Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Morning. T minus 90 mins till i pack these two off to Montessori and disappear to Killarney till Monday

Road trip with Jbravado, anyone else heading down this weekend?
    Flying to BCN tomorrow, 11 days in Salou. Out of work till 24th.

Comment

....Random BBV the last 12 hours lol...I'm 89kg, have only lost 2kg in about 6 months which sucks, and what is worse is the fact it's just flab and fat with big Boobs... But started with a fresh motivation, took the "before" picutres on Sunday and hope to lose about 8kg in 3 months... I'll probably be same weight in a months time because of my Vietnam trip, but hopefully be in better shape...
      ...Dobby has unknowingly volunteered to be my online mentor...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Flying to BCN tomorrow, 11 days in Salou. Out of work till 24th.
        GFYK

Hope the internet is shite for your FF
        Last edited by Dice75; 05-09-18, 08:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          poxy weight is a bastard altogether.
          burning loads of calories, 10k plus steps every day running about 2 hours a week and a bit of cycling and swimming. Eating clean about 75% but too much of it and then the other quarter is restaurants and bread.
          After getting down to 80 was stable around 88.5 for a couple of years but over the last year it's an insidious creep up to 93 now.
          Just need to stop putting so much food in my gob, sounds simple doesn't it
          Seems to be enough comments below for some kind of weight loss bet. Im 92 and need to be about 85, which i had been for a couple of years.

Same shite from me eating crap, if i didn't have a couple of hours of astro football a week id be homer now.

Winner take all 5-7k loss, Freezout.. I need some outside incentive, to wake the f up.
          sigpic
          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            I asked why this was not an easy win on here and got a good answer so I did not buy, on the other end you have people taking out second mortgages on hunches.
            Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
            ...What price are you looking to get out of curiosity, and date?...I really want to short them, don't quite have the cahoneys to do so...
            Down nearly 100 bucks since his "I'm taking it private" high.

I bought Jan17'20 190 Puts last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              I'm down from around 90 in November '17 to 67 now. Still feel like I'm eating a ton, just find iteasy when I'm grass fed. Taking a bit of a hit now as my gym is and will be closed for a few months. A big part of that was 11kg during that weight loss competition I was in as that was huge motivation to beat everybody, and beat them thoroughly. Off to London in the morning to do some damage, gained 3kg there last time, a couple months ago.
              Are you not taller than me? I'm 67 as well.

10k plus steps every day running
              I checked and I did over 100k steps over EP

just find iteasy when I'm grass fed.
              A few times at festivals I've tried to eat vegan, but I just really miss that umami of meat. At B&S I gave up and had a steak and it was quite possible the tastiest thing I've ever had, it was like every fibre of my being was thinking, yeah that's what we've been looking for. Is it a case of like giving up smoking or sugar that the body breaks that addiction or am I just going destined to always want meat?

Comment

I'm about two stone overweight as well if we are all having a group catharsis moment. My sad story is that I go on too many holidays to stay in shape.

Comment

My wife is gone about 1/4th of the year with varying lengths of trips, weight always falls off me when she is gone because I switch to almost vegetarian.Could go from 85 to 80 in 2 weeks. Big into lentils plus its gives me the chance to blame weight on stress eating because of her.

Comment

I'm considering an amputation or two.

Comment

Flight at 11, arrived at 10.20 and on plane now even with me and my bag being swabbed. #whattimeshouldiarrive

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Are you not taller than me? I'm 67 as well.

I checked and I did over 100k steps over EP

A few times at festivals I've tried to eat vegan, but I just really miss that umami of meat. At B&S I gave up and had a steak and it was quite possible the tastiest thing I've ever had, it was like every fibre of my being was thinking, yeah that's what we've been looking for. Is it a case of like giving up smoking or sugar that the body breaks that addiction or am I just going destined to always want meat?
                      Maybe a bit? Can't remember well. I'm 1.75. I'll probably lose a bit more before building up or recomp a bit from here. Feel a lot better being lighter and stronger.

A festival is a hard place for fledgling behaviour, mental state is stressed. Bit strapped for time so basically, yeah it's the same and the time varies for most people. Your tastes change with a bit of time and when you are not a steakholder it becomes less appealing. You'll still want a burger or greasy food or something meatlike but you'll be more than happy with nonmeat ones.

