Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    The Apprentice (QVC task).

SPOILER
    Nice to see a different task for a change. and for once it actually suited the format as it didn't involve creating an airline in 36 hours or some nonsense like that. Just a range of products and sell them on a shopping channel that night. More of this would be great next year.

But really posting just to say I don't think I've ever been more wrong about a boardroom, in my head I had it (for the boot) something like 10/11 Camilla, 10/11 Khadija, 33/1 Jackie.
    SPOILER
    How can you forget to take the product with you for the video shoot? Seriously?? They were so bad at selling too!

I wasn't as confident as you on Jackie staying. Zero chance Sugar could work with her.

Sian and Daniel have this locked up for the final 2 unless something goes drastically wrong.

Gotta say though; that bar near Sarah Ann's eye tilts me so bad. It's one of the most ridiculous piercings i've ever seen! And for that reason, i want her fired

Comment

East Africa sometimes feels like a Chinese province, Chinese construction companies everywhere, my hotel here in Kigali has more chopsticks than forks for breakfast, and more Chinese signs than English.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-11-18, 07:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Google Home is AMAZING!!!

kudos to bbv.

I guess if we get the weird looking connected plugs then they can be connected up to coffee machine etc and google can be told to make breakfast from the comfort of bed? Or could google even be told to start making coffee maybe 15 mins before whatever the morning alarm is?

Just trying to work out how sophisticated it is.

Huge winner with the kids too, although the younger kid can't quite get Ms Google to understand his Russian-Irish-French accent version of saying 'okay google'.
        People are always amazed at Alexa, it's 50 quid, less now, I wonder how many millions Bill Gates spent on his lesser system for his house all those years ago.

Tempted to get a home too, would be good to actually be able to Google things.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          East Africa sometimes feels like a Chinese province, Chinese construction companies everywhere, my hotel here in Kigali has more chopsticks than forks for breakfast, and more Chinese signs than English.
          That's because East Africa IS a Chinese colony. They've literally bought a bunch of countries from Kenya down.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah, Google home is amazing.

I'm using it in the kitchen, very handy for cooking, setting timers, quick questions about recipes etc.

Great sound out of it too for music for such a small speaker.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              That's the most 'typical Irish live poker players' photo I've ever seen, even with the professional staging job done

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'm using it in the kitchen, very handy for cooking, setting timers, quick questions about recipes etc.

Tried to order the Google Home Hub twice for the kitchen on their B Friday offer. Twice it got cancelled. Happened to most people.

Very annoying

Comment

Also i asked about the Black Friday Bt Sport offer in here. (Contact me on BF and pay upfront for the year. Have paid between €100 and €150)

No contact this year and €269 just whipped from my account. Staggering stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    Tried to order the Google Home Hub twice for the kitchen on their B Friday offer. Twice it got cancelled. Happened to most people.

Very annoying
                    I got mine by ordering it from the Google account on ebay. Nice bit of kit, cooked a Pea & Pancetta Risotto last night with the recipe on screen, scrolling through the steps. Also good for showing you your agenda each morning, route to work, etc...

Sound also fine for a non-audiophile like myself.

Comment

I'm all about asking for recommendations at present; my good wife wants to investigate getting our upstairs bathroom renovated. I don't know quite where to start with this other than to ask around for recommendations; don't suppose anyone could point me in the direction of a good crowd to approach for this?

Comment

The Dubai 7s popped up on my fb feed. watched Ireland play and then New Zealand womens vs russia up after it. There's about 15 people in the stands in total. NZ game ends and then cuts to Britney Spears wearing black sequence singing Crazy. Not on a stage or anything, just standing in the grass with 4 dancers. Where has it all gone wrong

Comment

Also i asked about the Black Friday Bt Sport offer in here. (Contact me on BF and pay upfront for the year. Have paid between €100 and €150)

No contact this year and €269 just whipped from my account. Staggering stuff.
                          Morons. At least I got the call and told them it was far too dear.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            I got mine by ordering it from the Google account on ebay. Nice bit of kit, cooked a Pea & Pancetta Risotto last night with the recipe on screen, scrolling through the steps. Also good for showing you your agenda each morning, route to work, etc...

Sound also fine for a non-audiophile like myself.
                            Do you take a different route to work every day? What use is that feature otherwise? I think Google does that on your phone too anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Do you take a different route to work every day? What use is that feature otherwise? I think Google does that on your phone too anyway.
                              Well, it does tell me if roadworks mean a different route is better, but yep, it shows the same route almost every day!

