Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So

They don't want

deal
    no deal
    customs union
    single market and customs union
    revoke
    another referendum
    any more votes on any of these ideas.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

These votes getting very tight
      If only there was a few more MPs that had the interests of ireland close to their heart who could step in to break the deadlock an take no deal off the table. If only.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        creepy uncle joe for president is a bad joke, come on. He won’t get out of primaries, why would he even waste his time
        Called it , except he didn’t won’t even make it as far as the primaries at this rate

Comment

P30 pro fucking hell

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            These votes getting very tight
            If only there was a few more MPs that had the interests of ireland close to their heart who could step in to break the deadlock an take no deal off the table. If only.
            A vote was lost by <7, therefore the 7 MPs of SF would have swung it is an inaccurate way of looking at it. The mere presence of SF would instantly bring some wavering Conservatives over to the PMs side.

Comment

Khabib calling out McGregor for being a rapist on Twitter. Delighted for that tosser.
              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

New driving range set up in the Spawell is impressive. Toptracer is fun.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

lol

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

With City's win tonight Man Utd can no longer win the league this year. I'm devastated.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                        New driving range set up in the Spawell is impressive. Toptracer is fun.
                        Ooh about to blow the cobwebs off and hit Celbridge DR tomorrow . Detour to Spawell now . Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          Ooh about to blow the cobwebs off and hit Celbridge DR tomorrow . Detour to Spawell now . Cheers
                          Head upstairs and ask for the TopTracer. Bit expensive on your own and especially at night. If you're going during the day it's not too bad.

Went with the brother in law. Instead of just aimlessly drilling balls in to the sky, there was a bit of competition and crack with long drive and closest to pins etc.

Good for clubbing if you're on your own though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            A vote was lost by <7, therefore the 7 MPs of SF would have swung it is an inaccurate way of looking at it. The mere presence of SF would instantly bring some wavering Conservatives over to the PMs side.
                            Would have thought a paralysed parliament in disarray would be more in line with their aims anyway.

Comment

TSLA down 10% on results that anyone could have expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                Would have thought a paralysed parliament in disarray would be more in line with their aims anyway.
                                Exactly,

This is manna from heaven for the SF long game
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  Exactly,

This is manna from heaven for the SF long game
                                  They really should just rock up one of these days and just sit there staring silently.

Comment

What to do after a long day's Brexit? Board games of course!

Comment

are they still claiming their full expenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        They really should just rock up one of these days and just sit there staring silently.
                                        In the gallery

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This isn't a bad effort

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              This isn't a bad effort

I saw an eleven year old do that a few weeks ago, not sure she meant it though.

Ridiculous skill and touch.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                What to do after a long day's Brexit? Board games of course!
                                                Brexit the Board Game. Let's get our heads together lads. Could have it out for the Christmas market. Will have to over power the DUP a little so people will play as them.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Decent €100/200 omaha ante cash game going on with Jungleman, Ziigmund and others. Never ever seen a guy this wasted playing on stream (he just cracked Ziigmund's AAxx for a 60k+ pot)

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Had a washer/dryer combo and it took forever for the clothes to dry. Seemed like we just had it on all the time. Bought a separate dryer and it's a million times better. I know you're probably restricted with space in an apartment but clothes horse is better than washer/dryer combo imo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Does anyone know anything about the dreary subject of washing machines? Need to get a new one as the old one was shite. Was €600 though, so shouldn't have been that bad. Having said that I've paid €600 for a phone without blinking, and I suppose a washing machine should be a bigger purchase.

Ideally want one that allows you to dry clothes in it where the label says 'don't dry this in a tumble dryer'. I presume modern technology has got around that, but don't have a clue. The apartment is way to small to be drying clothes in.

Have had a look and they all seem to be about washing your clothes through your mobile phone, but none about the basic fundamental need to not use a clothes horse.
                                                          Do you have space to stack a washer and dryer? The dryer is one of the things I use everyday. Cold outside or wrinkled clothes and the clothes are going in the dryer for a few minutes.
                                                          Just got to be careful not to shrink clothes.

