Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope your team is winning guys !

GO TEAM!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
      I hope your team is winning guys !

GO TEAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        It's snooker .?? ..I tried that ! ...I was crap!

Comment

Surprised at how interesting I found Being AP considering I'm someone who thinks the horses should get all the money/trophies

Comment

best episode of the leftovers for a long time.....

Comment

Watching Little Boy Blue there on tv3 (repeat first eps) with wife and late teen kids, it breaks for adds and the new Durex add comes on....just as I was gonna say "will I make the tea" wife gets there before me, ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Surprised at how interesting I found Being AP considering I'm someone who thinks the horses should get all the money/trophies
                Small but speedy, watch this superb Shetland Pony race at Bath... --------------------------------Our new app is FREE to download on:iPhone: http://apple.co...

Comment

Anyone needing iPhone screen repairs, I spotted a place in Dorset St today doing them for €25, €35, €45, and €60 for the iPhone 4, 5, 6, and 6s .also says that he can do it in 20 minutes. Just beside Cosgroves Car sales place at the NCR junction.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    No. But pain is a long way from achilles, all tenderness is inside-centre of calf.
                    It attaches much higher up than you'd expect.
                    Is there any swelling? Would probably be best to RICE it until you can get it looked at.
                    Nasty
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some feckin eejit driving a digger down my road took out a telephone pole and my internet.
                      Fucking twat, poxy eircon will take half the week to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Is there any swelling? Would probably be best to RICE it until you can get it looked at.
                        Nasty
                        Dr Gabe Mirkin who came up with the term RICE

TL;DR

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Ice doesn't do shit!
                        Except pain relief in the short term!

Comment

Nasty
                          Rice? Sure that's only for wet wet phone and eating.

Comment

Some feckin eejit driving a digger down my road took out a telephone pole and my internet.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I will Reiki the internet it only works if you believe strew so clap your hands!

Sorry about that I hope it gets fixed..pain I know ..

Comment

baby RICE is my rosebud word...

Comment

Would you like me to give it to you? What is DP?
                                  You're not really my type but cheers for the offer x
                                  Last edited by Dice75; 02-05-17, 05:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    You're not really my type but cheers for the offer x
                                    no sexual fav needed but umkay

man turns down money on online poker forum.... dice man is now nice man

Comment

Nasty
                                      yeah, going to get it looked at today - not all that sore tbf until I try to put any kind of weight on it, then painful. Can't walk.

thank fuck for broadband as have a week from hell in work coming up
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Can't walk.
                                        ouch no advice to give but hope its grand soon
                                        Watch Baskets if you're recuperating ..it's hilarious!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Would you like me to give it to you? What is DP?
                                              too easy
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My daughter may be a genius.
                                                Spent the morning picking up objects and authoritatively proclaiming "that's a this"
                                                and "this is that" .
                                                I'm not sure how common existentialism is in toddlers but the ability to view the world in such an abstract way surely is quite rare.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    My daughter may be a genius.
                                                    Spent the morning picking up objects and authoritatively proclaiming "that's a this"
                                                    and "this is that" .
                                                    I'm not sure how common existentialism is in toddlers but the ability to view the world in such an abstract way surely is quite rare.
                                                    Cutie pants!

Weirdly 'chausseures' is his only word.
                                                    He is thinking bi bilingually though...that's pretty genius.

Some children raised bilingual do take a little longer to start talking than those raised in monolingual households. The delay is temporary, however, and according to experts, it's not a general rule

Over the long term it makes no diff at all they catch up. And it's cool he will have the two!
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 02-05-17, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      I know we've lowered our standards considerably, but surely its still surprising when a sitting president doesn't know that the president who's picture he hung in his office as representative of his ideals was dead well before the US Civil War. Although I do agree with his lesser reported comments about Brian Boru striking a shocking deal with the Brits after 1916.

He says if Jackson was later, meaning if he lived longer. He's aware he died before the Civil War.
                                                      That comment is ridiculous for a whole host of other reasons. Mainly the idea that nobody tried to work it out, .
                                                      Also, the part where nobody "asks "why there was a civil" was especially odd. Given it's possibly the most written/discussed topic in US history.

Comment

He recently said he would be 'honored' to meet Kim Jong-un. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...g-un-1.3067958

Comment

Anyone able to suggest somewhere to get a nice leather passport holder with some script embossed into it?

There are a lot of options on Etsy so tricky to choose one. Somewhere more local would be better too.

Comment

Comment

but in the next sentence he describes Jackson as being angry about the civil war ... (which as a reminder happened about two decades after he died).
                                                              Ghost anger is the worst kind of anger.

Comment

He recently said he would be 'honored' to meet Kim Jong-un. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...g-un-1.3067958
                                                                "We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace."
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Anyone able to suggest somewhere to get a nice leather passport holder with some script embossed into it?

There are a lot of options on Etsy so tricky to choose one. Somewhere more local would be better too.
                                                                    they're pointless as you'll have to remove the passport from the holder every time you go through customs
                                                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 02-05-17, 10:18.

Comment

@RichieM sent you a p.m.

Comment

Anyone been to the Isle of Man? If so did you go by boat or fly, stay long and where? Anything interesting to do if there for 2 days say.

Cheers

Comment

Get a plain one, and just write "I'm a pretentious twat" on it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                            Anyone been to the Isle of Man? If so did you go by boat or fly, stay long and where? Anything interesting to do if there for 2 days say.

Cheers
                                                                            Yes . Fly Ryanair. So quick hadn't time to finish my drink

Just drank mainly. Go to quids Inn. Thats it really.

