Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Ah just thought it was a funny comment on 10 years ago around when Lehman Bros collapsed.
      I remember visiting Lehman in Canary Wharf in 2006. We were looking for a prime briker at the time (lucrative business). They stood out, even then as the biggest bunch of wankers in the business.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So Keane is a psychotic lunatic and in other news the sky is blue! Very informative day.

Comment

Ireland have been absolutely shit lately. Looks to me like Keane has had enough and thinks some players are ripping the piss having a jolly on International breaks. Fair enough. That kind of language and clashes are standard within the culture of soccer or at least certainly were in my experience. His position is probably GG but not sure if it should be, players really look like they dont give a fuck lately.

Comment

lol, bullseye.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              They'd never throw Ward out of the team for telling the story to his mates would they?
              They should, he's shite anyway.
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                They should, he's shite anyway.
                Sure aren't they all? Not worth watching while O'Neill is in charge anyway.

Comment

Getting extra coffee wankery buying a gift in London, description is like on wine... "baked green apples, peaches and dates with a hint of lingering spice" but it actually has those things ground in with it. Can see the roastery from the shop. Tastes amazing. ☕

Been hanging out in Google here and it's just unreal there. What a place to work.
                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-09-18, 11:06.

Comment

Talking to a girl I know that is going to her fourth wedding this year and I realised that only one of my friends has got married, even in my extended circle there's few engagements and even fewer weddings. Our group must be an outlier, seems like a lot of people around my age are bogged down with invitations, or maybe I'm just more aware of the few that are.
                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-09-18, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Talking to a girl I know that is going to her fourth wedding this year and I realised that only one of my friends has got married, even in my extended circle there's few engagements and even less weddings. Our group must be an outlier, seems like a lot of people around my age are bogged down with invitations, or maybe I'm just more aware of the few that are.
                      I've been very pleased to have no weddings to go to this year, have 3 on the books for next year already

Comment

Talking to a girl I know that is going to her fourth wedding this year and I realised that only one of my friends has got married, even in my extended circle there's few engagements and even less weddings. Our group must be an outlier, seems like a lot of people around my age are bogged down with invitations, or maybe I'm just more aware of the few that are.
                        4 is not anything to be worried about. My record year was 14 weddings and groomsman for 3 of them 3 weekends in a row. It was not the cheapest year and would not like to have to do it again.

Comment

Rather ludicrous goings-on in the cricket.

India gone from 500/1 to having a real sniff of victory.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            4 is not anything to be worried about. My record year was 14 weddings and groomsman for 3 of them 3 weekends in a row. It was not the cheapest year and would not like to have to do it again.
                            This is why divorce was outlawed back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              Invited to a wedding in Canada next year.
                              I really want to go but the price alone is enough to curl my teeth.
                              It's not in a touristy area so finding it hard to justify a few grand for herself/meself and deadpigeon.
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                Swift change of the slogan from say nope to the pope to say nope to the dope. Will he actually come though?

Colour me shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Rather ludicrous goings-on in the cricket.

India gone from 500/1 to having a real sniff of victory.
                                  ...Well done there Raoul, good use...But they've blown it now...

Comment

I remember visiting Lehman in Canary Wharf in 2006. We were looking for a prime briker at the time (lucrative business). They stood out, even then as the biggest bunch of wankers in the business.
                                    That’s an impressive claim, standing out as the biggest bunch of wankers in an industry full of wankers, actually in an industry where being a wanker is seen as a redeeming feature.

Comment

120+ for a gansey? Lol Jumper wankers

Comment

Disclaimer, only got few hours sleep last night and hamstring w little tight this morning

However, first Ryanair flight in 20 years, hamstring and calf really tight during flight, felt like shit for most of it, ears popping a lot more than usual on flights and eyes Stung a little bit

Felt like there was fuck all oxygen in the air

Ryanair regs, is it just a coincidence?

Comment

The bit on Keane is gold... https://www.theguardian.com/football...-roy-keane-row

Comment

My fav cover ever. Birthday boy RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              Disclaimer, only got few hours sleep last night and hamstring w little tight this morning

However, first Ryanair flight in 20 years, hamstring and calf really tight during flight, felt like shit for most of it, ears popping a lot more than usual on flights and eyes Stung a little bit

Sounds like a you thing, not a Ryanair thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

All commercial aircraft are pressurised such that the equivalent altitude of the cabin is about 7000-8000 ft. Lower = more comfort for passengers, higher = less stress on the pressure bulkheads. You'd imagine Ryanair would have it set high but typically unless you were very unfit you wouldn't feel any ill effects of hypoxia below about 8000 ft, but it's not unheard of. The main problem is the air is incredibly dry...usually around 10% humidity compared with about 50% in normal Irish air. That's the main thing that makes air travel horrible...well, that and all the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                  That’s an impressive claim, standing out as the biggest bunch of wankers in an industry full of wankers, actually in an industry where being a wanker is seen as a redeeming feature.
                                                  It really is. Even the hardcore wankers with me were forced to acknowledge their supremecy of the wanker art form.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Sounds like a you thing, not a Ryanair thing.
                                                    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    All commercial aircraft are pressurised such that the equivalent altitude of the cabin is about 7000-8000 ft. Lower = more comfort for passengers, higher = less stress on the pressure bulkheads. You'd imagine Ryanair would have it set high but typically unless you were very unfit you wouldn't feel any ill effects of hypoxia below about 8000 ft, but it's not unheard of. The main problem is the air is incredibly dry...usually around 10% humidity compared with about 50% in normal Irish air. That's the main thing that makes air travel horrible...well, that and all the people.
                                                    Cool, just a bad day at the office so, has to be said, I did like the lack of seat in front crashing down on my knees

