Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season finale of Resistance tonight. Excited.

If you haven't seen it, get on the RTE player now.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Poor Fowler. What a shite rule. Never seen anything like that.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
            SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
            Gimme a bet that I'll get a sweat from so I can roar at the telly

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              Gimme a bet that I'll get a sweat from so I can roar at the telly
              Player to take a knee 5/1
              Jagger appearance at half time 11/4
              Over 7.5 sacks and 2.5 interceptions 22/1
              Dante Fowler 7/2 1+ sacks
              A few random Powerplays for the craic involving michael
              Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-02-19, 23:00.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                Poor Fowler. What a shite rule. Never seen anything like that.
                Great final round. Best in a while. Grace about to get done now too.

Comment

This weeks Counterpart, episode 8.

SPOILER
                  Finally getting my head around it. Coming together nicely...

This too shall pass.

Comment

Each def/St to get a TD @ 25s
                    airport, lol

Comment

Have Pats to win and then for random bet pats to win, brady 300+ yards and Michel to score td bout 4s i think

Comment

Gronkowski 1st touchdown 14/1 special on boyles

Comment

its 12.10 in the afternoon here in New Zealand, i forgot about one the great things about being here, watching the likes of oscars, superbowl etc monday afternoon in sunshine. I stayed at a hostel for first time in years last week. Did 2 nights in Tauranga.

I check in late, 4 bed room, english guy on bottom of one bed and thats it. Was told to take one of the top bunks as the other bottom one is booked. Really nice sheets and fancy pillows on it so found it strange.

The next morning getting bag ready I see a pair of strappy heels with 6 inch plus stilettos sticking out from under the bed. Ask the english guy if a girl is staying there. conversation is as follows.

What's she like?
                          She's nice, said she wont be here very often, she works at the brothel.
                          Excuse me?
                          Yeah, shes the receptionist or something at the brothel, she was here the other night with her boyfriend.
                          boyfriend?
                          yeah thats what she said, he stayed over for a bit
                          he seemed nice but awkward...

Found out later this guy had never heard of or any idea who Pearl Jam are, was 29, had been working picking fruit for 2 years. Sunstroke is a very real thing it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                            Gronkowski 1st touchdown 14/1 special on boyles
                            Was actually thinking about Gronk earlier so that was a nice boost.

Also have Michel 1st TD and Pat's to win by 1-6 @ 28/1

And Edelman 1st TD and Pat's to win by 1-6 @ 40/1

Only a fiver on each but hopefully get some kind of sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Season finale of Resistance tonight. Excited.

If you haven't seen it, get on the RTE player now.
                              It’s set up for a 2nd series judging by the end
                              Great 1st run

Comment

Gronk first on pp like a mug
                                airport, lol

Comment

I've a stupid amount of random long odds bets on
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Was gonna do FG to hit the post...

Comment

Old skool game

Comment

One for the purists.

Poor to be only 3up after being so dominant.

Comment

Worst half time show ever???

Pats should be 10 up at least... think Gurley must have banged the coaches missus

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            I've a stupid amount of random long odds bets on
                                            None of them work in this game.
                                            Not a great spectacle unless you love the D

Comment

Getting a surprisingly good sweat off this

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                None of them work in this game.
                                                Not a great spectacle unless you love the D
                                                Any super bowl haul or is that reserved for the RR

Comment

Any super bowl haul or is that reserved for the RR
                                                  Few beers m&ms nachos and salsa.
                                                  A pinner at the start of the second was not my best move considering the lack of excitement

Comment

BOOOOM baby!! Now we have a sweat

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                      Have Pats to win and then for random bet pats to win, brady 300+ yards and Michel to score td bout 4s i think
                                                      Had michel and gronk first td so not bad. Another 40 yds brady amd win be nice

