Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    You say that now but some night you'll be sitting with the virtual nuts on the flop and you'll be delirious when someone shoves with 3rd pair and in the moment you snap call you'll realise that its the Chief and you'll know your fate is sealed and after you have been runner runnered hear "Did you not notice that the 7's were running tonight"
    I've been chiefed by a lot of people . His stories of entrapment were alway an entertaining wait for a punchline that never came. Great chap altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      I've been chiefed by a lot of people . His stories of entrapment were alway an entertaining wait for a punchline that never came. Great chap altogether
      The best was when he did something awful that knocked someone out, like called with K high and hit that on the river to knock out someone with QQ and he'd berate them for playing terribly as they walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        The best was when he did something awful that knocked someone out, like called with K high and hit that on the river to knock out someone with QQ and he'd berate them for playing terribly as they walked away.
        Is he actually dead or just a rumour? Surely HJ or someone from the Fitz would know?

Last time i saw him he had just had a minor stroke but was grand apart from 50% hearing in one ear which was fun for everyone at the table.

Good excuse to post his promo video again

Chief :" the pros tell you ,its easy win with good cards - its winning with bad cards that make a good player''
        Last edited by Dice75; 29-08-18, 15:31.

Comment

No, idea, no one seems to be able to say. I guess that's what happens when a group of ex poker players discuss it.

Comment

I don't know, haven't heard anything.

Comment

He's probably not dead then.

Comment

Why does he get a pass for being a cunt when anyone else would be pulled on it? Cos he sounds like a prick from what's been posted.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just in case anybody under VHI still hasn't come across this (€100 cash from VHI)

Log in to your MyVhi account here and get access to all your policy documents and information in one secure place, anytime, anywhere

You can still get it if your work pay your health insurance for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          Is he actually dead or just a rumour? Surely HJ or someone from the Fitz would know?

Last time i saw him he had just had a minor stroke but was grand apart from 50% hearing in one ear which was fun for everyone at the table.

Good excuse to post his promo video again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lVIIKaU9g
                          His last Hendon Mob entry is in Jan 2015 for a Fitz weekly tournament, and there is an rip.ie entry for someone with his name in Feb 2015, so it could well be the case that he is dead. A search here didn't turn up anything, which would be surprising, even given the lack of poker in this thread in recent years.

Comment

A section of a New York city street had to be shut down by police on Tuesday, when about 20,000 bees swarmed the umbrella of a hotdog stand. As tourists watc...

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

there is an rip.ie entry for someone with his name in Feb 2015,.
                              Ah no I'm sure I've met him out since then, anyway that notice is outside Dublin so not him.

Comment

Here's a quick vid of it being done, might give a better idea. Else get Kev out with the camera

pretty much looks the same, class.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  Why does he get a pass for being a cunt when anyone else would be pulled on it? Cos he sounds like a prick from what's been posted.
                                  He was consciously being one. He was to poker what Danny Healy Rae is to politics

Comment

Series one repeat of Sharon Horgan and Graham Linehan comedy Motherland on BBC 2 at 10pm tonight. Probably a precursor to season two which is due before year end.

Recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      He was consciously being one. He was to poker what Danny Healy Rae is to politics
                                      what a prick who is conscientiously a dumb prick for attention?
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75
                                        In the Fitz here and asked The Chief was he out of action for a while. Still getting the round about story here but the cliff notes are he had head pains & ended up having an artery removed from his head.Currently stone deaf in one ear which is fun for the rest of us!
                                        His last Hendon Mob entry is in Jan 2015 for a Fitz weekly tournament, and there is an rip.ie entry for someone with his name in Feb 2015, so it could well be the case that he is dead. A search here didn't turn up anything, which would be surprising, even given the lack of poker in this thread in recent years.
                                        That's a post from the time i met him last in the Fitz from 10/02/15. As Strewel says the RIP post is from 2 weeks after that but from Navan so unless he was living down there...

