Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Its delicious.
    The salad has Spinach, tomato, beetroot, carrot, broccoli, celery, radish, rocket
    mixed in are some pine nuts and pickled beets and spicy peppers.
    Dressing is a really good home made balsamic vinaigrette
    Cheeses are Shropshire blue, Comte and a creamy smelly Camembert type.
    Peri peri smoked mackerel and a half an avocado.
    Strong fish and strong cheese separate is all good for me but not so sure they make the best bedfellows in a salad. But if you like it who cares I guess
    Profit before people.

Comment

Ugh!
      Is it the Achilles that is torn?
      no, thankfully - calf muscle

hoping to be 100% in 3 weeks
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

That's optimistic.
        Great that its not the tendon.

I'm five weeks off running now and I'm hoping to try out a bit of a jog later this week.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So after Mia's Choir the other night , I think a panel pick a few kids from each school to play in The National Choir in Dublin the end of May , . Mia was called out of her class today to sing solo ( moon river , she is Soprano) . . So she should know this week if she made the cut . All excited Obv.

Who sings in the National Concert Hall?
          Each school may send10% of their Sopranos and 10% of their Altos. The National Organiser will notify each school of the number of allocated places before the end of April. NB Schools who have elected to teach only one part eg. Sopranos, will send 5% of that part. They may not send 10% of their choir. Children selected to sing in the National Concert Hall must have excellent singing voices, must know all the words and music and be prepared to sing every song. The Parents/Guardians of the children selected for the National Concert Hall will be required to sign a media release form on behalf of their children.

Dont BBV me now

Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Pity the two semifinals are dead after the first leg.

Comment

Tommy Teirnan absolutely destroying and exposing Iona institute woman for what she is

Comment

That Google locate history seems to have stepped up a notch lately. Very specific where you have been. Was having a look at it pinpointed a pub crawl a few weeks ago to exact times. Last entry was for 2 hours in Burger King. Mrs questioning me on that one. Was in Aquarium

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  That Google locate history seems to have stepped up a notch lately. Very specific where you have been. Was having a look at it pinpointed a pub crawl a few weeks ago to exact times. Last entry was for 2 hours in Burger King. Mrs questioning me on that one. Was in Aquarium
                  Pretty poor pub crawl if you remember where and when you were there imo.
                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 03-05-17, 21:55.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    I'd rather chew on a sock I've worn all day. There are several things in there that I hate.
                    Weird. That's exactly the thought I had and was going to post.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                      Weird. That's exactly the thought I had and was going to post.
                      No, you can't chew on my sock.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                        I love spicy food and hip hop 😢
                        knob

Comment

Its delicious.
                          The salad has Spinach, tomato, beetroot, carrot, broccoli, celery, radish, rocket
                          mixed in are some pine nuts and pickled beets and spicy peppers.
                          Dressing is a really good home made balsamic vinaigrette
                          Cheeses are Shropshire blue, Comte and a creamy smelly Camembert type.
                          Peri peri smoked mackerel and a half an avocado.
                          Drop those cheeses, mash the advocado with diced cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and a little Garlic and you are on a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            No, you can't chew on my sock.
                            Ok Thank You

Comment

Well done to Mia Sat That's amazing !!

Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 01:30.

Comment

It was so sunny this is Gryffin in our Garden.

This is the park behind our house Went for a walk to enjoy the weather.

Flowers on our road

Flowers in our hearth Our house is always full of them

I got some lovely pics of rathfarnham castle too ..i will put them tomorrow.

Minus the fish and avacado that salad sounds delish strew

Comment

Ok Thank You
                                  You can chew my socks....

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

That's a relief. Glad to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                      You can chew my socks....
                                      I should of expected this after you sending me nudes.

Im not a feet guy m8.

Comment

I should of expected this after you sending me nudes.

Im not a feet guy m8.
                                        Awesome cuz i actually now WANT those socks. MUST HAVE...they will make me run faster I KNOW IT

Comment

Awesome cuz i actually now WANT those socks. MUST HAVE...they will make me run faster I KNOW IT
                                          What will you be running away from?

Comment

Hey Sat have you ever thought of taking something musical up yourself My Mom plays the Clarinet. She took it up as an adult ..she just thought why not ?

Anything you ever wanted to learn? DO IT

Comment

What will you be running away from?
                                              Slowness...and standing still...ness...

Comment

Anyone up to date with Better Call Saul?

I've never been so into a show but can wait a few days and the year between seasons.

Anyone got thoughts on it in spoilers?

Comment

Better Call Mike

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Marley House

Rathfarnham castle just outside our village

Comment

Deep breath...oh ...we meet again Naimh Ui bhrian ..that name...

those peeps can show through in many guises.

