Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    [TWEE ]1077377540749172737[/TWEET]
    Happy Holidays
    Wow! just when you think he couldn't get more ridiculous.

Probably very revealing that someone whose emotional and intellectual development is arrested at that of a 12 year old takes pleasure in spoiling it for other kids.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Ballet of Buster Scraggs, as I think everyone has pointed out, is amazing.
      IMO, it is not bad but not amazing either.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
        IMO, it is not bad but not amazing either.
        Are you sure you're talking about the ballet version that Hitch saw?

Comment

That Trump video is gold. ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Fool's gold.

Tired of winning yet?

Comment

At The Races frozen for anyone else? Some day for it

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

He didn't get the job in 2018

Comment

Checked my tsla puts for the first time in ages on Christmas day, got the day off to a good start

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      At The Races frozen for anyone else? Some day for it
                      Only for about 5 minutes. Working perfectly since

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Wow! just when you think he couldn't get more ridiculous.
                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            It would have been proper Trumpian if he had gone down the road of 'he's a lot like me. Overweight, fake hair, bit of a narcissist. Hard to believe I'm real'

Ended up stuck in a house with a load of kids yesterday. I'd forgotten how much I hate their high pitched voices. It's worse than listing to a room full of first year oboe players jamming with some piccoloistists.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Down to February 2017 prices now.

The Trump chat on this is kinda disturbing. He seems to think the point of the Fed should be to stop stock prices falling rather than manage inflation.
                              I see he stopped owning the shutdown and it's now the Dem's fault.

I do like his new Chief of Staff. Seems to be a sound judge of character.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ah, I'm softening up to Trump. I didn't even talk to kids when I was one. I If I had to now, I'd struggle not to be worse

U.S. President Donald Trump took some time to hand out some treats in the Oval Office on Friday. Trump welcomed the press corps children remarking "I cannot ...
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  Ah, I'm softening up to Trump. I didn't even talk to kids when I was one. I If I had to now, I'd struggle not to be worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIHdy3JpQdM
                                  He's a dad.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Video circulating on social media shows the moment when a tsunami crashed into a concert at a resort in western Java, while Indonesian band Seventeen was per...

Comment

Ballet of Buster Scraggs, as I think everyone has pointed out, is amazing.
                                      It's fantastic isn't it?

That Tom Waits vignette was the most beautiful piece of film.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        It's fantastic isn't it?

That Tom Waits vignette was the most beautiful piece of film.
                                        I really enjoyed it but I did find myself wishing that they had made it into a TV series rather than a film. The Tim Blake Nelson segment was short and sweet, I'd have loved to hear more of him singing, maybe if it was a TV series they could have brought him back to sing a few more songs around the stories.

Comment

Hey all, long time no talk. Happy Christmas to you all. New role at work so very little time to get on here. Browse a bit though. I know Lazare was the only fucker who missed me, not even my Kerry m8s did

Anyway only posting cos I saw oleras' and Chd posts and wanted to let them know they are both in my thoughts. Life is cruel so often.

Comment

Finally catching up and getting to use laptop, have been in texas since the 23rd. Was on a direct flight from Frankfurt to Dallas. Flight was delayed after an older man died on plane just before take off. Was quite a surreal experience having the flight attendants in santa hats with lights flickering and then a body on a stretcher under a sheet being taken away to the hearse.

I do miss Dallas an awful amount though, the weather has been warm, tshirts every day and quality of life here makes me happy everytime im here.

Comment

Comment

Is there no change that could be made to IPB to allow direct posting of images without needing to upload somewhere? Tried googling but couldn't see anything.

Think one big issue is that so much of what we do now involves photos and it's just too darned difficult to upload them to here.
                                                I would have thought said difficulty would work to your advantage.

Predictions challenge for 2019 muthafucka!

Comment

Is there no change that could be made to IPB to allow direct posting of images without needing to upload somewhere? Tried googling but couldn't see anything.

Think one big issue is that so much of what we do now involves photos and it's just too darned difficult to upload them to here.
                                                  I'm sure there is, but it would involve a totally new user experience.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      I'm sure there is, but it would involve a totally new user experience.
                                                      Trending towards an IPB WhatsApp group?
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Looked up some of the alternatives to vbulletin discussion boards (XenForo and phpBB) but none of them seems to allow it either. Just occured when following Laz's jalfrezi dinner on twitter.
                                                        I can't get my head around how to post images on here from the phone.

Used to be able to on the laptop with imageshack but gave up trying with the phone.

Comment

Take photo-imgur-copy url-put an idot(.) before the imgur.com piece- put an l (or m or s) before the jppeg/png piece
                                                          Easy peasy

EDIT... Easier
                                                          Imgur.. Take photo... Share... Copy url... Paste in img tags.
                                                          Done
                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 27-12-18, 00:00.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Like so
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Take photo-imgur-copy url-put an idot(.) before the imgur.com piece- put an l (or m or s) before the jppeg/png piece
                                                              Easy peasy

EDIT... Easier
                                                              Done
                                                              [IMG]Cheers DP https://imgur.com/gallery/b7Yy22C[/IMG]

Comment

Didn't work.

