Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Eh no. Was a genuine question (still is tbh). Why, would you suggest it's a bit much?
      Obviously yes. Be surprised if you don't end up with a protest walkout and a future boycott of classas
      Last edited by pokerhand; 29-09-18, 21:34.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Eh no. Was a genuine question (still is tbh). Why, would you suggest it's a bit much?
        Let me ask this, why did you have that concern in the 1st place? What part were you concerned about?

By the way know you weren't implying anything off, but curious you specified 50% chinese. Not even sure why that would be even a factor in your thinking tbh, shouldn't make any difference if there were 0%, 10%, 50% or 90% chinese, or what the nationality of the class even is.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
            I'd take Monty over Laura Davies or Richard Boxhall.

And yes McGinley is a brutal pundit. He never says anything of note. He's articulate so people think he's somewhat decent. Rubbish.

Butch is the best they've ever had in there.
            Looking forward to Dougherty taking over Livingston's job. Another arsehole.

I like Butch, but a lot of his repertoire consists of saying "yes he is" to a co commentators remark. Jack Nicklaus used be absolute class when they had him on for majors, I think up to last year. Always insightful and intelligent. Was on Furyk few year back for PGA, he was two clear and 7/4. Before final round Jack straight out said he wasn't in control of his swing and no way he'd win. Got out ( aftertiming cunt i know ) but Jim totally lost swing, load of snap hooks.

McGinley came up with a couple of beauts today, straying from his usual theme of momentum momentum momentum. Firstly he said "the big thing is the big thing" ? then when it was put to him that Bjorn has done a great job, he agreed but added the blueprint was already in place for him, hogging the auld bit of responsibility for how well they were doing. I used like him but he's a total pain in the hole these-days.

Comment

Harsh nicnicnic. The blueprint was there for McGinley too which I believe he alluded to when his team were playing. There are hours /days of footage on Sky. It's harsh to compare a bit of commentary from the Goat to the reactionary commentary of saturated Ryder cup coverage. I even heard on here someone knocking Sean Kelly tour de France commentary. I guess the only way to keep you fusspots happy is to de-ice Peter Alais - good Lord Tigers got his tail up

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                Harsh nicnicnic. The blueprint was there for McGinley too which I believe he alluded to when his team were playing. There are hours /days of footage on Sky. It's harsh to compare a bit of commentary from the Goat to the reactionary commentary of saturated Ryder cup coverage. I even heard on here someone knocking Sean Kelly tour de France commentary. I guess the only way to keep you fusspots happy is to de-ice Peter Alais - good Lord Tigers got his tail up

Blueprint must be down to Monty, bless him.

"Be a Goliath, but always act like a David"

Comment

Well my doubt was that I just remembered the clip as being funny. Jian is a strong character in the show who mainly takes the piss out of the others. But then I watched that clip and was thinking that, in isolation, if someone didn't know the whole show they'd think that this was about mocking dumbass Chinese people. And because a lot of the class are Chinese ...

You're mad overreacting though that anyone would walk out. Not that I'm going to show it if there's a doubt it might be offensive. Which is a pity as it's a perfect clip.
                  There's your answer then.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Judge Brett Kavanaugh (Matt Damon) takes questions from Senators Chuck Grassley (Alex Moffat), Dianne Feinstein (Cecily Strong), Amy Klobuchar (Rachel Dratch...
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                        Maybe, during the world cup final recently I got talking to an American who is leading up some gambling chain here. Lives here now with his US gf who came across with him. His brother is the golf pro in Naples golf club and word around the club is that Mickelson is in deep with the wrong people. Didnt say why but just to watch this space for news.
                        When he switched to Callaway right before the RC a good few years ago the rumour going round was that Ely had paid off a 20m gambling debt for him.

I was at a party last night and heard he’s up to his nuts in debt again and confirmed busto
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          Not as funny as the real hearings.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Footie fans or golf fans ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Had enough of island life Iago?

