Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very good friend of mine is heading to Union Glacier in the Antarctica tomorrow to run the Ice Marathon next week. He's doing it on behalf of Pieta House and a local Tipperary mental health charity and has given up an enormous amount of time over the last year both training for this but also doing what he can to raise awareness into mental health - very close to him given he lost him mam at a young age to suicide. Currently just shy of a lofty €200,000 target - rest assured that any donations no matter how small will be genuinely greatly appreciated by him. https://ie.gofundme.com/runningforjosie

This recent podcast is worth your time, as is this article https://www.independent.ie/life/heal...-37559362.html.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
      whats the coaching pedagogy like in hockey these days? mainly scenario based, we want to get ball into this area, move defenders to here then have a shooting opportunity or structured from set piece go here, do this etc.
      Score a rake of goals.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We HAVE to go to IKEA tomorrow apparently. On a Saturday. In December. Seems I'm cooking Christmas dinner for half the country and we need a bigger dining room table.

FML

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            We HAVE to go to IKEA tomorrow apparently. On a Saturday. In December. Seems I'm cooking Christmas dinner for half the country and we need a bigger dining room table.

FML
            Meet me in Ballymun for a pint while the missus does the shopping

Comment

FML
              Pick it out online and then just find where it is and quick in and out with no distractions
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                Pick it out online and then just find where it is and quick in and out with no distractions
                Like that's going to happen. Big spliff in the car before you go in, chill the hell out and relinquish yourself to the madness.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Spent the day deep in the clutches of regex. Brilliantly useful, but man is it frustrating to get used to.
                  Allow me to introduce you to custom xsd.
                  Call me when you start clawing at your eyes
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Great win for Ulster in what was a crazy game

Comment

Don't really pay any attention to this stuff anymore, but he's some man.

Quite the hottie he's appointed as UN ambassador
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          Great win for Ulster in what was a crazy game
                          that's massive, Ulster are generally useless away from Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            Quite the hottie he's appointed as UN ambassador
                            I wonder if he's gone full Berlusconi. I give you the Minister for Equal Opportunity.

Comment

Another renowned Forza Italia politico:

Comment

Minister for the Environment:

Comment

Forza Italia MEP:

Comment

I'm sensing some kind of trend.

Comment

Don't really pay any attention to this stuff anymore, but he's some man.

Well, unless you consider this former fulsome hagiography:

Comment

Emptied out the hopefully last undiscovered press in the house a few days ago. Found a copy of

which brought back some bad memories. Also a papal flag from 1979, so it wasn't all bad

Comment

God be with the days when you used to go for a hiv test every six months 'cause you felt like it was necessary. And the stockpile of condoms supplied by the healthboard, that you'd never get through, even with the best will in the world.

Comment

God be with the days when you used to go for a hiv test every six months 'cause you felt like it was necessary. And the stockpile of condoms supplied by the healthboard, that you'd never get through, even with the best will in the world.
                                            Thinking back on it, I'm pretty sure I mostly went to the 'men who have sex with men' clinic on Baggot St, 'cause I was gay&lesbian rights officer in USI at the time, and wanted to have first hand information. I so miss being able to be a cock tease though, all the time.

Comment

FML
                                              Big sheet of MDF that sits on top of your current table, cut into thirds and batons screwed underneath to fix it and unfix it when not in use.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

How's the no-drinking plan going Oleras? Might not still be a thing.

You following Survivor?
                                                    Currently watching episode 11. Some really decent abc tribals, enjoying it so far.

it lasted till november 2, from sept 24, been drinking since, it obviously had a positive affect on my welbeing, was sleeping better and excercising more frequently.

Ill do it again, im torn though, love hate relationship with it.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Nice! The sleep and mood-uplift is great, but you only experience that in the daytime not when you want a drink. Flitting in and out myself.
                                                        That witching hour, from 7-9...i get passed that and its great, KNOW im having an early and productive day the next day, might even treat myself to knock one out !
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

CourierCollie has lost the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                              Maybe he's found it and we've all lost it.
                                                              Makes you think huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Maybe he's found it and we've all lost it.
                                                                Makes you think huh?
                                                                No, but then I'm not stoned so I won't judge you. Prob makes perfect sense to you right now.

Comment

No, but then I'm not stoned so I won't judge you. Prob makes perfect sense to you right now.
                                                                  Defending my moderate drunkenness to chadley isn't something I ever thought I'd have to do. Please don't go from 27 to 47 in one fell swoop.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Defending my moderate drunkenness to chadley isn't something I ever thought I'd have to do. Please don't go from 27 to 47 in one fell swoop.
                                                                    We all grow up m8 x

Comment

Whiskey drunk is absolutly my favorite kind of drunkeness. At least I haven't totally lost it and got into buying xmas pressisies for myself, and pretending they're for my kids.

That should be class.

Comment

60 and 70 hour weeks?! You're doing it wrong lads, life is for living.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                          Let's see how commuting from Kildare alters this worldview....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Let's see how commuting from Kildare alters this worldview....
                                                                              My commute is going to be shorter! Part of the decision.

