Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did say that it might as well be wrestling. McGregor will fight some nobody next time all the the while building up to a rematch.

Knacker.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      That's a nice result to wake up to. Didn't mcgregor call someone a bitch for tapping before. Lol. He might have to rethink that.
      He said that shortly before he tapped when defeated by Diaz, so that's twice now.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
        Went to Dishoom in Covent Garden for first time last night. Can see why there are 45 minute queues to get in, the spicy lamb chops and the Daal were both unreal, with a "chai cider" to wash them down.
        Just had breakfast at the one in shoreditch, very agreeable

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
          Is that not a crazy bpm to be pushing your heart at? Just a quick google suggests that a recommended maximum of 220 minus your age. Now I know we joke a lot about you looking older than you are, but you have to be at least 50.
          Nah... that doesnt really apply to anyone with a bit of fitness and consistent training. It's a fine guide but its super super rough and has no way of accounting for people's individual physiology.
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Never warmed to Shoreditch, has a real false/try hard feel to it in comparison to some of the other popular areas in London.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              There is nothing boring in watching a guy make such a great fighter look so ordinary. Mcgregor Got rag dolled like a little bitch. Loved it

Aftermath was a disgrace, and probably a direct result and payback for the bus attack. Chechen mafia versus Dublin knackers. I know who my money's on!
              Ah it was one for the purists. I think Khabib was in control from the first 15 seconds and McGregor was completely outclassed, basically a complete mismatch. It is impressive (and obviously a fantastic skill and strategy) to be able to completely negate an opponents' strongest abilities with a far superior ground game but it really is pretty dull for the vast majority of people to watch.

It's almost a problem for the UFC/MMA in general, as Khabib's strategy (when executed as well as he can) and strengths are not exactly box office viewing, but can absolutely dominate flashier fighters.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Aha, of course.

You can get your hands on one?
              No. I'll make you a label in MS Paint though?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                People bought into Haye v Bellew twice and that was the ultimate farce. Hype something up enough and the hoard of wide eyed CHD's of this world will come in droves. People's interest in sport these days has shockingly little to do with the actual sport.

I didn't even watch the fight! You have some really dumb opinions on sport at times and they are sports you follow. Maybe avoid commenting on sports you've no clue about buddy, thinking last night was a set up is full on tinfoil hat the government has my phone bugged levels of dumb.

They will avoid a rematch imo, it would bury McGregor. They'll do something winnable with him and if khabib doesn't retire then they'll try make the ferguson fight which has been jinxed several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Puy du Fou today. Mentioned it before as easily the best theme park in the world that in the words of Michelin is 'worth a detour'. Was asking the father-in-law if he was grand doing to 200km there and he said for summer he drove the 2,300km to Crimea and the holiday there involved 'driving around'
                  Ah, there's nothing quite like a bitch slap from the FIL...
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It's such a boring way of fighting that I wouldn't be surprised if it was banned if it became super popular, nobody would watch. It's a great strategy just boring and the ground fighter or people trying to stop take downs are limited by what is legal, the knees, gloves etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

No. I'll make you a label in MS Paint though?
                      It's the spittle of a famous person that I want.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Also, Bare Knuckle Boxing has just started in America. Sanctioned, authorised etc.

Vice documentary on it the other day was a bit uhm, eye opening.

Since its heyday in the late 1800s, bare-knuckle boxing in the US has been relegated to parking lots and grimy basements, an underground sport that couldn’t ...

Comment

Is there anywhere I can see highlights of the fight?

Comment

A welcome return to Irishbigheartboards.com

Was meant to start those about three months ago but haven't yet got around to starting it, despite having the medicine.
                            I only have two tablets to be taken before the MRi. One at 8am and another one hour before the test.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                              Is there anywhere I can see highlights of the fight?
                              ...Pretty good link here...
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                Looking at a mobile for one of the kids as their phone is fucked. What model of the Motorola is it everyone raves about? not particularly looking for the cheapest phone, but heard so many mentions of the Motorola on here.

Thanks!

