Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy new year to my disfunctional Irish brethren. May 2019 be crutchless. (well that's my wish)

Comment

Bonne année mon frere.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          That George Ezra main song is brill. Anything else apart from Shotgun that's particularly good?
          Budapest

Comment

"I pull you close, run my strong hands down your back, softly kiss your neck and whisper ...............'G'day mate'."
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Never liked Alan Shearer. Point blank refusing to shake Claude Puel's hand

SPOILER

Comment

That George Ezra main song is brill. Anything else apart from Shotgun that's particularly good?
                Surely Budapest is the main one? I suppose Shotgun and Paradise would be next as far as the hits go.

Hold my girl is his latest single and I really like it. He's only got two albums anyway so probably kiat better off giving them a spin if you wanna listen to him.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Official Fantasy Premier League 2023/24. Free to play fantasy football game, set up your fantasy football team at the Official Premier League site.

Magnus carlsen aka world chess champion also ranked 101st overall in the FPL

Comment

Comment

Sorry to Bother You is a weirdass but rewarding watch.
                        I loved it.

Comment

Sorry to Bother You is a weirdass but rewarding watch.
                          I assume you weren't one of the Rennes bourgeoisie who got more than they bargained for while enjoying a New Years Eve ride?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Corbyn shorter to be dumped than he is to be elevated to pm !

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

New Years Resolutions:
                                    1. Cyclo-commute >80% of the time I'm in the Irish office.
                                    2. Cook two new dishes p.m.
                                    3. Go see more theatre than last year
                                    4. Learn how to join up all my French words into actual sentences.
                                    5. Buy and sell a gaff.
                                    6. Moar uplift.

Comment

Anyone looking for a change of job on this quite depressing day?
                                      A career path you've long had a hankering for?

Irish Rail looking to hire 100 train drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        New Years Resolutions:
                                        2. Cook two new dishes p.m.
                                        3. Go see more theatre than last year
                                        4. Learn how to join up all my French words into actual sentences.
                                        5. Buy and sell a gaff.
                                        6. Moar uplift.
                                        Reverse the order surely!
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I've an old friend who hits me up every year for tickets to his football team's NY draw. Always give him €20 for two tickets.

Finally in profit. Shipped €500 in it. Nice bonus at this time of year.

Comment

My new years resolution is geared towards my long term plan of turning the understairs kids play room into a wine cellar. About four years from now.

About enough time to change my relationship with booze so that I can ignore it's presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              My new years resolution is geared towards my long term plan of turning the understairs kids play room into a wine cellar. About four years from now.

About enough time to change my relationship with booze so that I can ignore it's presence.
                                              Is one of your kids Harry Potter?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Anyone looking for a change of job on this quite depressing day?
                                                A career path you've long had a hankering for?

Irish Rail looking to hire 100 train drivers.
                                                https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019...train-drivers/
                                                When I saw that story earlier I was sure it'd be linked here, so WP.

Sadly the paycut and more unsociable hours are more of a drawback now that when I was mooting this idea years ago when single and childless.

Comment

Whats the title thread meaning?

PS - Dom when you go again you may wish you had taken it for the peace.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Is one of your kids Harry Potter?
                                                    Ah I need that one explained to me Dom.

Did Harry Potter turn a playroom into a wine cellar? Never read it.

Comment

More sleep is my 2019 goal.

Comment

Lived under the stairs in the first book.
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Whats the title thread meaning?

PS - Dom when you go again you may wish you had taken it for the peace.
                                                          I was drunk and trying to be funny
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Going to a two day training session on DataRobot in London in a week or so. The absolutely hipist software du jour.

Then another two days hunkering down in Cass Business School to finish off a research paper. Followed by a few days R&R in Leiden. Lovely city.

Wee bit apprehensive after last disastrous outing to Austria. But think I'll be grand. Can't stay holed up in Rennes forever.
                                                            My brother did a masters in Leiden, it is an absolute fairy tale of a place. Nicest town I've been to. You feel like you're Sherlock Holmes walking along the embankment when it's misty with all those old style lamps.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Aha!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  I was drunk and trying to be funny
                                                                  Maybe it is funny. Explain your funniness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Maybe it is funny. Explain your funniness.
                                                                    The hilarity stems from the fact that 2000 & A-team sounds like 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      The hilarity stems from the fact that 2000 & A-team sounds like 2018.
                                                                      Different level

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          Reverse the order surely!
                                                                          I reckon they're in the correct order, certainly as regards life enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            New Years Resolutions:
                                                                            Ordered new bike this morning after having last one stolen in Nov. Cycle2Work scheme gets you a nice deal, back on the bike commute Monday

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                              Ordered new bike this morning after having last one stolen in Nov. Cycle2Work scheme gets you a nice deal, back on the bike commute Monday
                                                                              What you order?

