Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're being wrapped around her finger.

My daughter does it with me with Ice Cream but she's 4 and just serving her apprenticeship.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Eldest daughter somehow managed to persuade me to sign her up for a 4-day music festival in England next summer when she'll just have turned 13. It's with the Guides so imagine it's relatively wholesome, unlike the sick shit you degenerates would be up to.

She had the brains to ask me first, rather than the social worker mother.
      4 days of religious chanting with religious types never hurt anyone. She'll be grand.

Comment

I mentioned The Last Podcast on the Left in here a couple of weeks ago.

This 2 part pod is phenomenally good. The Donner party. Tale of a doomed wagon trail in 1846, headed for California. Such a rich story, apparently well known in the States, I had never heard of it. Thing about this telling of it though is, they manage to tell the tale really well but in an outrageously funny way. That Polish dude is sooooo funny. Listen to it, you won't be disappointed. Bookmark it if you need to.

Episode 1

Episone 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          The Donner party. Tale of a doomed wagon trail in 1846, headed for California.
          I only ever heard of it because of The Shining
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            4 days of religious chanting with religious types never hurt anyone. She'll be grand.
            Doesn't seem to be much of that craic on the agenda thankfully. No boys either.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I mentioned The Last Podcast on the Left in here a couple of weeks ago.

This 2 part pod is phenomenally good. The Donner party. Tale of a doomed wagon trail in 1846, headed for California. Such a rich story, apparently well known in the States, I had never heard of it. Thing about this telling of it though is, they manage to tell the tale really well but in an outrageously funny way. That Polish dude is sooooo funny. Listen to it, you won't be disappointed. Bookmark it if you need to.

Episode 1

Episone 2
              I know the story quite well, its an often cited example of modern cannibalism. I don't see how it could be portrayed as funny.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                It was mentioned in The Shining?

Prob more accurate then for me to say I don't remember ever hearing of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  I know the story quite well, its an often cited example of modern cannibalism. I don't see how it could be portrayed as funny.
                  Have a listen HJ.

Comment

I'm guessing a Frank-less House of Cards is going to be unworthy of my viewing attentions?

Comment

It was mentioned in The Shining?

Prob more accurate then for me to say I don't remember ever hearing of it.
                      Cannibalism, The Shining, The Donner Party

Comment

oooohhhhhgggghhhh.

Complete collection of Buzz Killington moments from Family Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          @Laz / @MikeB

Why were the Gardai not allowing people into Newcastle village this evening?
                          Santa was turning on the lights . quite the turnout. Also it was 'no biffo' Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                            Santa was turning on the lights . quite the turnout. Also it was 'no biffo' Sunday
                            Didn't make it down this year.

We had a big drumroll turning on of the lights here in this gaff. Lights that I was too lazy to take off the tree from last year until it was past the point of no return. Lights enduring a year of weathered hardship when they should have been cozy in the attic with the rest of the luminati.

Blinds up, lights dimmed, kids excited...

SPOILER
                            Grizwald

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Well I laughed. That's going to be my number one joke this Christmas and fck yis all
                                  Does it work in French?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well I laughed. That's going to be my number one joke this Christmas and fck yis all
                                        Definitely a joke from a set of bad xmas quackers.

Comment

Ha! There's a Shining reference in ep 2.

Comment

Such a great scene, the music is perfect and Johnny has clearly already almost lost it - its ok, he saw it on the television!

Comment

Making gentle feelers into the Dublin market about jobs, due to the wife's job probably finishing next December (well her job will either finish or they'll get big funding and we'll be rich as it's going to be at the go-big-or-go-home stage of funding). She'll need to be in an English speaking country to get the next job. Although Amsterdam is a bit of a side-possibility.

Can only really accept full prof, and theres very few of those around. We'll see. It might end up being better to just let her be a lady of leisure and suck up the income loss.
                                              I always thought lady of lesuire meant prostitute not a woman with a lot of leisure time.

Comment

Eldest daughter somehow managed to persuade me to sign her up for a 4-day music festival in England next summer when she'll just have turned 13. It's with the Guides so imagine it's relatively wholesome, unlike the sick shit you degenerates would be up to.

She had the brains to ask me first, rather than the social worker mother.
                                                Give it a few years and it will be this one she is asking to go to. Our eldest turns 18 in January and she is off to Hungary to a festival that lasts 7 days. I had never heard of it until she mentioned it.

Let's party together on The Island of Freedom! Experience the best week of summer from August 7 - 12! Get your passes for the best price now!

Doesn't seem to be much of that craic on the agenda thankfully. No boys either.
                                                Just the sneaked in vodka etc to worry about

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Give it a few years and it will be this one she is asking to go to. Our eldest turns 18 in January and she is off to Hungary to a festival that lasts 7 days. I had never heard of it until she mentioned it.