I seen this one local

https://www.scanmalta.com/newstore/p.../motorola.html
                                Anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

I didn't even watch the fight! You have some really dumb opinions on sport at times and they are sports you follow. Maybe avoid commenting on sports you've no clue about buddy, thinking last night was a set up is full on tinfoil hat the government has my phone bugged levels of dumb.

They will avoid a rematch imo, it would bury McGregor. They'll do something winnable with him and if khabib doesn't retire then they'll try make the ferguson fight which has been jinxed several times.
                                  It's Sitch's usual play with pretty much all high-profile sporting events to troll the followers of that sport on here.

In fairness to you, you didn't really bite. WP.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone??
                                    Moto g6 play is great.

Comment

Any of the Moto G's is grand, moto G5 be grand for the kid, 150ish.

Comment

Moto g6 play is great.
                                        I looked it up on Amazon there. Even although it is only 32g, is it better than the one I put in my post?

I see the one I linked here too on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Any of the Moto G's is grand, moto G5 be grand for the kid, 150ish.
                                          He is 16 though, don't want him to moan about the phone. Teenagers...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            It's Sitch's usual play with pretty much all high-profile sporting events to troll the followers of that sport on here.

In fairness to you, you didn't really bite. WP.
                                            I love the drama McGregor creates and the fighting is usually top class.

He got what he deserved though. Simple as.

Comment

I looked it up on Amazon there. Even although it is only 32g, is it better than the one I put in my post?

I see the one I linked here too on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079SQF4..._t1_B07CGJTL8J
                                              G6 would be better obviously (not sure how much better though) . We got our kid the g6 play, and it's more than good enough.

Comment

G6 would be better obviously (not sure how much better though) . We got our kid the g6 play, and it's more than good enough.
                                                What age is the kid in question?

Comment

He is 16 though, don't want him to moan about the phone. Teenagers...
                                                  What does he do on the phone? If he doesn't play much games it won't really matter which on you get as they'll all be the same.

Comment

What age is the kid in question?
                                                    11. Check with Denny also as he bought it for himself

Comment

He is 16
                                                      What does he do on the phone? .
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Is that not a crazy bpm to be pushing your heart at? Just a quick google suggests that a recommended maximum of 220 minus your age. Now I know we joke a lot about you looking older than you are, but you have to be at least 50.
                                                        Apparently that calculation is irrelevant and while those numbers reflect the norm everyone is different, that I go higher isn't at all a problem for the cardiologists. Two separate ones I have asked both said exactly the same thing; as long as the orthopaedics are allowing me to they have no problem with me running for a few hours at that rate.
                                                        Strew is surely 60+. But then again he has always been 60+ so idk
                                                        He looked 70 about 10 years ago, and then looked 15 years younger more recently. Who knows.
                                                        LOL

I was out last night with some friends I knew first when they were in their late twenties and me being between 7 and 8 years older seemed like a huge gap. Now they are all hitting 50 and suddenly we are all of an age
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What does he do on the phone? If he doesn't play much games it won't really matter which on you get as they'll all be the same.
                                                          At 16, he won't want to be seen with a crap phone in his opinion. Worse with the almost 18-year-old girl. She smashed here Oneplus two days ago and is planning to spend 90% of her wage on the Samsung S9 as she can't be seen with a shitty phone in her opinion. I think she is utterly mental.

He will use for videos and maybe games. FB etc. And whatever 16-year-old boys do with phones

Comment

Crap, I have a load of people flying in on Friday evening, some from Glasgow where its looking like it will be roughest

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Looks like wind, Ted.

This just adds to the Galway trip next weekend. First a booze ban on the train and now this.

How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable
                                                              Seem to me all the uses of this world!
                                                              Fie on't! O fie! 'tis an unweeded garden,
                                                              That grows to seed; things rank and gross in nature
                                                              Possess it merely. That it should come to this!
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The classic Trump media cycle.

Media: Trump did a stupid thing.

White House: Trump did not do the stupid thing. Fake news.

Trump: I did the stupid thing and I'm fucking proud of it.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

At 16, he won't want to be seen with a crap phone in his opinion. Worse with the almost 18-year-old girl. She smashed here Oneplus two days ago and is planning to spend 90% of her wage on the Samsung S9 as she can't be seen with a shitty phone in her opinion. I think she is utterly mental.

