Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gillum withdraws his concession.

One time.

Florida democracy always seems to be good craic.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Usyk v Bellew on now for all you drunkards with your eye off the ball. I shouldn't have to tell you this.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-11-18, 23:50.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Not all heroes wear capes.

Comment

Guarantee 2 quid was charged to tourists lots and those 2 quid charges went into the pockets of the people charging.

Comment

Snitches get stitches.
                Let the lads behind the bar wet their beak for fucks sake.
                Coola Boola.

Comment

Originally posted by Fran The Man View Post
                  Snitches get stitches.
                  Let the lads behind the bar wet their beak for fucks sake.
                  I could have you put in the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    I've doing a course in NCI, gov pays 90% of the fees and it's right beside work/home, UCD is probably better though.

A team in work is looking for a trade operator, don't think they'd be looking for too much experience, more for analytic skills, if it's something you're looking into getting into.
                    Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                    I know the one, those 90% subsidised courses are such great value, there's one in Athlone IT too I think.
                    I'm really happy where I'm at now, I fell on my feet tbh but thanks
                    What's the deal with the 90% off courses? Certain ones for some reason?

I remember my masters was free, actually was given a few grand, but I have no idea why now. Think it was some government scheme that was stopped similar to undergrad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      This post:

Led to this:

and this:

Decent folks in Slatterys.
                      Yeah I know the manager in there, was surprised when I saw the first tweet, good egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        What's the deal with the 90% off courses? Certain ones for some reason?

I remember my masters was free, actually was given a few grand, but I have no idea why now. Think it was some government scheme that was stopped similar to undergrad.
                        Springboard, gov scheme upskill the population, focusing on tech.

Comment

That online UCD MSc in Data Analytics someone (Brady?) posted earlier looks fairly class. Can pick from loads of modules. Am slightly tempted, if only they had a better selection of courses. Seems to be all about core coding methods but nothing really about big data.

Enjoy the trip!

A mate of mine previously lectured on it before he moved on. If you don't have a numerical background they tend to ask for
                          SPOILER
                          which is two core modules in linear algebra and calculus. I'm sure it wouldn't apply to you but for anyone else interested.

Also to answer Tar, website with the list of courses, there's lots on it: https://springboardcourses.ie

Comment

This post:

Led to this:

and this:

Decent folks in Slatterys.
                            proper hero

Comment

Fulhams sucidingly open tactics makes me fear they may concede a record amount of Premier league goals in the early kick off against Liverpool. Backed all the goals.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Fulhams sucidingly open tactics makes me fear they may concede a record amount of Premier league goals in the early kick off against Liverpool. Backed all the goals.
                                jaysus as bad n all as they are, I don't think they'll concede 10! Probably be a 4 or 5 nil job

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  jaysus as bad n all as they are, I don't think they'll concede 10! Probably be a 4 or 5 nil job
                                  I mean obviously unlikely but there's value in the +5.5 and +6.5 game goal lines imo. Fulham manager think he's got Barca level players the way he sends them out playing, it's naive beyond belief.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                    The first question is why?
                                    Only played once the last 4 months in Killarney.
                                    I find that the games have too many bloody chips.
                                    Ok the blinds are shorter mostly 15 min blinds or 20 mins but starting stacks of30k 40 or 50k chips midweek is to much.
                                    Being there till 2 or 3 in the morning is not ideal if you have a job.
                                    Doubt you will want to play cash which is available earlier and obviously you can quit anytime.
                                    I have found the standard of dealing and etiquette amongst players and dealers alike has dropped or else i am just getting old and grumpy.
                                    Lots of festivals with buy ins from 120 to 1000 usually more craic and can be better fun allowing for a few drinks etc. Not as many elderly nits about as was back in the Merrion days and not many left from the crowd that played a lot back then around our age.
                                    Does the brother still play ?
                                    Cheers sickpuppy, I guess I miss the odd live tournament, and have a bit of spare time nowadays.

David lives in the US now, don't think he plays much anymore

Comment

This is insane and stupid on so many levels!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        This is insane and stupid on so many levels!

Appears to be police bike. That or being chased by.

You can hear sirens a few times and see the blues in the rear lights of a white van at some stage.

