Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
      Posting the picture from 15 years ago in the blog post was a compete cheap shot. It had nothing to do with anything and anyway the world was a different place in 2004.

I used to like reading the two lads stuff, excellent blogs this time aswell by the way, but this following each other around liking every tweet and Lappin using big words like it makes him cool. Fuxk that, unfollowed both. Don’t like DN either by the way but the two boys are like podge and rodge over this.
      Isn't generating attention a big part of the business model? Public spat with someone famous is almost as a contrived as being the confidant of a celebrity who just passed away.

Comment

Need your help.

I'm trying to develop a mind map type team strategy overview document.

What i was thinking was using a heirarchy chart, you know you see an image then can zoom in and then there is different information or circles attached by lines, can zoom in further still. Best way to describe is when you see info about Trump, like he will be in the middle then it will have trump organisation, charity, campaign etc and then when you look at one closer it will have ivanka, jared, the people invovled and then you can info on them.

what is that called and is there any free ones available online to play around with

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
          Posting the picture from 15 years ago in the blog post was a compete cheap shot.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Isn't generating attention a big part of the business model? Public spat with someone famous is almost as a contrived as being the confidant of a celebrity who just passed away.
            Correct. But the whole carry of Dara retweeting everyone backing him up and constantly saying ‘small potion of his fans agree with hom’ Or something similar is embarrassing.

He flat out called for an apology for wearing the black face in one of the retweets despite that having nothing to do with the original tweet. And his fan boy liking all the tweets.

A joke now is what they are coming across to me

Comment

Decent chance of reasonable snowfall on Friday apparently, wonder if Sats rugby could be in doubt.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                Need your help.

I'm trying to develop a mind map type team strategy overview document.

What i was thinking was using a heirarchy chart, you know you see an image then can zoom in and then there is different information or circles attached by lines, can zoom in further still. Best way to describe is when you see info about Trump, like he will be in the middle then it will have trump organisation, charity, campaign etc and then when you look at one closer it will have ivanka, jared, the people invovled and then you can info on them.

what is that called and is there any free ones available online to play around with
                Use Prezi. Worth paying a small few quid for.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Decent chance of reasonable snowfall on Friday apparently, wonder if Sats rugby could be in doubt.
                  I reckon Racing will be more at risk than the Rugby with ground temps likely to get above 2 or 3 c from tomorrow until Saturday.

They can protect the pitch at Landsdowne rd and major traffic disruption is looking unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I reckon Racing will be more at risk than the Rugby with ground temps likely to get above 2 or 3 c from tomorrow until Saturday.

They can protect the pitch at Landsdowne rd and major traffic disruption is looking unlikely.
                    Please god no. All set to go to both days
                    sigpic
                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      I really hope not. I am looking forward to being able to sit on the couch and watch it. I don't have that luxury in Canada really.

Quite poetic that I leave Calgary, which is a tundra. Visit New York for work on the way, of which the Monday was probably the coldest I have ever been - 12c and close to water, an then get home only to be told there is a reasonable snowfall incoming.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                        My teacher told me that I’d never be any good at poetry because of my dyslexia, but so far I’ve made two jugs and a vase and I think they’re lovely.
                        My fav joke of that ilk

Two dyslexic guys are at the top of a ski slope.

One points to the slalom run and says, "Fancy zig zagging down the slalom run?"

The other replies,"Zig zag? Don't you mean zag zig?"

After ten minutes arguing whether slalom involved zig zagging or zag zigging, they both decide to ask someone at the bottom of the slope.

They put their goggles on and down the slope they go. They reach the bottom and see a man about to make his way up the hill.

"Excuse me, could you settle an argument for us? When you go down a slalom run do you zig zag or zag zig?"

The guy paused for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, I can't help you. I'm a tobogganist."

So the pair replied, "Fine, give us two packs of Marlboro then."

I hope HJ and Eamo don't get too offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                          My fav joke of that ilk

Two dyslexic guys are at the top of a ski slope.

One points to the slalom run and says, "Fancy zig zagging down the slalom run?"

The other replies,"Zig zag? Don't you mean zag zig?"