Still think it is cool and showing directions to your different events that day, etc...

Comment

I'm all about asking for recommendations at present; my good wife wants to investigate getting our upstairs bathroom renovated. I don't know quite where to start with this other than to ask around for recommendations; don't suppose anyone could point me in the direction of a good crowd to approach for this?
                                Hi Paul

I have a good team I can give you their details and send you some videos if their work
                                I have supplied tiles and ware for about 20 bathrooms this year to them thru our shop
                                Pm me if you are interested

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

My wifi plug wont work.
                                  Fecking thing just wont connect to my phone.
                                  I had this dream of controlling the xmas lights and it's so fucking frustrating that it wont work
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                    The Dubai 7s popped up on my fb feed. watched Ireland play and then New Zealand womens vs russia up after it. There's about 15 people in the stands in total. NZ game ends and then cuts to Britney Spears wearing black sequence singing Crazy. Not on a stage or anything, just standing in the grass with 4 dancers. Where has it all gone wrong
                                    Spoiler that shit for Mike Bullocks, poor lad will have a stroke.

Comment

Look into IFTTT for next level home stuff, it acts like a go between for different services. Could indeed setup a routine to start the coffee brewing at wakey time. It lights up rooms in house I use in evenings, but only after dark and if I am heading home. Same with heating, it triggers a different schedule of room temps based on outside conditions, heats unused rooms once every few days for an hour or so.
                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Buy the materials yourself and get a plumber and tiler in to do the job.

We renovated the bathroom last month. Got 3 quotes from 3 companies all between 8-10k. By buying everything ourselves and getting the lads in we got the whole lot done for €4.300. We actually found a plumber on a Facebook group where he was advertising and he brought the tiler in on the job with him and we were delighted with all the work. The tiling in particular was very well finished.

Don't know where you're based but maybe check local Facebook groups, check the notice boards in Tesco or whatever.

I do realise this doesn't really help you but I guess my point is you can get good work done by good tradesmen without being gouged by paying a company premium.

Comment

Bathroom fittings are basically moulded plastic + tiles so should cost fuck all really.

Buying a Super Pooper z-series jacks from Dice though...

Comment

Interesting developments in Trumpland this week with Manafort going one way and Cohen the other.

Mueller assembling his chess pieces now the midterms are done.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                My wifi plug wont work.
                                                I had this dream of controlling the xmas lights and it's so fucking frustrating that it wont work
                                                You should ring Joe. Seriously.

There was an oul wan on yesterday complaining that there was no snow in Lapland.

'They're using frozen snow from last year Joe. I paid for snow'

I nearly crashed the van when she said frozen snow from last year.

Wants the company that has already outlayed to refund her.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Interesting developments in Trumpland this week with Manafort going one way and Cohen the other.

Mueller assembling his chess pieces now the midterms are done.
                                                  You'd love to think its all going to unravel from here on but we are so far down the rabbit hole there is no way to even guess what way it plays out.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      The comment I read was that this was being held up the sleeve until Trump filed his formal answers under oath. Which he did about last week.

I'd imagine Manafort has either been got to by Trump, or is in so seriously that he can't tell the truth.
                                                      Manafort is probably thick enough to believe Trump will give him a pardon.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        You'd love to think its all going to unravel from here on but we are so far down the rabbit hole there is no way to even guess what way it plays out.
                                                        Trump indicted, resigns in disgrace, Senate appoint Mueller President by show of hands. Fox News servers implode.

Peace and harmony reign. Small children ride unicorns to school.

Putin gets syphillis.

Comment

My wifi plug wont work.
                                                          Update.
                                                          Plug works fine, just not in my house.
                                                          Poxy virgin and their shitty networking on hubs
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Update.

Virgin too dear. 59 a month now for standard BB. What's the wisest move?

Comment

Get your 6 month half price by threatening to cancel... Rinse and repeat

Comment

Update.
                                                                And fixed...
                                                                Drumroll please Rusty

Comment

Comment

Bonkers had a new company much cheaper, can't remember the name, I tried to move from Vodafone and they gave me 6 months free

Comment

Sky was €33 per month up to yesterday... New offers released today. Don't know yet what they are yet until I get email.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                        Sky was €33 per month up to yesterday... New offers released today. Don't know yet what they are yet until I get email.
                                                                        Isn't their broadband shite though?
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Mueller is like some dark unseen presence looming over the whole drama that is the Trump presidency. Never utters a sound, never visible yet slowly crushing the dramatis personae within his grasp while simultaneously driving them to ever greater depths of paranoia, fear, rage and suspicion.