Comment

Ideally want one that allows you to dry clothes in it where the label says 'don't dry this in a tumble dryer'. I presume modern technology has got around that, but don't have a clue.
                                                            Pretty sure the only way around this is to check the label on clothes when you are buying them, and choose ones that can be tumble dried.

Agree with Dobby on the seperate machines.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if you haven't been cleaning out the filters in your current machine.

Comment

washer/drier combo is a piece of shit. Get separate or none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  Decent €100/200 omaha ante cash game going on with Jungleman, Ziigmund and others. Never ever seen a guy this wasted playing on stream (he just cracked Ziigmund's AAxx for a 60k+ pot)

https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabGiftedHarePanicVis
                                                                  Link to live stream?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                    Also, it wouldn't surprise me if you haven't been cleaning out the filters in your current machine.
                                                                    E20 error on our washing machine at the moment.
                                                                    I can only imagine what I'm going to pull out of the filter when I get home.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Any washing machine approx 400 ish is perfect. Lable tells u no tumble dryer although in fact my dryer has a cool setting that I can actually dry some clothes that are not meant to be in it.

Clothes horse for 24 hrs air off in dryer 20 to 30 mins

No need for fancy machines. Once they have a quick wash, freshen up wash ( no dirt) they are perfect.

Iv had only 2 in 17 yrs and zannuisi by far the better.

Don't spend anymore than 500 euro madness, they all wash clothes the same way no matter what you spend.

For instance

Like this is amazing...

AddWash

Samsung's innovative AddWash door lets you quickly drop in anything extra at any time during the wash program – whether it's a stray sock that got dropped, hand-washed items for a final rinse or extra softener.

Simply pause the program, and using the extra door located on the upper part of the main door, you can easily add missing clothes or extra detergent without the worry of having to open the main door.

For extra peace of mind, the AddWash door is fitted with a child lock to prevent young children from accidently opening
                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 04-04-19, 22:12.
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

How the fuck are they allowing him to play?!
                                                                            Lots of Shananigan at the table

Obv not the first time they did this...but the first time they realised they were on stream

It was a 'home game' of sorts where a load of friends put up about 30k each and played for a few hours. They were all drinking for hours, but he was far more wasted than another else.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            Link to live stream?
                                                                            Stream finished a while ago. Sorry DP, didn't see this.

Comment

Our washing machine has been hijacked by two ton of children's clothes . I sneak in the odd item now and then . Then wear the crap out of it whilst plotting my next item to sneak in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                Brexit the Board Game. Let's get our heads together lads. Could have it out for the Christmas market. Will have to over power the DUP a little so people will play as them.

Comment

You should be able to get the 600 W/M fixed, they are one home appliance that are still quite repairable.

Also Washer dryer only useful for a single person household

Comment

We didn't bother with a drier when we moved into our place. We have a dehumidifier for the old place because it only had those awful electric storage heaters and that along with a close horse and an aggressive spin cycle gets everything dry seemingly within minutes of coming out of the machine.

Comment

no washing machine compares to a Miele tbh. the rolls of washing machines.

Washer dryers are crap, and we've also gone for the tumble dryer option. the amount of time it saves is incredible, and clothes come out great in terms of very little ironing is required.

Comment

Pro tip: put your washer/dryer upstairs

i.e. where you actually remove and put on your clothes (well, maybe some of you more liberal types just strip off once you get in the door for all I know, or care)

that does remind me of when I lived in an apartment in Temple Bar, inward facing to a courtyard area with more apartments on the other side. The guy living opposite literally never wore a stitch while at home. He said hello to me in the street one time and I didn't recognise him with clothes on.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Pro tip: put your washer/dryer upstairs

i.e. where you actually remove and put on your clothes (well, maybe some of you more liberal types just strip off once you get in the door for all I know, or care)
                                                                                          :
                                                                                          They guy I lived with last year did that and I thought it was a great idea.

We had a few layout options for the house, double doors living room to kitchen, wall between the two or open plan etc.
                                                                                          One option was to put the washing machine & dryer in the downstairs bathroom, I thought it looked fine in the showhouse but she didn't think so.
                                                                                          We had washing machine integrated in the end with a plan to put a dryer in the shed once we get around to building one.
                                                                                          Only 2 of us so none of the issues Ole suffers with.

