Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poprock View Post
    Without creating a loaded question... thoughts on below
    Is that for all government contracts or some specific ones?
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Is that for all government contracts or some specific ones?
      Just seen it on our most recent one, however I imagine it will spread/become mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
        He is of course right in a lot of ways
        The Margaux bit is valid.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Need some help with how to approach a tricky situation. Plane needs annual inspection where the engineer signs it off as airworthy at the end. If they don’t, you can’t get it out of their facility without a world of pain, so maintaining a good relationship with them is paramount. Typically the first year is a bit of a kicker as the seller has been putting off non-critical items and the new engineer will often want them rectified.

I drop my plane to an engineer in the North last Feb and he agrees to do it, as I didn’t have anyone else at short notice. He finds bits of and pieces of corrosion and other problems that require parts from the US. There’s a paperwork problem when they arrive. Around the end of July I’m trying to get answers out of him as to how I should handle things with the part supplier and I get no response to text call or email. End of August I get on again and he says he dealt with them directly and everything is resolved and re-ordered. Silence then until mid October he says everything’s fitted and just a few small things left to do. Sent a few more texts and emails and heard nothing. Mid November and I finally get a reply saying call him tomorrow…he doesn’t answer. Three more emails since and no answer and I emailed yesterday to say I’m going to drive up there next week to see how things are going…no answer.

All I’ve heard since November is second hand info from a long time customer of his is that he’s ‘waiting for a part’ and isn’t the type of guy who likes to be hassled! The lack of communication seems off the wall to me. Do people really work like that? My plane is in his workshop taking up space so I’m sure he wants rid of it and wants to collect the several thousand he’s owed so I don’t know WTF to think.

TLDR Don’t buy a plane.

Comment

When did sky news start using the 'Brexit crisis' sting in and out of comm. Breaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Head lice email from school yesterday.
              Threadworm email today.

Eagerly awaiting what new parasite will be discovered tomorrow.
              ...Well?...

Comment

The Margaux bit is valid.
                Meant Putin rather than hitch

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                    ...Well?...
                    Sadly no exotic stuff today. Was hoping for one of these.

Comment

If you dropped your car in for a service, was told it needed a new yokemmybob and it was still there six months later....is the plane situation the same or are pilots just very chilled out dudes?

Comment

If you dropped your car in for a service, was told it needed a new yokemmybob and it was still there six months later....is the plane situation the same or are pilots just very chilled out dudes?
                        I don't know tbh. I'm still green in terms of the whole scene. I think the fact that they have so much power in terms of possession of the goods means timelines are a bit slower but I'm at a loss really. I suppose he was expecting it to be a run of the mill job and it turned into more, so he's just tipping away when none of his regulars are screaming at him.

Comment

lol literally just got an email to say it's ready!

Comment

Poor Burton Albion. Just the 9-0 down to Man City approaching full time!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              lol literally just got an email to say it's ready!
                              He as had it since February?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                ...Always thought there was an unwritten agreement to take your foot off the pedal to avoid making it embarrassing...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  He as had it since February?
                                  Yes sir.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last chance saloon approaching for the 2019 Multi Sport Competition.
                                        Everything from cricket to hurling to test your luckboxing skills.
                                        13 entries so far, need another to avoid such an unlucky number.

Entries close Thursday 5.30pm.

Testimonials.
                                        Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        Great competition in the way it went back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Is there even slightly a chance that he thought - fck that lad, I'll just give him back his plane to avoid the hassle and hopefully that engine doesn't explode. Hopefully.
                                          No his ridiculous attention to detail is at least part of the reason it took so long.

Comment

...Always thought there was an unwritten agreement to take your foot off the pedal to avoid making it embarrassing...
                                            Could argue it can't really apply to the first leg of a two-legged tie. You'd like to think they'll be more Etonian about it in the second leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Play the reserves in the second leg?

Comment

Yeah there is, isn't there. Although maybe its young lads rather than regular squad that were sent out with a chance to impress the team boss, and they've got a different priority.
                                                Nope. Why would there be? Pretty much a full team out too.

Comment

We are a grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    they never went out of fashion. xmas week without a jigsaw or 2 is just not xmas. we've got a few Jan van haasteren ones like the below which are great fun to do.