Not overaly exciting there bar you call to Ms Hansen then it becomes exciting
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

but in the next sentence he describes Jackson as being angry about the civil war ... (which as a reminder happened about two decades after he died).
                                                                              The the full text says something like AJ knew it was happening, and seen it coming. Complete horseshit of course. But his angle is that AJ is a genius that could have fixed it, not hat he was around during the Civil War.

Of course, the truth is that he's probably thinking of Andrew Johnson, not Andrew Jackson, who was also from Tennessee. Despite being Lincolns VP, he opposed giving freed slaves equal citizenship. Very Trumpesque imo.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                @RichieM sent you a p.m.
                                                                                No he didn't. I've checked.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Get a plain one, and just write "I'm a pretentious twat" on it yourself?
                                                                                  You, they look absolutely ridiculous. No idea why anyone would need one.

You travel out of Europe often enough to need protection for your passport Keane?

Comment

...

Comment

Leave keane alone
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I would say he would have been angry about the civil war being an Indian killing slave owner mainly angry that the Yankees were trying to take his slaves away and killing all his soldiers which could be used better massacring natives or invading Mexico.

Timelines aside he was a good old boy even by the measure of the times and an ex general so would have been whistling dixie with the rest of Tennessee.

Comment

Ye know this already but still.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                              Leave keane alone
                                                                                              I disagree

Comment

Nice that the Anti water scumbags can afford the almost tribunal like bonanza the bewigged Baristas are giving themselves with hour after irrelevant hour of repetitive interrogation of Joan Burton.
                                                                                                In fairness though this is an unequal fight, unlike when she was in fear for her life from a gang of thugs that a phalanx of Gardai were barely able to contain, those currently attempting to bully her and keep her locked up in the Four Goldmines for days all come across as intellectual midgets who are not able to live with Burton.

Chances of any of the scum going to jail approx. 0% until that is they spend an hour inside for nonpayment of the inevitable fines

Comment

#whataretheylike

Think that means Lazare will never enter politics on principle

#prayforlazare
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                                                    I got as far as this, just setting up my account now.

Comment

#whataretheylike

I think my biggest problem would be around adding an extra 30 secs on for quite time. Standing around for 30 seconds in silence contemplating how pointless the previous 30 seconds praying time was would piss me off incredibly.

I think Ruth should take it as an insult and go further - Catholics get 30 seconds to pray and talk about their god. None Catholics are deemed to be absent of religion so no need to listen to their prayers.

The extra 30 seconds is not just a patronising and falsely inclusive show of progress but in fact a conspiracy to show up all the non Catholics in the house and give everyone 30 seconds to think about how much they hate all the Prods, Muslims and whatever other class of the damned have smuggled themselves into the ruling class.

There is definitely some massive rabble rabble potential in this to distract from the biggest Watergate scandal since Watergate.

On the other side she is completely correct.

Comment

Serious amount of cunts online today.

Comment

Haters gonna hate Keane.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            Haters gonna hate Keane.
                                                                                                            Bit harsh to say that everyone who hates something will also hate Keane but with the punctuation as is it is, pretty hard to read that any other way

Comment

Another request for recommendations - I'd like to get some understairs storage installed, and if possible would like to use a talented carpenter rather than the pre-built options (Smart Storage) as it should be a bit cheaper. Does anyone know of a carpenter doing this kind of thing or has anyone had this kind of thing done in the past and could tell me about it? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                Another request for recommendations - I'd like to get some understairs storage installed, and if possible would like to use a talented carpenter rather than the pre-built options (Smart Storage) as it should be a bit cheaper. Does anyone know of a carpenter doing this kind of thing or has anyone had this kind of thing done in the past and could tell me about it? Thanks
                                                                                                                I had it done about 10 years ago and still going strong (even after house knocked down around it).

Well worth the money, get a recommendation for a decent carpenter.

Comment

You won't be as keane next time.

Comment

What age is your daughter now? Our son is 19 months and just about on the balance between being an incredibly annoying holiday companion and us enjoying the clear joy he gets out of the experience. The latter was what pushed us towards booking.

Eurocamp would be mainly English speaking (Yelloh seems a bit more French), plus anywhere in Loire in tourism the people would speak good English without an attitude about speaking said English, most places in Brittany too. So language wouldn't be an issue, I think.

Flight to Nantes which is less than an hour from heart of Loire is 1h20m, so you'd barely even know you are on the plane. Loads of camps there. Camp sites near Lake Guarda are famously family friendly too, but a longer flight and probably way more expensive.
                                                                                                                    giving serious thought to one of the above camp things.
                                                                                                                    wrinkles would be my wife's lack of french
                                                                                                                    It's not backing down if it's my idea
                                                                                                                    No. I'm a man with convictions.

Ah. I'm just dying for a break. It's been all go from the moment we came back from honeymoon and contracting means I never take holidays.
                                                                                                                    Starting to feel a bit frazzled going in to work.

Shes 14 months Hitch. She's definitely in the annoying companion stage
                                                                                                                    Lucie was 16 months when I took her to a Eurocamp in the South of France. No bother at all and enjoyed it. She was chatting and cute and so so different from the bratty 16 year old I have! oh how it changed between 16 months and 16 years

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                      Did it recently although only the bit behind the downstairs jacks and not the whole lot. Not sure how much as he did the attic aswell. If you want his number let me know.

Comment

Did someone post recently about claiming back BIK? How does that work, because it doesn't make full sense to me. It's VHI.

Comment

Nah. He never does it in the big games

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X