As bad as it watching that is...serious reflexes and ability demonstrated there.
                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Stumbled upon this girl on Twitter, immediately bought her book. Excited about getting my hands on it...

Comment

On that theme there's a cracking show airing tonight at 9.30 on BBC, WW1 in colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Stumbled upon this girl on Twitter, immediately bought her book. Excited about getting my hands on it...

I'm sure it's nice but i don't get it
                                                It's coloured in b&w pictures... What's 'important' about that?

You might want to follow Babel Colour on Twitter
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  I'm sure it's nice but i don't get it
                                                  It's coloured in b&w pictures... What's 'important' about that?

You might want to follow Babel Colour on Twitter
                                                  I'm not sure it's important per se, just really interesting. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

This is fantastic for instance...

Cheers for the heads up re Babel Colour, I saw that London footage but didn't know who was behind it. Excellent.

Comment

That 3rd goal from city was sensational. Beautiful to watch, unfortunate it's against United lol

Comment

That 3rd goal from city was sensational. Beautiful to watch, unfortunate it's against United lol
                                                      While you were watching that, i was watching Arsenal get pummeled by Wolves and somehow get out of it with a 1-1 draw. Wolves will be kicking themselves for not getting 3 points.

Comment

...42 passes before the goal, guaranteed goal of the season in premier league...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ...42 passes before the goal, guaranteed goal of the season in premier league...
                                                          Think it was 44 and it won't be goal of the season. It was a fantastic goal but let's not be silly. There will be better scored in the next 6 months.

Comment

Boca v river plate final just kicked off for anyone looking for some shite to watch. Should be a physical game. The fans are nuts

Comment

Swore I'd never go back on contract with a phone again. But I did. Huawei mate 20 pro. It's a machine!!

Battery life and camera amazing. Love it!
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                Swore I'd never go back on contract with a phone again. But I did. Huawei mate 20 pro. It's a machine!!

Battery life and camera amazing. Love it!
                                                                Also bought it!! Savage phone indeed, probably the best phone out there at the moment

Comment

mdoug update #2:

9th October - Withdraw 550, slowly turn bankroll into 10.5k. Bust bankroll.

10th October - Proceed to deposit only €55 to show restraint, end day on €250(I was out drinking and such).

11th October - Finish work, lose €200 first bet during work.
                                                                  Grind up to 1.8k, lose €1750.
                                                                  €50 again, grind back up and finish day on €3700.

This is some craic.

SPOILER

Have uploaded some degen pics for the non-believers, and to turn the stomachs of some normal folk.

Degen for life.
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                    mdoug update #2:

9th October - Withdraw 550, slowly turn bankroll into 10.5k. Bust bankroll.

10th October - Proceed to deposit only €55 to show restraint, end day on €250(I was out drinking and such).

11th October - Finish work, lose €200 first bet during work.
                                                                    Grind up to 1.8k, lose €1750.
                                                                    €50 again, grind back up and finish day on €3700.

This is some craic.

SPOILER

Have uploaded some degen pics for the non-believers, and to turn the stomachs of some normal folk.

Degen for life.
                                                                    ...Take €2 and buy a calender M8, you mixed up the months again!!!...Other than that, glglgl...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                      ...Take €2 and buy a calender M8, you mixed up the months again!!!...Other than that, glglgl...
                                                                      Just fml.

Once I get to 100k, I will buy 100 calendars one for each of the next 100 years for banter porpoises.

Will update next weekend if I get the chance
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On that theme there's a cracking show airing tonight at 9.30 on BBC, WW1 in colour.
                                                                        That was stunning.

Comment

Was only joking with a certain Biffo yesterday about refereeing and how mad you would want to be to do it in certain sports, in certain areas.

Lo and behold, the Biffos strike back, literally.

Bans for life for the players and five years for the club the only answer imo.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Another good week coming up for Brexit-watching.

Still amazing how the UK media assume that whatever cobbled-together mess (because the alternative is so much worse) that May will eventually present to Barnier will automatically get approved by the EU. Hard to think of a First World nation fucking things up on such a grand scale since WW2.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Was only joking with a certain Biffo yesterday about refereeing and how mad you would want to be to do it in certain sports, in certain areas.

Lo and behold, the Biffos strike back, literally.

