Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after an emergency trip to A&E Saturday night... a 2 hour wait to see triage nurse.. and another 2 to get to a paediatric doctor... it appears our little bundle of puke and poop has cow milk protein allergy and requires formula that is basically 5x more expensive than off the shelf SMA. Literal only saving grace is it's a prescription milk so DPS will limit the pain.
    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Elbows or anyone else that knows.

6 of us golfing for a week in Albufeira in May. What are the best courses of all the Villamoura ones or is there any hidden gems you know of within an hour?
      Not sure as I haven’t been there since I was a kid.

A mate of mine said Quinta South and Laranjal are good.

I played a place called Islantilla which is just across the Spanish border along the coast. It used to hold a European tour event and is one of the toughest courses I ever played. It’s been over 20 years since I played it though
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Or maybe she wants a rapist brought to justice , so he can't rape again.
        She's suing him and wants the previous confidentiality agreement voided. I'd say it's more about the money for her tbh.

Comment

6 of us golfing for a week in Albufeira in May. What are the best courses of all the Villamoura ones or is there any hidden gems you know of within an hour?
          Lucky bastard

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
            So after an emergency trip to A&E Saturday night... a 2 hour wait to see triage nurse.. and another 2 to get to a paediatric doctor... it appears our little bundle of puke and poop has cow milk protein allergy and requires formula that is basically 5x more expensive than off the shelf SMA. Literal only saving grace is it's a prescription milk so DPS will limit the pain.
            Can't you use Soya? We used it for our lactose intolerant kid. Wysoy. 11quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
              Can't you use Soya? We used it for our lactose intolerant kid. Wysoy. 11quid.
              Not suitable under 6 months and as it's more to do with complex proteins soya is as likely to cause problems.

Comment

Not suitable under 6 months and as it's more to do with complex proteins soya is as likely to cause problems.
                Oh dear. Ours has the breast milk then moved on to Soya. If he even eats a yoghurt now his little arse gets the runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                  Oh dear. Ours has the breast milk then moved on to Soya. If he even eats a yoghurt now his little arse gets the runs.
                  Luckily there is a high chance she'll grow out of this by 1st birthday and an almosy certainty by the time she starts school! We're going to have an awful lot of outpatient appointments over the next 12 months I think.

Comment

Poor wee thing. How old is she?

Comment

My other mate said Monte Rai is the best of the lot of them
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Luckily there is a high chance she'll grow out of this by 1st birthday and an almosy certainty by the time she starts school! We're going to have an awful lot of outpatient appointments over the next 12 months I think.
                        Hopefully it all works out man.
                        Is the boob out of the question or same issue?
                        Thankfully dps should help with getting the stuff anyway
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

On the subject of Mickleson and punting. My source tells me the deal is this:

50% of all income goes to the family trust
                          25% goes to 'Amy and the kids'
                          Phil punts the remaining 25% (his preferred vehicle is the NFL)

Most married men can probably relate.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            She's suing him and wants the previous confidentiality agreement voided. I'd say it's more about the money for her tbh.
                            Thats the horrible attitude that makes it so difficult for women to come forward, and possibly part of the reason she took so long.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Thats the horrible attitude that makes it so difficult for women to come forward, and possibly part of the reason she took so long.
                              If she came forward at the start instead of accepting a payoff I wouldn't be so sceptical.

Comment

If she came forward at the start instead of accepting a payoff I wouldn't be so sceptical.
                                Well she was raped.
                                airport, lol

Comment

No matter what her motive is now, it doesn't excuse what he did.

Comment

Well she was raped.
                                    Allegedly.

And she made a decision to take a payoff instead of reporting it.

Comment

Allegedly.

People turn into proper droolers when it comes to football, this situation won't be any different.

Comment

There's not much more I can say when you insist on focusing on the alleged victim more than the alleged dirty bastard rapist.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          No matter what her motive is now, it doesn't excuse what he did.
                                          I 100% agree. Not trying to defend it at all.

Comment

There's not much more I can say when you insist on focusing on the alleged victim more than the alleged dirty bastard rapist.
                                            Is it not supposed to be innocent until proven guilty? Or are we just supposed to believe every woman that ever says she's been assaulted?

This will be like the Paddy Jackson case, those lads are also guilty as hell but I doubt the Ronaldo case will see the inside of a courtroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              ?? And?

Comment

Is it not supposed to be innocent until proven guilty? Or are we just supposed to believe every woman that ever says she's been assaulted?

This will be like the Paddy Jackson case, those lads are also guilty as hell but I doubt the Ronaldo case will see the inside of a courtroom.
                                                Yes we should believe them until we know otherwise, and be respectful under the assumption she is telling the truth while proving or disproving her claim.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Yes we should believe them until we know otherwise, and be respectful under the assumption she is telling the truth while proving or disproving her claim.
                                                  That's a pretty dangerous road to go down regardless of who the complaint is made against. Celeb or regular Joe soap.