What are the + factors for Valencia as a matter of interest? Is it basically 'Barcelona at half the price'?
                              Yeah, like most places Malta has it’s pros and cons. A combination of the cons becoming irritating and the fact that Spain was our firct choice anyway (but with zero Spanish it wasn’t accessible) made it an easy enough choice to go. Of course if we had just bitten the bullet 4 years ago we’d have had a far easier time if it with property but that’s the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short

As for why Valencia, you’re right on the money concerning prices, it’s a good bit cheaper than Barcelona for example, but you still get the city experience and vibe.

In no particular order you have the city and the beach, they’ve a 10km long park that runs through the middle of the city (river Turia which was diverted out of the city following one too many floods) which is filled with exercise areas, cycling and running paths, fountains and picnic areas, small cafes etc..just beautiful all round.

There are mountains and hiking trails less than an hour or so from Valencia as well that you can explore and the lifestyle overall really appeals to us. Sitting enjoying coffee or a drink and watching the world go by, 300 days of sun a year, constant events and festivals, two football teams for sport, and the fact that you can explore Spain either by train or by car very easily.

Apart from price, it’s more Spanish than Barcelona and small enough to be local but big enough to be entetaining I guess. We just really liked the vibe when we visited before and so, here we are.
                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Fair play Iago, that sounds like a great move. I want to visit it now.

I'm over right now visiting my parents. They live near Murcia, renting a place in a golf resort. It's nice and all, very secure, picturesque etc, but it's pretty much all ex pat British and Irish people. I keep trying to persuade them to immerse themselves more in Spanish culture and move somewhere else. Valencia sounds ideal.

They won't do it, they're happy though.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Where does someone buy couple of single beds bar IKEA?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Hurry on down to Bargaintown, where the prices are only famous.

Comment

I can't believe you even need to ask.

Comment

I have 200 channels on my mattress TV
                                        I take two spoons of mattress in my mattressy tea
                                        Whooooaaaaahhwhoooahhhhh.....

Comment

Europe 1/100. Hardly worth watching

Comment

Sure that seems a grand result for tesla?

Comment

Want to give a brief intro to machine learning for classification in class, and was thinking this video for the intro. My question: if half the class is Chinese, would they think this has any hints of racism?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIci3C4JkL0
                                              Oh come on man, you can't show that clip without mentioning that they turned the hotdog/not hotdog app into a pretty successful dick pic detector.

You'd be much better off posting this clip to the class (very little to do with machine learning) but a stand out moment in the whole series.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                I have 200 channels on my mattress TV
                                                I take two spoons of mattress in my mattressy tea
                                                Whooooaaaaahhwhoooahhhhh.....
                                                I cant believe i just watched all 3 mins of that video.

Comment

I cant believe i just watched all 3 mins of that video.
                                                  I can't believe you didn't watch it twice!

Comment

Currently putting this off
                                                    Let me know if u get a bargain.
                                                    Was in IKEA last week and almost pulled the trigger on shop model as it was already assembled
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Fuckin useless mcilroy.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        Europe 1/100. Hardly worth watching
                                                        Merica fuck ya!

Comment

In 100 years, if you ask a Spaniard why they did something or why what they did felt so good, don't be surprised if the answer starts "well because of Seve..."

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I miss Kevin Cadle
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                I miss Kevin Cadle
                                                                Where are Shaun Gayle and Cecil this year - I don't like the new duo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Where are Shaun Gayle and Cecil this year - I don't like the new duo.
                                                                  Not sure. Cecil was only there now and then anyway?

Neil Reynolds doesn't cut it he's annoying
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Watching an excellent RedZone stream on ace stream. Never liked the UK commentary. Stream has been flawless so far.

7ec962b7495632b061cb0ed1a3336be7116b3b56

Comment

Comment

The Seeing AI app is probably another way to create a fun buzz around the topic Hitch. I think it is still only available on Apple though. (Bit more info) You hold it up to people, will give gender, age and facial expression.

