Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      29% of 38 = 38% of 29 = ???

And your maths teacher definitely taught you that multiplication was 'commutative' (a * b = b * a). Your Senior Infants teacher also would have taught you that. It's one of the most basic rules of maths! Not aiming this at you by the way, just the million tweets on this thinking they've reinvented maths
      People were also taught the order of operations. But most adults still get the below wrong

5 + 5 x 3 - 10 / 2

In maths, there's a big gap between being rembering for a while and understanding the core principles
      Last edited by Mellor; 10-03-19, 02:55.

Comment

29% of 38 = 38% of 29 = ???

And your maths teacher definitely taught you that multiplication was 'commutative' (a * b = b * a). Your Senior Infants teacher also would have taught you that. It's one of the most basic rules of maths! Not aiming this at you by the way, just the million tweets on this thinking they've reinvented maths
        It's definitely handy and I've never heard it before for sure. My senior infants teacher taught me how to pare my pencil .

Knew the maths heads on here would jump on this . :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          People were also taught the order of operations. But most adults still get the below wrong

5 + 5 x 3 - 10 / 2

In maths, there's a big gap between being rembering for a while and understanding the core principles
          I suspect most people still remember BOMDAS, whether they apply or not is a different thing.

I think this is true for most people even those who appear relatively good at maths. People could definitely have a decent level of education in maths and not understand core principles

Comment

Comment

I refuse to believe that people don't know that 2 x 4 = 4 x 2
              I don't believe that example either but I suspect a large proportion of people would not immediately know 0.29 x 38 = 0.38 x 29 = ???
              Same principle but certainly doesn't appear as obvious perhaps as people can't work it out on the spot

Comment

Oooof. Frosty.

40 5th and 6th class girls to sort out now for a hockey blitz.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

DP, I saw an ad on Instagram for qwertee, if you click through that tshirts are 8e instead of 16.

Ad is on Facebook too
                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-03-19, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Oooof. Frosty.

40 5th and 6th class girls to sort out now for a hockey blitz.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
                    Yeah. Ended up on Thomas St singing karaoke coz wife knew she had the backup of a lie in.

Currently balancing 2 x 3yos loooneys and cooking a stew so i can go play day 2 of the poker at midday on the back of 3 nights of sub 4 hour sleep.

Plus side is if i ship I'm off to Brazil next week. Cant wait to tell her that....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Yeah. Ended up on Thomas St singing karaoke coz wife knew she had the backup of a lie in.

Currently balancing 2 x 3yos loooneys and cooking a stew so i can go play day 2 of the poker at midday on the back of 3 nights of sub 4 hour sleep.

Plus side is if i ship I'm off to Brazil next week. Cant wait to tell her that....
                      I assume they made the guarantee? It's a great format for those 100e games, it makes more sense to make Day 2 a min cash.

Assuming it's not a typo, one guy it seems made it to Day 2 with less than 2% of 1bb.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        I assume they made the guarantee? It's a great format for those 100e games, it makes more sense to make Day 2 a min cash.

Assuming it's not a typo, one guy it seems made it to Day 2 with less than 2% of 1bb.
                        Ah some lads went through 4 or 5 times for the €200 multi min cash

Comment

Comment

Job on the Guinness carts for RD/Denny/V et all?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Even their small size seems kinda large around the chest though.
                                  they suck at maths though

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      they suck at maths though
                                      Must be a brexit tariff. Shows up as €8 here.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Wow Jack Grelish got thumped by a fan just now . Wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          Wow Jack Grelish got thumped by a fan just now . Wtf

Comment

@shrap. If you follow the Facebook link here you get the equivalent sterling sale prices. Needs to be the Facebook link. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-...iption-3194938
                                            cheers. had worked it out eventually but just thought it was funny. wonky algorithm

Comment

That McNeil kid looks savage for Burnley. Fairly bottomless amount of young talnet in England like never before, they must have done some serious good work at underage level the last decade. A major international trophy won't be too far in the distance imo.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Wife went to the doctor today with a hemaroids problem. Haven't googled it as seems like something awful to do with the ass. She keeps talking about her ass but I'm successfully filtering it out.

Anyway outcome is she is booked in for an operation in local five-star-hotel like private hospital for tomorrow. Like 24 hours later!

That's pretty fucking amazingly efficient?

Everyone gets exact same access to that private hospital, as it's used for overflow needs rather than the privileged.