Comment

Is it not supposed to be innocent until proven guilty?
                                                    100%

100%, but that doesn't mean you have to attack the accuser and call her money grubbing and someone who will be happy with a bitta money just because the accused played for your chosen sports franchise

Comment

I wish Id stuck to this:

SPOILER
                                                      <.............................>

Comment

100%

100%, but that doesn't mean you have to attack the accuser and call her money grubbing and someone who will be happy with a bitta money just because the accused played for your chosen sports franchise
                                                        I've already said yesterday some time I don't care who the accused is. And I'm not attacking her. I thought we were discussing a case. Just calling it as how it looks

Comment

HJ has already convicted him. Kayroo has him flagged as guilty too based on apparent Documented evidence. Scumbag if he did it but lets see what the courts do/say.

Suprised at EL Shambles franchise comment. Dobby seems the least likely man utd fan to be swayed by that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                            Poor wee thing. How old is she?
                                                            A bit over 2 weeks.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            Hopefully it all works out man.
                                                            Is the boob out of the question or same issue?
                                                            Thankfully dps should help with getting the stuff anyway
                                                            Breast feeding is as likely to present the issue unless herself goes to some fairly extreme lengths with her diet. Secondary issue being milk appears to be mostly suppressed already now.

Comment

Is Cardshark still around or Valor?

I've a buddy going to Buenos Aires in a few weeks, wondeing about places to stay?! Areas to go? Places to eat? Going with his missus. Budget be fairly reasonable Id imagine.
                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Any Shakespeare fans? CourierCollie I think posted recently. The Abbey are showing Richard III this month. Tickets only €20 if booked before midnight tonight. Booked two earlier and seems to be loads available.

Enter promo code RICHARD before going to select seats

Comment

I've already said yesterday some time I don't care who the accused is. And I'm not attacking her. I thought we were discussing a case. Just calling it as how it looks
                                                                  In which case what does her motivation matter?
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                    In which case what does her motivation matter?
                                                                    It doesn't. It's just part of the topic that should be addressed imo. What Honda suggested of just straight up believing all women are telling the truth and all men are guilty is a dangerous precedent to set.

Comment

It doesn't. It's just part of the topic that should be addressed imo. What Honda suggested of just straight up believing all women are telling the truth and all men are guilty is a dangerous precedent to set.
                                                                      Believe them and trust them, the look fully into it obviously. Don't attack her while it's ongoing
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Let's park Honda's argument for a moment. You cannot say that her motivation is not relevant and then say it is relevant as a part of the discussion.

So, assuming you do believe her motivation is relevant - why do you believe that?

Comment

Let's park Honda's argument for a moment. You cannot say that her motivation is not relevant and then say it is relevant as a part of the discussion.

So, assuming you do believe her motivation is relevant - why do you believe that?
                                                                          Does it matter what I think? Nope. But she's already quit her job, has already taken one payout and is currently looking to sue him. So I'd say financial motivation is high up on her list of priorities.

Comment

Believe them and trust them, the look fully into it obviously. Don't attack her while it's ongoing
                                                                            Haven't attacked her once. What do you even mean by attack her?

Pretty much the same as me saying you shouldn't call the accused a dirty bastard rapist. Should the accused person be "attacked" while it's ongoing?

Comment

I'd say financial motivation is high up on her list of priorities.
                                                                              Haven't attacked her once. What do you even mean by attack her?
                                                                              saying soneone has a financial motive for accusing a person of rape is a fairly savage attack IMO
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                saying soneone has a financial motive for accusing a person of rape is a fairly savage attack IMO
                                                                                Thats not an attack and I'm not just saying it, it's a fact. She's already taken a payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Tough world we live in. I assumed you'd ventured out in it. Ronaldo looks guilty . Send him to jail if found so. Why sue ? You really think she's doing it so he won't offend again. In my personal and savage view she is looking for compensation. I would too , for every penny if I could get. Now let's see the real evidence in court. If they were looking just to jail him why advertise these docs. Surely they
                                                                                  Influence the jury pre-trial and damage the chance of a fair trial. Why not wait for court ?

Comment

Does it matter what I think? Nope. But she's already quit her job, has already taken one payout and is currently looking to sue him. So I'd say financial motivation is high up on her list of priorities.

Even if this is true, why does it matter?

Comment

It's fairly central to the situation. They have all this evidence against him, you even said yourself it's more or less a slam dunk. So if she just wants justice, why take the money back then and now try to get some more by suing. I dunno how these things work thankfully but surely upon conviction she'd likely get some form of compensation?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        Is Cardshark still around or Valor?

I've a buddy going to Buenos Aires in a few weeks, wondeing about places to stay?! Areas to go? Places to eat? Going with his missus. Budget be fairly reasonable Id imagine.
                                                                                        I'm here.

How long is he going for?

As for where to stay, I wouldn't be up on the best hotels or anything but in terms of areas, I would probably pick somewhere like Palermo. It's got a lot more tourists but also one of the safer spots. And not too far a journey to almost anywhere in the city.

Places to see - it would depend on how long they are there for, I think.

As for food:

Steak:
                                                                                        • Don Julio - Always a solid choice. Particularly liked the Rib eye there.
                                                                                        • El Mirasol - The mollejas (cow thyroid) are particularly excellent here.

Tasting Menu: El Baqueano - Always one of my favourite places. Excellent tasting menu and great service.