Opr

Comment

David Davis - Border issue exaggerated, invisible borders are grand because after all you can already freely use sterling down south and euros up north.

That's kinda special, even by his standards.

Comment

Eagles absolutely fucking up OT to lose, grrrrr. Some.good finishes on redzone so far

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                              Eagles absolutely fucking up OT to lose, grrrrr. Some.good finishes on redzone so far
                                                                              browns browning again
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

...

Comment

Went to a Virtual Reality room at the weekend after missing it a few weeks earlier. My god it's amazing. Like unbelievable. That tech is crazy and long live a future where we'll all be virtually fcking androids.
                                                                                  It's so unbelievable it's believable almost?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    When he switched to Callaway right before the RC a good few years ago the rumour going round was that Ely had paid off a 20m gambling debt for him.

I was at a party last night and heard he’s up to his nuts in debt again and confirmed busto

Comment

Urgh, got a 35 hour flying/driving trip to look forward to tomorrow... how do one prepare themselves for that kind of travel?

Think go for a jog in the morning to burn energy might be best?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                        Urgh, got a 35 hour flying/driving trip to look forward to tomorrow... how do one prepare themselves for that kind of travel?

Think go for a jog in the morning to burn energy might be best?
                                                                                        Valium.

Comment

Anyone recommend a good home alarm system?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                            2k to meet Metallica at slane. 15yo me would be disappointed that I'm not snapping it up.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            I may not even snap up standing @100, 15yo me very disappointed.
                                                                                            Welcome to Trumpland

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                              Valium.
                                                                                              This tbh. Cheap and effective

Comment

TSLA up a billion in pre-market again - some sweat

Comment

Your have to wonder what kind of gobshites they have at the top of the Tralee Advertiser to think it's acceptable to print that joke
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Your have to wonder what kind of gobshites they have at the top of the Tralee Advertiser to think it's acceptable to print that joke
                                                                                                    It's one married couple that run it. I know your man, I would never have gotten the impression before that he was a big racist. It's totally bizarre. The only thing I can imagine is that they get jokes sent in and they just copy/pasted this one out of an email without reading it.

It's believable that no one in the graphic design or printing press read it as it would come in every week and be laid out on a template that doesn't change, so normally never needs to be looked at closely.

It actually might be printed in our place, I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Copy and pasting readers submissions without reading? Come on
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

RIP to the original Rainbow man. No not Richie Blackmore.. who is it Zippy.? IT'S GEOFFREY.

Comment

I'm just telling you what I know about it. It's possible the guy or his wife read it and thought it was funny/ok and included it on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            I'm just telling you what I know about it. It's possible the guy or his wife read it and thought it was funny/ok and included it on purpose.
                                                                                                            Ya sorry that came across wrong. Would be a weak excuse from their point. I would have thought no matter how small the publication 2-3 people would need to have read any that goes to print!

Some fella went digging and found a few lighter semi racist jokes previous on same page previous issues. Imagine a tourist reading that thinking that's what papers are like here?
                                                                                                            Such idiots!
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Down a Tom Waits rabbit hole and find this... apparently a famous interview in Australia

Tom, Waits, Heath, Ledger, Joker, Coringa, Inspiration, Inspiração, Interview, Australian, TV, 1979, The, Dark, Knight, Movie, 2008

Comment

Ya sorry that came across wrong. Would be a weak excuse from their point. I would have thought no matter how small the publication 2-3 people would need to have read any that goes to print!

Some fella went digging and found a few lighter semi racist jokes previous on same page previous issues. Imagine a tourist reading that thinking that's what papers are like here?
                                                                                                                Such idiots!
                                                                                                                It's dreadful either way whatever happened, very embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  Sure that seems a grand result for tesla?
                                                                                                                  TSLA up a billion in pre-market again - some sweat
                                                                                                                  Question answered lol.