Will be getting a new one soon.
                                                                              1k budget.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  the old man and the gun is out also
                                                                                  Didn't particularly rate this one.

The favorite is out now also

Comment

...

Comment

Decent finish...

Comment

Awful lot of smugness on social media/media about what a great job Leo and the boys are doing on brexit and what a mess the brits are making of things , and aren’t the EU great , they have our back etc
                                                                                        Still think they will shaft us in some way on the corporate tax /border when the crunch comes and we won’t be laughing then

Comment

Corporation Tax is not an EU competence and will only ever be if we decide to grant it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            Corporation Tax is not an EU competence and will only ever be if we decide to grant it to them.
                                                                                            Surely they might lean on us if we find ourselves in a bind for whatever reason in the near future. Did they not try to lean on us wrt to Corp tax after the financial crisis?

Comment

Miami vice era Colin Farrell was the pinnacle of Irish civilization.
                                                                                              Really is a movie that gets better every time you watch it, think it’s up there with Heat for me now. Absolute masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                Surely they might lean on us if we find ourselves in a bind for whatever reason in the near future. Did they not try to lean on us wrt to Corp tax after the financial crisis?
                                                                                                The reality seems to be that a realignment of some potentially major sort will have to be done with taxing of transnational corporations on a continental if not global scale in the coming years. I would think as one of the success stories the EU have to prove the whole endeavour is worthwhile we are fairly likely to have a bit of input into how that shakes out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                  What you order?

Will be getting a new one soon.
                                                                                                  1k budget.
                                                                                                  Went the full whack on the bike nearly https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/...product=100170

On top I'll get better tyres, mudguards, lock and lights so might come to 1200ish but the store just issue the incoice for the 1k for benefit of the scheme and I'll pay additional separetly.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Awful lot of smugness on social media/media about what a great job Leo and the boys are doing on brexit and what a mess the brits are making of things , and aren’t the EU great , they have our back etc
                                                                                                        Still think they will shaft us in some way on the corporate tax /border when the crunch comes and we won’t be laughing then
                                                                                                        If we get 'shafted' it will be a pragmatic decision in the face of a hard brexit with someone like Johnson in power to accept a border. The compromise will be something like a schedule for a Border poll and maybe agreement to allow Dublin to call a future one.

The status quo of a border that is not a border is a circle that simply cannot be squared outside the EU context . Either the UK have such a close trading relationship (Customs union and freedom of movement) that the border is irrelevant or there will be a border with customs and passport controls.

Comment

But you would be happy.

Comment

...

Comment

ohhh - a nice little after-hours Apple earnings profit warning to kickstart the new year. The cause being, of course, Trump. The man who couldn't even make money out of casinos.
                                                                                                              If I didn't think he's not actually doing much lasting damage, I'd be very irate about the swongs in my pension funds. But it's easier to take the long view and note that American democracy is a highly resilient creature.

Comment

ohhh - a nice little after-hours Apple earnings profit warning to kickstart the new year. The cause being, of course, Trump. The man who couldn't even make money out of casinos.
                                                                                                                How’s it trumps fault that apple are trying to gouge people out of over a grand for phones give people no compelling reason to upgrade to v their 2 or even 3 year old phones? They are paying the price for being run by a nickel and dining beancounter.
                                                                                                                It’s a shame the markets cause companies to be so short termist though, there’s been definite move towards iPhones lasting longer due to being supported for software updates for so long, maybe they’ll have to go back to intentionally nibbling them as people are getting by fine on 5 year old 5s phones

Comment

...

Comment

How’s it trumps fault that apple are trying to gouge people out of over a grand for phones give people no compelling reason to upgrade to v their 2 or even 3 year old phones? They are paying the price for being run by a nickel and dining beancounter.
                                                                                                                    It’s a shame the markets cause companies to be so short termist though, there’s been definite move towards iPhones lasting longer due to being supported for software updates for so long, maybe they’ll have to go back to intentionally nibbling them as people are getting by fine on 5 year old 5s phones
                                                                                                                    1. Trump starts Trade war
                                                                                                                    2. Impact on both incomes and sentiment, especially in China (major engine of Apple revenue)
                                                                                                                    3. People stop making optional purchases
                                                                                                                    4. Apple revenue declines

You're welcome.

Comment

...

Comment

I've no idea what my pension is invested in (possibly different types of cheese), but seems a bit medium-termist to rely on American growth to determine the comfort of your dotage years. Asian innovation, especially Chinese innovation, is already well past American innovation in terms of things like AI. Which is the future of everything.
                                                                                                                        My pension might be invested in cheese too. I kinda hope it is.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X