Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Off to Belfast on Saturday, dinner sorted but any bar/late bar recommendations for a few 40 somethings not full of 18yo's welcome.
      I’ll be in Drumbo Park with a couple of runners, depending on the trap draw one of them should be a bit of a good thing too

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        I have one last bottle of my 2009 stash remaining. Tonight might be opportune, or else the 2019 HHE expedition....
        I’d be on for a night out of retirement for a HHE expedition. What dates are being mooted?

Comment

Comment

In the US and trying to access Bet365 to put a bet on for a friend that doesn’t have an account.

Any idea how to get on? Top rated VPN on the App Store set to UK and I still can’t access betting sites. That cause I’m using WiFi ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Paused this to scroll back and say thank you.

Fantastic stuff alright, cheers Ole.
              Wasnt it just wonderful, so surprised its not being lauded more, I am sure a few in here would be all over it if they knew the quality of actors in it!

SPOILER
              Meal ticket...
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Mars has a new rover, thank you earthlings.
                I can barely drive to the shops without incident.
                Last edited by DeeBrown; 27-11-18, 01:08.

Comment

Off to Belfast on Saturday, dinner sorted but any bar/late bar recommendations for a few 40 somethings not full of 18yo's welcome.
                  Where are you having dinner/staying? Just wondering which part of town.
                  . .

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                    Where are you having dinner/staying? Just wondering which part of town.
                    Staying in Bullit? hotel, restaurant is Deanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                      I’d be on for a night out of retirement for a HHE expedition. What dates are being mooted?
                      Speak to Lao Lao, he has been appointed chief organiser (and I can't remember the date).

Although we may have to discuss severals years of subs outstanding first...
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Speak to Lao Lao, he has been appointed chief organiser (and I can't remember the date).

Although we may have to discuss severals years of subs outstanding first...
                        Xmas is always so busy and food thrown at you, almost a waste of time.

Now a Sunday evening in Feb, say the 3rd for example, would mean plenty of good service and a relaxing meal with lots of time to pontificate on the rights and wrongs of the world...

...just saying is all
                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Miserable auld morning out.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

http://www.thejohnhewitt.com/

If the weather is anyway decent go for Pub crawl round the Dirty Onion, Spaniard, Harp Bar, Duke of York area. All beside t'other
                            Last edited by mocata; 27-11-18, 10:02.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              Miserable auld morning out.
                              Real winter weather!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Second last coding bootcamp today, and potentially a swansong to teaching as no teaching until September and from then on it falls dramatically to just two weeks a year due to research outputs.

Today was something else. They started not knowing how to code in September and by the end of today's third day of the bootcamp on their own steam one group had not only automated every technical indicator known to man but then spent the weekend turning it into a website that provided bespoke pdfs generated with a chart analysis of your chosen company. Another group created a chatbot that enquired as to your preferences and narrowed down your potential investment portfolio from S&P500 to a smaller group and provided investment advice on it. I've no idea how we got from 'python is a coding language. Coding is ...' absolute intro stuff to this. It's amazing!

If a few kids with a general business background (admittedly doing a finance masters now) can create this based on 24 hours of learning imagine how quickly established companies are eventually going to collapse when a whole generation of these people hit the market. Never seen anything like it.

Thinking of using the meagre teaching time next year to develop a follow-on FinTech module and see the extent to which next year's crop can turn these projects into bonafide businesses and make us all rich (5% shareholding = 60% grade, higher shareholdings for higher grades!)
                                I won't believe you know your onions until I see your fish
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone have a driving school or instructor recommendation for Dublin, preferably South Dublin?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    Anyone have a driving school or instructor recommendation for Dublin, preferably South Dublin?
                                    PM'd ya

Comment

Holy jaysis....

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

In Post Office doing Western Union. Guy ask me for ID. Show driving licence. Guy takes licence and photocopies it without a by your leave. Que long frustrating argument and attempt to cancel transaction. Still ongoing. GDPR training FTW.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Holy jaysis....

Comment

Just received a FAX. We are so back.

Comment

Can't remember who recommended The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs on here but thank you. Excellent entertainment.

Comment

Holy jaysis....

Looks like a spoof?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                  Not just one but two operational faxes in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                    Looks like a spoof?
                                                    If only it was, sigh

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      Not just one but two operational faxes in the world.
                                                      I actually thought FAX must have been a new acronym for something - googled it and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                        Is it a copy of my driving license by any chance?
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

So Manafort was schmoozing Assange inside the goddamn Ecuadorian embassy.