When I first had plantbased milk I hated it, a few weeks later it just tasted like milk to be and I loved it. When I tried dairy milk again it was way worse to me then, tastebuds man. I thought I'd never be able to give up cheese or eggs but it's nothing to me now. I'd say if I can be vegan anybody can, I did the carnivore diet before was cool. Distinctly remember saying a few times that I could never be a vegan. You also need time to learn what to eat that you like, so I usually say just start adding vegan meals that you like to your diet as it shouldn't be giving stuff up but more finding new things, try and find something vegan that has more umami etc.

Did you try feashty kebabs at EP? I was wondering what they are like
                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-09-18, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Down nearly 100 bucks since his "I'm taking it private" high.

I bought Jan17'20 190 Puts last week.
                        I see he's on Joe Rogan this week

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Phone slipped out of my hand, not far to floor, screen in bits

Original Moto's could be banged around like a kids toy

Never happened me before, probably as easy to just buy a new phone as get a replacement screen, fucking pissed!

*Phone still working, Are cheap screen protectors over cracked screens any use with regard to using phone?
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-09-18, 11:06.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Morning. T minus 90 mins till i pack these two off to Montessori and disappear to Killarney till Monday

Road trip with Jbravado, anyone else heading down this weekend?
                                  Few of us out in town tonight if you want to meet up. After your early exit from the sat.

Comment

Hmmmm

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sergio gets a wildcard pick. Hmmmm

Comment

Who would you have given it to??
                                        Please dont say Wallace.
                                        Sergio/Rahm combo must be one of our best pairings

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                          Pieters

Ready made partner for Rory and would play all the matches.
                                          If Sergio goes out on Friday morning and is dirt it will be hard to pick him again.

I'll be backing against him in the singles.
                                          USA got shorter after the announcement.

Still think 17/20 is a good bet on them. No interest in the single though.

Lucky 15 on the draws in 4 sessions. This is the year it clicks!!

Comment

What mid budget Hotels would people recommend for people visiting Dublin for a weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                              Pieters

Ready made partner for Rory and would play all the matches.
                                              If Sergio goes out on Friday morning and is dirt it will be hard to pick him again.

Still think 17/20 is a good bet on them. No interest in the single though.
                                              !
                                              Yeah hard not to agree with you, im sure it was a hard call to make.
                                              But at the end of the day if they were good enough they would already be qualified.

The price for USA has to be great value and is only going to shorthen further.

Comment

What mid budget Hotels would people recommend for people visiting Dublin for a weekend?
                                                the merrion?

Comment

They are going a little overboard both ways. I think they feel they need to keep the Ryder Cup relevant. USA selecting Woods and Mickelson, I mean what a joke. One of them maybe, both nah. I think they have an agreed philosophy to keep the pizzazz in it rather than letting the mechanics in.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    the merrion?
                                                    500 a night isn't my idea of mid budget

Looking at one of the Hiltons' or the Aisling

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      They are going a little overboard both ways. I think they feel they need to keep the Ryder Cup relevant. USA selecting Woods and Mickelson, I mean what a joke. One of them maybe, both nah. I think they have an agreed philosophy to keep the pizzazz in it rather than letting the mechanics in.
                                                      Don't agree with your take there, Rounders.

I think the Ryder cup hype is as big as ever and certainly not dying a death. No need to keep the Pizzazz there.

Top 8 get in for the US. 9,10,11 are BDC, Phil and Tiger so i would hardly call it a joke them being selected at all. It's probably the opposite of your line of thinking.

I do think that they would have gotten selected if they were 20 and 25th in the rankings though. But this time they weren't.

The Sergio pick can be called a joke imo on your thinking. I don't think him being there or not would make it any more attractive. Spanish Market will watch Rahm regardless.

1 BROOKS KOEPKA
                                                      2 DUSTIN JOHNSON
                                                      3 JUSTIN THOMAS
                                                      4 PATRICK REED
                                                      5 BUBBA WATSON
                                                      6 JORDAN SPIETH
                                                      7 RICKIE FOWLER
                                                      8 WEBB SIMPSON
                                                      9 Bryson DECHAMBEAU
                                                      10 Phil MICKELSON
                                                      11 Tiger WOODS
                                                      Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 05-09-18, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                        Don't agree with your take there, Rounders.

I think the Ryder cup hype is as big as ever and certainly not dying a death. No need to keep the Pizzazz there.