After ten minutes arguing whether slalom involved zig zagging or zag zigging, they both decide to ask someone at the bottom of the slope.

They put their goggles on and down the slope they go. They reach the bottom and see a man about to make his way up the hill.

"Excuse me, could you settle an argument for us? When you go down a slalom run do you zig zag or zag zig?"

The guy paused for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, I can't help you. I'm a tobogganist."

So the pair replied, "Fine, give us two packs of Marlboro then."

They were deaf?
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            They were deaf?
                            What makes you think they were dead ?

Comment

What makes you think they were dead ?
                              A dyslexic couple were eating their dinner when one said to the other 'Can you smell gas?'
                              'Smell gas ? I can't even smell my own name'

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                The kid's my childhood dream is finally about to be realised with the delivery of a massive chemistry set today. Great times ahead. Don't think we did a single actual chemistry test in school, was three years of pure reading a book.

Comment

We did those tests in class, it got to the point (as we further progressed down the periodic table) that the science teacher burned the ceiling quite badly. He also showed us his collection of radioactive materials which was cool, geiger counter at the ready.

First day of chemistry in university the lecturer came on stage and opened a flask and hurled the contents towards the unwitting auditorium. It was liquid Nitrogen so it just turned into gas, was great to see the reaction of everybody in front though.

Comment

The only thing that offends me in here is the quality of your jokes. Don't stop trying though
                                    airport, lol

Comment

retailers give a vision of things to come in the UK
                                      SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        The only thing that offends me in here is the quality of your jokes. Don't stop trying though
                                        I know they stink like farts..i just can't keep them in though. You'll be glad to know it's harder to post on my phone than my recently deceased computer .

Comment

But Sammy really knows whats up

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil-worshipper?

He sold his soul to Santa.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Inside Europe on BBC2 is a good watch. If Cameron had any self awareness he'd be in deep cringe mode watching it.
                                              What a pathetic fool, someone who could be out played by mental midgets like Carswell and Farrage trying to out wit Merkel and Junker

Comment

Inside Europe on BBC2 is a good watch. If Cameron had any self awareness he'd be in deep cringe mode watching it.
                                                What a pathetic fool, someone who could be out played by mental midgets like Carswell and Farrage trying to out wit Merkel and Junker
                                                There's an even better book of the same title, by Geert Mak.

Well worth a buy.

Comment

An unregulated entity to loan tax payers money to developers sounds like a great idea. Bound to end well. Wonder why the developers don't just go to the banks.
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

May-Day part VI.

In which our valiant hero continues the fantasy that agreeing something in Westminster = getting agreement in Brussels.

Sabine Weyand absolutely slaughtered this notion yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        May-Day part VI.

In which our valiant hero continues the fantasy that agreeing something in Westminster = getting agreement in Brussels.

Liam Fox's interview this morning was clear to me that they are setting it up to be rejected by Europe with maybe a 10% chance of it having to go to an Irish veto. that works well for all sides of the Tory divide because they can either be led over the cliff by the likes of him into their no deal nirvana or the remain side will get to push towards an extension and 2nd referendum.

I hope that the EU stands firm now and are prepared to demand that any extension is either very short term accompanied by at least a No Deal / May's deal referendum within a couple of months or longer term c. 30 months to allow a GE followed by renegotiation and then referendum.
                                                        Else they should be told to GTFO, another decade of European politics being dominated by Tory party infighting is going to be worse than no deal.

Comment

Sammy is now jumping up and down in Westminster wanting to know what May would negotiate instead of the backstop... Its almost as if the fucking halfwit has just figured out what the only alternative is

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-01-19, 11:33.

Comment

the comments on this are pretty eye opening

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The shinners are in my opinion doing a pretty important job of diluting a far right element in ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                the comments on this are pretty eye opening

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The shinners are in my opinion doing a pretty important job of diluting a far right element in ireland.
                                                                Those comments can't be real. They have to be trolls or russian bots or something.

Can't get my head around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Raekwon View Post
                                                                  Those comments can't be real. They have to be trolls or russian bots or something.

Can't get my head around them.
                                                                  That's what many of them are.