On an unrelated note, still no internet, mobile modem won't work, beginning to take the piss now.

Comment

I always thought it would make more sense to put bedroom and laundry on the ground floor.

Pretty sure the only way around this is to check the label on clothes when you are buying them, and choose ones that can be tumble dried.

Agree with Dobby on the seperate machines.
                                                                                            I've never used a dryer, always had a (probably) irrational fear of it damaging clothes.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  I always thought it would make more sense to put bedroom and laundry on the ground floor.
                                                                                                  Interesting idea. I love these 'is there any good reasons why its always been done this way?' things.

Heat efficiency (going upwards from kitchen) - probably a good reason why bedrooms are upstairs.
                                                                                                  Delivering and installing white goods - easier not to have to drag them upstairs.
                                                                                                  Privacy - visitors less likely to see bedrooms if they are upstairs.

Comment

..... The current machine likes to go walkies when washing stuff.
                                                                                                    If you get it level on the floor this shouldn't happen.

Comment

Anyone tried them outdoor washer/dryer combo you find beside isolated garages in the middle of nowhere. I’ve tried them, emptying a winterload of washing into a washer , then sleeping until it’s done then offload into a dryer thinking FML as you lift the heavy wet freezing cold load but in your sleepy haze you didn’t notice some bint offload her wet sheets from her car straight into the dryer (like those cunts at car parks who try to take your spots even though you were indicating in) you have to wait 40 extra minutes till she’s finished standing guard the whole time so none of her Bint buddies arrive with another boot of wetsheets. I will not be entering the outdoor laundry community again, it’s far too stressful and too many people in it for themselves. I’m convinced there will be a death at one of those outfits . Some poor unsuspecting shoplifter will walk out of the garage with a jumperful of red bull and run straight into a scorned washer dryer middle aged man driving his car in circles muttering stifled misogynistic rage

Comment

My dad was building from scratch so got a little chute put in from the bedroom - pop the clothes in and they drop down to the laundry room.
                                                                                                        Then you've to carry them back. Seems better to have it altogether

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Interesting idea. I love these 'is there any good reasons why its always been done this way?' things.

Heat efficiency (going upwards from kitchen) - probably a good reason why bedrooms are upstairs.
                                                                                                          Delivering and installing white goods - easier not to have to drag them upstairs.
                                                                                                          Privacy - visitors less likely to see bedrooms if they are upstairs.
                                                                                                          Are bedrooms not meant to be cooler?
                                                                                                          That's true, at least it's only once off/every few years

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

On an unrelated note, still no internet, mobile modem won't work, beginning to take the piss now.
                                                                                                            If it's one of the Huawei devices, one strange thing I found is that they don't automatically revert to 3G when there is no 4G signal. You have to manually turn of LTE networks using the Huawei HiLink app.

Comment

This conversation makes me miss the pension glory days.

Comment

If it's one of the Huawei devices, one strange thing I found is that they don't automatically revert to 3G when there is no 4G signal. You have to manually turn of LTE networks using the Huawei HiLink app.
                                                                                                                It is one of the Huawei modems, is this the same modem? The tower one: https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/mobile-broadband.html

I'll download that app and try it, I've brought it back to vodafone already and they replaced the sim which worked for a while but the same issue has arisen again.

The houses which were preventing OpenEir installing what they need are now occupied so hopefully it's not too much longer.
                                                                                                                We can't get fibre but our neighbours 10ft away have 80mb speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  This conversation makes me miss the pension glory days.
                                                                                                                  Less grim but still grim

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                    It is one of the Huawei modems, is this the same modem? The tower one: https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/mobile-broadband.html
                                                                                                                    No, I've only tried the small ones on the three network. Probably worth seeing if that app makes any difference anyway.

Comment

Let's have a who has the fastest broadband competition. I'll start. Mine is average.

Comment

Let's have a who has the fastest broadband competition. I'll start. Mine is average.
                                                                                                                        Mine is slow...started typing this as soon as you posted and have been waiting for the network to upload it since
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I have gigabit fibre. What do I win?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X