Comment

This chap interviewd me in the shopping centre a few months back. He's great crack

Fast forward to about 51 mins have a listen 😂😂

Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Meant to say unconsciously ..doh

Comment

Ah no I'm sure I've met him out since then, anyway that notice is outside Dublin so not him.
                                              I noticed that, and while he was obviously a dub, I didn't know where he lived.

Comment

I noticed that, and while he was obviously a dub, I didn't know where he lived.
                                                Pretty sure he's from Walkinstown or that direction.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've been reading Ulysses and doing some support reading along the way to help me understand it all.

Tonight i was looking for more info on a pub that was mentioned and Googling came up with this gem of a document: James Joyce Run: Nothing Happens in the Public Houses, People Drink

So the author worked out he could cross Dublin by passing all of the pubs that are mentioned in novel and that still exist (36 in total) in a 21Km run and he wrote an academic article on it.

It has photos, maps, quotes, observations, colour and lots places people will recognise even if they never knew they featured in the great book. I'm over 20 years in Dublin and learned loads.

Well worth a look.

Comment

I’m married to one, consider dallas my home and have “the best” memories of traveling around but fuck me Americans are annoying

Comment

Forget dog whistling.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

One of my favourite memories in poker involved this photo.
                                                        Player 1 asked the table
                                                        “if you could have the two at the end,
                                                        but had to take the one in the middle as well,
                                                        would you do it?”
                                                        There was the usual banter responses and then a lull
                                                        at which Player 2 piped up with the classic
                                                        “ah lads ffs,
                                                        if you’re getting the other two
                                                        you’d be priced in for the one in the middle”.
                                                        Poker logic at it’s best.
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Schools are back. Traffic mad again.

Lots of fat kids being driven short distances by fat parents. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Lots of fat kids being driven short distances by fat parents. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
                                                            It’s probably the fresh veg at the bottom of their fridges.

Comment

Two starting Montessori today finally. Thankfully just a five minute walk although got the fat parent thing down.

Gonna throw the o'l bluff in that both are fully toilet trained and see if we get the hold for 3 hours.

Comment

Two starting Montessori today finally. Thankfully just a five minute walk although got the fat parent thing down.

Gonna throw the o'l bluff in that both are fully toilet trained and see if we get the hold for 3 hours.
                                                                One word Dice. Stickers. Little Miss V peeing and pooing consistently in the toilet in 4 days thanks to stickers.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                    One word Dice. Stickers. Little Miss V peeing and pooing consistently in the toilet in 4 days thanks to stickers.
                                                                    Yeah same here, girls fine - boys thick.

Comment

England continuing their form of the last Test vs India.

28/3

Comment

England continuing their form of the last Test vs India.

28/3
                                                                        4 down now.

They're either brilliant or shit. Literally nothing in between

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          I went off for the weekend on a stag do a couple of months ago and when i got back MrsHiFi had himself full toilet trained. 3 accidents, 2 days and 0 horrors for me. Result.

Comment

4 down now.

They're either brilliant or shit. Literally nothing in between
                                                                            Pretty much sums up England in general

Comment

Freddie T guilty in a 3 Judge, non jury trial. Does that happen often?

Rounder disgusted that one of the big players is off the streets?
                                                                              Has the recent decline in deaths / reported trouble in the feud been down to good police work?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                I went off for the weekend on a stag do a couple of months ago and when i got back MrsHiFi had himself full toilet trained. 3 accidents, 2 days and 0 horrors for me. Result.
                                                                                Piss off

Comment

Piss off
                                                                                  Shit pun

Comment

Our lad will be 2 years 5 months by Christmas next year. I might use the threat of Santy removing a present every time he has an accident. Good motivation, although at that age he probably won't fully get the whole scam yet.

Comment

Our lad will be 2 years 5 months by Christmas next year. I might use the threat of Santy removing a present every time he has an accident. Good motivation, although at that age he probably won't fully get the whole scam yet.
                                                                                      Rubbing their nose in it also helps...
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Couple people confirmed that was Chief that passed away

Comment

Thread title change . Hail to the Chief.