Comment

Seem to have gone a bit overboard with the kids Christmas presents this year. A phenomenal number of toys etc in the process of being delivered presumably as the cost of my subconscious guilt for having barely seen them since September. Easily 70-hour workweeks and very little mental energy when I've been there. But all good from this Saturday onwards, as things start to wind down.

One beauty I got is this:

That should be class. Moved into a new area in October that has brilliant star view due to being a bit out of town.
                                                                                It’s good to see you got treatment for the boardgame buying addiction anyway m8

Comment

Is not like your actually getting anything useful done from around hour 55 anyway

Comment

Those crazy French people protesting at this time of the year. You do that shit in the summer when a water cannon is refreshing, and the gendarmerie are pissed off in their gear with the heat.
                                                                                    They look like some bunch of fucking amateurs though. Even back in the 80's you brought a motorcycle helmet with you when you were going to a potential riot.

Comment

My commute is going to be shorter! Part of the decision.
                                                                                      Where did you used to live? The fucking moon???

Any time I have to drive down the N7 in the morning to go to Naas or whatever I am fucking horrified by that traffic.
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                        Where did you used to live? The fucking moon???

Any time I have to drive down the N7 in the morning to go to Naas or whatever I am fucking horrified by that traffic.
                                                                                        I've probably just adapted at this stage but I think it often appears worse than it is.

I'm 60km door to door from work and I drive it everyday, it's probably a little over an hour each way most days and Eoghan avoids the roadworks so I'd say that isn't too bad.

It's definitely a little longer at the minute but I assume most people travel approx 30 mins to work so I find it manageable

Comment

You’re 100% right. I generally work circa 45 hours a week and one day a week from home. My commute is ~ 10 hours a week in the winter and maybe 8 hours in the summer. That’s all very manageable but I’ve just been doing two major strategy reviews for two schemes with over 3bn and a few other chunky projects and I find doing extras fucks my fairly well choreographed work life up. Xmas parties and award nights etc makes a bollix of my structure and changing up the crèche pickup and drop off plans etc. There’s a fragility to my setup at the moment that I need to improve to be honest. It’s something to improve on in 2019.

At least it’s not generally an issue and it’ll be fine from next week on for quite some time.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

lovely day in bath!!!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              been doing two major strategy reviews for two schemes with over 3bn and a few other chunky projects 2019.

At least it’s not generally an issue and it’ll be fine from next week on for quite some time.
                                                                                              That wasn't you on the front of the business pages yesterday was it

The last couple of months have been probably the most intense I've had in 15 years in this job. IMO it's great to do it like that for a while every now and then, as long as the stress doesn't get to be too much.
                                                                                              On a long weekend now and from Tuesday it will be about winding down for three weeks off. Cooking, eating, rugby and racing, family and friends coming home it's my favorite holidays in the year.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                lovely day in bath!!!
                                                                                                Yeah Leinster are trying to play too much rugby. Missing Fardy and Conan on a day like today. Conan mustn’t be fully right to be on the bench and Fardy is out because of the need to have JGP on the bench. Ho-hum. Hopefully get the win and get out of here. I’m glad I decided not to book the trip to Bath for this anyway.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Are Bath allowed change their mind about the penalty like that? Obv they are, it's unlikely to but I hope it doesn't end up costing us at the end of January.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-12-18, 17:56.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Are Bath allowed change their mind about the penalty like that? Obv they are, it's unlikely to but I hope it doesn't end up costing us at the end of January.
                                                                                                      If it ends up costing Leinster anything it’s their own fault. Need to stick 4 tries on Bath next week to try and get a top two qualifier position.

Comment

Deeply confused on who to bet on between Ortega and Holloway tonight. Any thoughts? Without the health scare for Holloway earlier in the year would imagine he'd be a fair bit shorter

Comment

Ortega for me.
                                                                                                          CageWarriors 100 on at the moment on BT and Fightpass. Dalby v Mulpeter should be a cracker.

Comment

They look like some bunch of fucking amateurs though. Even back in the 80's you brought a motorcycle helmet with you when you were going to a potential riot.
                                                                                                            Anyone remember back in the day, when you were crossing the border and the few people who were carrying handguns would give them to the minority women to hide them in their knickers. Like there was a general idea that the army dudes at the checkpoint were less likely to search them properly.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-12-18, 01:46.

Comment

Anyone remember back in the day, when you were crossing the border and the few people who were carrying handguns would give them to the minority women to hide them in their knickers. Like there was a general idea that the army dudes at the checkpoint were less likely to search them properly.
                                                                                                                    Can’t say I can relate collie. Of all the bbv trip reports this is definitely the one I’m looking forward to the most.

Comment

Him and his baggage aside: how does a 70-something-year-old get through life without knowing how to toss a coin?!

First time he ever touched metal money, expecting him to be able to do a trick with it first time was ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        Can’t say I can relate collie. Of all the bbv trip reports this is definitely the one I’m looking forward to the most.
                                                                                                                        Hey Richie. Check your PM's

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Hey Richie. Check your PM's
                                                                                                                          Get in the queue. I'm still awaiting CC's tales of trips behind the Iron Curtain with the Fraternal Order of Communist Komrades. (FOCKers)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X