Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just voted there and the guy at the box said it was 20% turnout. You'd almost be slightly worried the loonies might carry it. Haven't read a thing about it all day so I'm working off a data point of one.

Comment

Higgins 60%, Casey 20%

Comment

Is there a minimum turnout required for the constitutional amendment to pass?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          Higgins 60%, Casey 20%

Gavin Duffy 1

(vote, not percent)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Is there a minimum turnout required for the constitutional amendment to pass?
            Nope

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              Higgins 60%, Casey 20%

Seems to be stronger turnout in more affluent areas. Bad for the Casey punt?
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well done to the Casey voters anyway

Comment

21% clear second, well done.

Comment

Amazing outcome

Comment

Get in! Couple of the top Irish firms really did an appalling job at risk managing this election.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Irish Times have Higgins 56%, Casey 21%

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              Well done to the Casey punters anyway
                              FYP.

The voters need to see a doctor.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Next general election build up is gonna be farcical now he's given a blueprint in how to drum up idiotic support.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    On a more important note. You can now legally graphically depict muhammed rogering the corpse of jesus while budda looks on pleasuring himself.
                                    I voted no after hearing a compelling argument to keep it that had nothing to do with what I believed the Blasphemy law was about.

Basically that it was there to stop hate speech being allowed against religion which I thought was reasonable and that the whole Stephen Fry issue was a red herring and that no one would ever be convicted in that manner.
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

On a more important note. You can now legally graphically depict muhammed rogering the corpse of jesus while budda looks on pleasuring himself.
                                      Could maybe still be done under 'Incitement to hatred'.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                          I voted no after hearing a compelling argument to keep it that had nothing to do with what I believed the Blasphemy law was about.

Basically that it was there to stop hate speech being allowed against religion which I thought was reasonable and that the whole Stephen Fry issue was a red herring and that no one would ever be convicted in that manner.
                                          Also voted no for the same reason.

Ended up voting for MDH even tho it wanted the lads to win the bet. Couldn't bring myself to vote anyone else.

Comment

what if they all look happy in the depiction?
                                            Ah, I'm mostly offended that none of the Hindu deities get a bit part.

Comment

We have laws in place that make hate speech a crime, against the individual.
                                              I don't understand why an organisation should be protected from it though, in our constitution.

What is hate speech anyway? Is it subjective? I'm sure some devout catholics would consider my views hate speech. Should I be banned from expressing them?

What about people who hate RTE? Or, the GAA, or Sinn Fein.

Should our constitution protect those organisations?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                We have laws in place that make hate speech a crime, against the individual.
                                                I don't understand why an organisation should be protected from it though, in our constitution.

What is hate speech anyway? Is it subjective? I'm sure some devout catholics would consider my views hate speech. Should I be banned from expressing them?

What about people who hate RTE? Or, the GAA, or Sinn Fein.

Should our constitution protect those organisations?
                                                this

Comment

FYP.

Why ? Think the debate when every other candidate said would have no problem living beside travellers showed them to be liars. Not enough politicians or public representatives with any back bone it's all about political correctness don't offend anyone. People comparing him to the Gestapo jesus well done to the punter's

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                    Why ? Think the debate when every other candidate said would have no problem living beside travellers showed them to be liars. Not enough politicians or public representatives with any back bone it's all about political correctness don't offend anyone. People comparing him to the Gestapo jesus well done to the punter's
                                                    Because, if that's all they care about, and can be swooned by such a clown they're dim witted. That and he's a cunt. He'll fuck off home now to America thankfully.

Comment

Because, if that's all they care about, and can be swooned by such a clown they're dim witted. That and he's a cunt. He'll fuck off home now to America thankfully.
                                                      If this is accepted as the narrative and I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Then the next vote when it actually matters will be worse.

Comment

FYP.

Dunno how I made that mistake!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                            I thought Monkey 47 after a quick Google especially given I'm in Germany
                                                            Where abouts are you? I'm in Stockholm again this weekend but will be back in Heidelberg on Monday

Comment

Nope. Still a crime.

This is entirely wrong and someone has told you a big old pack of lies.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                What, exactly, is wrong with taking care not to be deliberately offensive?

People who complain about “political correctness” usually do so as a way of implying they should be able to say whatever they please without any social consequence.

Comment

Comment

I was really just hoping someone might take up the challenge and then watch from afar to see what happens.

Although I'm not sure why drawing historical characters doing anything would be criminal.
                                                                    Until the appropriate section of the defamation act is repealed it is a crime.

And drawing the character isn’t a crime so long as you don’t do so with the intention of scandalizing the religion.

Comment

Enjoyed Joe Rogans chat with Tyson Fury. Though Fury reminds me too much of Katie Taylor with the Jesus stuff.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                        Where abouts are you? I'm in Stockholm again this weekend but will be back in Heidelberg on Monday
                                                                        I was actually in Tel Aviv and went through Frankfurt on the way home, it was just a longer layover.

I could be going back and forth relatively regularly via that route, I see that Heidelberg is close enough to Frankfurt so if I'm staying for a few days on the way back I'll give you a shout for some recommendations in the area.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Did the three of the horses posted yesterday in an ew trixie but couldnt get money on boyles from Lagos so had to use pp
                                                                              saw the first one won and the script was one I've read too often... the nose 4th Eacharn was exactly as expected
                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-10-18, 05:22.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                Nope. Still a crime.