The future films are going to be epic.

Comment

Spoiler that shit for Mike Bullocks, poor lad will have a stroke.
                                                                            Oh baby baby now there's a rabbit hole I'd like to delve into.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              I've had Virgin since i moved into the house 3.5 years ago. 240mb. Not wired to any device. Everything wireless. Don't do much streaming and when i do (1080p through terrarium etc) it's shite. Have changed router from the older one to the hub.

Speedtest on phone is never > 40mb.

I'm out of contract with Sky on the TV. I'd love to go down the DPTV route but wife on maternity leave and i couldn't handle the phone calls i'd receive from her when i'm in work when she couldn't change a channel or a stream went down.

I also don't mind paying for Sky. Only TV i watch is sport and love having HD NFL, Golf, Prem and the rest guaranteed to be there.

Satnav. Sky, HD, Multi-Room, Sports pack and wifi. What's the best deal i can get?

Comment

Need help with gaming monitor

The son who plays Fortnite is looking at gaming monitors. Now, the one he initially saw was the one here

He then said it wont be any good as it doesn't have g-sync, but on reading reviews it says there wasn't much difference between this monitor and the Asus Rog g-sync.

I was just about to buy the one above and now not too sure. If any of you lovely people could look and tell me what you think/know

Cheers!

Comment

I've had Virgin since i moved into the house 3.5 years ago. 240mb. Not wired to any device. Everything wireless. Don't do much streaming and when i do (1080p through terrarium etc) it's shite. Have changed router from the older one to the hub.

Speedtest on phone is never > 40mb.

I'm out of contract with Sky on the TV. I'd love to go down the DPTV route but wife on maternity leave and i couldn't handle the phone calls i'd receive from her when i'm in work when she couldn't change a channel or a stream went down.

I also don't mind paying for Sky. Only TV i watch is sport and love having HD NFL, Golf, Prem and the rest guaranteed to be there.

Satnav. Sky, HD, Multi-Room, Sports pack and wifi. What's the best deal i can get?
                                                                                  Sky entertainment 32 sports half price 6 months @20e ultimate on demand which is HD with netflix @16 e multi room 17.broadband 33 e total 118

If you just want HD ie better pic and leave out UOD minus 8 euro from above
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Depends on line obv. We are up to 100 mg, I have 70 mg. Perfect. Can never understand why people get so obsessed with I have 200 mg etc. Lad came in other day bragging about his 1k mg with siro. I asked him was he running a factory he was that excited. Ffs anything in or around 50 mg imo serves its purpose
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I can bung you a trial if you want to test the water?
                                                                                      With the epg it's pretty foolproof.
                                                                                      Tbh, I'm coming around to the idea that the best setup is saorview plus some kind of IPTV. IPTV hosters aren't always necessarily concerned about FTA channels so if the wife is an emerdale fan for example it might be frustrating if ITV goes as no-one gives a shit. Sports goes and all support flies into action

Comment

HHE question.
                                                                                        How much should I be paying for Meerlust Rubicon?
                                                                                        Got a price from Paul in Corkscrew but see O'Briens are cheaper again.
                                                                                        Is it worth my while saying it to him?

Comment

Mueller is like some dark unseen presence looming over the whole drama that is the Trump presidency. Never utters a sound, never visible yet slowly crushing the dramatis personae within his grasp while simultaneously driving them to ever greater depths of paranoia, fear, rage and suspicion.

The future films are going to be epic.
                                                                                          this is pretty amazing viewing.
                                                                                          a lot of not-very nimble footwork
                                                                                          President Trump speaks with reporters as he and the first lady depart the White House for Buenos Aires, Argentina ahead of the G20 Summit.#CNN #News

cliffes
                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

People with kids filling their houses with the like of amazon Echoes need to have their children taken off them tbh. Such a blatantly awful idea in so many ways, that there is no need for me to make any actual arguments about it here

Even the alleged benefits for adults are a joke. Have yet to hear a single one that a functional adult should even be mildly excited about. Turning off lights(get up off your hole), telling you how to get to work(wtf?) and telling you what the weather is like outside , removing as much friction as possible between every half baked shitty desire you have and fulfilling it on Amazon?