When I was a kid I was really interested in Music Violin and Singing mainly. So I heard about a group that was part of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann that held classes in a school near me and I thought it would be nice to learn Irish music. I stress. THERE WAS NOTHING political from the outside about this organization. A man called Larry Murphy who had been an FF senator (was known to be an anti gay bigot ) BUT he had CHANGED his name legally. He claimed to be more Irish but I know he changed it to Labhras Ó Murchú so that socially it became ok to use the two ..interchangeably and to cover his views or persona if he needed to. If you were new ...you were introduced to him as 'Larry' so if his name was in the papers saying anti gay stuff ...it was Labhras Ó Murchú.

Well I was there for about 6 months. I met Una Nic Mhathuna who when you FIRST meet her seems the funniest sweetest lady. And I idolized her. Her Dad Seamus Mac Mathuna, was Larry's Partner. He is also father to Niamh Ui Bhriain of Iona Institute/Youth Defense fame, and husband to Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna, who used to scream stuff like go away sodomites to divorce campaigners. Una Mhic Mhathuna's brother is Larry white (again the weird name change shit) who is linked to Saor Eire...he was KILLED in feud by the IRA.

Well as I said ..i wandered in ..thinking THIS IS A PERFECTLY NORMAL MUSIC SCHOOL FOR A KID TO BE IN. After a few weeks. There was a 'vibe' tough guys started hanging around. I just didn't like the people. And the rhetoric changed ....Riverdance wasn't pure ...it was diluted Irish culture. Ireland is a catholic country it's music and culture should respect that. Gaelic native culture can't survive if it's diluted. Well I am as polite as anything ..but I will argue a point to the end If I feel you are evil. SO i did ...but I was a kid so i became 'the uppity kid' ..every time i said something i would be taken on a walk around the school. It was weird. They were weird. Niamh started bringing in leaflets. It was all anti gay stuff. Anti divorce ...anti abortion. She had stuff published in Anti semitic magazines asking for money in the UK.

So I kinda went these people are nut jobs fuck this I refuse to be intimidated by them and left. I tried to get involved in other music groups ..but she would always be there .or larry would ( no one called him labhras EVER) .and it was ...scary. But I went to the fleads anyway. It was pretty weird though. I met other people who had the EXACT same experience and who were also of the opinion it was just simply a way to fund money without attention and to brainwash kids under the guise of music. It was 90% kids. Which is scary. It's basically how they recruit for youth defense and other stuff.

I was only there for a few weeks before I felt I had to object and when I did I was made to feel really uncomfortable and then harassed. So I felt. I felt a bit weird about it ..because these were adults ..and i was a kid.
                                                          Then a year later my Dad calls me into the living room and points at the tv and asks was that once your singing teacher ? I say yes. Then I listen to her go into a mad right wing rant on TV.

They have been arrested lots of times.

Just goes to show though...right wing or rather EXTREME political organizations don't come at you straight ..they creep up...i learnt A LOT from that experience. Go with your gut peeps

Niamhs Mom Uni Nic Mathuna used to scream begone you sodomites to random people on the street ...people think to this day she shouted it at protesters who were supporting the divorce referemdum ..they have it wrong. it was HER protest ..on her own with her sign and she would shout it at random people in the street ..like just random people shopping ! Whatever argument you come up with ...that is NUTS...
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 08:13.

Comment

Comment

I may delete the above post ..it seems too ranty. And we all know Santy gives coal to kids who are ranty!

In all seriousness lads ...i wouldn't piss them off. They are scary.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                  They will never take me alive.

It's the scene from one flew over the cuckoos nest isn't ?

Attach the electrodes to the balls of youth defense please and crank it up.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Don't really get the 'protect mothers from abortion' angle of those posters.

In other news:

Except that it is fake, Obv.

Comment

I know my post seems crazy ..but it's totally true. They use IRA ex cons or have in the past as body guards when they protest. They have marched with NEO NAZI organizations in other countries and published articles in anti semetic magazines and asked for funding from them. And they run and Irish music school. Amongst other things. NUTS!

Now I seem cray cray ...well there...meh

Comment

A friend got a summons today that could not have been sitting in his letterbox for more than a week, to appear in court on the 25th April for having broken a red light over a year ago.
                                                                        This is the first time he has ever heard about the breaking a red light incident and tbh he wouldn't be the type but its not impossible. There is no indication if it was a camera or a guard.
                                                                        The summons issue date is Feb but as I say it couldn't be in the letterbox more than a few days?

