Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

When you pre order a kindle book, on release date is it available at midnight or can it be available at any point throughout the day? Assume that kindle will sync instantly for the purposes of the question. It been quite a while since I've done this.

Comment

You come across all sorts of mad shit while killing time in A&E.

So where would you like your remains flushed? Somewhat disappointed this guy didn't go for Flushing Meadows.

Might get mine dumped down the dumper in the Sporting Aquarium.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
          Are there any Irish poker players on Twitch? I was looking last night and couldn't spot any, which seems strange... It's amazing the numbers of viewers/followers that Hearthstone streamers get; I haven't played in a few years at this point but it looks to have gone from strength to strength in recent times.
          I am only after recently discovering Twitch through watching people playing Video games on YouTube.

I am now constantly watching YouTube vids of people playing old Mario games and the new Zelda game even though I don't play any games myself.... (WTF is wrong with me?! I watch OTHER PEOPLE play Video games.) I turn on Twitch if there are no new vids up.

I also watch all of Tonkaa and JaimeStaples videos on Youtube of their stream highlights.

I watch 5/6 poker vlogs also.

I rarely have time for TV anymore and my GF thinks I'm a nerd. Some craic though.
          Last edited by eoghan104; 03-05-17, 11:32.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              I am only after recently discovering Twitch through watching people playing Video games on YouTube.

I am now constantly watching YouTube vids of people playing old Mario games and the new Zelda game even though I don't play any games myself.... (WTF is wrong with me?! I watch OTHER PEOPLE play Video games.) I turn on Twitch if there are no new vids up.

I also watch all of Tonkaa and JaimeStaples videos on Youtube of their stream highlights.

I rarely have time for TV anymore and my GF thinks I'm a nerd. Some craic though.
              People watching other people play games is beyond boring. What the point?
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                Couldn't agree more and would have scoffed at someone doing it a few months ago.

I started for the Mario nostalgia and then got hooked.

Comment

Comment

All depends on who you're watching. If they're highly skilled, entertaining and educational, there's tons of reasons to want to watch someone on Twitch. I used to watch Rich Stanton play Bloodborne because it made me better at the game.

I wonder should i start streaming my Dwarf Fortress sessions.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Any good? Seem to have good ratings online, might give it a spin.
                      "Show!" means A+

"Show!" Is also why my career as a film reviewer never really took off

When money becomes marbles:

A new study sheds rare light on attitudes to wealth and inequality among the UK’s top 1% – and reveals that even when you’re rich, you can still feel disadvantaged by ‘vast income inequality’

Comment

Couldn't agree more and would have scoffed at someone doing it a few months ago.

I started for the Mario nostalgia and then got hooked.
                        Dopamine zombie stuff. No worse than TV . Turn em all off when the sport is over.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                          All depends on who you're watching. If they're highly skilled, entertaining and educational, there's tons of reasons to want to watch someone on Twitch. I used to watch Rich Stanton play Bloodborne because it made me better at the game.

I wonder should i start streaming my Dwarf Fortress sessions.
                          Will you be doing jokes?

Will you do it dressed as Eoin McLove?

I am now your agent!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Isn't that literally what being a football fan involves? Not that that excuses it.
                            I watch videos of Irish footballer David Meyler playing FIFA on his xbox
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                              Will you be doing jokes?

Will you do it dressed as Eoin McLove?

I am now your agent!
                              No routines, just my natural responsive hilarity.

Do you mean will I be wearing a lovely jumper? It's almost guaranteed.

Sweet. Will send you 10% of all revenue regardless of results.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A lovely jumper is a must as is the occasional bit of cake

Lovely jumpers will come from some arsey tourist shop in town that sell wool wank to yanks

Cake will be sponsored, preferably by a COGTFO, but any wanky cake/coffee shops patronage will do!

See, only on the job 2 minutes and have already imagineered two revenue streams

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  A lovely jumper is a must as is the occasional bit of cake

Lovely jumpers will come from some arsey tourist shop in town that sell wool wank to yanks

Cake will be sponsored, preferably by a COGTFO, but any wanky cake/coffee shops patronage will do!

See, only on the job 2 minutes and have already imagineered two revenue streams
                                  Lovely. If you can get Bulmers on board I'll up you to 15%.

Comment

Whatever about watching streaming of those things, why would most people stream their play in anything? I assume they can make money out of it? Surely the vast majority would make less than a pittance though? Is it a vanity thing?

Comment

I definitely fall more onto the 'I'd rather play my game poorly than watch an expert play his/her game' side of the argument than the other, but have also enjoyed watching League of Legends, poker and even Hearthstone yesterday on Twitch.

