Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
    Could of told me sooner yis pair of cunce
    Only decided a minute ago m9. Some of us don't need a week's notice to go for pince.
    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 10-05-17, 16:34.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Funny, I watched it fully expecting it to be a racist thing, was ready to cringe at it.

Was just two women fighting over a man, both of them scummers if your wan's tale of a broken jaw is to be believed.
      It's not when you have a broken jaw or even a fractured or dislocated jaw your jaw needs to be wired shut. You need a feeding tube down your nose which you swallow down continuously like drinking water. It then needs to be flushed regularly and listened with scope to make sure it doesn't loop up your gullet. Sometimes they allow the tube in the mouth with a flush syringe. But her jaw would be wired shut.

She isn't a battered woman. Not in my opinion. I could be doing her an injustice. Apologies to her if so.

Comment

It's slightly frustrating knowing he'll survive this.

We have his National Security advisor being fired for lying, being a foreign agent and potentially compromised by Russia
        We have the White House ignoring their AG about the above
        We have her fired the day she tells the White House they can now see the evidence
        We have the CIA, FBI and NSA all saying Russia were involved in the election
        We have the former head of the FBI saying there are 10 month old investigations in to the Trump campaign and Russia
        We have clear business ties with persons of interest and Trump going back decades
        We have FISA warrants served, which require probable cause to be shown
        We have a former campaign manager with an arrest warrant in Ukraine
        We have the White House trying to get Nunes to down play this and having to recuse himself
        We have Trump trying to say Obama did a wiretap
        We have Sessions having to recuse himself for lying over Russia
        We have Kushner omitting details from his security clearance form about meetings with Russians
        We have the White House telling senior FBI officials to tell the media theres nothing there
        We have at least one, most likely multiple grand juries assembled
        We have the former DNI refusing to comment on evidence he's seen on associations between Trump businesses and Russia
        We have Senators saying they have seen classified evidence of collusion
        We have Trump firing the head of the FBI as he closes in, so he can appoint a stooge
        We have surrogates on TV saying the investigation should be put to bed now
        We have the Senate Intelligence Committee asking the Financial Crimes unit of the Treasury Department for everything they have on Trumps and associated businesses
        We have a White House that spends millions on flying to Florida calling the investigations a sham and waste of tax dollars, whilst also rejecting a special prosecutor or release tax returns which could help clear him

Murica
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Post pics of your pints lads! @Andy Rigger.

Make us really jelly
          You and me will go next time CH
          Enjoy

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Only decided a minute ago m9. Some of us don't need a week's notice to go for pince.
              Could have done tomorrow
              Where ye heading?
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nothing like being on crutches to find out who is ans isn't a prick.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Nothing like being on crutches to find out who is ans isn't a prick.
                    I was in them for eight weeks with no car very stressful. The sheer joy of getting back on your own feet.

Comment

Get better
                      Raoul Duke III

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                        I was in them for eight weeks with no car very stressful. The sheer joy of getting back on your own feet.
                        I reckon I'm only a couple of weeks away thank fuck. I can walk, but only using one foot which makes me about 5 times slower than normal.

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I reckon I'm only a couple of weeks away thank fuck. I can walk, but only using one foot which makes me about 5 times slower than normal.
                            A perfect day for the fancy umbrella so?
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

My girlfriend asked the drink store in Stoneybatter did he stock Hophouse 13, she got a 5 minute rant in return.

Theres only a very narrow sub section of people this will apply to, but has anyone noticed the similarities between David Sklansky and Mark Rippetoe? They both have exactly the same condescending attitude.

Comment

Great to see the minister for social protection bringing in a 12 month notice period for the winding up of DB schemes. If only he'd make it retrospective to various companies which did the state some service and then reneged on their commitments to their employees. CRC, Rehab etc. I wonder how it will work out for the likes of the Irish Greyhound board and other busto semi state organisations who can't afford to meet their commitments.

Meanwhile the private sector schemes that arent already gone will be trying to get out the gap before the law changes.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                    My girlfriend asked the drink store in Stoneybatter did he stock Hophouse 13, she got a 5 minute rant in return.

Theres only a very narrow sub section of people this will apply to, but has anyone noticed the similarities between David Sklansky and Mark Rippetoe? They both have exactly the same condescending attitude.
                                    lol it's condescending absolutely but also a little sad to be that narrowly focussed. Rippetoe isn't exactly a poster child for healthy living either when you see him. He's definitely not got everything right...
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

What was the gist?