Comment

It's dreadful either way whatever happened, very embarrassing.
                                                                                                                    Yeah that would loss me off more if it was a Sligo paper, terrible representation. Only thing is that's it's so bad at least nobody would feel it's a representation of the good people of Kerry, well maybe the Healy Raes.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

So had my

moment last night (can't find a longer version):

Play Assassin's Creed® Odyssey with AMD. You are not born a hero. It is the choices you make that eventually make you one. A path to glory or a road to ruin...

They are using Lust for Life to sell computer games man

Comment

A senior scientist has given what has been described as a "highly offensive" presentation about the role of women in physics, the BBC has learned.

At a workshop organised by Cern, Prof Alessandro Strumia of Pisa University said that "physics was invented and built by men, it's not by invitation".

He said male scientists were being discriminated against because of ideology rather than merit.

He was speaking at a workshop in Geneva on gender and high energy physics.

Prof Strumia has since defended his comments, saying he was only presenting the facts.

Cern, the European nuclear research centre, described Prof Strumia's presentation as "highly offensive".

The centre, which discovered the Higgs Boson in 2012, has removed slides used in the talk from its website "in line with a code of conduct that does not tolerate personal attacks and insults".

Prof Strumia, who regularly works at Cern, presented the results of a study of published research papers from an online library.

He told his audience of young, predominantly female physicists that his results "proved" that "physics is not sexist against women. However the truth does not matter, because it is part of a political battle coming from outside".

He produced a series of graphs which, he claimed, showed that women were hired over men whose research was cited more by other scientists in their publications, which is an indication of higher quality.

He also presented data that he claimed showed that male and female researchers were equally cited at the start of their careers but men scored progressively better as their careers progressed.

One study, he told his audience, indicated that "men prefer working with things and women prefer working with people" and another, he claimed, suggested that there was a "difference even in children before any social influence".

As evidence of discrimination against male researchers, Prof Strumia claimed that "Oxford University extends exam times for women's benefit" and "Italy offers free or cheaper university for female (research) students". He also said that he himself was overlooked for a job that he was more qualified for, which was given to a woman.

Dr Jessica Wade, a physicist at Imperial College London who was at the meeting, told BBC News that Prof Strumia's analysis was simplistic, drawing on ideas that had "long been discredited".

"It was really upsetting to those at the workshop," she said.

"There were young women and men exchanging ideas and their experiences on how to encourage more women into the subject and to combat discrimination in their careers. Then this man gets up, saying all this horrible stuff."

She added: "I don't understand how such a forward thinking organisation like Cern, which does so much to promote diversity in research, could have invited him to speak to young people just starting off in their research careers when his ideas are so well known."

In a statement, Cern - which currently has its first ever woman director-general - said that the organisers were not aware of the content of the talk prior to the workshop.

"Cern is a culturally diverse organisation bringing together people from dozens of nationalities. It is a place where everyone is welcome, and all have the same opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation," it said.

A Cern spokesman confirmed that there was a video recording of the presentation. Senior managers would decide whether to release part or all of it, it said.

When the BBC contacted Prof Strumia he said: "People say that physics is sexist, physics is racist. I made some simple checks and discovered that it wasn't, that it was becoming sexist against men and said so."

Last month, Prof Jocelyn Bell Burnell told the BBC she believed that unconscious bias against women prevented them from getting jobs in physics research.

In 2015, Nobel laureate Prof Tim Hunt resigned from his position at University College London after telling an audience of young female scientists at a conference in South Korea that the "trouble with girls" in labs was that "when you criticise them they cry".
                                                                                                                        This is pretty amazing

It's worth it just for the cartoons

SPOILER

He also said that he himself was overlooked for a job that he was more qualified for, which was given to a woman.
                                                                                                                        seems to be the heart of the matter

Comment

It's some oaf transcribing from a 1970's American joke book
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X