He will use for videos and maybe games. FB etc. And whatever 16-year-old boys do with phones
                                                                  The g6 and g6 play look the same

Comment

Looks like wind, Ted.

flying to Paris Friday am. or maybe not. ah well c'est la vie

Comment

11. Check with Denny also as he bought it for himself
                                                                      This is the one I went for. Battery life is all I was looking for really.

Comment

Looks like wind, Ted.

Meant to be bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          browns browning again
                                                                          Bringing the entertainment this year. On the good side of it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            You'd enjoy this one too

Just as it is easier to recognize ill health in someone you haven't seen for some time rather than in someone you meet daily, so a visitor coming into a society from elsewhere often can see its character more clearly than those who live in it. Every few months, doctors from countries like the Philippines and India arrive fresh from the airport to work for a year's stint at my hospital. It is fascinating to observe their evolving response to British squalor.

At the start, they are uniformly enthusiastic about the care that we unsparingly and unhesitatingly give to everyone, regardless of economic status. They themselves come from cities—Manila, Bombay, Madras—where many of the cases we see in our hospital would simply be left to die, often without succor of any kind. And they are impressed that our care extends beyond the merely medical: that no one goes without food or clothing or shelter, or even entertainment. There seems to be a public agency to deal with every conceivable problem. For a couple of weeks, they think this all represents the acme of civilization, especially when they recall the horrors at home. Poverty—as they know it— has been abolished.

Before very long, though, they start to feel a vague unease. A Filipina doctor, for example, asked me why so few people seemed grateful for what was done for them. What prompted her question was an addict who, having collapsed from an accidental overdose of heroin, was brought to our hospital. He required intensive care to revive him, with doctors and nurses tending him all night. His first words to the doctor when he suddenly regained consciousness were, "Get me a fucking roll-up" (a hand-rolled cigarette). His imperious rudeness didn't arise from mere confusion: he continued to treat the staff as if they had kidnapped him and held him in the hospital against his will to perform experiments upon him. "Get me the fuck out of here!" There was no acknowledgment of what had been done for him, let alone gratitude for it. If he considered that he had received any benefit from his stay at all, well, it was simply his due.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...rty-11845.html
                                                                            This was a good read, thanks. Also liked the one about homelessness. Any others?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              Bringing the entertainment this year. On the good side of it this week.
                                                                              Yeah I'm becoming a fan
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Yeah I'm becoming a fan
                                                                                Come taste the sadness.

Comment

Aftermath was a disgrace, and probably a direct result and payback for the bus attack. Chechen mafia versus Dublin knackers. I know who my money's on!
                                                                                  There was nobody from Dublin involved, other than McGregor. He was sitting the on mat when Khabib attacked Danis - an american.
                                                                                  Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  No way with the amount of police/security there would Khabibs men get near Conor if they didn't want them to.
                                                                                  I'm assuming you are trolling and/or didn't see what happened.

Comment

at that rate it doesnt matter what the phone is as lost as it costs more than other peoples

Comment

Saw A star is born tonight. Loved it! Anyone else see it yet? Lady GaGa was brilliant.
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Seeing as HJ is up the side of some Colombian mountain, drinking slightly funky coffee, listening to Donovan records and banging out mantra's

I thought Id pimp this for him for the Monday morning work crowd:

Not much at stake, just king of the internets music

Don't know what the position actually pays, but vote early and vote often!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          There was nobody from Dublin involved, other than McGregor. He was sitting the on mat when Khabib attacked Danis - an american.
                                                                                          Pretty irrelevant tbh, it was Conor's "crew". You sure like to nitpick don't you?

Comment

Pretty irrelevant tbh, it was Conor's "crew". You sure like to nitpick don't you?
                                                                                            Tis relevant to us Dubs who cringe with shame when the scumbaggery is on show. Although I do cheer for McGregor to win .