I mention this purely as part of a continuing point that:

(a) that's so cool that the local version of Blackrock - well way better than that, is fully open to everyone with no cost and just based on need. Love that idea, even if my income is quite high, and we'd be able to access it on ability to pay. But then what about the poor saps who can't pay?

(b) the reason it is possible is everyone who works pays private health insurance by law. It's about 4% of my salary and employers add another 10% on top. It ain't cheap having great healthcare, and probably the reason why ye guys don't have great healthcare is that employers in particular pay almost nothing towards keeping their workers healthy. France has loads of brilliant public services, but everyone pays according to their needs so they all break even. Food for thought there imo.
                                                There is a hospital in Scotland that is like a hotel, in fact it is closely attached to one and they share a kitchen. The hospital is private, but you get sent by the NHS there for free as well. My mum had her hip replacement done in it and said the rooms were like hotel rooms.

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                Anyone on here have a Fitbit?

Ever have any problems getting it to sync?

It's saying it hasn't synced in 8 days. Today's steps show up but nothing for the rest of the week. I've tried turning on/off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, the phone, etc and still nothing
                                                Have you got it on all day sync? which model do you have? I had problems recently with mine (have it over a year though) and I had to remove from bluetooth, turn off bluetooth, switch off notifications on the fitbit and then reboot phone and do from start.

I have also done it from inside the fitbit app. So, it does happen regular enought.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                Planning a trip to Scotland - plan to fly to Glasgow and rent a car and drive through the highlands... Where should I have on my list of places to visit/do? Places to pitch up overnight? TY.
                                                Hey, only getting online. Have you any idea what sort of things you want to see? I know the Highlands pretty well and recently took a friend on a driving tour. I am doing it again in May this year.

I can suggest some nice places to stay etc.

Comment

Lol, 13 on PP, just looked on oddschecker and wh offering 14.

Just stuck 20 with skybet. 7/1 seems just too big.

50 euros evens with you at 14.hc draw no bet?
                                                  Snowing and sleeting here! Well played.

Comment

Gotta be delighted for Best. He looked so emotional at the anthem.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Snowing and sleeting here! Well played.
                                                      BBV'd myself successfully there.

Comment

Lol, shraap absolutely burgles me there!

Comment

Can imagine the fecker doing a celebratory fist pump as his team have been absolutely played off the park!

Daylight robbery your honour.

Comment

Was in town enjoying the rugby when one of the girls in the party got news she knew well one of the passengers killed in the Ethiopian air crash earlier(French national). Was a close friend of her husband and he's left with 3 young kids.

Comment

Can imagine the fecker doing a celebratory fist pump as his team have been absolutely played off the park!

Daylight robbery your honour.
                                                              Had my sons birthday at the Olympic pool today. Managed to watch the first half on the phone, and stopped watching at half time absolutely disgusted, with bet already written off. Didn't watch the 2nd half, but checked here and saw the above. Made my day! Had a smile all the way home!

Comment

Had my sons birthday at the Olympic pool today. Managed to watch the first half on the phone, and stopped watching at half time absolutely disgusted, with bet already written off. Didn't watch the 2nd half, but checked here and saw the above. Made my day! Had a smile all the way home!
                                                                12 minutes to go, we're camped on your line and just got our fourth consecutive scrum penalty. Still baffled as to how the ref doesn't award a penalty try. I was genuinely a 1.01 shot right there.

Then our replacements decide to go to sleep for the last 6 mins and lose me our bet!

Anyway, well played*. Can you please claim your prize on the Thurs or Fri of Chelts as I'm off those days?

SPOILER
                                                                me hole

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  Was in town enjoying the rugby when one of the girls in the party got news she knew well one of the passengers killed in the Ethiopian air crash earlier(French national). Was a close friend of her husband and he's left with 3 young kids.
                                                                  Jaysis, that's awful. Terrible tragedy obvs and bad for Ethiopia generally as they've invested massively in that airline.

Comment

12 minutes to go, we're camped on your line and just got our fourth consecutive scrum penalty. Still baffled as to how the ref doesn't award a penalty try. I was genuinely a 1.01 shot right there.

Then our replacements decide to go to sleep for the last 6 mins and lose me our bet!

Anyway, well played*. Can you please claim your prize on the Thurs or Fri of Chelts as I'm off those days?

SPOILER
                                                                    me hole
                                                                    Watching now. I want to see when your heart broke.

