Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Liking this approach to winning arguments!
    Especially given it was the only way this particular argument could be ‘won’

Comment

Wtf is going on with doughnuts?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
        Is that a regular thing? Sounds like an awful Idea. You'll be watching the fight in 3D is my guess!
        Giving an open bar to a crowd of Irish isn't bright. Giving an open bar to a crowd of McGregor fans is downright stupidity
        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
          Giving an open bar to a crowd of Irish isn't bright. Giving an open bar to a crowd of McGregor fans is downright stupidity
          It's not like they'll all start drinking at 10pm either.

Wouldn't fancy working at it!

Comment

Is that a regular thing? Sounds like an awful Idea. You'll be watching the fight in 3D is my guess!
            I don't know. Just saw a sponsored ad pop up on my Facebook. I've no affiliation to the club and don't know where it's even located. Won't be watching it myself as I've a match at 11am Sunday morning

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Wtf is going on with doughnuts?
              What particular aspect of them are you curious about? The weird way they've become so popular here, years after Dunkin' gave up?
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                What particular aspect of them are you curious about? The weird way they've become so popular here, years after Dunkin' gave up?
                Yeah, this. This massive craziness that's passed me by.

Saw footage on Twitter of about 100 cars queuing for them at 2am in a 24 hour place in Blanch. Wtf?

Comment

It's not like they'll all start drinking at 10pm either.

Wouldn't fancy working at it!
                  I wonder what the thinking is?
                  Are they expecting people to arrive later and nurse pints?
                  It'll be fucking carnage unless it's very clear what a free bar entails
                  plastics bottles and glasses are the order of the day
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Saw footage on Twitter of about 100 cars queuing for them at 2am in a 24 hour place in Blanch. Wtf?
                    I think you have missed the entire phenomenon. I believe we are already past the apex as a few places have gone under
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      I think you have missed the entire phenomenon. I believe we are already past the apex as a few places have gone under
                      Yeah, seems peak doughnut was last year http://www.thejournal.ie/rolling-don...77995-Nov2017/

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        I wonder what the thinking is?
                        Are they expecting people to arrive later and nurse pints?
                        It'll be fucking carnage unless it's very clear what a free bar entails
                        plastics bottles and glasses are the order of the day
                        Having worked the McGregor boxing event full of Irish people, people dont drink as much as you'd think, or they claim they will, especially at that time of the morning

For every person hammering it you will have a good few going easy

However, they are around the corner from a straight blast gym, which makes the potential clientele interesting

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          Yeah, seems peak doughnut was last year http://www.thejournal.ie/rolling-don...77995-Nov2017/
                          Yeah, I thought it was over. This new thing is bizarre. I've never actually bought a non-supermarket donut in my life. I have had gin though. And the occasional burrito under protest.

Comment

Dont really do sweet stuff but I would have thought the donut thing made a lot more sense than the cupcake thing

Comment

That whole Blanch thing is a bit mental. Have to figure it'll die down when the novelty wears off. Hearing local residents on the radio not happy with all the noise and cunts beeping horns at 2am while in the Q.

Comment

There was a queue of 300 people when it opened its doors at 7am on its first day of operation.
                                You'd really wonder about the first person that started queuing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  'Sheep queuing up to be sheared' someone aptly called it on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    'Sheep queuing up to be sheared' someone aptly called it on twitter.
                                    The Calvera principle

"If God didn't want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      That whole Blanch thing is a bit mental. Have to figure it'll die down when the novelty wears off. Hearing local residents on the radio not happy with all the noise and cunts beeping horns at 2am while in the Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        What's your problem with Norman ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Dont really do sweet stuff but I would have thought the donut thing made a lot more sense than the cupcake thing
                                          Cupcakes are much nicer than doughnuts imo.

Comment

The sad thing is that in Ireland the donuts are not even that good, most are bad. Now go to Doughnut Time in London (admittedly a doughnut there is £4.50) and they are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              Was more along lines of what you can do with them and the price charged for what you are getting, but as I said, don't really eat sweet so don't know

Comment

Not as photogenic though. Think that's the real driver

Comment

I heard Shaquille O’Neal was attending the opening of the Krispy Kreme in Blanch - perhaps that explains the fuss? Not sure if he was actually there or not ultimately.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                    ...Anywhere in Hanoi that is showing it, I think about 17:00 on the Sunday 😂...
                                                    Loads of places showing it!

7Fridays Westlake Hostel
                                                    Chopsticks Restaurant
                                                    Puku (Cool bar with decent food)

This is correct.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                      No longer 24 hours

Comment

Tony and I went to Krispy Kreme while we were in Glasgow in July. It was nice, but nothing special and not worth queueing for. I remember when they were opening the store, all the posts from family and friends... you would think it was free cocaine they were handing out.

The Donut Factory here have nicer donuts imo.

Comment

Doughnuts were last year's pulled pork.

I like an ol Krispy Kreme but would never go out of my way to get one.