Comment

For some reason I thought those Subset prints we bought were canvas prints (did think at the time they should have been charging more).
                                                                                              Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                              Not really sure what I was expecting but something better for sure. But still happy with it.
                                                                                              What kinda frame did you go for? One of mine is an awkward size so don't think I can buy a bog standard one, cheapest part of buying prints is buying the actual prints

Comment

What kinda frame did you go for? One of mine is an awkward size so don't think I can buy a bog standard one, cheapest part of buying prints is buying the actual prints
                                                                                                Mine is the same. Keep forgetting to only buy stuff in Ikea frame sizes
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Framing and mounting is expensive all right, was doing so in Brixton recently and was £103 for a fairly standard white frame/mount.

Comment

Callan & Harte in Navan for your framing requirements. Great quality, very keenly priced. Can highly recommend.
                                                                                                    I see JackL is playing the NCH on Dec 2. Tickets booked GAB? I’m thinking an alternative HHE Xmas night out and get some cheese and wine in le Cave afterwards.

Lisa Hannigan and stargaze were phenomenal last night. Little Miss V singing Ireland’s Call here after the excitement of the rugby on Saturday. Sorted for someone to bring me to matches in my dotage.
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The only appointment that made any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        I see JackL is playing the NCH on Dec 2. Tickets booked GAB? I’m thinking an alternative HHE Xmas night out and get some cheese and wine in le Cave afterwards.

Lisa Hannigan and stargaze were phenomenal last night. Little Miss V singing Ireland’s Call here after the excitement of the rugby on Saturday. Sorted for someone to bring me to matches in my dotage.
                                                                                                        Saw Jack L's show 'The 27 club' in Killarney. Got free tickets and wasn't expecting much but it was a cracking night, it was all seated in the INEC and he came down to the floor getting everyone up and the whole place stayed standing and dancing along all night. Great entertainment.

Comment

With Maurice Fitzgerald involved Kerry will surely cakewalk the All-Ireland? The real GOAT.
                                                                                                          Nah, the forwards are there already. It's the backs that need sorting and Donie Buckley is in for that reason. He was involved with Mayo last few years so hopefully he sorts out the Kerry backs also. Still a mile behind the dubs too.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                            Saw A star is born tonight. Loved it! Anyone else see it yet? Lady GaGa was brilliant.
                                                                                                            First film I've seen in about 6 months, also really enjoyed it.

If I had of went into that film and not known it was Lady GaGa I would never have guessed it was her to be honest, looks so much more natural looking I guess. I'd probably have thought it was Scarlett Johansson

Comment

all they are short of domination is a full back line.

Not a bad effort

Comment

With Maurice Fitzgerald involved Kerry will surely cakewalk the All-Ireland? The real GOAT.
                                                                                                                This will be his third year as a selector.

Comment

Some pretty scary shit happening in Brazil.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Russian wrestler attacked an american jiu jitsu coach after the fight, apparently over something he said (he wasn't involved with the bus incidinet). I'm just saying I think blaming Conor or his crew is a bit much.

Post fight antics are disgraceful for the sport. People justifying it need a look at themselves imo. Obviously not directing that at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                      Some pretty scary shit happening in Brazil.
                                                                                                                      been following it the last few weeks, few Brazilians I work with are incensed it's gotten this far

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        The Russian wrestler attacked an american jiu jitsu coach after the fight, apparently over something he said (he wasn't involved with the bus incidinet). I'm just saying I think blaming Conor or his crew is a bit much.

Post fight antics are disgraceful for the sport. People justifying it need a look at themselves imo. Obviously not directing that at you.
                                                                                                                        LOL
                                                                                                                        So you don't see how post fight antics, categorising an ultra violent entertainment product as a sport and ignoring the violent criminal behaviour of the biggest name promoters of the business are all related.
                                                                                                                        Hmmmm.

Comment

been following it the last few weeks, few Brazilians I work with are incensed it's gotten this far
                                                                                                                          Was having a bit of fun trolling a young wan who is very invested in it for the last few weeks but the amusing went out of it with that result!

Not saying he is the start of it but Trump is the malignant tumor eating aw3ay at democracy. This is what you get when you enable pure hatred and malice, WP enablers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X