Comment

Sky mix have Ireland game . Usually free to air

Comment

In London for week, mate I'd planned spending weekend on piss with going to Bilbao on Saturday, looks like I might be going to Bilbao for weekend if I can sort flights

Comment

I fly with them loads, no complaints at all apart from once or twice they are quite late leaving Gatwich but no idea if that is their fault. My ears felt weirder in the Sky Garden in London than in the plane. Actually quite like that everybodies bags are in the hold now and there is no messing around.

Comment

I fly with them loads, no complaints at all apart from once or twice they are quite late leaving Gatwich but no idea if that is their fault. My ears felt weirder in the Sky Garden in London than in the plane. Actually quite like that everybodies bags are in the hold now and there is no messing around.
                                                            Last 3/4 times I've flown Ryanair, the aircon has been turned so low that people started feeling uncomfortably hot and made complaints.

Not sure if there is some weird policy in place.
                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 11-09-18, 21:14.

Comment

Just catching up on The Town on RTE, so far iv signed up 2 out of the first three characters ��

I'm not a Catholic as ye know but father paddy some crack in the bookies. He's a bit of a ledge around these parts. Earns 18 k per Yr and leaves some to the bookies If ye haven't seen it, look it up. 2 eps on. Portlaoise so far. We sound like a bunch of knackers
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  Just catching up on The Town on RTE, so far iv signed up 2 out of the first three characters [emoji23]

I'm not a Catholic as ye know but father paddy some crack in the bookies. He's a bit of a ledge around these parts. Earns 18 k per Yr and leaves some to the bookies If ye haven't seen it, look it up. 2 eps on. Portlaoise so far. We sound like a bunch of knackers
                                                                  It is called reality tv for a reason [emoji12][emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                    It is called reality tv for a reason [emoji12][emoji6]
                                                                    How am I not on it! Quality viewing tbf
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Last 3/4 times I've flown Ryanair, the aircon has been turned so low that people started feeling uncomfortably hot and made complaints.

Not sure if there is some weird policy in place.
                                                                        Maybe those worked as on my last flight the guy next to me had it blasting at us and I was freezing.

Comment

And now for your impressive next trick: who are the current shower of wankers who have a bit of a chance to be the next Lehman?
                                                                          Hard to look beyond Deutsche really, although they do have the invisible backstop.

US banks are coining it. JPM will make 30bn+ this year.

Comment

Or if you're talking wankerness, I guess Goldmans are the biggest bunch of pricks out there.

Comment

Going to a meeting in my area tomorrow about the proposed bus changes, anybody got some questions they think I should ask?
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Talking to a girl I know that is going to her fourth wedding this year and I realised that only one of my friends has got married, even in my extended circle there's few engagements and even fewer weddings. Our group must be an outlier, seems like a lot of people around my age are bogged down with invitations, or maybe I'm just more aware of the few that are.
                                                                                Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                I've been very pleased to have no weddings to go to this year, have 3 on the books for next year already
                                                                                Was invited to 4 weddings this year, 2 I ended up not making because of work stuff one I just didn't want to go to and the other was been pushed back till 2020.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  Going to a meeting in my area tomorrow about the proposed bus changes, anybody got some questions they think I should ask?
                                                                                  Only if it comes up in passing but if you could keep your ears peeled for any news on the 18.

A friend of mine on Brandon Road (pregnant, two young twins, night shift nurse) gets it directly to Sandymount for work and can't figure out if it is gone for good or just not passing along the Drimnagh Road anymore. Seems to be conflicting reports out there.

We presume she'll probably have to get two busses now.

Also tell them not to fck with the 123 - Drimnagh's little secret! Everyone loves that service.

Thanks Danny.

Comment

Was invited to 4 weddings this year, 2 I ended up not making because of work stuff one I just didn't want to go to and the other was been pushed back till 2020.
                                                                                    Invited to 2 weddings at end of Nov this year but wife is due in middle of them so can politely refuse to attend. Win win all round.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                      Invited to 2 weddings at end of Nov this year but wife is due in middle of them so can politely refuse to attend. Win win all round.
                                                                                      Does it feel weird writing that. Congrats.

Comment

Comment

Could they honk the horn going by da mudders house?

Comment

Arrived home from London and 8am this morning there are lads ripping up the whole floor of my apartment to replace the floor (water damage from shower wall rotting/leaking, and knocking through the wall of my bathroom to replace it. Both lights then went in the bathroom. Nice and relaxing!