Whats his best play here and what sort of fine is the court likely to have already set?#
                                                                        Anyone know what to do here?
                                                                        Sounds like if it has been through the court he's in for 5 points and an increased fine.
                                                                        If he calls the Guard and says WTF is there any way to work it back down to the original two points?
                                                                        Would it be worth hiring a Solicitor for?

Comment

Deep breath...oh ...we meet again Naimh Ui bhrian ..that name...

those peeps can show through in many guises.

When I was a kid I was really interested in Music Violin and Singing mainly. So I heard about a group that was part of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann that held classes in a school near me and I thought it would be nice to learn Irish music. I stress. THERE WAS NOTHING political from the outside about this organization. A man called Larry Murphy who had been an FF senator (was known to be an anti gay bigot ) BUT he had CHANGED his name legally. He claimed to be more Irish but I know he changed it to Labhras Ó Murchú so that socially it became ok to use the two ..interchangeably and to cover his views or persona if he needed to. If you were new ...you were introduced to him as 'Larry' so if his name was in the papers saying anti gay stuff ...it was Labhras Ó Murchú.

Well I was there for about 6 months. I met Una Nic Mhathuna who when you FIRST meet her seems the funniest sweetest lady.

Una taught me in school In Tipperary. Found her fine, got on well with her. I was a brazen pup think she got a kick out of that.
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Anyone know what to do here?
                                                                            Sounds like if it has been through the court he's in for 5 points and an increased fine.
                                                                            If he calls the Guard and says WTF is there any way to work it back down to the original two points?
                                                                            Would it be worth hiring a Solicitor for?
                                                                            If he has the money to YES

Almost 15,000 people will have their penalty points quashed and fines repaid after a massive blunder in the way our roads are policed.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                              Una taught me in school In Tipperary. Found her fine, got on well with her. I was a brazen pup think she got a kick out of that.
                                                                              She is a very dangerous person.
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 08:59.

Comment

She is a very dangerous person.
                                                                                Think she probably copped I wasn't one to mess with.

Whatever about her. The nuns kicked the living shite out of me. Bitches
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Think she probably copped I wasn't one to mess with.

Whatever about her. The nuns kicked the living shite out of me. Bitches
                                                                                  Sorry to hear that. I believe you.
                                                                                  Yep. Some are. Pyschos. It's crazy they got away with it for so long.

Trouble is ..I AM one to mess with. And then seethe quietly

I am very sorry for the ones entrusted with your care abusing your trust like that and their position. It's very traumatizing.

They did the same to my grandmother and my dad.

I think by the time I got to school ..the scandal had broken and it was a diff order from my grandmother...and the law was different. I can understand why people hate them ...if they have been through that though. I would too. Totally.

It's weird though...ALL these people ..target kids. To recruit. You would think they would be the last you let near kids.

Now for something nicer ...I don't like being hateful. It's not good to hate anyone. I feel I am bringing the tone of the Forum to a bad place and I don't like that.

Here is the old library near us

I forgive you youth defense....mainly because you are too crazy for anyone to take seriously. SO it's best to laugh. I get too serious...
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 09:01.

Comment

Did you ever inform anyone about what the nuns were doing sat?

Comment

Bbv needs more peaceandfire posts.

Comment

I kicked a nun in the shin in my first day of school as a 4year old.
                                                                                        Made me sit beside a girl when wanted to sit beside my friend.
                                                                                        Also remember her breaking a ruler over Robert Darcys hand great people altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                          Bbv needs more peaceandfire posts.
                                                                                          It REALLY would be one flew over the cuckoos nest then!

Thanks though

SAT YOU SHOULD SOOO SUE THOSE NUNS! Seriously ..i am actually serious.

Comment

I kicked a nun in the shin in my first day of school as a 4year old.
                                                                                            Made me sit beside a girl when wanted to sit beside my friend.
                                                                                            Also remember her breaking a ruler over Robert Darcys hand great people altogether.
                                                                                            I am glad you kicked her shin.
                                                                                            Good. That is ..good.

Comment

No it was the norm as far as I was Concerend. Just bothered me all the business owner daughters ie the rich kids never got a clatter. Anyone from a council estate normally got the hidings.

Who was I gonna tell anyway. As far as I was concerned I was a, bold kid who deserved to get a, slap every now and then.
                                                                                              Ah didn't do me any harm tbh. I deffo deserved a few of them anyway lol. I'm talking now a tug of an ear or a, light clatter across the head as sister Claude was passing my desk and me acting the maggot as usual.

I genuinely was in fucking dread of my life of her. A nasty piece of work she was.