Comment

Comment

So either they go back to Europe and Europe says no or Ireland vetos? It's a weird strategy.
                                                                      It's all weird.

May is effectively now campaigning against her own deal. The one she painstakingly negotiated and agreed with the EU.

Rank amateurs.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Me: Hello, my colleague collapsed and is currently in the recovery position and whiter than a sheet.

999: Ambulance is on the way.

Me 1hr20 mins later: Good decision not to be really sick, colleague.

Comment

What's this about?

Regulation isn't all that. It's mainly an overview of broad capital ratios to stop banks going bankrupt.

I'd imagine lending money to developers would be highly profitable. Gov currently lends money to loads of groups already through NTMA, Enterprise Ireland e.g. highly risky small firms, startups. No problems there and decent returns so can't see why property development lending would be any less successful.
                                                                              If leading to the developers in question was to be highly profitable, established lenders would provide the finance. The reason the don't is these loans are far too risky. The state is shouldering this excess risk and I don't like it.

The purpose of this scheme is not to make a profit, it's to fund risky development ventures.

The chances of this ending in tears are 100%. Michael Healy-Rae's sister's donkey's development company will secure a big loan to build a castle in a swamp. The project will fail. Donkey's development company will declare bankruptcy after siphoning off most the money to businesses of family and friends. Joe and Mary tax payer will be left with the bill.

Save this. If if five years the new entity isn't embroiled in a scandal of this type I will donate €100 euro to a donkey sanctuary of your choosing.

Maybe the the state should set up another entity to dole out mortgages to those who can't secure the from established leaders?

Better still why loan the money at all? The state could fund, manage and sub-contract out these developments, essentially becoming the developer, and then sell them without any profit element to relieve would be home buyers?
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                The chances of this ending in tears are 100%. Michael Healy-Rae's sister's donkey's development company will secure a big loan to build a castle in a swamp. The project will fail. Donkey's development company will declare bankruptcy after siphoning off most the money to businesses of family and friends. Joe and Mary tax payer will be left with the bill.

Save this. If if five years the new entity isn't embroiled in a scandal of this type I will donate €100 euro to a donkey sanctuary of your choosing.

?
                                                                                Obv the details of the scandal won't be fully uncovered until the Healy Rae Donkey sanctuary tribunal has finished hearing evidence sometime in late 2031

Comment

Obv the details of the scandal won't be fully uncovered until the Healy Rae Donkey sanctuary tribunal has finished hearing evidence sometime in late 2031
                                                                                  Closely followed by the Strewelpeter Super Salami Donkey Meat Symposium.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Watching S02 of Counterpart, haven't a breeze whats going on but it looks and sounds great and deffo worth watching just for JK Simmons two performances.

Comment

So either they go back to Europe and Europe says no or Ireland vetos? It's a weird strategy.
                                                                                          I reckon the most likely things to happen (in order of likeliness) are:

- ignominious no deal exit - 75%
                                                                                          - Ireland deciding that a time limited backstop is actually better than a no deal reality at the end of March - 15%
                                                                                          - The EU forcing Ireland into accepting a time limit 5%
                                                                                          - Enough MP's accepting a deal with no time limit on the backstop 2.5%
                                                                                          - Cancel A50 2.4%
                                                                                          - 2nd referendum .1%

Bunch of morons in the HoC.

Comment

May-Day part VI.

I did tells ya. It's like the Brits now exist in a parallel universe.

Weyand yesterday. Tusk and Macron today.

It's like the Brits think those flaky continentals will just roll over at the sight of May armed with a meaningless vote that contains no definitive suggestions.

I'm flying into the UK on 29th March. Could be fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              One thing I don't get about the Irish government position on the backstop. Coveney/Varadkar are saying that even if there is no deal there will not be a hard border, and they will work with the UK/EU in that case to prevent border checks, etc. If this is the case, why is there the need for a backstop to avoid a hard border when there is not going to be a hard border in the first place no matter what?