Top 8 get in for the US. 9,10,11 are BDC, Phil and Tiger so i would hardly call it a joke them being selected at all. It's probably the opposite of your line of thinking.

I do think that they would have gotten selected if they were 20 and 25th in the rankings though. But this time they weren't.

The Sergio pick can be called a joke imo on your thinking. I don't think him being there or not would make it any more attractive. Spanish Market will watch Rahm regardless.

1 BROOKS KOEPKA
                                                        2 DUSTIN JOHNSON
                                                        3 JUSTIN THOMAS
                                                        4 PATRICK REED
                                                        5 BUBBA WATSON
                                                        6 JORDAN SPIETH
                                                        7 RICKIE FOWLER
                                                        8 WEBB SIMPSON
                                                        9 Bryson DECHAMBEAU
                                                        10 Phil MICKELSON
                                                        11 Tiger WOODS
                                                        I was probably a bit strong there. But its road tested that Woods and Mickelson dont play well together or give off a good vibe in same team. Ok so dont play them together. But I'll go a step further and say both on the same team isnt good. There is a tension in the air with those 2 in close proximity and I see this pervading onto the rookies. You need to cultivate a relaxed atmosphere. Pulling in the same direction atmosphere but having the two of the in there unsettles the feel good vibe.

Comment

Whats this mid budget hotel about anyway?. Usually a manger would be good for you. Is it that there a woman involved signalling the upgrade in accommodation!?.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                                                            Few of us out in town tonight if you want to meet up. After your early exit from the sat.
                                                            Might pop in so.

Comment

Often use the Aishling when I'm in town - it's fine for what it is. The higher grade rooms are vastly nicer and also good to request a room not facing the Luas soundproofing isn't all it could be!

Stillorgan Park and the Schoolhouse are 2 other good options depending on where you'll be based.

IMI residence is a lower rent option than any of those but again acceptable. All the rooms were exactly the same when I used to stay there so upgrade is of no value and it's a bit out of the way.

Comment

Really? we usually stay there when in Dublin and pay around 150 or 200 max a night

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  Phone slipped out of my hand, not far to floor, screen in bits

Original Moto's could be banged around like a kids toy

Never happened me before, probably as easy to just buy a new phone as get a replacement screen, fucking pissed!

*Phone still working, Are cheap screen protectors over cracked screens any use with regard to using phone?
                                                                  oooh, incase anyone wondering why this annoyed me so much (apart from pissing away £170) dropped it about 20 mins after getting call from hospital to skip queue for minor eye operation, so pissed at mind being elsewhere

Op done, all good, look like someone punched me in the eye with an old diamond ring

Still pissed mind

Comment

Blade runner on tv, original voice over version, really liked that version when a kid, sounds a bit shit now

Comment

I was probably a bit strong there. But its road tested that Woods and Mickelson dont play well together or give off a good vibe in same team. Ok so dont play them together. But I'll go a step further and say both on the same team isnt good. There is a tension in the air with those 2 in close proximity and I see this pervading onto the rookies. You need to cultivate a relaxed atmosphere. Pulling in the same direction atmosphere but having the two of the in there unsettles the feel good vibe.
                                                                      They are buddies now, whereas they weren't 10 years or so ago.

Comment

Please dont say Wallace.
                                                                        Sergio/Rahm combo must be one of our best pairings
                                                                        Don't get it , why not Wallace ?

Comment

Last time I was in Dublin it was on short notice and everywhere was crazy prices, stayed in the Aparto student gaffs, 60 quid a night, own room in a 5 room hall, en suite, shared kitchen/living space (that looked unused), really quiet, was off season for students so not sure if different now

I will use them again, worth a look at least if stuck

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            They are buddies now, whereas they weren't 10 years or so ago.
                                                                            I dont know about that but at least if Phil is to stop rolling golf balls he only loses the hole at worst!.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                              Cabrera Bello should have gotten in imo
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

oooh, incase anyone wondering why this annoyed me so much (apart from pissing away £170) dropped it about 20 mins after getting call from hospital to skip queue for minor eye operation, so pissed at mind being elsewhere

Op done, all good, look like someone punched me in the eye with an old diamond ring

Still pissed mind
                                                                                I was wondering. And I was thinking you were shirking not calling it an unforced error. Instead making excuses for the drop with because of the call you got 20 mins previous, almost putting blame on the phone.
                                                                                Glad the procedure went well nevertheless.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I was wondering. And I was thinking you were shirking not calling it an unforced error. Instead making excuses for the drop with because of the call you got 20 mins previous, almost putting blame on the phone.
                                                                                    Glad the procedure went well nevertheless.
                                                                                    Well, the gorilla glass on the original Moto g phones would take a hell of a beating with no problems... So it's a bit of a shock to see it bust after one small fall but ho hum, planned obsolescence is very much in vouge now
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 05-09-18, 18:13.

