Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      this game will over by 3pm
      harrumph and people say my predictions are wildly inaccurate
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some of my fav crickets moments/people
        Botham’s Ashes** (although I was too young to appreciate it properly)
        The BBC Cricket *theme tune.** Real pencil tapping stuff.
        Geoff Boycott and the wave of his middle finger to the *stuffy ones
        Brian Lara/Kapil Dev/Imran Khan/Gatting (for footie reasons) spellinz disclaimer .
        Viv Richards ,* Alan Border (wiedro imo)*
        Pom bashing.** Bob Willis ,* trent bridge (I wus there)* , silly point (only in cricketJ
        Cold beer and nothing absolutely ZERO to do when yer watching all that shite (true story bruv)
        Barmy Army like a fecking swarm of bees in yer ears –ARSE

Comment

Poor Enda, unquestionably the greatest Taoiseach in the history of our state.

No good deed goes unpunished amongst the slime who dwell in the cesspit of our media.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

unfortunately this elevation to full membership has happened about 10 years too late
            Also about 10 years since anybody gave a flying fuck about test cricket so not all that relevant to have test status.

Yeah purists will always claim its the best form of the game but won't back that up by actually going or watching much test cricket. Stadiums empty around the world while they jam them in for the shorter forms. Even an India Pakistan test will have empty stands until final day.

Always interested how certain sports originally set upon how long a certain match should be, some are perfect but others imo have got it wrong, test cricket probably being the worst, it's largely dour, super low risk and extremely low on entertainment. It's not that people don't have the time or patience these days, it's just plain bad. There's nothing other than tradition keeping it going at this stage.

The 50 over match manages to perfectly balance attack and defensive tactics and is by far the most intriguing form of the game.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Also about 10 years since anybody gave a flying fuck about test cricket so not all that relevant to have test status.

Yeah purists will always claim its the best form of the game but won't back that up by actually going or watching much test cricket. Stadiums empty around the world while they jam them in for the shorter forms. Even an India Pakistan test will have empty stands until final day.

Always interested how certain sports originally set upon how long a certain match should be, some are perfect but others imo have got it wrong, test cricket probably being the worst, it's largely dour, super low risk and extremely low on entertainment. It's not that people don't have the time or patience these days, it's just plain bad. There's nothing other than tradition keeping it going at this stage.

The 50 over match manages to perfectly balance attack and defensive tactics and is by far the most intriguing form of the game.
              I can tell you've played a lot of cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Poor Enda, unquestionably the greatest Taoiseach in the history of our state.

No good deed goes unpunished amongst the slime who dwell in the cesspit of our media.
                Ireland's least favorite Taoiseach Charlie Haughey I still put as number one. We would still be a backward island begging for crumbs that the UK let us have instead of being a center for finance initially and now tech.

Scandals, shirts and an ill advised plan to invade the north aside the economy is all that I really give a shit about.

A lot of credit goes to Lemass for taking the first baby steps but it was Charlie being a crooked fucker who got us the IFSC and thus a seat at the big boys table.

Positive corruption rather than corrupt inept as is the norm for FF leaders.

Comment

I can tell you've played a lot of cricket
                  Doesn't stop yourself or Strewel speaking out ye're arse on soccer...

Crickets actually great banter to play, I've played a total of three games in my life and I enjoyed every one despite not having a breeze what was going on.

Similar to baseball,I assume theres so much more going on that I ever realized.
                  Last edited by Theresa; 05-05-17, 15:32. Reason: wrong quote!
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    Oh GAB you are such a meanie pants. I want to not like you but I can't as deep down I know you are just a cuddly teddy bear. I was going to use the word hate but hate is such a strong word and I try not to hate anybody, except of course those music irish pro life teachers who are meanies.
                    Is this Eoghan O'Dea's actual twitter? He actually posts https://twitter.com/eoghanodea?lang=en ?

It's a question for gimmie or anyone really who knows for CERTAIN

If we don't know for certain of course ...it's fine
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-05-17, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                      Lol

Peacend fire. I think this is your intervention.
                      It's my intervention ?? Sorry for being too annoying ..or fake or ?? I dunno ...throw it at me...

I think maybe you just don't like me. It's a pity ..I am a pretty nice cool person

Comment

Amazing and funny story of Andre Agassi about Boris Becker and how to beat Boris Becker :)

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          Friend of mine refuses to watch cricket because both teams wear the same colours

SPOILER

Or refuses to watch a sport on a colour tv that looks the same in black n white

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            No offence but was there any need to post that? you could PM someone is you want to know...
                            Fair enough Gill.