This is entirely wrong and someone has told you a big old pack of lies.
                                                                                was away working with a brother in law to and very friendly with the leader of the campaign to retain it. We always have great craic sparring off each other on our work trips and he is always a vocifirous defender of Waters, our national contrarian in chief, but this week the best he could manage was an armwave at the costs of running it
                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-10-18, 05:29.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Heard it's fairly spectacular there - would have a normal hesitancy of having anything to do with Israel because of what they do, but Tel Aviv seems to be different to rest of country? A bit like Dublin really, a bit ashamed of the country yokels.
                                                                                  I was hesitant when I arrived and that was justified when I saw that people casually walk around shopping centres with AK47s over their shoulder so it was a bit shocking at first.
                                                                                  Tel Aviv beach is fantastic, as is the area it's situated in.
                                                                                  I think the food is the best part, it's just unbelievable.

I planned to visit Jerusalem but I didn't get the time but I took a trip down to the Dead Sea as part of a work fun day.
                                                                                  The area is incredibly commercialised on one side with hotels etc and very industrial on the other side as companies are draining the sea. It's currently 430m below sea level.
                                                                                  They threw a Burning Man themed party in the desert which was very cool. They look after their staff extremely well and the office has a very relaxed atmosphere.

I spoke to a few foreigners who were on Christian pilgrimages which took them into areas of Gaza, the trips can take people into Jericho and the number of visitors is on the rise so I'm not quite sure how dangerous it is. As you said Tel Aviv feels very much like any city, I saw a few mosques in the distance while driving at night but outside of that the presence within Tel Aviv is very much Israeli and cosmopolitan.

Comment

I'm finishing up Dawkins The Greatest Show on Earth atm so I was flicking through some YouTube videos and came across the one that was basically the catalyst for me to disregard the value of religion.

Dawkins appeared on The Panel in 2006 to promote The God Delusion with Dara O'Briain and I still recall thinking he was brilliant.

SPOILER

It led me to take a look through his appearance on the Late Late that week too and although the cohort that apply for Late Late tickets aren't exactly representative of the secularism that I'm sure was present in Ireland, I thought the response to the first question of "Hands up who believes in God?" must have shifted quite a lot in the past 12 years.

SPOILER

It's just funny how some things stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Did the three of the horses posted yesterday in an ew trixie but couldnt get money on boyles from Lagos so had to use pp
                                                                                      saw the first one won and the script was one I've read too often... the nose 4th Eacharn was exactly as expected
                                                                                      ...Same, had them in a treble, still not sure he came 4th...Should have taken GABs advice and did it in Boyles instead of PP...

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed reading these tweets this morning. Stories from the boom years.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                          I was actually in Tel Aviv and went through Frankfurt on the way home, it was just a longer layover.

I could be going back and forth relatively regularly via that route, I see that Heidelberg is close enough to Frankfurt so if I'm staying for a few days on the way back I'll give you a shout for some recommendations in the area.
                                                                                          45 minutes from the airport and loads to do if you have a few days free

Comment

Well played to all the Casey punters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              anybody doing the marathon this weekend?
                                                                                              Lazare is.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Next general election build up is gonna be farcical now he's given a blueprint in how to drum up idiotic support.
                                                                                                Eh, I don't know how to tell you this so pics will have to do:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

John Connors
                                                                                                          @johnconnors1990
                                                                                                          As I predicted racist Casey would finish 2nd place. 1% to 21% in just over a week achieved with hate. Wait till the next elections. Lets see how many follow the Casey way. I'm finished with Ireland. I'm giving up trying to make it a better place. Fuck it. #RacistIreland

One down, 39K to go

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            anybody doing the marathon this weekend?
                                                                                                            Yup.

Full blown panic attack about it last night, but raring to go now.

Comment

Cheers to whoever was banging on about Stone Junction a while back, fun read

Comment

Yup.

Full blown panic attack about it last night, but raring to go now.
                                                                                                                Good luck to yourself and whoever else doing it.
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  John Connors
                                                                                                                  @johnconnors1990
                                                                                                                  As I predicted racist Casey would finish 2nd place. 1% to 21% in just over a week achieved with hate. Wait till the next elections. Lets see how many follow the Casey way. I'm finished with Ireland. I'm giving up trying to make it a better place. Fuck it. #RacistIreland

One down, 39K to go
                                                                                                                  Connors should have put money on it if he can see that kind of thing in his tea leaves

Comment

Cheers guys. Attacking a time that I think is right on my limit, so blow up is a decent risk. Do or die.

Comment

To all of those disgusted by the quarter of voters who feel strongly enough about travellers that they could vote for a colossal dickhead like Casey perhaps you could examine why.

I personally have had a bad experience with travellers and my wider family have also had bad experiences. We are not huge bigots, imbeciles being lead astray by dog whistles or far right stormfront readers. Middle class, married with kids, educated and basically a huge chunk of the voting population is what we are.

My uncle has had farm equipment stolen numerous times and I was locked with other staff memebers in a pub office while they destroyed the bar because a new member made the mistake of serving a group. Others I know have much worse incidents to discuss.

Like it or not people have real grievances with the behavior of the group. Yes they are disadvantaged i am not blind to that and I know that there is some good eggs in the group but I cannot apologise for not liking travelers overall. I might reconsider if we receive an an apology in return.

Watching candidates say they would be happy to have a halting site next door is the real farce. Either a complete lie or a complete dillusion - either is not great in your president.

If Casey wasn’t as unelectable or say o’cuiv who you can imagine being in the Aras as unpalatable as I find him had said the same those percentages would have been much different.

Disgust and distain at people who feel they have real grievances is how you drive them away from being able to vote with you and we end up at Brexit, Trump, Golden dawn etc.

I am sure people will see this view as disgraceful but it is as a result of actual experiences that have impacted my opinion.

Comment

What has any of that got to do with the office of President of Ireland though?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Eh, I don't know how to tell you this so pics will have to do:

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X