Am currently about 35 hours into Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's a god damn masterpiece of a game. 100+ hours there for sure. Highly recommend it.

Comment

10% of all revenue - pretty big move.

Do you want me to send on your P60 to him and you can sort out the payment or will I just get payroll to deduct at source.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Whatever about watching streaming of those things, why would most people stream their play in anything? I assume they can make money out of it? Surely the vast majority would make less than a pittance though? Is it a vanity thing?
                                          Definitely vanity for most bog-standard streamers, no dough to be made unless you have sufficient eyeballs on your stream to make the traffic a commodity. But the dream of making a million via your gaming skills or via time you'd already be spending on your hobby is a powerful one... would love to make a living from fighting my way through The Witcher 3 or exploring Hyrule in the latest Zelda!

Comment

Majority of people I know would watch twitch, it's great tbh.

Isn't that literally what being a football fan involves? Not that that excuses it.
                                            Football should technically be more boring, at least on twitch the person is interacting with the audience, is generally quite funny to be popular, gives away prizes, plays the game with you etc.

Most people watching on twitch actively play the game as well, instead of just being a fan of other people playing a sport they don't play. It has an aspect of teaching you to be better as well since the people you watch will generally be pretty good.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            There is a lot of money and fame in streaming, it's like a more modern version of being a celebrity. If they get a following they become millionaires, and you don't just get a following overnight so there are a lot of people working towards it. To get money there are a few ways, people pay a monthly subscription, donate to you and companies sponsor you. Some people do it for fun or vanity or whatever.

I've seen people get individual donations of tens of thousands, one guy I watch has 42,000 subscribers paying €5 a month to him/twitch (€210,000 pm before donations and sponsorship). I was watching him the other day and he got 5k donations in the half hour I was watching.

My real question is who are these people donating, there are so many. They are giving money to rich people that are driving luxury cars, it's weird. A part of it feels very insidious in that a lot of young people would be donating just to be noticed by some random person online that they watch.

EDIT: forgot to say there are also ads, so they get money from that too.
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 03-05-17, 13:28.

Comment

Comment

Heads up to anyone interested in history.

OPW are doing tours of the old magazine fort in the phoenix park. Very interesting and exceptional views of Dublin. Place is basically a building site at the min but great to see it now and then go again when finished with the restoration imo. They leave from Visitor Centre (bus up and down) and are free. 10, 12, 2 and 3.30 every Fri and Sun. Kids need to be kept on a leash !!

The 2 running the tour are gas, reminded me of the husband and wife in Father Ted

Comment

Isn't the unspoken rule to be a decent earner on twitch from donations, that you should be a teen girl streaming your play wearing a short skirt? Have never used it, but kinda picked that up from reddit.
                                                  It's far easier to be popular and get money if you are a girl, at that stage they may as well be on a cam site though. Most of the top streamers will be guys, it's the mid tier that will be a lot of sexy wimmin.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    Hillary:I take full responsibility for my defeat. But I lost because of men,Russia and comey
                                                    Best bit is where she says if the election had been held on oct 8th Nate silver says she would have won. Nate silvers figures were showing her winning on actual election date too
                                                    Bring on chelsea
                                                    Complete bollocks
                                                    Hillary:I take full responsibility for my defeat.
                                                    Lets look at some of the things that cost us.

Trump: I stand by nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                      It's far easier to be popular and get money if you are a girl, at that stage they may as well be on a cam site though. Most of the top streamers will be guys, it's the mid tier that will be a lot of sexy wimmin.
                                                      Was playing a game of Dota a few weeks ago with a player named Webcamslut. She kept spamming the chat saying she was playing naked right now on Bongacams.

SPOILER
                                                      She was. It was class.

Comment

Isn't the unspoken rule to be a decent earner on twitch from donations, that you should be a teen girl streaming your play wearing a short skirt? Have never used it, but kinda picked that up from reddit.
                                                        My boss is Korean and was showing me an app that's outrageously popular over there - it's basically streams of young, attractive girls that react to the amounts they are being gifted on a live stream. Pretty much a 'pay for giggles' concept, someone gives them $100 and they pull a moderately excited face and giggle for a second or two, someone gives them $2,000 and they lose the plot with manic, high-pitched giggling - it's the maddest thing ever and some of them get many hundreds of thousands in donations per year. Twitch is straightforward and boring in comparison. Those crazy Asians!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Complete bollocks
                                                          Hillary:I take full responsibility for my defeat.
                                                          Lets look at some of the things that cost us.

