Chinese, Japanese, Thai or maybe Malaysian? Who knew.

Come the end of February, flesh had been put on the bones of rumour. The new restaurant would be Chinese; it would in the former post office in Blackrock; and it would be very upmarket.

An interview in March, given by the newly appointed manager Paul Malone to Food & Wine magazine, confirmed the glamour and glitz, saying: “The likes of Hakkasan restaurant in London is more similar to what we are in terms of the style of food we offer and service.” The venue, he described as “stunning” and said the cuisine would be mainly Sichuan but with food from other Chinese regions on the menu to provide variety — and he promised “authenticity”. The opening date was stated to be between April 5 and April 10.

The Old Post Office finally opened on May 22. The day after, I had a lunch date booked with my pal Foodmad, a truffler of the highest order and moreover, like myself, an enthusiast for Chinese food. Foodmad is a devoted disciple of Fuchsia Dunlop, foremost in introducing Sichuan regional cooking to an occidental audience. It seemed appropriate to mark down the Old Post Office for a review.

Sichuan province, in the western interior of China — breeding ground of the rare and exotic panda — is a land of rugged, mountainous terrain, made more impassable by spectacular gorges.

The cuisine is noted for its spiciness, derived largely from the use, singly or in combination, of two ingredients: the tiny, russet berries we know as Sichuan peppercorns; and pungent, red chillies, usually in the dried state. The Chinese themselves sum up Sichuan cooking in two words: “ma” and “la”, meaning “numbing” and “spicy hot”. This combo points up, rather than masks, the main ingredients of any dish.

The flavours of Sichuan food tend to be intense. To achieve this, other flavourings include salt from Zigong, a city near the capital, Chengdu; soy sauce; vinegar; sugar; garlic; and ginger. The culinary idiom can range from simple to extraordinarily complex. Duck, marinated in saltpetre, smoked over camphor wood or aromatic tea, steamed and then deep-fried, is one of the region’s signature dishes. Exciting stuff, eh? The very thought of it had Foodmad and me rubbing our hands in anticipation.

The room is indeed “stunning”. Elegant decor and furthermore, at the rear where we dined, a view over the bay through floor-to-ceiling windows. Service was pleasant and professional. As soon as we sat down I ordered Chinese tea (which, I suspect, turned out to be Japanese green) and the pot was kept an eye on and refreshed throughout the meal.

Choosing wine to accompany Chinese food I find a bit of a trial; in the event a bottle of halbtrocken (off-dry) riesling coped pretty well with everything we ate.

Despite the presence of three chefs from Sichuan, regional fidelity was not much in evidence. “My God, it’s 1990s Wong’s,” exclaimed Foodmad — and I have to say he got it spot on. (For younger readers, Wong’s was a Cantonese restaurant in Ranelagh popular with those of mature years and deep pockets back in the day.)

There were indeed overtones of the trendy chain restaurant Hakkasan, in whose Fitzrovian branch I have dined a few times.

We selected three starters. The crispy duck spring rolls (two for €7) were somewhat flabby and the accompanying sweet-and-sour sauce gloopily and gloomily commercial. The marinated spare ribs (three for €8) hinted at decent meat but the spicing was nowhere in evidence — “ma” and “la” had clearly gone walkabout. The bang-bang chicken, though expensive at €16, was reasonably fettled.

Next we shared a soup (€9), a broth wholly lacking any character, with a scant few prawn-and-chicken wontons lurking under the surface.

The solitary Sichuan representative was a trio of Connemara mountain lamb chops, and I have to say they were of exceptional quality and cooked only a small quibble beyond pink. But the rub (coriander, cumin and chilli) had been applied too sparingly, a culinary technique, or lack of, that was becoming a theme. The dish cost €24, for which a portion of steamed rice or noodles was thrown in. Our other shared main, the aromatic duck, slathered with half a bottle of plum sauce, was, frankly, a shambles; a weak effort that could have been bettered by half a dozen takeaways I could name. Refrying the duck had turned it into tooth-bruising nuggets — “duck scratchings” was our joint verdict. At €26, this was the second most expensive dish on the a la carte lunch menu. The fillet of beef would have cost €32.

We skipped dessert. Pear and chocolate or apricot and apple tarts would not transport us to old Chengdu, we decided. But nor would any of the other dishes we had consumed. Sichuan pepper, chillies, spicy and hot bean paste — was there anyone at home? It was hard not to conclude that what we got was quasi-Chinese food for folk who don’t like Chinese food.

The cooking lacked authenticity for sure. It was also missing that old and honourable Chinese culinary commodity: balls.

Afterwards the thought struck me that the three guys from Sichuan toiling in the kitchen must be going Chinese crackers at the scaredy-cat management whose timidity turned their vibrant, character-building cuisine into a gutless, insipid mishmash.

Lovely as the room is, when it comes to food, the Old Post Office just does not deliver.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

:
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                          Link?
                                                                                                                          Went old fashioned and read it in the paper. Ernie Whaley review anyway. Dull and insipid were two words that stuck in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X