Comment

Watching now. I want to see when your heart broke.
                                                                      I kinda knew it was going to happen when you got the first try. There was a malign predictability to how things would go.

I even knew a prop forward would be able to backheel the conversion, with his wrong foot.

Sickest beat of Cheltenham week out of the way anyway, probably cheap at the price!

Comment

Ronnie going for century number 1000 from 7pm on ITV4. Leading 7-2 up to 10.

Comment

Stuck my Music King playlist on shuffle for a run this morning.

To whoever added Fairport Convention 'who knows where the time goes'

Thank you.

It fit my moment like a glove.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I kinda knew it was going to happen when you got the first try. There was a malign predictability to how things would go.

I even knew a prop forward would be able to backheel the conversion, with his wrong foot.

Sickest beat of Cheltenham week out of the way anyway, probably cheap at the price!
                                                                            Wow, that really was daylight robbery! How you didn't score again between 60 and 75 minutes is beyond me!

I'll take it though!

Comment

Jaysis, that's awful. Terrible tragedy obvs and bad for Ethiopia generally as they've invested massively in that airline.
                                                                              Yeah new plane too which makes it stranger. It burst the bubble of a good afternoon but a good day overall anyway. At least I was hoping it wasnt Strewlpeter as judging by that plate of food I seen yesterday I assumed he was over there somewhere and you know that fellas hard luck stories!.
                                                                              But as soon as I heard that I knew it was going to be a strange afternoon and sure enough Ireland done me as royally as they done you. Had Ireland -15 as the 3rd leg of a 5 timer with Benie Des Dieux and Native River left for a big scoop.
                                                                              Benie Des Dieux and Native River double is a good thing now.

Overheard on the way home
                                                                              One oul one to the other
                                                                              Did you hear Ireland beat France, and in weather as cold as today?
                                                                              Was it indoors?
                                                                              No it was outdoors.
                                                                              Jasus

Comment

Wow, that really was daylight robbery! How you didn't score again between 60 and 75 minutes is beyond me!

I'll take it though!
                                                                                I'm hoping your bet falls on the flat, 20 lengths clear, next week.

It still wouldn't hurt as much as that. Although I'm so fucking hungover that it's a dull, dull pain.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Agonisingly close there.

Comment

Definitely on here

Comment

Bah, unlucky there

Comment

Looking like Thursday week in the first round of the Tour Championship now.

Comment

In the UK today, we've a good few people going to Addis for next week. Hopefully no one on that.
                                                                                          Sounds dodgy for Boeing, afaik they are still looking for an explanation of why the other new one of these went down in Indonesia last year.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is there not supposed to be a rule that three penalty scrums in a row becomes and automatic penalty try?
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              Only Ronnie could time it for the last frame. Half expected a 147 out of him!

Comment

The King

Comment

Brilliant. And switches from right handed to left handed to sink the century. Mighty stuff and great atmosphere as he cleared up

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Brilliant. And switches from right handed to left handed to sink the century. Mighty stuff and great atmosphere as he cleared up
                                                                                                    Robbo hit a 140 in the semi, and if that white stayed out, it would have been a 141 total clearance. Ronnie doesn't care about burning the high break prize. Think it was only £5k or something!

Comment

Was checking the stats, and only 203 players have won more than 1000 frames in their careers, and Ronnie binks it in centuries. His record is 1 century every 6.7 frames throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Robbo hit a 140 in the semi, and if that white stayed out, it would have been a 141 total clearance. Ronnie doesn't care about burning the high break prize. Think it was only £5k or something!
                                                                                                        Ah that explains the banter they were having after the frame so. He obviously realised he had won the high break with the white gone in but yeah cant imagine Ronnie cares too much about that kinda change lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          Stuck my Music King playlist on shuffle for a run this morning.

To whoever added Fairport Convention 'who knows where the time goes'

Thank you.

It fit my moment like a glove.
                                                                                                          You are welcome neighbour. It lost :-)

Sandy Denny died young ironically.

Comment

Over the line.

So I’m a GAA supporter at Irish rugby games. Ireland is my club even ahead of Leinster. People who have been unfortunate enough to be seated beside me know this to be true.

I’m enjoying myself at the game today. Ireland playing very well after being dominated by the English. This is some sort of redemptive performance and the players aren’t taking a backward step. I’m being loud and cheering Ireland but not having a go at the French in anyway. I did think they should have gotten a yellow card on irelands 2nd try but otherwise not really had much to say about them. I’ve got a lot of French around me and given how their team is playing they are getting pissed and the singing and chants have gone quiet from them.