Doesn't take long to wreck a place with some tools. Bit of a disaster as there is nowhere to put all the stuff from the apartment so they have to move everything about painfully. Ah joys. Was ever so happy to leave for work.

Comment

Who are these people that are in the house in Frederick St?

Are they people who are heartily demonstrating with a good outcome in mind or are they just trouble makers?

The Balaclava act from the Guards is looking like a disaster. Who made that call?

I know a guard who was trying to protect Joan Burton that famous day. He was recognised in the crowd and ripped to shreds on social media (anonymously of course) until he had to leave all platforms. No big deal you may think but it was to him.

Is that the reason they are hiding their identity?

Comment

Biased because I'm a huge fan already but the new Spiritualized album is stunning

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Are they people who are heartily demonstrating with a good outcome in mind or are they just trouble makers?

The Balaclava act from the Guards is looking like a disaster. Who made that call?

I know a guard who was trying to protect Joan Burton that famous day. He was recognised in the crowd and ripped to shreds on social media (anonymously of course) until he had to leave all platforms. No big deal you may think but it was to him.

Another question, why is there so many vacant properties in Dublin?

Seems a strange narrative to peddle that awful landlords are keeping buildings empty that need to be occupied? I can't really get behind the idea that activists should be allowed just take over buildings by choice.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-09-18, 11:02.

Comment

Another question, why is there so many vacant properties in Dublin?

Seems a strange narrative to peddle that awful landlords are keeping buildings empty that need to be occupied? I can't really get behind the idea that activists should be allowed just take over buildings by choice.
                                                                                                    Taking over buildings to raise awareness and force action on the vacants is fair enough Imo.

In an ideal world the landlords could own as many vacants as they please. But we don't live in ideal world and people don't have anywhere to live, so fuck said landlords. Fair play to the activists they are doing more than anyone else about the problem.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Hadn't really read up on it until after reading your post. Did think it seemed fair that the Gardai were masked for that reason.

Reading more into it though and it seems the big concern is the Gardai were there protecting a bunch of private security guys who stormed it wearing balaclavas. Word they're Northern Irish, got out of a UK reg van that once belonged to Manchester police.

This stinks. Doesn't bode well for the new head.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Taking over buildings to raise awareness and force action on the vacants is fair enough Imo.

In an ideal world the landlords could own as many vacants as they please. But we don't live in ideal world and people don't have anywhere to live, so fuck said landlords. Fair play to the activists they are doing more than anyone else about the problem.
                                                                                                        It's private property the owners can let it rot does not mean a bunch of activists layabouts whatever they are can occupy it illegally. If a farmer left a field fallow would there be demands to graze sheep or grow spuds in it? I'd love a free gaff council house in the city center.

Comment

...

Comment

At a wedding in Santorini at the moment. Second wedding in 3 weekends.

Have July -> August -> September next year already booked out. 6 weddings and a stag party. (Scotland, Ireland, Poland, France and Italy for weddings - nobody taking it handy anymore)

I'll be a shell of a man by the end of it, and my wallet will be in bits.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 12-09-18, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                              It's private property the owners can let it rot does not mean a bunch of activists layabouts whatever they are can occupy it illegally. If a farmer left a field fallow would there be demands to graze sheep or grow spuds in it? I'd love a free gaff council house in the city center.
                                                                                                              Yes that's the same.

Fuck them while people have nowhere to live. Rent it or sell it.
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

No tell me how none of the activists have jobs or some shit to further distract from the real issue, that's how it usually goes isn't it?
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Some good deals at Tesco

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                    The houses should be developed . If you want the privilege to live in our beautiful city , do your bit to maintain your property or lose it. Imo

Comment

Not a fan in the slightest of the types of people who occupy these buildings, but Honda's point is reasonable. There's two things you can do with property: develop it for delivering property now, or let it lie derelict for a few years as a speculative play on future property prices. It's not really ideal that the second option is there given how much housing is needed, and even though its the owners right, it doesn't seem to be in the public interest. And the public has a valid interest in usage of scarce property that has some ability to override private property rights. Now, if they'd just properly tax the speculator leave-derelict types this problem would disappear, so that seems a better approach.
                                                                                                                      Taxing them makes sense to me and putting a rule that they need to be kept in reasonable repair also. If they are speculating on them than corporate rates should be charged, it a business asset in my opinion.

Sligo has a load of shopfronts that look awful because they don’t need to keep them painted etc. it makes the town look derilict and has actually turned some businesses that considered setting up to go elsewhere.

Slightly different I know but in the same realm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        Does it feel weird writing that. Congrats.
                                                                                                                        Not at all really, which is odd in itself. At least tho it ain't twins

Comment

Some good deals at Tesco

I had an idea a while back that needed to be properly fleshed out. A gin club, small group of people, either you send a bottle of gin to next person on list or we go bigger and send the same bottle to everyone in it. It would be expensive once but you would be getting a lot of different types to try.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X