Comment

Couple people confirmed that was Chief that passed away
                                                                                            Swear to my kids life im not being a troll but met 2 more here equally trusted who said no, alive and well.

Aqyick enquiry (cant say where for legal reasons) tells me he got an email that he had qualified for a cash league final with a decent stack by mistake but when he turned up to no stack got the hump and quit....

So....dunno....

Comment

Swear to my kids life im not being a troll but met 2 more here equally trusted who said no, alive and well.

Aqyick enquiry (cant say where for legal reasons) tells me he got an email that he had qualified for a cash league final with a decent stack by mistake but when he turned up to no stack got the hump and quit....

So....dunno....
                                                                                              Any of these sources reliable? I'm tempted to go in to the Fitz for a game just to ask Denise!

Comment

Any of these sources reliable? I'm tempted to go in to the Fitz for a game just to ask Denise!
                                                                                                1st two are Fitz regs (jbravado) so are second 2 and third (about the mistaken fake stack) is an employee so i dunno.

I will ask Denise on break and post any answer given.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Asked Denise. Still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Cheering the successes is the preferred way to do it if you don't want him to grow up to be a psychopath
                                                                                                          Nope, gotta cheer the effort not the successes or he'll never work hard at pooping correctly later in life. Oh nice shot, nearly got there!

Comment

Pretty sure I remember ianmc38 saying a good few years ago he lived just round the corner from The Chief. Sure ianmc38 lives elsewhere these days but could still have family/friends who might know. He posted in Deadparrots IPTV streams thread recently so could be worth a pm.

Comment

Build your own Brexit

Funny in a 'sad but true way'. I took the hardest Brexit possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                Freddie T guilty in a 3 Judge, non jury trial. Does that happen often?

Rounder disgusted that one of the big players is off the streets?
                                                                                                                Has the recent decline in deaths / reported trouble in the feud been down to good police work?
                                                                                                                Ah Freddie was just small potatoes anyway. A chauffeur, known face and general thug is all. There seems to be no proper organised gangs at all now. And what ones there are is riddled with informants. Nobody can build a proper head of steam.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  Pretty sure I remember ianmc38 saying a good few years ago he lived just round the corner from The Chief. Sure ianmc38 lives elsewhere these days but could still have family/friends who might know. He posted in Deadparrots IPTV streams thread recently so could be worth a pm.
                                                                                                                  He posted recently?

Ah, be cool if he came back on the scene, sound lad.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Cheering the successes is the preferred way to do it if you don't want him to grow up to be a psychopath
                                                                                                                    Thanked this, then realised, this..
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Nope, gotta cheer the effort not the successes or he'll never work hard at pooping correctly later in life. Oh nice shot, nearly got there!
                                                                                                                    is actually correct.

Comment

In the kitchen this morn the wife has her head in the fridge checking best befores. Asks me what date it is.

I said 29th, then corrected myself after looking at the phone.

Two of us were like 'Aug 30th, why is that date ringing bells'

Took a few moments for both of us to cop it was our 16th wedding anniversary.

Love that about her, not a bollix given for any of that nonsense. Same with valentines.

Comment

daughter all packed and ready to go to EP has only realised tonight that her ticket did not arrive in post and is not available for download.
                                                                                                                        apparently pointing out that she might have been a bit more careful if she'd paid for it herself wasn't the right thing to say

Comment

speaking of deadline day deals, we have signed the best player in the country, technically he isnt #1 but he is the most physically dominant guy out there. First session tonight and he did what was expected, smashed up left and right.

This will only resonate with the rugby folk but I heard tonight that when on international tour, warming up for the game, subs holding the pads, starters hitting them to get shoulders warm. he hit a pad so hard the sub broke two ribs and couldnt play. the amount of needed force generated for this to happen is unbelievable

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X