Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare unseen footage of Strewel's first trip the the big smoke.....

Comment

The National playing Vicar St on the 17th and 18th of Sept

Comment

Reminder: Werewolf 55 signups open, game starts Monday

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            I think the wine analogy your looking for, for that study, is whether people can tell the difference between a Dunnes Everyday wine and a Tesco Value Wine.
            Don't think anyone holds strong opinions on those though. But the vast majority of people will have strong opinions on which particular lager or IPA they drink, spend most of their lives drinking it, and not be able to pick it out of a line up blind.

Comment

Comment

The only beer I've had that I like is Kasteel Bruin, just can't get through beer, hate it, pity as we had literally thousands of cans/bottles at home growing up (couldn't get in the garage with all the beers)...hmm, maybe it was for the best.

The dream for wines is finding cheap ones that taste good, or else it's just gonna be a waste of money and trips to surrender monkey land. One of my favourites recently just said "easy to drink" in the description, had a laugh and tried it, very easy to drink.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-05-17, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Its a "craft" beer made by Diageo which kind of defeats the purpose as some people see it.
                  I think cute hoor is in the same vein.
                  A craft beer made by heineken
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    FYP

Rustbucket Rye Ale is the best thing in the world never mind best beer.
                    its pretty good but not a great session beer, I can't have more than 5-6 of them.

founders all day IPA would be the pinnacle in drinkability/flavor

Honorable nods to Franciscan Well Chieftains IPA, Mountain Man - Hairy Goat

and one or two or twelve others
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

mate of mine is currently working in guinness' as a beer tester
                      (primarily for the export market)
                      there is a fair few things that impact your ability to tell them apart

Comment

Comment

For the craft beer wankeries, Brú are having an open night tour of their brewery this Saturday in Trim and also some specials on the same date in their pubs too.
                          They sell some of their bottled beers in my local SuperValu Ratoath, I tried their red ale and the stout, wasn't mad for either of them tbo.

More details here. http://www.brubrewery.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Do people really have strong opinions of Heino vs Carslberg?

In any case if people do like a particular IPA over another one then, unlike wine, they're maybe paying a few extra cents for the sake of that preference, so the comparison with wine just doesn't work which deals with massive price differences. As in, its a harmless preference.

Anyway, you were originally responding to someone talking about craft IPA vs mass-produced lager. So you've taken us in a Trumpesque direction of changing the comparison to lager vs lager in order to prove a counterpoint that no-one was trying to make
                            Yes people have strong preferences over Heineken and Carlsberg.

I am very partial to a few nice beers for a quite evening in but going on a session and drinking nothing but IPA's is suicide a will end up in a 10 O'Clock bedtime. For me they fill different occasions and I know plenty of lads who are the same.

The difference between Carlsberg and Heineken is pretty small taste wise but compare it to bud, corona, miller or some of the other mass produced larger and you can bet everyone will know the difference. Likewise telling the difference between Coors and bud I imagine is pretty tough.

There are plenty of IPA's that people would drink regularly and not be able to tell apart either.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              Was checking my pension this morning. Is he keeps this up he can fire whoever he wants!
                              And he has what exactly to do with it

I think you might be confusing correlation with causation but hey what would I know about the kind of cognitive bias Junior Assistant Apprentice Masters of the Universe are susceptible to

Double dare you to read this and continue to tell me with a straight face A/ that he's a genius and B/ that your pension is save in a world where he is allowed remain POTUS

The Economist talks to the President of the United States about economic policy
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Rare unseen footage of Strewel's first trip the the big smoke.....

http://youtu.be/RAeU6tt2WKE
                                The 1860's?