Taste like what I remember dunkin donuts on Grafton st tasted like

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                            The sad thing is that in Ireland the donuts are not even that good, most are bad. Now go to Doughnut Time in London (admittedly a doughnut there is £4.50) and they are amazing.
                                                            Found them by accident while wandering around near notting hill the last time I was in London. Not worth the price they charge but would buy again (and probably will this weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                              Found them by accident while wandering around near notting hill the last time I was in London. Not worth the price they charge but would buy again (and probably will this weekend)
                                                              Recommend "Heuston, we have biscoff"

As Denny said...

Comment

You'd like to think Theresa May has downed a bottle of gin before this, but she's probably as sober as Trump

Theresa May arrives on stage to Dancing Queen, swaying her hips, in a self-deprecatory reference to her trip to Africa.Subscribe to Guardian News on YouTube ...

Comment

Teresa May is the spit of Arsen Wenger. That awkward dance did it.

Comment

She's no Tony Blair

Comment

Festival of fucking Brexshite my fucking arse.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Apprentice starts tonight

Comment

This makes it more fun for me because i'll recognise all the weird stuff they want, and i've been to Valetta so many times

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Is that religion thing for schools fully gone now?
                                                                                Inshallah
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Lloris back on the hooch

Comment

...

Comment

Hitch where was that reality room ? Off to Paris next week with a gang of fainéant folk.

Comment

Spurs game has turned into a decent match. Messi misses two great chances to make it 4-0. Spurs get it to 2-1 and currently 3-2. Said it before but this coverage by Virgin is class showing every game.

Comment

...

Comment

Movie Review Time.

Anyone who wants to watch something special should have a look at Eight Grade as soon as.

One of the best of this type of film i've ever seen. If the Lead Actress in this doesn't win an Oscar and numerous other awards, there fixed .

If you happen to have a 12-14 yo daughter it might make difficult viewing at times .

As real a film about a current child in this age group as you'll ever see, with what seems very realistic dependence on Social Media etc.

10/10
                                                                                              sigpic
                                                                                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Was in Rennes! But this is their Parisien branch (same game). Would have to book it in advance. Brilliant way to spend money. Just ask them to put the English language version of the game on as they can play it in 20 languages.
                                                                                                Thanks Hitcheyboy

Comment

That he keeps finding new ways of dragging the presidency of the US ever lower is something special.

President Donald Trump mocks Christine Blasey Ford at a rally in Mississippi, parodying her testimony against Brett Kavanaugh. 'What neighborhood was it in? ...

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        That he keeps finding new ways of dragging the presidency of the US ever lower is something special.
                                                                                                        He is a horrible creature but imo he was badly needed to level things off a bit in every sense.
                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Went to Dishoom in Covent Garden for first time last night. Can see why there are 45 minute queues to get in, the spicy lamb chops and the Daal were both unreal, with a "chai cider" to wash them down.
                                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                            Went to Dishoom in Covent Garden for first time last night. Can see why there are 45 minute queues to get in, the spicy lamb chops and the Daal were both unreal, with a "chai cider" to wash them down.
                                                                                                            Hmm, staying up the road from the Shoreditch one this weekend. Smokestak is right around the corner though.....

Comment

Hmm, staying up the road from the Shoreditch one this weekend. Smokestak is right around the corner though.....
                                                                                                              I went to the shoreditch one and it was brilliant as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                Love the look of that menu, looking forward to trying it out next time I'm over.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  He is a horrible creature but imo he was badly needed to level things off a bit in every sense.
                                                                                                                  Yeah right like a good dose of arse cancer is just the trick for leveling things off

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    165 was the top lot of the day at €2,000,000 and 166 was the 2nd top lot of the day at €850,000
                                                                                                                    Very strong trade there a lad could do some damage if he had cash.
                                                                                                                    are you selling anything this week?
                                                                                                                    Good days work for GAB's Sunday Racing project selling on a lovely Camelot filly bought in November for 14K for 65K and IMO good value at that.

Comment

Love the look of that menu, looking forward to trying it out next time I'm over.
                                                                                                                      Heading to London tomorrow, may have to try that
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Daredevil season 3 trailer has dropped.
                                                                                                                        It looks fucking amazing
                                                                                                                        Missing for months, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) reemerges a broken man, putting into question his future as both vigilante Daredevil and lawyer Matthew Murdoc...

Comment

Yeah right like a good dose of arse cancer is just the trick for leveling things off
                                                                                                                          Well I don't claim to know anything about arse cancer but as long as Trump dosn't do anything that leads to a world war it can hopefully be repaired. It'll make people more tolerant I think and that is a good thing. Too much instant impact expectation nowadays, world got a bit too pc as well.

You just have to look at the Brexit reaction to see how things have gone. The anti-Brexit crowd acted like spoiled children in the wake of it. They couldn't hold their shit together and have a bit of common decency. The result of this is that many idiots who voted to leave are even more delighted they did now because of the childish reaction from the pro-Europe side.
                                                                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X