Comment

CHAMPIONS!!!!!! Brady is the absolute fucking GOAT

Comment

Paging AJ. Still don't really get this Metrolink business, so we're going to end up with 3 different somewhat connected mass transit systems in the city? Is part of the green line then going to become a metro? People will have to transfer from the green line onto the metro at Charlemont? Taking out the Markievicz Centre seems like a strange choice when there's Tara Street + derelict building in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            Paging AJ. Still don't really get this Metrolink business, so we're going to end up with 3 different somewhat connected mass transit systems in the city? Is part of the green line then going to become a metro? People will have to transfer from the green line onto the metro at Charlemont? Taking out the Markievicz Centre seems like a strange choice when there's Tara Street + derelict building in the area.
                                                            I think the Green Line was always specced to be Metro compatible, so yeah it effectively gets phased out and becomes Metrolink.
                                                            It does look a bit clumsy overall but probably isn't that different to other cities. Even London has its somewhat disconnected tramlink system in the south, underground, overground, Crossrail on the way.

Comment

Was visiting friends in NL over the weekend. Ireland really has a 19th century public transport infrastructure by comparison. Rotterdam was a breeze to get around and a beautiful city. Bus/Tram/Metro/Train stops everywhere. Trips to Utrecht, Delft and The Hague are so frequent and reasonably priced. EDIT: Having your city blitzkrieged to bits also gives a somewhat blank canvas to rebuild with so ymmv.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                Was visiting friends in NL over the weekend. Ireland really has a 19th century public transport infrastructure by comparison. Rotterdam was a breeze to get around and a beautiful city. Bus/Tram/Metro/Train stops everywhere. Trips to Utrecht, Delft and The Hague are so frequent and reasonably priced. EDIT: Having your city blitzkrieged to bits also gives a somewhat blank canvas to rebuild with so ymmv.
                                                                Population density helps a lot too! Remember they have approx 4 times the population of Ireland in an area the size of Munster.
                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

plus ça change
                                                                  The logic applied by the first interviewee here is a bit special

Also the Irish woman half way through I'd say she was reared not too far from Kildare

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Another one from the BBC archives, I remember this

Comment

Comment

Proper popcorn thread on 2+2 thread today all the more interesting for having Lappin and Dara's podcast playing a best supporting actress role

Hi everybody. I have been doing a lot of thinking about how to respond to what has happened over this past week and a half, and what the tone of my res

Not sure I should be giving cliffs because it plays out like a decent soap opera and unusually for dramas like this rewards the effort.

The background to the OP there is that in the normal MO of poker players who borrow money Eli Elezra owes loads of people loads and isn't great at paying it back. He wrote a book in which he denied owing anyone anything and did an AMA on 2+2 where he got called out by Cole South and maybe some others, he let the dust settle and wrote the reply that is the OP in the thread.
                                                                        The other thing to know is that Lappin and Dara had recorded an interview with him to promote the book but came back to him for a comment on the latest events before they published.
                                                                        IMO its worth trawling through the thread, other than Eli you are looking for posts by Abe M and and Mason M - for added drama wait until Lappin comes in listen to the last segment of the podcast if you haven't heard it already.

If you get lost there are useful cliffs at #926
                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-02-19, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Proper popcorn thread on 2+2 thread today all the more interesting for having Lappin and Dara's podcast playing a best supporting actress role

Hi everybody. I have been doing a lot of thinking about how to respond to what has happened over this past week and a half, and what the tone of my res

Not sure I should be giving cliffs because it plays out like a decent soap opera and unusually for dramas like this rewards the effort.

The background to the OP there is that in the normal MO of poker players who borrow money Eli Elezra owes loads of people loads and isn't great at paying it back. He wrote a book in which he denied owing anyone anything and did an AMA on 2+2 where he got called out by Cole South and maybe some others, he let the dust settle and wrote the reply that is the OP in the thread.
                                                                          The other thing to know is that Lappin and Dara had recorded an interview with him to promote the book but came back to him for a comment on the latest events before they published.
                                                                          IMO its worth trawling through the thread, other than Eli you are looking for posts by Abe M and and Mason M - for added drama wait until Lappin comes in listen to the last segment of the podcast if you haven't heard it already.