Comment

Jesus; Andre's record against Boris

Lot of big matches in there!
                              + the effect those results would have had on him in general

How many more titles/majors could Becker have won if someone had pointed that out to him

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                It's my intervention ?? Sorry for being too annoying ..or fake or ?? I dunno ...throw it at me...

I think maybe you just don't like me. It's a pity ..I am a pretty nice cool person
                                ah here , I'm only passing on a message. I don't dislike you at all, you are clearly a nutcase which is fine by me.
                                Here is a tune , it's my guess you or even I were concieved in a simmilar setting

top class cover

Their number one song in the UK in 1970. This song was number one for three weeks.http://www.youtube.com/user/numberonesongs111http://www.youtube.com/user/n...

Comment

Is this Eoghan O'Dea's actual twitter? He actually posts https://twitter.com/eoghanodea?lang=en ?

It's a question for gimmie or anyone really who knows for CERTAIN

If we don't know for certain of course ...it's fine
                                  Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Why do you like talking about the O'Dea's so much? That's at least the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned them with no context.
                                  Spill

Comment

A couple of days ago I recorded my mate Ali O'Keefe, he plays on our darts team and sings in a band called Kolted doing his version of Hallelujah. If you find it too slow in the beginning skip to 3.30 for the hair raising on your neck effect (imho).

Ali O'Keeffe from the brilliant band Kolted doing a spine tingling version of Hallelujah

Comment

I think it's a worthy cause.

Comment

my 5 year old doesn't believe in god. Said sure all that's just make believe. My mother in law won't be happy. So proud.
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                          my 5 year old doesn't believe in god. Said sure all that's just make believe. My mother in law won't be happy. So proud.
                                          I love when kids surprise us ... Independent thinker...I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                            A couple of days ago I recorded my mate Ali O'Keefe, he plays on our darts team and sings in a band called Kolted doing his version of Hallelujah. If you find it too slow in the beginning skip to 3.30 for the hair raising on your neck effect (imho).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyKfMcqZV5A
                                            ...That was absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed listening to him...Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              Anybody know when tickets for the November Rugby Test matches are due to go on sale, can't see anything on IRFU or Ticket Master
                                              I just ordered mine via the Leinster branch so you could probably stick your hand up for them via a local rugby club now.
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Just discovered the word "boondoggle"

Gonna drop it every chance I get

Comment

Was actually in a whorehouse snorting coke with EOD last night. We decided to call it a boondoggle and left, he kicked a puppy as we were leaving and said he doesn't even like animals

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                      ...That was absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed listening to him...Thank you...
                                                      Thanks mate, all the lads in the band live here in Spain and have regular gigs all around here but they are doing a rock festival this weekend in Norway and are in Cork in a few weeks. They might be doing a gig in Dublin too, just trying to arrange it. If they get it confirmed I'll post here. They're well worth seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                        Was actually in a whorehouse snorting coke with EOD last night. We decided to call it a boondoggle and left, he kicked a puppy as we were leaving and said he doesn't even like animals
                                                        I hear puppy is tasty on the BBQ

Comment

The Trip to Spain:
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          What the fuck was the ending about!?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            The Trip to Spain:
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            Steve gets dumped and has an old fashioned nervous breakdown

I suppose

Soap opera elements aside its a perfect TV show.
                                                            I must find out where the restaurant in the second episode is and put it towards the top of the list of places to visit.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              The Trip to Spain:
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              Bah, it's all about the journey not the destination. Likewise the food is just a plot device. Steve Coogan is a genius.

Just watched Lion. Even though you know where it's clearly going, it's rather wondeful.

Comment

Easy to agree to a charity walk that starts at four in the morning when asked on a sunny Sunday afternoon, doesn't seem like the best idea now though. Pesky kids.

Comment

UKIP piece on the Beeb is hilarious

Comment

Bah, it's all about the journey not the destination. Likewise the food is just a plot device. Steve Coogan is a genius.
                                                                    Haven't watched the recent ones and won't. Coogan playing himself I just found painful and unfunny, and I was a huge fan of Partridge and to a lesser extent his standup.