Let's party together on The Island of Freedom! Experience the best week of summer from August 7 - 12! Get your passes for the best price now!

I went last year, all the couples I was supposed to go with broke up so was a bit of a disaster but still a really nice place. VIP camping totally worth it, big swimming pool and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      I always thought lady of lesuire meant prostitute not a woman with a lot of leisure time.
                                                      Really? I have always heard it used for a Lady who doesn't work. Lady of the night would be a prostitute to me.

Comment

https://szigetfestival.com/en/
                                                        Jaysis, even I've heard of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                          I went last year, all the couples I was supposed to go with broke up so was a bit of a disaster but still a really nice place. VIP camping totally worth it, big swimming pool and everything.
                                                          The tickets aren't even that expensive. Student price was about €200 for the week. No idea what the camping charge is though. Shame it was a disaster. Best go with the singles, so they can't fuck it up for you

Comment

Moving to a brand new office this am.

Pros:
                                                            Standing desks everywhere
                                                            Great specs
                                                            Beside V4V for HHE lunching purposes

Cons:
                                                            Worse location. 15 more mins via DART, 5 on the bike.
                                                            Jamie Oliver cantenn. Hate that fucker.

Comment

The tickets aren't even that expensive. Student price was about €200 for the week. No idea what the camping charge is though. Shame it was a disaster. Best go with the singles, so they can't fuck it up for you
                                                              Theres everything from free camping with access to public toilets for the whole festival to a couple of segregated campsites to the VIP one. Big Tesco like centre nearby for drinking vodka and figuring out ways of sneaking alcohol in in the carpark. Neil and Jen seemed solid when we booked, ah well.

Comment

Theres everything from free camping with access to public toilets for the whole festival to a couple of segregated campsites to the VIP one. Big Tesco like centre nearby for drinking vodka and figuring out ways of sneaking alcohol in in the carpark. Neil and Jen seemed solid when we booked, ah well.
                                                                What sort of price was the VIP?

Yeah, suppose we were all shocked at them breaking up!

Comment

189 per person for the week, double the normal campsites but proper showers, well maintained toilets, sockets for charging phone and a couple of bars. Not really the way an 18 year old is supposed to do a festival though.

Comment

Makers of South Park did it with something similiar

Comment

Just the sneaked in vodka etc to worry about
                                                                      Most Irish people leave 2/3 dayers looking like prunes of their former selves, would love to see them try 7 days.

Comment

the guys on the podcast are pretty self deprecating in their humor. And cannibalism is obviously funny.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                          Seemingly it's both.

Lady of Leisure

Noun
                                                                          (plural ladies of leisure)
                                                                          1. A lady who is of independent means and so does not need employment; one who is free from duties and responsibilities.
                                                                          2. (ironic) An unemployed female or one who has retired from work.
                                                                          3. (euphemistic) A prostitute.

Comment

Speaking of podcasts.
                                                                            I found this one very interesting.

It originated due to an Irish BJJ guy making a map of all the different folk wrestling styles around the world. And decided to make an podcast about the different indivdual styles. Don't need to be a jiu jitsu nerd to enjoyed it. But it's done from a very general point of view so anyone into history, sporting history etc, should enjoy it.

Episide 1 focuses on the indigenous Irish style of folk wrestling know as collar and elbow. Kinda forgotten about at this point. It's possible that even AJ has never heard of it.
                                                                            Play The Hero with a Thousand Holds on SoundCloud and discover followers on SoundCloud | Stream tracks, albums, playlists on desktop and mobile.

Edit: Here's the map
                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 03-12-18, 13:57.

Comment

Do I remember someone talking about taking the train to japan for next years world cup? Can I get a PM with details.

Comment

Best go with the singles, so they can 't fuck it up for you
                                                                                FYP IMO
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Really? I have always heard it used for a Lady who doesn't work. Lady of the night would be a prostitute to me.
                                                                                  I could indeed be wrong

Comment

Arrived home to find my building up for sale. LL never said anything, guess we're going in situ

Comment

189 per person for the week, double the normal campsites but proper showers, well maintained toilets, sockets for charging phone and a couple of bars. Not really the way an 18 year old is supposed to do a festival though.
                                                                                      Ah she likes her home comforts AND her phone, so that sounds more up her street than basic camping. Plus the rest of the group are Maltese

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      Most Irish people leave 2/3 dayers looking like prunes of their former selves, would love to see them try 7 days.
                                                                                      She won't want to show herself up in from of her mates, PLUS she is Scottish, and we are much hardier than you pussy's in Ireland

Comment

Tried some reframing of a question in my mind. If I took a job opportunity in Zurich I'd get over 100k more net than I do now, and I still don't want to go and live there. How bad do I view Swiss people when I think it would be that boring to live there?

Comment

Ah she likes her home comforts AND her phone, so that sounds more up her street than basic camping.

She is Scottish, and we are much hardier than you pussy's in Ireland
                                                                                          Which one is it tho??