Comment

Those who don't venture outside the BBV, come here and help me figure out what to watch

Werewolf, forum games, general interest threads and community building

Comment

Only noticed yesterday that the 3rd series of 'Upstart Crow' started last week. Episode 2 on at 20.30, BBC2, today.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                          ....Random BBV the last 12 hours lol...I'm 89kg, have only lost 2kg in about 6 months which sucks, and what is worse is the fact it's just flab and fat with big Boobs... But started with a fresh motivation, took the "before" picutres on Sunday and hope to lose about 8kg in 3 months... I'll probably be same weight in a months time because of my Vietnam trip, but hopefully be in better shape...
                                                                                          ...Dobby has unknowingly volunteered to be my online mentor...
                                                                                          Unknowingly? Lol. Do what I told you ya fat fucker and get back to me

Comment

Ping pong docu on beeb 4 is facinating

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              the greatest bottler in golf?
                                                                                              That's the very fellow. Although Charels Howell the 3rd must surely be the worst/best.

DECHAMBEAU at 16s seems decent this week . He's on fire. Outside bet on Cameron Smith.

Comment

Nike excelled themselves with this ad. Wonder if their sweatshop workers have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  I was liking Finau and Rory
                                                                                                  Rory is never priced attractively. Playing well though. Finau deserves a win. Hope he doesnt become one of those horses that cant get over the line 1st.

Comment

Well, the gorilla glass on the original Moto g phones would take a hell of a beating with no problems... So it's a bit of a shock to see it bust after one small fall but ho hum, planned obsolescence is very much in vouge now
                                                                                                    Did it land on a corner? Corner drops are a death sentence for most modern consumer devices. They are super hard to protect against.
                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

This is a good watch/listen:

Mick McCarthy joins us to discuss his career, his return to management and commentary. He discusses Saipan, Roy Keane and 2002 World Cup.Brought to you in as...

Comment

His stats are terrible, yes hes won 3 times but two of those victories where he had no competition in the field.

What do you all make of the Tiger Vs Phil PPV game for $9 million in Vegas??

Comment

His stats are terrible, yes hes won 3 times but two of those victories where he had no competition in the field.

What do you all make of the Tiger Vs Phil PPV game for $9 million in Vegas??
                                                                                                          I hate that , he beat nothing argument. These young guys are fecking good golfers . Bjorn went for his old buddies. My bet is the rookies do better than the picks . (If i can find it).

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Bullocks;1080303]I hate that , he beat nothing argument. These young guys are fecking good golfers . Bjorn went for his old buddies. My bet is the rookies do better than the picks . (If i can find it).[http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...6183012/QUOTE]
                                                                                                            Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Hooch;1080304]
                                                                                                              I hate that , he beat nothing argument. These young guys are fecking good golfers . Bjorn went for his old buddies. My bet is the rookies do better than the picks . (If i can find it).[http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...6183012/QUOTE]
                                                                                                              3 wins . I'm impressed. Looks like he can do it when he needs to .

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Bullocks;1080305]

3 wins . I'm impressed. Looks like he can do it when he needs to .
                                                                                                                What about Kim Koivu hes had 5 wins this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                  Did it land on a corner? Corner drops are a death sentence for most modern consumer devices. They are super hard to protect against.
                                                                                                                  Flat on its face, don't think the glass back helps with shock absorption tbh

Comment

[QUOTE=Hooch;1080306]

What about Kim Koivu hes had 5 wins this year.
                                                                                                                    The Missus is Finnish so was funking for him . Europe on a hiding to nothing imo. Blood the potential (I know I know TV etc.)

Comment

Nike excelled themselves with this ad. Wonder if their sweatshop workers have seen it.
                                                                                                                      Make a show real of nike ads, cut in a few picks of Jim Larkin and the likes from around the planet, show them to the staff and watch it burn

Comment

The quotes are gone mad Ted . Who said what ?

Comment

Is this the Brits last Ryder Cup?

Gonna be some craic them playing for Europe next time

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X