SPOILER
                                                    Got 2 van haasterens, a 1000 piece and and a 1500 piece. They are seriously addictive. Was working on the 1000 piece last night with a plan of finishing around 11.30pm for bed, somehow was still working on it at 3am. Great fun and the puzzle is very easy on the eye.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Some night, not due for another 10 days, got a hint at about 8 that they were going to the hospital, something not right. 8:20 message that the medics aren't happy and they want to do a c section... I'm shitting myself, can't imagine how they were and on to the airport trying to get on the late flight tonight - 8:40 the baby was born

Looks like everything went fine and both are doing well.

Comment

Yes sir.
                                                        Will it be certified for another year from now then? You must have barely had a chance to fly that plane at all since you bought it, between one thing and another.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Grade A shit stirring on Twitter Hitch!!

Comment

Is that the first?! I'd say it's a sweet feeling.
                                                                Yeah No1 , it's amazing I sweated and worried more about this one than any of our own!
                                                                It's hard to explain how weird and different it feels in general but the panic and dread I felt for a while this evening was awful.

Comment

Massive congratulations Tony.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                      Bit of quality TV

Yer man probably sees it as a win though. And his moronic acolytes.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        Will it be certified for another year from now then? You must have barely had a chance to fly that plane at all since you bought it, between one thing and another.
                                                                        Yea a full year now hopefully (except an oil change at the 50 hour mark). I've had it serviceable for a total of 5 months since August 2016, most of which were winter months.

Comment

The kid, 7, is at a bit of a stage where she's trying to work out the future. She was saying something along the lines of:

They are incredibly sweet at these ages. Over the summer her big thing was working out that things die due to someone she was hanging out with on the campsite telling her. Turned her into a temporary nervous wreck.

Night one: dogs die!!! *wail*
                                                                          Night two: mummy will die!!! *wail*
                                                                          Night three: daddy will die!!! *wail*
                                                                          Night four: I will die!!!!!!! *wail*

As is standard, Max's infallibility or otherwise was unremarked upon.
                                                                          My daughter won't eat fish because she realises that they are actual fish that people killed but she still thinks animals 'make' meat as they would milk. Be interesting to see what happens when the penny drops because she loves roast beef and lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Some night, not due for another 10 days, got a hint at about 8 that they were going to the hospital, something not right. 8:20 message that the medics aren't happy and they want to do a c section... I'm shitting myself, can't imagine how they were and on to the airport trying to get on the late flight tonight - 8:40 the baby was born

Looks like everything went fine and both are doing well.
                                                                            Must be a profound feeling. Congratulations!

Is that a bambino or a baby?

Comment

May's authority (if indeed she had any left at all) is just completely shot now. Even the supposedly impartial Speaker is now adopting a pragmatic position of 'contain the damage until we get a real government'. Britain is fast sliding towards irrelevance and irreversible decline. All of which would be quite funny if it were not so serious.

May is a cardboard cut-out of a Prime Minister. The EU 27 don't even bother responding to her desperate overtures with anything more than studied politeness these days.

Next week will however force some action - the real question is at which point do Labour decide to stop playing politics and take some ownership of the debacle...

Comment

Must be a profound feeling. Congratulations!

Is that a bambino or a baby?
                                                                                Deffo a Bambino... Giulia pronounced Julia ... I'm currently racing her Italian Granny to London and if Honda doesn't clear the runway soon I'll lose

Comment

Raoul is maybe one, two bad sleeps away from blaming Russia for why his 1998 Margaux tasted a bit off one time.
                                                                                  Motive

Crime

Payoff

Comment

Trump is blessed that Schumer and Pelosi to the forefront of dems shutdown response , they are awful , particularly Schumer , looks like a man who connects a nasal drip to his anus while he is relaxing at home

Comment

Facebook and Twitter were doing just fine wrecking democracy by themselves before the Russians showed up. Russians just had a tap in from 2 yards out thanks to the social media companies

Comment

...

Comment

What did Pelosi do wrong?
                                                                                          0.1% embodiment west coast privilege utterly captured by the dems corporate donors. Prob only advocates for immigration so her and her buds can skimp on paying “the help” in her mansions. Demonized as ultra liberal by the republicans while prob really being to the right of the tories
                                                                                          She seems to be quite unpopular even within her own party.