Trump: I stand by nothing.
                                                          Any lunch?
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I love spicy food and hip hop 😢

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                              Any lunch?
                                                              Big salad, bit of Mackerel and three types of cheese, Yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                I love spicy food and hip hop 😢
                                                                Dont worry nobody will confuse you for a 23 year old

Comment

Comment

Seattle today: (How I imagine flying with Zuutroy would go ) https://zippy.gfycat.com/DependableParallelBanteng.webm

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        Seattle today: (How I imagine flying with Zuutroy would go ) https://zippy.gfycat.com/DependableParallelBanteng.webm
                                                                        Holy shit...how does that even happen. Looks like a Cherokee if I was to guess.

Comment

Bag of monster munch, five types in of spice
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Anyone watched American Gods? Wondering if it's worth the time to start watching yet

Comment

That sounds absolutely fucking horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  Anyone watched American Gods? Wondering if it's worth the time to start watching yet
                                                                                  watched it.
                                                                                  Loved it
                                                                                  Would probably be better binging it

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    watched it.
                                                                                    Loved it
                                                                                    Would probably be better binging it
                                                                                    I watched to too, wondering what you loved about it. it seemed okay to me

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                      I watched to too, wondering what you loved about it. it seemed okay to me
                                                                                      figuring out what characters refer to what gods was fun.
                                                                                      The noose imagery used throughout the ep was clever and well done.
                                                                                      As an opener it dragged me in and prompted me to hunt down the source material to read now.

Comment

Let's just hope Lappin doesn't follow suit :-D
                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Thank fuck my younger kids have grown out of Minecraft, I could have killed Stampybignose!

Comment

What a goal from Juve.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                              What a goal from Juve.
                                                                                              Yeah, some back heel to pick Higuaín out!

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                                                                                Thank fuck my younger kids have grown out of Minecraft, I could have killed Stampybignose!
                                                                                                My youngest has ditch her XBox and now plays the game Roblox constant. I was a bit weary at first but her spelling and typing skills have totally came on. She was 7 just after Christmas and can spell words now like neighbour and other longish words.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  My youngest has ditch her XBox and now plays the game Roblox constant. I was a bit weary at first but her spelling and typing skills have totally came on. She was 7 just after Christmas and can spell words now like neighbour and other longish words.
                                                                                                  What about marmalade?

Comment

Can we get back to Strewels dinner. Least appetizing mix I've ever read.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I literally love Buffon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        I felt ill for a good 15 minutes after reading that post.

Comment

...

Comment

Teresa May seems to be trying to win (which she certainly will) in the least convincing way possible. Bit of a woeful time for the UK to be stuck with two such awfully led parties
                                                                                                            So... France ya!?

Comment

A friend got a summons today that could not have been sitting in his letterbox for more than a week, to appear in court on the 25th April for having broken a red light over a year ago.
                                                                                                              This is the first time he has ever heard about the breaking a red light incident and tbh he wouldn't be the type but its not impossible. There is no indication if it was a camera or a guard.
                                                                                                              The summons issue date is Feb but as I say it couldn't be in the letterbox more than a few days?

Whats his best play here and what sort of fine is the court likely to have already set?#

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  Its delicious.
                                                                                                                  The salad has Spinach, tomato, beetroot, carrot, broccoli, celery, radish, rocket
                                                                                                                  mixed in are some pine nuts and pickled beets and spicy peppers.
                                                                                                                  Dressing is a really good home made balsamic vinaigrette
                                                                                                                  Cheeses are Shropshire blue, Comte and a creamy smelly Camembert type.
                                                                                                                  Peri peri smoked mackerel and a half an avocado.

Comment

Its delicious.
                                                                                                                    The salad has Spinach, tomato, beetroot, carrot, broccoli, celery, radish, rocket
                                                                                                                    that sounds great tbf

I'm sofa-bound*, expecting a delivery of same tomorrow.

*went into Mater Private, got scanned. Grade 2, close to 3 tear. Crutches for a few weeks, no trip to Lords this Sunday. My Ireland cricket jinx continues although in an unexpected way.
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tv3 trying too hard with assassins. Cringe worthy stuff.

Comment

Its delicious.
                                                                                                                        I'd rather chew on a sock I've worn all day. There are several things in there that I hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          that sounds great tbf

I'm sofa-bound*, expecting a delivery of same tomorrow.

*went into Mater Private, got scanned. Grade 2, close to 3 tear. Crutches for a few weeks, no trip to Lords this Sunday. My Ireland cricket jinx continues although in an unexpected way.
                                                                                                                          Ugh!
                                                                                                                          Is it the Achilles that is torn?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X