Other(My personal favourite):
                                                                                        Sarkis - Armenian Restaurant with sensational Middle Eastern cuisine.

To be honest though, it's been a couple of years since I was back there, so maybe things have changed a little.

Comment

Let's say for arguments sake it's proven in court she was a high class exclusive hooker . Does it effect your viewpoint? Could she have been trying to trap him ? We don't know the full story
                                                                                          . You know more than me obviously but I reserve my judgement until ALL the details are investigated. I read the reports and made me shudder so I'm not adverse to the book being thrown at him but only through the criminal courts not the internet. As it stands he is innocent and she an escort of sorts the accused. Motive matters . I'm surprised you eliminate it so readily.

Comment

Why does her motive matter?? Either he raped her or he didn’t. Right? Either he committed a heinous crime or he didn’t.

Or are you suggesting that the crime isn’t as bad if her coming forward now is partially or primarily motivated by personal gain?

Comment

Lads I think you are getting bogged down in the motivation argument.
                                                                                              Dobby obviously believes that the financial motivation plays a part. Repeatedly asking "Why does her motive matter?" in different forms isn't going to suddenly change anything.

I'd come at it from a much different angle.

Allegedly.
                                                                                              Originally posted by Dobby
                                                                                              I'm not just saying it, it's a fact. She's already taken a payment.
                                                                                              Dobby, Why do you think he offered her a payoff? What do you think happened that made him feel the need to put hush money on the table?
                                                                                              Bear in mind, he definitely paid her off. It's a fact, as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                Lads I think you are getting bogged down in the motivation argument.
                                                                                                Dobby obviously believes that the financial motivation plays a part. Repeatedly asking "Why does her motive matter?" in different forms isn't going to suddenly change anything.

I'd come at it from a much different angle.

Dobby, Why do you think he offered her a payoff? What do you think happened that made him feel the need to put hush money on the table?
                                                                                                Bear in mind, he definitely paid her off. It's a fact, as you said.
                                                                                                He paid her off because he was accused of rape m8. Have you not read the story.

Comment

Where in the city centre will be showing the McGregor fight this weekend? Have a few guests asking and they don't want to wait to ask some barman if they are showing it etc
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    Where in the city centre will be showing the McGregor fight this weekend? Have a few guests asking and they don't want to wait to ask some barman if they are showing it etc

...Says atm only one place confirmed as showing it is Green isle conference centre in clondalkin...It's 20 euro a ticket though, and they said it'll sell out...

Comment

I need some non-googleable places
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I see Ryanair has just bought back a load of shares. Surprise, surprise.

Market manipulation at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          That gender rant scientist guy has a ridiculously good research record.
                                                                                                          Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                          I see Ryanair has just bought back a load of shares. Surprise, surprise.

Market manipulation at its best.
                                                                                                          They have been buying back shares for years, as the price increased - it clearly isn’t market manipulation it’s just good sense. It gives comfort to existing shareholders that you’re confident in the outlook for the business.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                            Bluebell United are showing it in their clubhouse. €80 a ticket includes food and an open bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                              They have been buying back shares for years, as the price increased - it clearly isn’t market manipulation it’s just good sense. It gives comfort to existing shareholders that you’re confident in the outlook for the business.
                                                                                                              It is. And I won't entertain any counter argument which goes against my view.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                165 was the top lot of the day at €2,000,000 and 166 was the 2nd top lot of the day at €850,000
                                                                                                                Very strong trade there a lad could do some damage if he had cash.
                                                                                                                are you selling anything this week?
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                  It is. And I won't entertain any counter argument which goes against my view.

/thread
                                                                                                                  Liking this approach to winning arguments!
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He paid her off because he was accused of rape m8. Have you not read the story.
                                                                                                                    It is my understanding we are a little bit beyond accusations?
                                                                                                                    The Der Spiegel reporting seems to be rock-solid, top quality journalism that has actual documentation rather than simply repeating an allegation. It's also pretty clear that beyond sputtering indignation, his spokespeople have offered no real refutation on any points of fact
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Bluebell United are showing it in their clubhouse. €80 a ticket includes food and an open bar.
                                                                                                                      ...Anywhere in Hanoi that is showing it, I think about 17:00 on the Sunday 😂...

Comment

WASHINGTON (AP) — The EPA is pursuing rule changes that experts say would weaken the way radiation exposure is regulated, turning to scientific outliers who argue that a bit of radiation damage is actually good for you — like a little bit of sunlight.

The government’s current, decades-old guidance says that any exposure to harmful radiation is a cancer risk. And critics say the proposed change could lead to higher levels of exposure for workers at nuclear installations and oil and gas drilling sites, medical workers doing X-rays and CT scans, people living next to Superfund sites and any members of the public who one day might find themselves exposed to a radiation release.
                                                                                                                        WASHINGTON (AP) — In an early version of a story Oct. 2 about EPA regulation of radiation, The Associated Press reported erroneously in a headline that EPA says a little radiation may be good for you.

This is real news. It's astounding

Comment

Is that a regular thing? Sounds like an awful Idea. You'll be watching the fight in 3D is my guess!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X