Translation: I don’t have a clue, just don’t like her or Schumer. Dems can do better

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  0.1% embodiment west coast privilege utterly captured by the dems corporate donors. Prob only advocates for immigration so her and her buds can skimp on paying “the help” in her mansions. Demonized as ultra liberal by the republicans while prob really being to the right of the tories
                                                                                                  She seems to be quite unpopular even within her own party.

Translation: I don’t have a clue, just don’t like her or Schumer. Dems can do better
                                                                                                  She's in the job 7 days and herself and Schumer are already runnings rings around Trump, forcing fractures in the GOP. Trump is the loser in the shotdown standoff.

My main complaint about her is her age, not her performance.

Comment

This bit is true. $100k seems about what the Russians spent on social media in their entire campaign. I'd imagine the $2bn spent by US special interests was somewhat of a bigger influence.
                                                                                                    How many hundred million targeted ads did the Russians shove under the noses of key swing state voters....?

That's what you should be looking at.

Comment

The kid's my childhood dream is finally about to be realised with the delivery of a massive chemistry set today. Great times ahead. Don't think we did a single actual chemistry test in school, was three years of pure reading a book.

Comment

The kid's my childhood dream is finally about to be realised with the delivery of a massive chemistry set today. Great times ahead. Don't think we did a single actual chemistry test in school, was three years of pure reading a book.
                                                                                                        Still waiting for my €2.5m chemistry set to be installed. We have to go back to the installer tomorrow and like a kid in a sweet shop ask 'how much can we get done for the €xx that we have?'
                                                                                                        When it finally gets done the recommended full time technician to look after it has shrunk down to 'sure Rob can do whatever needs to be done'.

Comment

10 days ago, their grip on the league was slipping, beat liverpool and 2 easy games to build confidence. 7-0 and 9-0 in 5 days is a hell of a message
                                                                                                          They needed the belief back. And to send a message
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Need some help with how to approach a tricky situation. Plane needs annual inspection where the engineer signs it off as airworthy at the end. If they don’t, you can’t get it out of their facility without a world of pain, so maintaining a good relationship with them is paramount. Typically the first year is a bit of a kicker as the seller has been putting off non-critical items and the new engineer will often want them rectified.

I drop my plane to an engineer in the North last Feb and he agrees to do it, as I didn’t have anyone else at short notice. He finds bits of and pieces of corrosion and other problems that require parts from the US. There’s a paperwork problem when they arrive. Around the end of July I’m trying to get answers out of him as to how I should handle things with the part supplier and I get no response to text call or email. End of August I get on again and he says he dealt with them directly and everything is resolved and re-ordered. Silence then until mid October he says everything’s fitted and just a few small things left to do. Sent a few more texts and emails and heard nothing. Mid November and I finally get a reply saying call him tomorrow…he doesn’t answer. Three more emails since and no answer and I emailed yesterday to say I’m going to drive up there next week to see how things are going…no answer.

All I’ve heard since November is second hand info from a long time customer of his is that he’s ‘waiting for a part’ and isn’t the type of guy who likes to be hassled! The lack of communication seems off the wall to me. Do people really work like that? My plane is in his workshop taking up space so I’m sure he wants rid of it and wants to collect the several thousand he’s owed so I don’t know WTF to think.

TLDR Don’t buy a plane.
                                                                                                              Right before I read your post my best friend told me she wants to be an airplane engineer and is applying to an apprenticeship (seems aimed at secondary school people and she has a physics degree), seems like a handy number when it's all done haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                Right before I read your post my best friend told me she wants to be an airplane engineer and is applying to an apprenticeship (seems aimed at secondary school people and she has a physics degree), seems like a handy number when it's all done haha.
                                                                                                                I am not sure this is in the same realm but may be of interest to her. Ryanair is currently advertising for Tech Services Engineer programme which primarily seems to be looking for a technology degree of some sort.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  Bit of quality TV

Bernard Durkan won't shut up.Fine Gael TD for Kildare North

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

...

Comment

An angry person. Well one of us anyway.
                                                                                                                      and you blocked

you coward

Twitter is a strange place
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You just don't want to admit that Americans are stupid enough all by themselves
                                                                                                                        You should start drip feeding your russian affections into your tweets.
                                                                                                                        The seethe would be glorious

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X