And what's with the genius malarkey? Bach, Beethoven, Einstein, Newton would be on my very short list.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

ugh was heading to Lidl at 8.30 in morn to get Mia a hoverboard she had money saved from birthday ( well I was kinda stung for 150 towards it) all excited going to bed tonight ,

clicked onto app and get a message saying it wont be going on sale now due to regulatory issues ffs

any ideas on where to get one MAX spend 300 E

found this site , seems dodge though

Too expensive

ah someone help

think ill go with this great feedback, gonna be a fad anyway

Last edited by SatNav; 05-05-17, 22:57.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I wouldn't have a clue sorry sat. Sounds cool though reminds me of this though!

Back to the Future Part II movie clips: http://j.mp/15vNT54BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/uqm0MMDon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP...

Duke
                                                                        Easy to agree to a charity walk that starts at four in the morning when asked on a sunny Sunday afternoon, doesn't seem like the best idea now though. Pesky kids.
                                                                        Good luck.
                                                                        raoul
                                                                        UKIP piece on the Beeb is hilarious
                                                                        Do you have a link ?? No worries if not ..

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire
                                                                          The account and the FB account ...attributed to him I am pretty sure is fake. I could be mistaken. SO i need this confirmed I don't know him. I thought someone here could.

I can't seem to contact the real him. Either way I want to ask him to ask his father donate to this charity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yhkGPkd5zk
                                                                          You really need to think about what you post before you post it. Also, only post every 3rd post you want to. Also, stop posting about the O'Deas. Entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            You really need to think about what you post before you post it. Also, only post every 3rd post you want to. Also, stop posting about the O'Deas. Entirely.
                                                                            May I ask what I have done wrong ? Bear in mind I am quite sensitive right now. If you want to say it privately that's ok.

I am pretty sure i must now have done something to upset the poker community. I dont want to play the victim. I need to take responsibility for that. I just post what I post innocently. I felt I was doing the right thing.

I know I am over sensitive. And not socially skilled. I have my issues. I apologize.

It's ok if I am not welcome in the community. You kind of have to take me as I am. I can't be fake. But I do know all the things you have said. Are true.

I am ashamed of myself if i have hurt anyone. Or made the forum less enjoyable.

I have always felt insecure...maybe that was why i was posting so much to try and make friends. And if i seemed overly nice ..it was for that same reason.

I think the worse feeling in the world is feeling you are responsible for upset. So i am sorry.
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 06-05-17, 01:42.

Comment

I think P+F is like an untrained friendly springer spaniel. It just bounces about out of control happy in its wee world. Lock it up and it sulks till you let it out and off it goes again. Take it for a walk and it pulls the lead looking to play with the world. Let it run free and everyone is its best friend. It never seems to stop and gets into trouble just doing its thing. It will piss where it shouldn't and go where it's not welcome but the dang thing is soo crazy you have to smile. If it starts to bite a muzzle may be necessary but hopefully all it will do is shag your leg, jump in water and run over your well maintained garden pissing you off while at same time you're smiling at the mad bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                Is there a 'cricket for dummies' type thing I can read so I can bluff my way through Sunday?
                                                                                Learn how the scoring works, look at how long a game takes. Burn your tickets and ridicule anyone who takes that silly game serious from now on.

You're welcome.

Comment

My neighbors used to play it they were crazy about it. They used to set up wickets in their garden.

I am not certain I think they first learnt in oz. Crazy sports family

Last edited by Guest; 06-05-17, 03:20.

Comment

My neighbors used to play it they were crazy about it. They used to set up wickets in their garden.

I am not certain I think they first learnt in oz. Crazy sports family

You may find out where they first learnt it m8. I need facts.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                      You may find out where they first learnt it m8. I need facts.
                                                                                      I will ask.... he is a lawyer now in the UK (he was the one crazy into it) but his sister lives here still she is a doctor I went to secondary school with her. I will nip around and ask ...they are Irish but were in Australia for years. So I am pretty sure they learnt there I remember her saying how cricket mad they were over there ...you could still hear the Aussie twang in her accent sometimes Lovely family actually.

Keep ya posted!
                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 06-05-17, 04:47.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                        ....and back to bed I go.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          And what's with the genius malarkey? Bach, Beethoven, Einstein, Newton would be on my very short list.
                                                                                          They're all dead. And they were rubbish comedians.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              Key thing to take from the US is how careful we need to be when voting. How mad is it that a people have voted in a government that is passing a law to deprive them of healthcare. Its hard to imagine that a big portion of Trump's lower wage workers would have actually voted for that if they'd seen through all the bluster stuff they found interesting. When really international politics has no effect on the local population, but healthcare has a massive impact.