Comment

Last edited by Lazare; 27-12-18, 01:42.

Comment

[IMG]Thumbs up picture with Xmas tree in background. SFW[/IMG]

Comment

Easy peasy

EDIT... Easier
                                                                      Done
                                                                      I think that is what we can't be arsed with. I used to use photobucket. Complete pain in the hoop uploading to it then copying the tag!

Comment

Don't be making it too easy with the instructions or before you know where you are Hitch will be posting dic pics

Comment

Got Sonos Beam as a pressie, delighted with it must say. Lovely rich sound from a very compact elegant looking design.
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Got the Game of Thrones Cluedo set for Christmas and can't fkn work out how to play it! the rules are not very clear about how you move about the board and you can't really see squares on the Red Keep side. Went to play it on Christmas night and had to give up, played One Night Ultimate Werewolf instead, was good craic! Turns out my son aint as daft as I thought

Comment

...

Comment

Surely this is the default modern version of Werewolf

[IMG]Imgur secret hitler.jpg /laz[/IMG]
                                                                                Hmmm not sure what that is meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                  Hmmm not sure what that is meant to be!
                                                                                  i could be wrong (never really know which level you're playing at with hitch) but...

[IMG]Imgur that's the joke.m.jpg /hitch[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    Christmas Poker Beers on the 28th. Pm Rigger for details.
                                                                                    Nealon's at 7.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Got "Secret Hitler" for Christmas off the missus.

Gas playing it with her very Albertan, conservative family. Started off a little unsure and ended with them pointing fingers and shouting fascist at each other. Great game. Lots here would love it given the similarities to Werewolf.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

In balls bridge for the day drinking. Looking for a nice pub with a darts board any recommendations?
                                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

At this point, Trump's main defence is probably 'I'm too stupid and sufficently divorced from reality to understand what was going on'.

Which is probably the best explanation.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                                                                In balls bridge for the day drinking. Looking for a nice pub with a darts board any recommendations?
                                                                                                No D4 pub wankers are ever going to have a dart board. You need to go to the Northside for this. The Horse and Hound and the Kilmardinny Inn are what youre looking for.

Comment

Any parents wanting to scare their kids off drugs should show them Shaun Ryder's turn on celebrity mastermind

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    Got "Secret Hitler" for Christmas off the missus.

Gas playing it with her very Albertan, conservative family. Started off a little unsure and ended with them pointing fingers and shouting fascist at each other. Great game. Lots here would love it given the similarities to Werewolf.
                                                                                                    Great game, play it all the time. Pretty accessible to as they let people print it from online if they want, for a hobo experience. I love hidden role games that let me lie to my hearts content, however nobody trusts me about anything any more. That particular one lets me call my german friend Hitler in a pub loudly, which is always great. There are a good few games in the hidden role genre that are great craic. Avalon is brought out a lot.

No games brought home this xmas so there has just been some vicious chess.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-12-18, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      Predictions challenge for 2019 muthafucka!
                                                                                                      Bump. The upcoming Brexit and Trumpian stories should provide material.

Comment

...

Comment

Thanks for all the nice messages m8s. Big thank you to the few close to crumlin that have offered up hitting them up if needs be.

Let's all crush 2019.

Comment

BBV legal advice, preferebly Kayroo. Arrived home at 3AMish to find keypad to apartment block out of order. No way of getting in aside from possibly knocking on first floor tennants windows in middle of night to potentially grant access.

Decided to pull door off lock to get in causing obvious damages. Cameras all over the place to see break in. Are you liable to a fine in this scenario where you're locked out on a winter night due to no fault of your own?
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              BBV legal advice, preferebly Kayroo. Arrived home at 3AMish to find keypad to apartment block out of order. No way of getting in aside from possibly knocking on first floor tennants windows in middle of night to potentially grant access.

Decided to pull door off lock to get in causing obvious damages. Cameras all over the place to see break in. Are you liable to a fine in this scenario where you're locked out on a winter night due to no fault of your own?
                                                                                                              Happens me all the time. You have to PUSH.

Comment

Unless there's been a persistent problem
                                                                                                                in the past with official complaints lodged
                                                                                                                by yourself I doubt you're getting
                                                                                                                anywhere claiming "denial of service".

There was no de facto emergency and
                                                                                                                alternative options were available to you.

Sorry, but write a cheque.
                                                                                                                Last edited by DeeBrown; 28-12-18, 10:33.

Comment

I'd call up the management and work on getting it fixed

Comment

What are you meant to do though in that spot? Waking neighbours at that time to open the front door is a bit mental. Sleeping outside on a winter night is surely a bit of a health risk. Very little options but to break in.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

You would have been in a better spot if you got a hotel and tried to claim that back from the management company imo.
                                                                                                                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Dee's post is written in iambic pentameter, almost

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Has anyone actually been in touch with you?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X