Then somehow now as an adult I think kids should be slightly scared of their teachers, as far as I can see kids have no respect or fear of teachers now. Teachers getting stabbed and beaten up these days.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

No it was the norm as far as I was Concerend. Just bothered me all the business owner daughters ie the rich kids never got a clatter. Anyone from a council estate normally got the hidings.

Who was I gonna tell anyway. As far as I was concerned I was a, bold kid who deserved to get a, slap every now and then.
                                                                                                Ah didn't do me any harm tbh. I deffo deserved a few of them anyway lol. I'm talking now a tug of an ear or a, light clatter across the head as sister Claude was passing my desk and me acting the maggot as usual.

I genuinely was in fucking dread of my life of her. A nasty piece of work she was.

Then somehow now as an adult I think kids should be slightly scared of their teachers, as far as I can see kids have no respect or fear of teachers now. Teachers getting stabbed and beaten up these days.
                                                                                                I think Nuns have this sense that middle class or upper class people are morally superior. I actually think we all think like that. That they/we know more about politics or morality. Instead of asking how people need help. Or how can I help you. They lecture ..on how they should do it all by themselves. There is a sense if you from a certain area. OR if something bad has happened to you. Well 'you must be there for a reason'. Which is not true and stupid. They feel the discrimination is justified. That the snobbery or different treatment is justified. When that is bs. There is no such thing as a bold child....not inherently.

I don't have children myself. So I can't say for sure I know what i am talking about. I don't think kids should be afraid. I think they should like their teachers and respect them. But teachers ...they have to have a certain knack with kids. Balance between inner discipline and still being gentle and mild mannered with kids. Obv not all kids are the same though.

Also I have no kids ...and you do ..so I can't say i am that confident i know what I am talking about

Comment

Ya teachers getting stabbed the whole time sounds like one of those asti posts you see on facebook.
                                                                                                  Our emmbers regulary get lynched restore our pay to boom levels we only think of the students.

Comment

Sat Nav ..you are not bold ...

Comment

Ya teachers getting stabbed the whole time sounds like one of those asti posts you see on facebook.
                                                                                                      Our emmbers regulary get lynched restore our pay to boom levels we only think of the students.
                                                                                                      Teachers are pretty vital though....in fairness. I don't claim to know what their pay should be though.

Comment

If the state sued the nuns ...we could give THAT money to the teachers!

Comment

If the state sued the nuns ...we could give THAT money to the teachers!
                                                                                                          And Sat Nav!

Comment

Right enough talk of the penguins....

I have to send money abroad have the Iban Bic. Can I do it from my ulster bank app or do I have to walk the whole way across the road to the bank and queue
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I know my post seems crazy ..but it's totally true. They use IRA ex cons or have in the past as body guards when they protest. They have marched with NEO NAZI organizations in other countries and published articles in anti semetic magazines and asked for funding from them. And they run and Irish music school. Amongst other things. NUTS!

Now I seem cray cray ...well there...meh
                                                                                                              You're not even scratching the surface on those lunatics. Some interesting research on lolek over on boards. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056575195

Comment

Right enough talk of the penguins....

I have to send money abroad have the Iban Bic. Can I do it from my ulster bank app or do I have to walk the whole way across the road to the bank and queue
                                                                                                                Up to 300 from the app as a one time payment... Any more and you have to set up a payee using the card reader.

Comment

Any pics of Bolton Hall P&F?
                                                                                                                  I used to live there for a few years but the last I heard it had burned down. Some kids had tried to set fire to the servants quarters out the back when I was there.

Comment

Up to 300 from the app as a one time payment... Any more and you have to set up a payee using the card reader.
                                                                                                                    It's grand. Walked the whole way to the ulster bank. Approx 200 steps, no queue. Cashier said my perfume was lovely, the app wouldn't give compliments like that. So I'm happy 😊
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Another bonkers coincidence today, this one's mad.

Yesterday I was in a Topaz near the airport and I thought I saw a guy I went to school with. Haven't seen this guy in 23 years, haven't thought about him in probably 20 years.

He was beside me in the queue in a Texaco in Blanch today.

What.The.Fuck?
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Yesterday I was in a Topaz near the airport and I thought I saw a guy I went to school with. Haven't seen this guy in 23 years, haven't thought about him in probably 20 years.

What.The.Fuck?
                                                                                                                        Had a great one during the snooker on Monday. I said to the lads I was watching it when it went 16-14 that it was about time for Dennis Taylor to say 'as long as your opponent needs TWO frames, you always feel like you have a chance'...3 seconds later out he comes with those exact words.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

What.The.Fuck?
                                                                                                                          It's the secret

Always happens me too
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X