See it a bit in France with the far-left candidate - Melenchon - who's voters aren't going to vote in great numbers for Macron as they don't feel he is lefty enough. Thus helping Le Pen. Although she can't win.

I wonder how many votes in Ireland are based on stupid reasons, and could lead to the same perverse outcomes. Every independent, SF, AAA-PBP vote is a vote for stupid things to be implemented. Not because left wing policies are stupid, but because their specific policies have no rationality. But how many people would e.g. vote an independent over FF because of Bertie, when the reality is that its only FF/FG that deliver normal, historically effective, government.
                                                                                              I am really really depressed about the fact that you are right.You could say the same about Brexit etc.

I could vote labour though! That might work! Enda is not all that bad.neither are FG...considering. I would still vote labour. Or lefty independents ...or no maybe...i guess I will have to see how I want to vote when it comes.

It's not such an issue here ..as we always have coalitions.

You are right ...we need to think ...realistically. Extreme politics are never a good thing.

I would vote an independent over FF...but I would vote labour over FF too...or FG if it came to it. If it was to stop ...sf ...then and only then ...FF ...and then have a bath.

I am never ever going into politics ....ever.
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 06-05-17, 06:35.

Comment

...

Comment

I will save you going through the whole thing...
                                                                                                  He loses big ...I love Joey though :P

He did just give 600 to the charity anyway...Cuz he is joey!

I BOUGHT $600 WORTH OF LOTTERY TICKETS!BIRTHDAY CAMPAIGN: http://generationrescue.org/joeyWEIRD ICE CREAM GADGETS!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGN7jJsE...

Good luck hitch.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 06-05-17, 08:07.

Comment

Massive hacking attempt on the centrist candidate in a presidential election, in one of the key liberal democratic countries.

Hmmmm, now where have we seen this before?

Comment

Massive hacking attempt on the centrist candidate in a presidential election, in one of the key liberal democratic countries.

Hmmmm, now where have we seen this before?
                                                                                                      Yes Just before the black out. They have a media silence just before an election...

Comment

From here on in if anyone hurts my feelings on this forum. I am just going to tell you nicely with love.

Comment

wsop is in lisbon so decided to play a bit of cash. took forever to get a seat and mentally just wasn't engaged, (more focused on the huge 5/10 game to my left) i knew i should have gotten up and left but was apathetic towards the whole experience. only did 300 but last hand summed it up.

get it in with Queens vs 44 vs 33, board goes 44353. I was hysterically laughing, the man with 3's not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                            wsop is in lisbon so decided to play a bit of cash. took forever to get a seat and mentally just wasn't engaged, (more focused on the huge 5/10 game to my left) i knew i should have gotten up and left but was apathetic towards the whole experience. only did 300 but last hand summed it up.

get it in with Queens vs 44 vs 33, board goes 44353. I was hysterically laughing, the man with 3's not so much.
                                                                                                            Will you enjoy lisbon now? It would be nice to see some life... Portugal is lovely.

Or more poker. Goodluck.

Comment

I am really really depressed about the fact that you are right.You could say the same about Brexit etc.

I could vote labour though! That might work! Enda is not all that bad.neither are FG...considering. I would still vote labour. Or lefty independents ...or no maybe...i guess I will have to see how I want to vote when it comes.

It's not such an issue here ..as we always have coalitions.

You are right ...we need to think ...realistically. Extreme politics are never a good thing.

I would vote an independent over FF...but I would vote labour over FF too...or FG if it came to it. If it was to stop ...sf ...then and only then ...FF ...and then have a bath.

I am never ever going into politics ....ever.
                                                                                                              Good post.

Reckon you should limit it to one or two killer posts such as this a day so it doesn't get lost among the other 50 a day.

Less is more is basically an IPB mantra
                                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 06-05-17, 10:34.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Good post.

Reckon you should limit it to one or two killer posts such as this a day so it doesn't get lost among the other 50 a day.

Less is more is basically an IPB mantra
                                                                                                                Thank you for noticing me.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        Might report Lazare too

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          The viewer insisted that he wasn’t offended by the remarks but stressed that he believed Mr Fry’s comments qualified as blasphemy under the law.
                                                                                                                          Wonderful!

Attack the law with this kinda shit, report it every time some international famous type says anything in Ireland

Shame the shit out of it

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Might report Lazare too
                                                                                                                          ooh ya, Get that fucking heathen too!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X