Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Paging ghostface. Slight misclick when sticking a bet on betfair for somone and now have 500 on LAC to beat the the in blue in American football.

Any chance or when do i cash out and cut losses...
    Let it ride

Comment

Paging ghostface. Slight misclick when sticking a bet on betfair for somone and now have 500 on LAC to beat the the in blue in American football.

Oh no... before game thought might have a chance at beating spread.... but oh no

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
        Oh no... before game thought might have a chance at beating spread.... but oh no
        Blue team trading at 1.01 but im still confident.

Insert -this is fine dog burning yokie gif.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Let it ride
          This was a joke btw. Sorry for your loss

Comment

Blue team trading at 1.01 but im still confident.

Insert -this is fine dog burning yokie gif.
            Just don't throw 500 on the Eagles to make it back the way the games have gone so far

Comment

Just don't throw 500 on the Eagles to make it back the way the games have gone so far
              Wouldnt mind i only keep a few bob on betfair but had spiked a monkey on Rashford fgs.

Shall resign to be a lifetime nfl loser with grace.

Unless you are saying lay these Eagles

PS when u comin back out for a game and a few pints..
              Last edited by Dice75; 13-01-19, 20:40.

Comment

Wouldnt mind i only keep a few bob on betfair but had spiked a monkey on Rashford fgs.

Shall resign to be a lifetime nfl loser with grace.

Unless you are saying lay these Eagles

PS when u comin back out for a game and a few pints..
                I played once last year which was prob one more time than the year before! i must choose an event wisely this year to mix in drinking IO week perhaps! Baby is 6 weeks old tomorrow so should be due a proper outing by then

Edit: I'd never bet against the eagles

Comment

good christ
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Squeaky bum time for ghostface

Edit. Pray for ghostface
                    Last edited by dobby; 14-01-19, 00:43.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Squeaky bum time for ghostface
                      Oh my fucking god...

Comment

Oh my fucking god...
                        Some time to miss a catch alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Still think privacy is going to be non existent in the future, radical transparency.
                          Reminds me a quote in one of Isaac Asiimov's books:
                          "It seems to me, Golan, that the advance of civilization is nothing but an exercise in the limiting of privacy."

Comment

Brexit bonkers barometer hitting new highs this week.

Will May still be PM on Weds?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Brexit bonkers barometer hitting new highs this week.

Will May still be PM on Weds?
                              And she's about to give a speech in a factory. Shades of Trump about her.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                And she's about to give a speech in a factory. Shades of Trump about her.
                                I love the way that the debate is always framed in the context of manufacturing, yet more than 80% of the jobs in the UK are in services.

Comment

I love the way that the debate is always framed in the context of manufacturing, yet more than 80% of the jobs in the UK are in services.
                                  Can you post a link to that Brexit blog you recommended a couple of times? I checked the first page of posts but couldn't see it, I don't know how long it's been since you posted a link

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                    Can you post a link to that Brexit blog you recommended a couple of times? I checked the first page of posts but couldn't see it, I don't know how long it's been since you posted a link

H
                                    ere.

The article from 02-Jan is a humdinger.

Comment

fun thread for Hitch

Up to his fucking ears in it
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          How am I in this?! I've just a more nuanced view, not that it didn't happen. Think Trump was selected purely as he's anti-Hilary, and Hilary had interfered in Russian elections when SecState, so this was Putin's revenge. Hence why all the actions (leaking emails) were anti-Hilary and only as a side effect pro-Trump.
                                          So you don't think Trump is personally compromised by the FSB or GRU?

Comment

Tory whip resigns.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Tory whip resigns.
                                              Read the first two words and was hoping for more titillation than what followed.

Comment

That's the 3rd Johnson she's lost from Cabinet/Junior roles in 6 months (Boris, Joe, now Gareth). Is there some sort of Blazing Saddles RockRidge thing going on in Westminster that so many people have Johnson as a surname?
                                                Hopefully Gabby 'authentic frontier gibberish' Johnson is still there.