Place I'm in at the moment has been TOLD to get Hophouse 13

Is it that bad?

Comment

It's not terrible

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          Great to see the minister for social protection bringing in a 12 month notice period for the winding up of DB schemes. If only he'd make it retrospective to various companies which did the state some service and then reneged on their commitments to their employees. CRC, Rehab etc. I wonder how it will work out for the likes of the Irish Greyhound board and other busto semi state organisations who can't afford to meet their commitments.

Meanwhile the private sector schemes that arent already gone will be trying to get out the gap before the law changes.
                                          Hopefully getting rogered sideways with contribution demands...

Comment

+ Taleb

Comment

CL semi delivering so far.

Staying at 2-0 up to half time would set it up beautifully.

Something about semi-finals (in all sports). One of them is invariably the best match of the tournament and what you would hope the final would be. Clermont-Leinster in the rugby being another example.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                What was the gist?

Is it that bad?
                                                Basically that its a fake craft beer, they just repackaged some other beer they used to have. I think its a small step above Heineken/Carlsburg etc

Comment

Ronaldo finally sighted for the first time in the match. Rolling around faking injury but still a lot more than he had done for the first 32 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Horse racing too.
                                                    Budget 68 million funding for 2017 that delivers 4.8 million govt increase

I am glad to say a lot of that is portioned for animal welfare though too

Rehab however is not doing so well...they sold their hq last year to meet funding.

Crisis-hit charity Rehab has had to to put its €12m headquarters up for sale to ensure it can pay off mounting bank debt and so keep funding vital services.

Comment

Basically that its a fake craft beer, they just repackaged some other beer they used to have. I think its a small step above Heineken/Carlsburg etc
                                                      aaah, bit more than that, they are diversifying their name

It's not like it's Blue Moon or anything!?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        What was the gist?

Is it that bad?
                                                        Its a "craft" beer made by Diageo which kind of defeats the purpose as some people see it.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Decent finish from Sanchez

Comment

This is the best beer.

And one like it call tergenseer hell. The rest should give up
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Anyone recommend a decent tailor in the Henry street area?

Comment

Hophouse 13 is piss would rather a Heineken any time.
                                                                  There's a lot of fake craft or piss poor me too bad craft out there,superficially in a lot of Irish supermarkets now it looks like there is a lot of choice but you still have to do a lot of digging to get the good stuff

Comment

Ronaldo finally sighted for the first time in the match. Rolling around faking injury but still a lot more than he had done for the first 32 mins.

Can imagine you watching the two Bayern games and the first leg v Atleti just hoping he messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Hophouse 13 is piss would rather a Heineken any time.
                                                                      There's a lot of fake craft or piss poor me too bad craft out there,superficially in a lot of Irish supermarkets now it looks like there is a lot of choice but you still have to do a lot of digging to get the good stuff
                                                                      MetalMan is one of the nicest readily available craft beers on tap.There isn't much around Kildare but Harte's in Kildare town has it on tap and Lock 13 in Sallins have a decent selection too.

Comment

People do even worse in blind taste tests of beer than they do with wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                          Anyone recommend a decent tailor in the Henry street area?
                                                                          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            This is the best beer.

I'm going to luxembourg in the morning and looking forward to see what they have to offer on the beer front

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              People do even worse in blind taste tests of beer than they do with wine.
                                                                              Do you have a reference or citation for that? I'd imagine that its difficult to taste the difference between two beers made in the same way with the same ingredients, but the difference between a real IPA and something like hophouse 13 is huge, they taste completely different - like mixing up lemonade and apple juice, it would be impossible to confuse them

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                Irish U17 get bet 7 - 0 by Germany in the European Championships but progress due to head to head results.
                                                                                Playing England in the QF

Comment

Sierra Nevada have it perfected. The rest should just give up.

Comment

How can you still bang that drum? No time for the guy, but what he's done in the knockout stages this year puts the 'doesnt turn up for the big games' to bed beyond all doubt.

Comment

Anyone that takes a look at Twitch every couple of months, tonight is a good one.