Is it all just bluster, and everyone knows there will be border checks of some kind but no one wants to admit it? It seems like it is counter productive to say there will be no border infrastructure if there actually must be because it will be insisted about.
                                                                                              No one really replied to this (except SP who didn't really answer it). Any takers to explain the Irish government position to me?

Comment

I reckon the most likely things to happen (in order of likeliness) are:

- ignominious no deal exit - 75%
                                                                                                - Ireland deciding that a time limited backstop is actually better than a no deal reality at the end of March - 15%
                                                                                                - The EU forcing Ireland into accepting a time limit 5%
                                                                                                - Enough MP's accepting a deal with no time limit on the backstop 2.5%
                                                                                                - Cancel A50 2.4%
                                                                                                - 2nd referendum .1%

Bunch of morons in the HoC.
                                                                                                There'll be an extension of A50 imo.

Comment

No one really replied to this (except SP who didn't really answer it). Any takers to explain the Irish government position to me?
                                                                                                  They are being economical with the truth.

The NI border becomes de facto the border between the EU and a third party. Now, that might look like the Swiss-French border (fairly seamless). But it will require some infrastructure for sure to protect the integrity of the Single Market.

Comment

The Brits also don't seem to grasp the negotiating dynamic here. Why the fuck would the EU do them any favours?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Worth bearing in mind that on the vote tonight that 'we don't want no deal brexit' just about 48% of the house disagreed with that.
                                                                                                          It's an utterly meaningless vote though. The HoC can't unilaterally decide it doesn't want a no deal Brexit.

Comment

...

Comment

Oh I know, it was described as a statement of opinion vote on sky, which seems about right. And the opinion of 48% of them was - meh, let the gates of hell open.
                                                                                                              They really do deserve it at this stage. Five years of disaster as their economy collapses around them while they ineffectively struggle to work out what kind of trade agreement they want, while the EU continually slaps them down like a red-headed stepchild.

March 29th 2024: Prime Minister and First Secretary Komrade Korbin officially applies for EU membership.

March 30th 2024: the noise of hilarious laughter from the Continent deafens the remaining Brits - those that haven't yet been eaten by the roaming bands of cannibals.

Comment

Just to demonstrate how deluded the Brits are (and how this whole Westminster am-dram production means absolutely nothing in the real world):

Juncker called May this afternoon and forcefully informed her the Brady amendment is meaningless and that if it passed, May should not even bother coming to Brussels to negotiate on the basis of it.

Knowing this, she presses on.

Comment

Watching S02 of Counterpart, haven't a breeze whats going on but it looks and sounds great and deffo worth watching just for JK Simmons two performances.
                                                                                                                  "Which side is this now" ? seems to be muttered between me and my wife several times per episode.

So confusing, but really good drama.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Ha. My man here presents the mirror image of what the Brits are trying to do.

The best way of thinking about this is to imagine the converse situation, in which the EU at this late stage announced that despite what has been agreed in the negotiations only by, say, increasing the financial settlement and changing the backstop back to being Northern Ireland will it be possible to secure sufficient support from the European Council and Parliament. The outrage of Brexiters can easily be guessed at, and the UK response would almost certainly be a flat refusal.

Comment

The brits have never really got over not being able to kick their Indian servants in the stomach after the Raj ended.
                                                                                                                      This is what you get when you build hero myths around shit examples of humanity like Winston Churchill
                                                                                                                      As I saw somwhere else earlier the Russians won WWII and now they’ve won brexit

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        The brits have never really got over not being able to kick their Indian servants in the stomach after the Raj ended.
                                                                                                                        This is what you get when you build hero myths around shit examples of humanity like Winston Churchill
                                                                                                                        As I saw somwhere else earlier the Russians won WWII and now they’ve won brexit
                                                                                                                        Now, now. The answer to xenophobia isn't more xenophobia.

It's condescension.

Comment

Now, now. The answer to xenophobia isn't more xenophobia.

It's condescension.
                                                                                                                          Whatever happened to the good old bulldog British names anyway. Farage, May, Boris Johnson? At least WInston Churchill sounds like someone to be reckoned with. Too many ladeda Jeremys.. fun watching them go from colonialists to colonoscopies. (Sorry eamo)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X