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            Tried some reframing of a question in my mind. If I took a job opportunity in Zurich I'd get over 100k more net than I do now, and I still don't want to go and live there. How bad do I view Swiss people when I think it would be that boring to live there?
                                                                                            Half the people in Switzerland aren't Swiss. Hang out with them.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Which one is it tho??
                                                                                              With those home comforts she will last the 7 days

Comment

Given that you are already in the business of selling things that are designed to kill people more efficiently how dubious and morally bankrupt must the new assignment be in order to pay a 100K per code monkey premium to do what they do where it is beyond the reach of international law?
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

On Thursday I went to see the Cardiologist privately as I have been experiencing an increased Heart rate since I got out of the hospital. I usually have a resting HR about 58-62 and it goes down to 48-52 when sleeping. Since the hospital stay it has been at least 20bpm higher at all times.

So, I go in, he says. "Oh you are the lady with the thing in her heart" Not a great start. He went on to draw a diagram to explain that an artery is missing, there is just a stump where it should be. A pretty major one. He said it was either blocked, had a tiny bit going through it so small it didn't show on CT or I was born with a defective heart. Manufacturing error basically.

The words on the report he sent were

Proximal total occlusion of a PDA artery at its origin.

Now, that isn't the scary thing. The scary thing is the fact I had a VSD which has closed over and I have developed an Aneurysm.

His words were "A prominent aneurysm of the membranous interventricular septum."

I am getting a 48h Halter monitor done from Thursday evening, then I have to get an echocardiogram done and the last thing is the MRI to asses the aneurysm.

For the "stump" they have said. If I did have an MI last Sept, then the damage could be done to that part of the heart beyond the stump and it will be dead basically. There is nothing to fix, just give medication.

If there is a small trickle of blood getting through, then they can try and fix it.

If I was born that way, well I have got lucky to get this far, so should be grand lol.

The aneurysm is the main worry in case something happens to it. The waiting time for a public Heart MRI is 5 years and he said I really couldn't wait that long and would most likely be dead. He is going to expedite the tests to see if we can get seen quicker.
                                                                                                  Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 03-12-18, 15:42.

Comment

Need a temporary phone, if you had a choice of a Samsung S7 second hand or a new Huawei p20 lite, which would you choose?

Or alternatively a phone that can be picked up this evening for 250 price range?

Comment

Just because it isnt there now, or maybe was never there, does not necessarily mean it never had a blood supply, look up collaterals, your bodies way of naturally bypassing blockages.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        Just because it isnt there now, or maybe was never there, does not necessarily mean it never had a blood supply, look up collaterals, your bodies way of naturally bypassing blockages.
                                                                                                        Also forgot to mention, he doesn't think it is blocked. He said my arteries are in Pristine condition with no calcium buildup anywhere. There is a high chance I just was made wrong at Factory level

Looking up collaterals now, ta

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Given that you are already in the business of selling things that are designed to kill people more efficiently how dubious and morally bankrupt must the new assignment be in order to pay a 100K per code monkey premium to do what they do where it is beyond the reach of international law?
                                                                                                          Any jobs going Tar? SP has me sold on it

Comment

I bought a Kindle Fire and obviously would like to get a few Google play apps, I think it was mentioned here recently.
                                                                                                            Does anyone know the process or app to use to access the play store?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                              Need a temporary phone, if you had a choice of a Samsung S7 second hand or a new Huawei p20 lite, which would you choose?

Or alternatively a phone that can be picked up this evening for 250 price range?
                                                                                                              Moto g. Argos. 200 ish. Cheaper online if you can wait obviously. Does everything I need it to without a single complaint
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                I bought a Kindle Fire and obviously would like to get a few Google play apps, I think it was mentioned here recently.
                                                                                                                Does anyone know the process or app to use to access the play store?
                                                                                                                For the firestick I download a app called downloader from Amazon store.

From this app you can download android app store or just Google 3rd party apks and download from the browser in downloader.

Not sure if it works same for Kindle but very easy on firestick
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                  Any jobs going Tar? SP has me sold on it
                                                                                                                  If you enjoy beating dissidents or children with ruggedised hardware, boy do I have the job for you!

Comment

Luka Modric breaks the Messi/Ronaldo love affair with the Ballon d'Or award. He had some year tbf and always comes across as a fairly genuine chap in interviews etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      Luka Modric breaks the Messi/Ronaldo love affair with the Ballon d'Or award. He had some year tbf and always comes across as a fairly genuine chap in interviews etc.
                                                                                                                      And DJ Martin Solveig will steal the headlines for all the wrong reasons...

Comment

Yeah saw that. Absolute madness. He's gonna get slated for that. It just made everything weird and awkward

Comment

...What do you work as can I ask?...That's an insane amount of extra money to get...Very curious to know what you do, your background etc...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X