Trump is clearly rattled, to judge by the tone of today's tweetshite.

Comment

Comment

These guys get it. Winning is everything.

Lol, my old club well, one of them anyway. Junior club for 7 years and 1 year in seniors
                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Wasnt it just wonderful, so surprised its not being lauded more, I am sure a few in here would be all over it if they knew the quality of actors in it!

SPOILER
                                                                  Meal ticket...
                                                                  I know!!!

One of my favourite bits..

SPOILER
                                                                  'First time huh?'

Edit, 'I know!!!' was in response to your spoiler.
                                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 27-11-18, 21:45.

Comment

This ballybrack story is what Twitter was made for, its the gift that keeps giving.

Comment

Didn't some other soccer player dodge out of playing a game for Ireland by lying about his granny dying?
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Didn't some other soccer player dodge out of playing a game for Ireland by lying about his granny dying?
                                                                        Stephen Ireland
                                                                        Steven Ireland's trail of lies in order to be with his 'lonely' girlfriend has angered both his club and national managers.

Comment

Comment

RIP, Mr SpongeBob Square Pants.

(Anyone who doesn't have kids will say 'wtf?', anyone who does will understand)

Comment

What a world - Harryslaststand upcoming death being live tweeted by his son. https://mobile.twitter.com/Harryslaststand
                                                                              Died this morning.
                                                                              Campaigner and WW2 RAF serviceman Harry Leslie Smith has died following an illness, his son says.

Comment

Jesus:

Last edited by ionapaul; 28-11-18, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  ...Just read the final few tweets, there was a lovely one in there...He wasn't allowed any liquids for the last week, but when they decided he couldn't recover, he drank a beer...Not a bad way to go at 95...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    Jesus:

Wow.

Comment

Interesting swongs

Comment

Gamble gamble.

Comment

Nice for the Slatterys crowd!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Magnus Carlsen must be trolling Caruna in the World Chess, he's just offered a draw to take the tournament into a biltz playoff on wednesday when he had a very playable position and time advantage. All 12 games have ended drawn with both players at different stages blowing up when in promising positions, most noticeably Magnus in one of the early games.
                                                                                              Whatever was going through Magnus's head on Monday it worked out well for him,he absolutely crushed Fabiano 3-0 in the rapid games.
                                                                                              There's been a lot of negative comment about Magnus and no doubt he has lost some of his swagger in recent times but IMO he's a great champion.

Comment

Anyone know if there’s any decent poker in Wexford. Down here for a couple of days without the sprog and thought I might play a little.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Seems Ballybrack have thrown some poor fucker under the bus and have kicked him out of the club. The reason:

This grave and unacceptable mistake was completely out of character and was made by a person who has been experiencing severe personal difficulties unbeknownst to any other members of the club.”

Comment

...

Comment

wtf? The newsflow has already switched to thinking it's hilarious.
                                                                                                      Yeah the ballybrack twitter account has made a few "jokey" efforts. Obviously glad the chap is alive and well but don't agree with them turning it into a joke. Thing is, the guy isn't even in Spain, he's living in Galway since September after his company relocated. His wife and mother who are still in Spain were going out of their minds trying to contact him. He was on radio 1 this morning for an interview.

Comment

Seems a bit voyeuristic for RTE to be showing the cctv of that incident in Monaghan last night where a lad sitting in a parked car was killed.

Comment

What was that French camping company that Hitch and Zuutroph were lauding last summer?

Feel like booking next year's holidays.

Comment

Having booked a ferry passage just now (3 weeks July-Aug), some googling suggests it was Yelloh!

?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I guess if we get the weird looking connected plugs then they can be connected up to coffee machine etc and google can be told to make breakfast from the comfort of bed? Or could google even be told to start making coffee maybe 15 mins before whatever the morning alarm is?
                                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                                    Welcome to the 1970's

Comment

If you want to do a good thing for our poker community, give Jbravado a nomination for this. The gut-wrenching pain he must have felt when losing HU for a Platinum pass in disgusting fashion must still hurt. Let's send him to the Bahamas

Comment

The Apprentice (QVC task).

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Nice to see a different task for a change. and for once it actually suited the format as it didn't involve creating an airline in 36 hours or some nonsense like that. Just a range of products and sell them on a shopping channel that night. More of this would be great next year.

But really posting just to say I don't think I've ever been more wrong about a boardroom, in my head I had it (for the boot) something like 10/11 Camilla, 10/11 Khadija, 33/1 Jackie.

Comment

^^Just catching up on youtube now, so can't click yet!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X