Comment

Comment

Read the first two words and was hoping for more titillation than what followed.
                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    That's the 3rd Johnson she's lost from Cabinet/Junior roles in 6 months (Boris, Joe, now Gareth). Is there some sort of Blazing Saddles RockRidge thing going on in Westminster that so many people have Johnson as a surname?
                                                    Hopefully Gabby 'authentic frontier gibberish' Johnson is still there.
                                                    this gif just gets more and more use

Comment

Comment

The more I think about it a very hard, no deal, brexit with 1950's style rationing and a complete wipeout of the City. Refugee bankers hiding underneath lorries trying to sneak into Ireland and France under a proper hardline punishing the stupidity of it all regieme from the EU is the only way to resolve this.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            The more I think about it a very hard, no deal, brexit with 1950's style rationing and a complete wipeout of the City. Refugee bankers hiding underneath lorries trying to sneak into Ireland and France under a proper hardline punishing the stupidity of it all regieme from the EU is the only way to resolve this.
                                                            Think it'd be worth a minor hit for us tbh. fuck 'em.

Comment

Love how this thread has been de-anglicized by Brexit. I remember rd111 suggesting we reunite with the baggars. Nearly hopped a potato off the computer .

Comment

Absolutely every part of Brexit has been rooted in hubris and quite unbelievable levels of arrogance.

At this stage, still thinking you can just change the withdrawal agreement with the EU

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Screener for Bohemian Rhapsody out!
                                                                  Seemingly, it goes out of sync towards the end of the film. The HD rip is due to drop on 22nd January.

Comment

Tory whip resigns.
                                                                    How will the Tory’s manage to coordinate a vote without that dynamo of a whip keeping everyone in check?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      Seemingly, it goes out of sync towards the end of the film. The HD rip is due to drop on 22nd January.
                                                                      It only goes out of sync near the end at 1:55. To fix it in VLC from then on just

VLC: tools > track synchronization > set to 0.100s

The general quality of the release is very good for a screener.

SPOILER
                                                                      You wonder how much of the Live Aid thing was Hollywoodized for a happy-clappy ending. Then I go to youtube to watch the actual concert and it's even better and gives you goosebumps. He was some performer live.

Opr
                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 14-01-19, 18:19.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                          Anyone here have kids that went to Colaiste Lurgan?

Application filled out for Mia for 3 weeks in July. Jesus talk about excited,she's buzzing. I'm presuming they just accept as I have to pay 200 deposit..

To get into the music viral singing group thingy, you have to send a video of yourself singing in irish. She is practicing this all day

Take My Hand https://g.co/kgs/KKVT7k

Currently has "take my hand" one line perfected

I said great yep you can go etc I'll drive you... No she goes ill get the bus, I have researched it and its recommended you take the bus as that's where you make your friends. Its obv the college bus stops portlaoise, Dublin etc, Jesus I really admire her independent personality.

Told her I got my first shift in 1983 when I was packed off to one in Carna before being expelled a week later. She didn't take that too well!

Hope all goes acc to plan. Be a fantastic experience for her and she's so excited I hope its fairly simple to get in..

Well she has passed the first line lol
                                                                          Jaysus I couldn't sing it in English let alone Irish

http://youtu.be/HiQAYF_R228
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

The country girls will be running in the Abbey from the end of February until April. Would be fantastic imo. Early bird tickets from €11 for selected dates on sale until midnight tomorrow.

I just want to see it because the book was banned on its release in 1960 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              SPOILER

I actually thought it was on purpose, kinda using the audio from the concert in a kinda fourth wall break to highlight how good he was as a nod of respect

Comment

I know this has been asked loads of times already but what's the best cheapish Android phone on the market at the moment

Comment

I've heard good things about Huawei P20 Pro. It's probably at the higher end of the budget.

I've mentioned it before but I've bought brand new sealed phones on those adverts stores, there's a few smaller shops in town but generally saving 20-30% on the store price.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                    I know this has been asked loads of times already but what's the best cheapish Android phone on the market at the moment
                                                                                    moto g6 or g6 play

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      also looking for an android prolly in the 300 - 500 range. Have a Samsung S8/S9 at the moment but figure I look east for value?