Jason Mercier streaming the $25k SCOOP with JCarver, and also playing the $2100 Razz. At a pretty sick table as you'd expect with Jungleman, Jason Koon, Scott Siever and a couple of online beasts that shipped the Sunday Million amongst others.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        How can you still bang that drum? No time for the guy, but what he's done in the knockout stages this year puts the 'doesnt turn up for the big games' to bed beyond all doubt.
                                                                                        I'd generally assume RD3 and to a slightly lesser extent SP, are just joshing when they post on soccerball. If I ever mention soccer, please ignore it. I find paint drying, or grass growing, in real time, more enjoyable and interesting.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Playing England in the QF
                                                                                          The way they celebrated after the game was not a pleasing sight after such a beating from a well organised and focued German team. They got lucky goal difference didnt count or they would have finished stone last.
                                                                                          Lets hope this was a good wake up call and the game against the English ends better.

Comment

Kinnegar have it perfected. The rest should just give up.
                                                                                            FYP

Rustbucket Rye Ale is the best thing in the world never mind best beer.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Do you have a reference or citation for that? I'd imagine that its difficult to taste the difference between two beers made in the same way with the same ingredients, but the difference between a real IPA and something like hophouse 13 is huge, they taste completely different - like mixing up lemonade and apple juice, it would be impossible to confuse them

While the experiments conducted were limited, the results show that when labels are removed from beer bottles, drinkers can't tell different brands apart—sometimes even when one of those brands is the taster's go-to drink of choice.
                                                                                              In the paper, the researchers first point to a classic 1964 study, in which a few hundred volunteer beer testers (probably wasn't too hard to find folks willing to participate) were sent five different kinds of popular lager brands, each with noticeable taste differences according to the experts. But people who rated their preferred beer brands higher when the labels were on bottles "showed virtually no preferences for certain beers over others" when the labels were removed during tastings:
                                                                                              The experiments involved a series of "triangle tests," in which drinkers were given a trio of beers to taste, two of which were the same beer. Tasters were asked to name the "singleton" of the bunch, and generally speaking, they could not do so with any reliable degree of accuracy:
                                                                                              In two of three tastings, participants are no better than random at telling the lagers apart, and in the third tasting, they are only marginally better than random.
                                                                                              All that said, we must point out the study's shortcomings. The beer tastings were very limited in scope. It's not like tasters were asked to compare Bud Light and a hoppy craft IPA, and then failed to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                Not a big beer person but was given a couple of bottles of that recently, very good

Comment

I like beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    I don't drink beer, nor have I done for a long long time. I do have a sure fire beer business idea which I've spent a bit of time on and on verifying some aspects of that I regret not progressing. Some day..
                                                                                                    I'm all ears!

Comment

Sierra Nevada have it perfected. The rest should just give up.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      FYP

Rustbucket Rye Ale is the best thing in the world never mind best beer.
                                                                                                      Ye are both right there
                                                                                                      Ireland wise kinnegar are definitely on top.
                                                                                                      Sierra Nevada,only ever had torpedo,lovely stuff

Comment

Try a modern sour beer, you won't go back. This is a good start: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/siren-...-citra/250963/

Comment

It's almost like everybody isn't the same and likes different things! Silly.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                            It's almost like everybody isn't the same and likes different things! Silly.
                                                                                                            qft

Comment

http://billwurtz.compatreon: http://patreon.com/billwurtzspotify: https://play.spotify.com/artist/78cT0dM5Ivm722EP2sgfDhitunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us...

Comment

Gave that a solid minute earlier. Wasn't my cup of tea. Am I missing out?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                                  Gave that a solid minute earlier. Wasn't my cup of tea. Am I missing out?
                                                                                                                  I read your longest cartoon ever earlier.

This is payback.

Comment

And they both probably equally out of touch with the latest in both fields.

I spend a lot of time on fitness than poker these days. So in a better position to critise Rippetoe. Some of his stuff is highly opinionated, but a lot of it is plain wrong.

To be fair they were comparing 3 similar european largers. Not completely different beers.
                                                                                                                    The taste range in beer is much broader than wine.
                                                                                                                    I doubt anyone could fail to distinguish a Stout, an IPA and a Lager. (even blindfolded)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

To be fair they were comparing 3 similar european largers. Not completely different beers.
                                                                                                                      The taste range in beer is much broader than wine.
                                                                                                                      I doubt anyone could fail to distinguish a Stout, an IPA and a Lager. (even blindfolded)
                                                                                                                      Of course, that's not really the point though. That's like seeing if people can tell the difference between a dessert wine and a red wine.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-05-17, 07:38.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          Of course, that's not really the point though. That's like seeing if people can tell the difference between a dessert wine and a red wine.
                                                                                                                          Maybe I misunderstood, but that's exactly what I thought HJs point was.
                                                                                                                          That nobody would confuse Hophouse, a amber lager with an IPA.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X