Bans for life for the players and five years for the club the only answer imo.
                                                                              Reffing in any sport unless it's ladies hockey is tough. I done the line in junior rugby matches and was asked to do reffing. Not a hope giving up your Saturday to be under appreciated and abused verbally by clowns who barely know the rules. I did call a player a thick cunt he was about two feet in touch and I raised my little flag signalling so he went ballistic.

Comment

Still amazing how the UK media assume that whatever cobbled-together mess (because the alternative is so much worse) that May will eventually present to Barnier will automatically get approved by the EU. Hard to think of a First World nation fucking things up on such a grand scale since WW2.
                                                                                Yeh, my belief that a deal will or has definitely been done is now ebbing away somewhat The UK political situation is so fucked up, far more so than the US at present, though perhaps not structurally as in the latter case.

Comment

Beating Richie Knucklez: the making of a Space Invaders world champion

Comment

Workmate put me on to a cracking podcast, 'The last podcast on the left'.

Some real good lols.

Flat Earth episode is brilliant.

Comment

I wonder how the people who celebrated Brexit on the Nissan production line feel about one of the key figures throwing them under the bus in such a casual manner

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        I wonder how the people who celebrated Brexit on the Nissan production line feel about one of the key figures throwing them under the bus in such a casual manner

If they were stupid enough to swallow the rhetoric, fuck them.

They might read the literature next time.

Comment

Also, if the madness doesn't somehow get called off, the later potential for British outrage in a number years if they ever try to get back in is huge.

"what do you mean we can't have our rebate back?".

Comment

Had a very interesting meeting today with a firm we do a few million with each year.
                                                                                            "It's stupid but we are in now, anything else is an affront to democracy" was a message from them. There were some guffaws.
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some real good lols.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...st_on_the_Left
                                                                                              Behind the bastards is another great one
                                                                                              There’s a reason the History Channel has produced hundreds of documentaries about Hitler but only a few about Dwight D. Eisenhower. Bad guys (and gals) are eternally fascinating. Behind the Bastards dives in past the Cliffs Notes of the worst humans in history and exposes the bizarre realities of their lives. Listeners will learn about the young adult novels that helped Hitler form his monstrous ideology, the founder of Blackwater’s insane quest to build his own Air Force, the bizarre lives of the sons and daughters of dictators and Saddam Hussein’s side career as a trashy romance novelist.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                Behind the bastards is another great one
                                                                                                https://www.behindthebastards.com/
                                                                                                Funny, I was thinking of you when I posted that, said to myself 'this is right up DP's street'

Cheers for that one dude

Comment

QQ
                                                                                                  Have a couple of Mammoth avacados I want to attempt to bring home tonight
                                                                                                  Hand luggage or check in?

Comment

QQ
                                                                                                    Book them their own seats. We are back. #tigertwo

Comment

QQ
                                                                                                      One of us! One of us!

Comment

Some real good lols.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...st_on_the_Left
                                                                                                        Iceman killer episodes are very funny.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

QQ
                                                                                                          from where? if it's outside the EU, they'll get confiscated i think

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            Book them their own seats. We are back. #tigertwo
                                                                                                            These are huge, must with close to 1 kg each... Three for a Euro here, I'd say youo could sell them down around hipster central for about a tenner each, would probably make 15 on East London

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              One of us! One of us!

That guy has great eyebrows.

Comment

Funny, I was thinking of you when I posted that, said to myself 'this is right up DP's street'

Cheers for that one dude
                                                                                                                the rogan podcast from last friday is also well worth a listen.
                                                                                                                Derren Brown is pretty fascinating to listen to

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah! The fact that a deal is always done is being tested to the maximum here. The Brits are just all over the place. Like they were the ones who agreed to a backdrop 11 months ago.
                                                                                                                    "You can hardly expect us to live up to international commitments we made in writing. We're British, for God's sake!"

Even if the Brits somehow achieve internal consensus, it's not a deal. It's a can-kicking extension exercise until the real negotiations can be done.

I think the odd bright spark has possibly twigged how fucked they are long-term.

Comment

Saw Stan Lee passed, that was a good long productive life.

RIP to the real first Avenger

Comment

Bagsy Denny in the secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Bagsy Denny in the secret Santa
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X