Comment

The idea that the quality of a beer would change based on who made it rather than how it is made is laughably stupid. A large corporation is more likely to use mass production techniques in making their beer, but that doesn't mean they are definitely doing that. It also doesn't mean the likes of Brewdog aren't doing that. Making beer in large volumes necessitates compromises in quality. Oh look who's no longer the darling of hipsters since they became a well known brand. I wonder why that could be.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

You people even manage to make beer boring.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          The idea that the quality of a beer would change based on who made it rather than how it is made is laughably stupid. A large corporation is more likely to use mass production techniques in making their beer, but that doesn't mean they are definitely doing that. It also doesn't mean the likes of Brewdog aren't doing that. Making beer in large volumes necessitates compromises in quality. Oh look who's no longer the darling of hipsters since they became a well known brand. I wonder why that could be.
                                          Quite a fan of their elvis juice

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            And he has what exactly to do with it
                                            All times highs, record low volatility. He's doing a tremendous job.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-05-17, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                You people even manage to make beer boring.

Let Homer help you

Doh, the stuff that buys me beer

Ray, the guy who brings me beer

Me, the guy who drinks the beer,

Far, the distance to my bee

So,* I think I’ll have a beer,

La,* lalalalalalaallaaa BEER

Tea, no thanks I’ll have a beer

And that will bring me back to (neck beer, empty glass)

DOH.

Comment

How come nobody sat back and said, 'Hang on a second, that looks like.....'

Comment

In before 'Finally, a pair of Speedos to fit me'

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

They are not for your head...big nose

Comment

Enda due to step aside next week I see

Let the Ghey vs the lolCork contest commence

personally I'm a Ghey fan
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                            The National playing Vicar St on the 17th and 18th of Sept
                                                            Saw them in point last time round. Seems like quite the step down but I'll be getting tics

Comment

Although Mr Kenny will hand over the reins of the party in early June, he may stay in place as Taoiseach for a number of weeks afterwards.

Comment

sounds like Brian Cowen and Mehole Martin in 2011
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He wouldn't be expected to stand down as Taoiseach until there is someone in place to take over unless he was to call an election at the same time.

Comment

A much more relevant question would be Why are you perving on Filipino swimwear sites ?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      This is the best beer.

And one like it call tergenseer hell. The rest should give up
                                                                      This is the beer I used to drink when I was living in Germany. Around 55 cent a bottle.

Comment

It's been 11 years since we've had a dog in the house, I finally gave in!

Need to lay down some ground rules....
                                                                        1. It's your dog not mine.
                                                                        2. I'm not picking up after it
                                                                        3. I'm not walking it
                                                                        4. I'm not feeding it
                                                                        5. It's not stopping me going on holidays or the pub.

What else do I need to include in the rules that will exempt me from dog duties.
                                                                        Except for patting and sly snuggles

SPOILER
                                                                        forgot how to insert a photo
                                                                        Last edited by Blip; 11-05-17, 15:42.

Comment

A much more relevant question would be Why are you perving on Filipino swimwear sites ?
                                                                          Posted in a group chat i'm in ha!

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                            This is the beer I used to drink when I was living in Germany. Around 55 cent a bottle.

Edelstoff for me. Was £3 and rocket fuel as well as being tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Enda due to step aside next week I see

Let the Ghey vs the lolCork contest commence

personally I'm a Ghey fan
                                                                              The general voters may well be in favour but I think Coveney will get it as I dont think that the FG party are as enlightened.

I think part of the reason that I want Leo to get the job is I have a bit of a bias against people who go to Clongowes and I am never really sure why.

I always seem to think that they are nice guys and well educated who get into important positions but are lacking in cop on and come off as a bit naive at best or thick at worst.

Comment

Nearly believable but the "ha!" at the end is overselling it

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                  Nearly believable but the "ha!" at the end is overselling it
                                                                                  Overegged the pudding there.

Flushdraw

Comment

Group name: ***Filipino swimwear chat only***
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      mate of mine is currently working in guinness' as a beer tester
                                                                                      (primarily for the export market)
                                                                                      there is a fair few things that impact your ability to tell them apart
                                                                                      Smoking?

Overegged the pudding there.