Edit - Nokia 2.1 of any use?
                                                                                      the google pixel 2 xl is a phenomenal piece of kit and should be in that price range now that the 3 is out.

Comment

What kind of timeframe have people found Bet365 withdrawals to go into your Revolut account? I thought it would be immediate like the normal bank account/Visa Debit, but it looks not.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          moto g6 or g6 play
                                                                                          Was just gonna check if that was still the best option. Have a cracked screen on my mine, was gonna check if I should repair or go for something else

Comment

Are people using Revolut to hide gambling withdrawals from their bank accounts?

If you applied for a large loan / mortgage, could the lender ask to see your Revolut account if there are plenty of transactions? Seeing as it is just another bank account?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

If you applied for a large loan / mortgage, could the lender ask to see your Revolut account if there are plenty of transactions? Seeing as it is just another bank account?
                                                                                              Hsbc Malta went through a year's worth of revolut transactions before rejecting me for a credit card but Malta tend to be extra strict on foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

My brother got asked to provide his revolut statement for a mortgage application recently

Comment

Was just gonna check if that was still the best option. Have a cracked screen on my mine, was gonna check if I should repair or go for something else
                                                                                                  no idea to be honest, there might be better now, but difficult to go wrong with that phone at that price.

did a quick google check, and top ten budget phones below, so it's definitely still relevant

1 Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
                                                                                                  2 Honor 10 Lite
                                                                                                  3 Motorola Moto E5
                                                                                                  4 UMIDIGI One Pro
                                                                                                  5 Moto G6 Play
                                                                                                  6 Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
                                                                                                  7 Honor 9 Lite
                                                                                                  8 Nokia 5.1
                                                                                                  9 HTC Desire 12+
                                                                                                  10 Honor 7X

Comment

Got an email about uploading my own college id photo, tempted to try

SPOILER

Comment

This website pretty good for checking out / comparing the Chinese brand phones vs the Known names.

Comment

Is there universal hate for OnePlus phones here now? I have a OnePlus 5T and find it great. I know TD sold his or was in the process of, but I can't figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                          I've heard good things about Huawei P20 Pro. It's probably at the higher end of the budget.

I've mentioned it before but I've bought brand new sealed phones on those adverts stores, there's a few smaller shops in town but generally saving 20-30% on the store price.
                                                                                                          I have the p20 and a friend has the p20 pro, great phones. Difference with the p20 pro is really the third camera at the back for better photos, slightly bigger/different screen (pro has 6gb ram instead of 4gb but I can't really tell any usability difference?) and it's kinda waterproof if that matters - IP67.

The cameras are really good, especially in night mode, probably the best low light photos I've seen. The zoom on a pro is insane. The regular P20 offers 80 or 90 percent of the quality as long as you don’t zoom in past 2x.

Comment

I think it's just that price wise one plus are a step above the budget phones now.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                              Is there universal hate for OnePlus phones here now? I have a OnePlus 5T and find it great. I know TD sold his or was in the process of, but I can't figure out why.
                                                                                                              I have the oneplus 5 great phone i would find it hard to change to anything but oneplus
                                                                                                              I would buy this https://www.oneplus.com/ie/mclaren but soldout in Ire/UK,
                                                                                                              still available elsewhere but not with 3 pin plug

Comment

Originally posted by The Color of Money View Post
                                                                                                                I have the oneplus 5 great phone i would find it hard to change to anything but oneplus
                                                                                                                I would buy this https://www.oneplus.com/ie/mclaren but soldout in Ire/UK,
                                                                                                                still available elsewhere but not with 3 pin plug
                                                                                                                I've had the OnePlus 5 since it's launch in June 17. Plan was to get OnePlus7 in June when it launches but the 5 is the Denman of phones. Just keeps going with no issues. I'd prob be stupid to spend 600 odd in June considering New models are not offering much more. Much more that i need anyway.

Comment

Got an email about uploading my own college id photo, tempted to try

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  If I could remember your surname I could have a snoop on the real one!

Comment

May-Day.

Comment

...

Comment

May-Day.
                                                                                                                        You haven't been wrong about this on previous occasions.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X