It’s amazing given how many on here fancy themselves as HHE that they are trumpeting peasant tier behavior like letting kids have free reign with this shite, ye know the true elites don’t let their kids near this crap

Haven’t used amazon in years every time I go on it it feels like I’ve been redirected to some scam knockoff site.

Comment

Someone cook the fatted calf.

Comment

Good to see you back, we put the bat signal out for you a couple of weeks ago.

Now, where's careca?

Comment

HHE question.
                                                                                                  How much should I be paying for Meerlust Rubicon?
                                                                                                  Got a price from Paul in Corkscrew but see O'Briens are cheaper again.
                                                                                                  Is it worth my while saying it to him?
                                                                                                  €40-ish.

Think it's about €80 in La Cave

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    People with kids filling their houses with the like of amazon Echoes need to have their children taken off them tbh. Such a blatantly awful idea in so many ways, that there is no need for me to make any actual arguments about it here
                                                                                                    glad that's settled

Comment

€40-ish.

Think it's about €80 in La Cave
                                                                                                      Bursting with dark bramble fruit, the renowned Meerlust Rubicon is widely recognised as a superb representation of top drawer South African wine.

Comment

People with kids filling their houses with the like of amazon Echoes need to have their children taken off them
                                                                                                        You could say that about a lot of things

Southwest Airlines has apologized to a Texas mother after making fun of her daughter’s name. On November 2, Traci Redford and her daughter Abcde, (pronounced...
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'll be buying a case this evening. That's good value, ty.

Comment

I'll be buying a case this evening. That's good value, ty.
                                                                                                            Works out @ €28 a bottle if you buy 6 before Sunday and get the 20% discount.

Comment

That's pretty much what you would pay in South Africa. Madness.

Comment

Works out @ €28 a bottle if you buy 6 before Sunday and get the 20% discount.
                                                                                                                where's the 20%?
                                                                                                                about to pull trigger on delivery

Comment

If anyone is in the market for some tickets to see the soon to be back to back European Champions against Bath next Saturday in Bath get in touch. Have 4 to shift, at face value ovs.

Also still have some room in an Airbnb if there is any need.

The boom is back, last minute trip for some Heineken Cup rugby in December is perfectly acceptable.
                                                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

where's the 20%?
                                                                                                                    about to pull trigger on delivery
                                                                                                                    Imagine you need to have a loyalty card first to avail.

Comment

Even the alleged benefits for adults are a joke. Have yet to hear a single one that a functional adult should even be mildly excited about. Turning off lights(get up off your hole), telling you how to get to work(wtf?) and telling you what the weather is like outside , removing as much friction as possible between every half baked shitty desire you have and fulfilling it on Amazon?

It’s amazing given how many on here fancy themselves as HHE that they are trumpeting peasant tier behavior like letting kids have free reign with this shite, ye know the true elites don’t let their kids near this crap

Haven’t used amazon in years every time I go on it it feels like I’ve been redirected to some scam knockoff site.
                                                                                                                      Could as easily counter that the people that are so terrified of companies being able to direct personalised ads at them based on the information the devices collect are equally contempt-worthy; 'oh noes, Amazon now know that I ask about Man Utd all the time, they are going to send/show me ads for Man Utd stuff, I can't say no and now I'll be bankrupt' etc etc...

Grow a spine and learn to ignore the ways that big companies use your data to sell to you!

People who don't want anyone to have any data about their lives (no supermarket loyalty cards, don't buy online unless they can be anonymous, lie on their census, and so on) and are tinfoil-hat-paranoid about how the data is being used (hint: it will be used to sell to you, attempt to influence you and to 'nudge' your behaviour in various ways. Not a tragedy. Not a big deal. Just learn to deal with it) are much stranger than people who are more blase about letting their preferences and interests out there in the world IMHO.

To me it comes across as 'yes, I am a weak minded individual, who can be easily manipulated; please save me from myself'.

Obviously some of the above is a ridiculous counter argument

Comment

10 euro coupon in daily star today and yesterday. Spend 50 get tenner off. Buy 6 bottles wine any wine get 25% off. Plus your tenner. Got 12 bottles yesterday. Mirla Bay normally 18 e reduced to 9e. 12 bottles 71 quid. Delighted I was lol
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          10 euro coupon in daily star today and yesterday. Spend 50 get tenner off. Buy 6 bottles wine any wine get 25% off. Plus your tenner. Got 12 bottles yesterday. Mirla Bay normally 18 e reduced to 9e. 12 bottles 71 quid. Delighted I was lol
                                                                                                                          Is that for use in Tesco?
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X