Flushdraw
                                                                                      Ok, he googled, swim shorts for fellas with large members. Now will ya let it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post

3. I'm not walking it
                                                                                        4. I'm not feeding it
                                                                                        Good luck with that

Comment

Looking forward to pictures of blip and the dog curled up watching sports on the couch, inseparable.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

All times highs, record low volatility. He's doing a tremendous job.
                                                                                            Did you even read this bit... I was saying that hes a real life Jonah Ryan but he's more an immature Alan Partridge
                                                                                            Comedy gold

Interviewer : But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?
                                                                                            President Alan Partridge: It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll… you understand the expression “prime the pump”?
                                                                                            Interviewer : Yes.
                                                                                            President Alan Partridge: We have to prime the pump.
                                                                                            Interviewer : It’s very Keynesian.
                                                                                            President Alan Partridge: We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?
                                                                                            Priming the pump?
                                                                                            Yeah, have you heard it?

Interviewer : Yes.
                                                                                            President Alan Partridge: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just… I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good.
                                                                                            #

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Smoking?
                                                                                              Spicy Food
                                                                                              sleep
                                                                                              beer the night before
                                                                                              salt intake

a fair few things tbh

Comment

Did you even read this bit... I was saying that hes a real life Jonah Ryan but he's more an immature Alan Partridge
                                                                                                Comedy gold.
                                                                                                You not playing werewolf m8?

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post

3. I'm not walking it
                                                                                                  4. I'm not feeding it

What else do I need to include in the rules that will exempt me from dog duties.
                                                                                                  Except for patting and sly snuggles

SPOILER
                                                                                                  forgot how to insert a photo
                                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

Comedy gold

Yeah I had a good lol at that alright.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Old supervisor who I've worked with for the last 15 years has gone off to senior management and there's finally a permanent job going. The teaching brief is exactly the courses I've taught for the last 5 years and the research need is to continue his work which I have been working on for 15 years. Feel like I've got to have a decent shot but feck knows what sort of candidates are going to come out of the woodwork. Not really sure if they can even legally not give it to me.
                                                                                                      If I don't get it, it's basically career over so bit of a shit 7-8 weeks waiting for the whole process to unfold.
                                                                                                      Just got a call to say that the higher ups only approved an interim position for one year for operational reasons with the main competition delayed until Jan 2018. I was offered the 1 year. FML.

Comment

Reminder: Werewolf 55 signups open, game starts Monday

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru....php?p=1025214
                                                                                                        I will make apologies in advance for being terrible at this. I would advise people to kill me off quickly.

I must read up on how to play!

Comment

Just got a call to say that the higher ups only approved an interim position for one year for operational reasons with the main competition delayed until Jan 2018. I was offered the 1 year. FML.
                                                                                                          Will it go ahead in a years time? I presume so based on what you said previous so whats the point in the years delay...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                            I will make apologies in advance for being terrible at this. I would advise people to kill me off quickly.

I must read up on how to play!
                                                                                                            We're going to miss you. You can't post outside of the WW thread while you are alive in the game. BBV always gets quiet around WW time.

Comment

...

Comment

Hitch nailed it. Something to do with retirements and consolidation.

Comment

the word is hopsters

Comment

Hitch nailed it. Something to do with retirements and consolidation.
                                                                                                                    Coolio. Good luck so. Suppose its hard to comprehend from a private pov.

Back in the day my only realistic promotion op handed in his notice. Got called to a meeting with the MD but a few other mgmt heads in there. I was a good 15 yeaes younger than the norm for the position but the meeting ended with me tendering my resignation if they refused to remove the "year trial period". Thankfully they did. Told them i had a full licence as part of it. I literally, and i mean literally, couldnt drive. Smashed into the back of our receptionist leaving the carpark on my first attempt driving when i got the car two weeks later. Assumed i was fucked when i rang the boss saying i had had a bump. He went silent for ten seconds and replied "could have been worse, you could have given her a bump somewhere else. Now go learn how to drive"

Comment

Had 5 out of 7 in the pick7 today, had the first 4, racing on in pub, on my own, good sweat for a bit, let down by an odds on shot, praying last horse didn't win ��

Comment

We're going to miss you. You can't post outside of the WW thread while you are alive in the game. BBV always gets quiet around WW time.
                                                                                                                        Can I kill myself in it? May have to rethink this...

Comment

I suppose on the plus side it's technically a promotion as it's 'above the bar' and a 25% raise.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X