They had been very good natured before the match but getting a bit sullen now.

Anyway a French supporter decides after ireland win s penalty to stand up and fuck his half pint out over the rail and down on the supporters below.

All the Irish around shout “Oi” but don’t point it out to the officials or take much action to identify this guy. I lose my shit.

I start calling him out as a “scum bag” and start demanding towards the stewards to kick this guy out. The volunteer stewards are looking around confused and have to go get an official etc. The French supporters start booing me.

I tell them to take their friend and fuck off. That he’s a scumbag and if he wants to act like a soccer fan he should fuck off and watch a football match.

It takes another minute for the officials to start moving towards this guy to get him out. He’s friends have handed him another pint to make it look like he didn’t fuck one over the rails and he’s skulking in his seat. I shout at him if he had any decency he’d just leave. As his fellow French supporters are trying to suggest it was an “accident”. Some accident. Stood up, waited and then fucked his pint up in the air.

People complain about poor atmosphere at games and nobody being passionate anymore and about poor ettiquete but the reality is few people are very invested in the games these days. I fucking hate people throwing beer on folk anywhere. It’s a real pet peeve to be fair having had it happen to me once or twice over the years.

So he gets removed and 4 large French supporters start having a go at me from a bit way. I tell them to fuck of with him.

The Mrs is annoyed with me. She tells me I shouldn’t have made such a big deal about it and that the officials would have acted. I personally think that’s bullshit but it’s embarrassing being with me at matches at times to be fair.

So the crack is taken off the last few minutes of the game and we concede two tries.

Anyway on the way out the 4 boys are waiting for me to tell me I’m an SS collaborator and that I shouldn’t be ratting this guy out to the stewards. That reporting this sort of thing isn’t the French way.

I tell them they’re in Ireland now. not France and they should be apologizing to the folk covered in the scumbags beer and have a bit of manners. When they have another go at me about being an SS collaborator I tell them the only SS collaborators that I know of are the Vichy French and they can fuck off if they can’t behave themselves.

No real response from them after that so I walk on.

https://youtu.be/P41gT4eicrE

I probably overreacted but right now I don’t regret it.
                                                                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-03-19, 21:23.
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Here’s a story about my brother in law Wesley Black. I posted about his situation here before. Puts the small problems we all have in context.
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Username for V4V to be bolded with stars around it.

Wp imo.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Fair play for standing up, always easier to mutter under your breath in those situations, but:

Start by calling the stewards or going to tell them what happened instead of calling him a scum bag and escalating the tensions.

When you get what you want (him kicked out) just ignore the other cunts that start at you.

Not sure why the soccer fans get a reference. Scumbag fans are at all sports and scumbags are in all walks of life. Have personally never seen someone throw their beer at people at a soccer match, think alcohol is banned inside majority of stadia these days.

A bit harder to ignore the lads on the way out but best ignored and walk away if possible, have seen situations like that end badly before. If they persist, approach security/Garda.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Fair play for standing up, always easier to mutter under your breath in those situations, but:

Start by calling the stewards or going to tell them what happened instead of calling him a scum bag and escalating the tensions.

When you get what you want (him kicked out) just ignore the other cunts that start at you.

Not sure why the soccer fans get a reference. Scumbag fans are at all sports and scumbags are in all walks of life. Have personally never seen someone throw their beer at people at a soccer match, think alcohol is banned inside majority of stadia these days.

A bit harder to ignore the lads on the way out but best ignored and walk away if possible, have seen situations like that end badly before. If they persist, approach security/Garda.
                                                                                                                        Of course you’re right Dobby. No question about it. The blood was up and there could have been 40 of them it didn’t really matter to me at that moment. Stephen Ferris was two seats to the left of me working for RTE so if things really went south I’d have been expecting him to back me up.

The soccer reference was something to say really. No logic at all and an insult to soccer folk as I’ve never been to a big football match in my life.

The Mrs tells me she wasn’t embarrassed just worried I was going to end up in a fight. Onwards to Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          The Mrs tells me she wasn’t embarrassed just worried I was going to end up in a fight. Onwards to Cardiff.
                                                                                                                          That's the bit I'd be most mindful of tbh. I know what it's like when the heart goes in the heat of the moment so I totally understand where you're coming from too. It does take balls to stand up and it doesn't sound like the people around you did much so kudos for that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X