If you get lost there are useful cliffs at #926
                                                                          I wouldn't inflict that thread on anyone. It is 1000+ posts straight out of The Twilight Zone. It's the most confusing shitstorm i have ever read

Comment

How do I get the top posts back on the home page?

Comment

+1 to Rotterdam. I'm there quite a bit and it has the funk factor.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Any opinions on that Blinkist service?
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

The Coradia iLint is the first low floor passenger train worldwide, powered by a hydrogen fuel cell, which produces electrical power.This zero-emission train...
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Handed in my notice today.

No more potato room.

Sorry Dobby.
                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                        How do I get the top posts back on the home page?
                                                                                        It's in the quick links drop down on the homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                          Handed in my notice today.

No more potato room.

Sorry Dobby.
                                                                                          That's like 5star quitting a train driving job.

Hopefully you are being adequately remunerated for the heartbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            A slight danger factor once you wander outside of the main centre though. Remember walking out to the old windmill that they are very proud of and its dodgy as all fck on the way there.
                                                                                            I've only been round the centre (usually stay/work right beside Centraal) and from there down to the water for food and beverage consumption.

No-one's ever mentioned a windmill to me. 'Santa with buttplug' though; they're seriously proud of that fella.

Comment

Felipe Anderson is several levels better than West Ham. Dunno how a CL side has eluded him until now.

Will be a proper long few months for Pool fans if they play this nervy regularly in run in.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    That's like 5star quitting a train driving job.

Hopefully you are being adequately remunerated for the heartbreak.
                                                                                                    Decent uplift and it looks like a great company.

Downside is I’m back on public transport.
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I've only been round the centre (usually stay/work right beside Centraal) and from there down to the water for food and beverage consumption.

No-one's ever mentioned a windmill to me. 'Santa with buttplug' though; they're seriously proud of that fella.
                                                                                                      realised some context might be required here:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Google suggests they're called the Kinderdijk Windmills.
                                                                                                        Seen one windmill, seen 'em all imo. There's a few visible from the train from Schipol, box ticked.

Comment

Currently trying to empty out the house before impending move. Latest target is the drinks cabinet from which I just poured the last shot from a bottle of Becherovka. Certain members of the HHE will have fond memories of this gear.

Comment

...

Comment

Am in Monart. Very overrated imo but the missus is enjoying it. Rabbit and venison at dinner was top tbf. Overall, meh.

Comment

Sorry for.your troubles elbows. BoL

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-02-19, 22:59.

Comment

Am in Monart. Very overrated imo but the missus is enjoying it. Rabbit and venison at dinner was top tbf. Overall, meh.
                                                                                                                    Reminded me of a sanitarium, people walking around in bathrobes all day.

Afternoon tea is nice, and not expensive either @45 bucks i think.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      Reminded me of a sanitarium, people walking around in bathrobes all day.

Afternoon tea is nice, and not expensive either @45 bucks i think.
                                                                                                                      I actually found that fine, people walking round in robes. Its just the spa, pool, jacuzzi, sauna area is fucking tiny so was mobbed. Which is the main reason youd visit a spa imo. Booked 2 treatments for the missus instead of 1 each so shes happy.

Probably just out of my comfort zone tbh. Food was amazing though and cocktails are grand so not all is lost

Comment

I'd forgotten about that actually. Dutch are mad really, all smoke like chimneys yet it doesn't seem to affect their appearance like it does to heavy smokers here, actually get the feeling walking around there that we're just generally genetically inferior to them. Feel like you're in a giraffe enclosure when you first land in the airport.

Comment

Would have been surprising if Eli wasn't busto all things considered. 40k seems like a meaningless amount to stiff someone though?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X